Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? (2050 Views)

Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! / After Childbirth How Long Can You Wait Before Sexual Intercourse??? / No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by Atreus(f): 12:47am On Aug 26, 2009
Some people start having kids 9months to 1year after they're married. I'm totally against that,i mean i want to enjoy my wife,y'know,enjoy being married for like 2 to 3 years before we start having kids. What do you think?
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by omega25red(m): 1:00am On Aug 26, 2009
Dude get all these naija traditions out of your head the would has changed and it continues to change. you should not be married if you can't afford it and you definately shouldn't be having any kids if you cant afford it.
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by Atreus(f): 1:09am On Aug 26, 2009
What on earth makes you think i cant afford kids?
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by Atreus(f): 1:11am On Aug 26, 2009
Please try and read and understand a topic before you start posting replies.
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by TheSeeker(m): 2:40am On Aug 26, 2009
I feel where you're coming from. Believe me, I've always wanted that as some sorta fantasy. You know, enjoy the good ol' boyfriend/girlfriend days and stuffs; it makes it all fun, I guess.

But as it is, I'm not sure women can wait that long when they're already married yet. If my woman can wait for a little more before we start having kids, sure why not? It's fun.
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by Atreus(f): 6:50am On Aug 26, 2009
Thank-you. We all know that when the little buggers start popping out,things will definitely change
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by MoneyRule(m): 10:03am On Aug 26, 2009
A year or two max, but if she wants one earlier, i won't deny her one.
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by chiejik(f): 11:04am On Aug 26, 2009
i cant wait,remember ladies fades easily unlike men so is andvicable to do it as soon as possible so you rest
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by ajoks1904(f): 11:21am On Aug 27, 2009
@ Aterus: Welcome to the real world. Am gonna take it that u are married, rite? If not there is not point going any futher, else, if you are,its better you know the health status of both partners cos u cant assume because you probably got someone pregnant @ some point in your life, u can still do it again or cos ur wife has been pregnant before doesnt mean she can still get pregnant, If that part of the story is sorted out, good for u. Dont forget that God-factor is always there, Even when you are ready for them,its only God that can determine when kids would actually come!!! If you wanna get married without kids been involved, fine. Marriage is not all about having kids,though.

Enjoy all you can, k? Cheers
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by modele2: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2009
ajoks1904:

@ Aterus: Welcome to the real world. Am gonna take it that u are married, rite? If not there is not point going any futher, else, if you are,its better you know the health status of both partners cos u cant assume because you probably got someone pregnant @ some point in your life, u can still do it again or cos your wife has been pregnant before doesnt mean she can still get pregnant, If that part of the story is sorted out, good for u. Dont forget that God-factor is always there, Even when you are ready for them,its only God that can determine when kids would actually come!!! If you wanna get married without kids been involved, fine. Marriage is not all about having kids,though.

Enjoy all you can, k? Cheers

WORD.
Kids might not come when you want them to!
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by modele2: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2009
chiejik:

i cant wait,remember ladies fades easily unlike men so is andvicable to do it as soon as possible so you rest

Moral of the story is dont go down that lane if ur wife is older than 23.

Besides the external families would not let u guys rest and the pressure on ur wife would mount, you know people dont mind their business. You have got to be exceptionally thick skinned to knock off all the busy bodies.

Personally, i would wait a few months.very few months[sub][/sub]
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by busybody20: 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
modele2:

Moral of the story is dont go down that lane if your wife is older than 23.

Besides the external families would not let u guys rest and the pressure on your wife would mount, you know people dont mind their business. You have got to be exceptionally thick skinned to knock off all the busy bodies.

Personally, i would wait a few months.very few months[sub][/sub]

Why u dey call my name now? angry angry grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by ritaNL: 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2009
Like 5yrs ago I do always say i'll wait but If I marry nao,the nxt month na belle,me and my bobo don already do the honeymoon b4 we marry.
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by Akinagirl(f): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2009
Some women cant wait. I mean its alright to plan that way. But things dont always work out that way. So you get your wife pregnant earlier, you dont want to have kids early what you gonna do abort? I mean its God that gives babies. Your plan aint his plan. And you need to both agree and you all both need to figure out whether you want kids or not. Because life happens, things happen. You might be able to have kids now, whose to say you will 3 years later?
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by Sissy3(f): 5:51am On Aug 28, 2009
i think it kind of depends on the ages of the couple involved. those probably age advanced will most likely start early some 3-6months while the younger ones might wait for like a year to start trying
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by ichommy(m): 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2009
9 months oooo grin
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by posakosa(m): 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2009
omega25red:

Dude get all these naija traditions out of your head the would has changed and it continues to change. you should not be married if you can't afford it and you definately shouldn't be having any kids if you cant afford it.

Well said man. grin grin grin
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by mohawkchic(f): 2:34am On Aug 30, 2009
~Spot On!

~Once you start a family the best part of one year is full of new challenges & experience! So i say take your 2/3 years bonding,b/c you're going to need to pull on the strength of those special years to get thro!

~BTW is the MRs in agreement to wait that long? grin
Re: How Long Would You Wait Before Having Kids When You're Married? by danikik7: 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
Do not reject God blessings,take as it is given unto thee.

(1) (Reply)

He Came Back From Work And Found Tribal Marks On His Kids' Faces! / I Am Not Happy In This Relationship / Why Become A Single Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.