Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,804 members, 7,798,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT: Power Required To Drive Economic Recovery - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT: Power Required To Drive Economic Recovery (575 Views)

Where Can An Agricultural Engineering Student Make Placement For IT. / How Much Is Mathematics In Agricultural Engineering? / Between Agricultural Engineering & Computer Engineering, Help Me Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT: Power Required To Drive Economic Recovery by willoughby1990(m): 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
Agricultural engineering has for long lived under the shadow of "bigger" engineering courses such as mechanical, electrical, civil etc. It has suffered neglect and discrimination over the years by succesive government and private organizations. I do not need bore you with what agric engineering is, as wikipedia and many online books have thoroughly defined it.
Nigeria's current economic woes would have been well cushioned if agricultural engineering was given the role it truly deserves in this nation. Development of equipments to replace crude implements would draw back a lot of youths back to the farm and rural areas. Investment in research works to discover new methods to effectively store our farm produce would have reduced wastage and maximize farmers' profit. Effective development of soil and water engineering would assist in all year round irrigation for our farms. Agricultural engineering needs to be well funded as only this way can the country maximize its strength as a developing country. Let us learn from countries such as Netherlands and Brazil, Malaysia and China, even the USA to mention a few.
Nigeria needs Agricultural Engineering development NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!

Owoseni J. O.
A current masters student of agricultural & environmental engineering, FUTA.
Re: AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT: Power Required To Drive Economic Recovery by fastowas: 4:21am On Jun 06, 2016
Thanks bro
Re: AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT: Power Required To Drive Economic Recovery by fastowas: 4:23am On Jun 06, 2016
I REP FEDERAL COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AKURE. ND HOLDER IN AGRICULTURE AND BIO-ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING PLANNING TO PROCEED MY DEGREE IN UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.
Re: AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT: Power Required To Drive Economic Recovery by barackodam: 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
I was here......

(1) (Reply)

Implications Of The New 2016/2017 JAMB Admission Procedures- Grade-point System / Federal Polytechnic Auchi Admission Screening 2016/2017 Announced / Information System Management Or Information Technology Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.