Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,935 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos (28252 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Otunba Olasubomi Balogun, Founder Of FCMB / Ooni Of Ogunwusi Visits Badagry, The First Storey Building In Nigeria / Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Aurthur Eze In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by AreaFada2: 11:15am On Jun 06, 2016
tsdarkside:

what the hell do you people have with darkness sef??....darkness is good...

do you keep the lights on evn if you have electricity to sleep??...

forget what the western world told you about light....they are not even white,they are red!!!....

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Positivemind1: 11:18am On Jun 06, 2016
[qquote author=delman88 post=46321354]

that's because he is going about seeking development to ife. Instead of seating and waiting for the govt to do that for him. Others just seat and chop money[/quote]

The most sensible response of the year. Thanks for your intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Ideyontop: 11:20am On Jun 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by emmasege: 11:23am On Jun 06, 2016
This is what happens when a happening guy who enjoys clubbing and socializing is lured to the privileges of a paramount traditional stool. Ooni shouldn't have accepted that foremost traditional stool in Yoruba land when he knew he was too young to be confined to a palace. Can't he borrow a clue from the likes of the paramount ruler of Agbor kingdom who is equally young but carries and packages himself in a way that does not undermine his office.

For those arguing that the purpose of his tourism is to develop his kingdom, can't he do the same by proxy. Jumping from Tinubu to Buhari and Fashola would be needless, if he really understood the enormity of authority vested on him. But I guess, he's on personal business tourism though. He needs to lobby for contracts in the name of wooing investors for his kingdom.

God bless the lineage of late Ooni Sijuwade and Aderemi. Those were Oonis with class who made the Yoruba race proud. As for this one, he needs more tutelage on royalty. His father should do the needful, please.

If Ojaja II cannot discipline himself by giving that stool the respect it deserves, he can as well resign and go back to Tinubu's Lagos. It will be in history that he was the first Ooni to do so.
It really sucks!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by drlateeph(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2016
Left to me, this ooni of a king is way better than majority of our political office holders...steadily gathering momentum towards the development of his kingdom

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by AreaFada2: 11:35am On Jun 06, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
[b]those kings you mentioned up there are boring and sucked in the past. What's the fun in just sitting in the palace all ones lifetime [/b]when you can gallivant and see the world full of fun? That's more like being a prisoner.

Respect to the kings

You say respect the kings and you say that about other Kings? Is that not contradictory.

Most of those Kings you said sit at home were once ambassadors, army/police chief, university prof, permanent sec who had led fulfilling lives, been to almost all important places on earth, know lots of people & can call who's who on phone if they want.

Monarchy is a dignified position & not be seen to cosy up too much to politicians (neutrality) even as our constitution expects.

I doubt Fashola would refuse to go see the Ooni in his hotel or wherever he's putting up in Abj.
Kings of the calibre of Oba of Benin, Ooni, Awujale, Aalafin, Alake can send palace chiefs to any politician & they would be received as though the King went by himself.

Ooni's position is too important to be seen everywhere like that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by AreaFada2: 11:43am On Jun 06, 2016
emmasege:
This is what happens when a happening guy who enjoys clubbing and socializing is lured to the privileges of a paramount traditional stool. Ooni shouldn't have accepted that foremost traditional stool in Yoruba land when he knew he was too young to be confined to a palace. Can't he borrow a clue from the likes of the paramount ruler of Agbor kingdom who is equally young but carries and packages himself in a way that does not undermine his office.

For those arguing that the purpose of his tourism is to develop his kingdom, can't he do the same by proxy. Jumping from Tinubu to Buhari and Fashola would be needless, if he really understood the enormity of authority vested on him. But I guess, he's on personal business tourism though. He needs to lobby for contracts in the name of wooing investors for his kingdom.

God bless the lineage of late Ooni Sijuwade and Aderemi. Those were Oonis with class who made the Yoruba race proud. As for this one, he needs more tutelage on royalty. [b]His father should do the needful, please.

[/b]If Ojaja II cannot discipline himself by giving that stool the respect it deserves, he can as well resign and go back to Tinubu's Lagos. It will be in history that he was the first Ooni to do so.
It really sucks!!!

Oh, his father is still alive?? I'm shocked.

Can someone be an Oba in Africa when his dad is still alive?

Wow! I never knew that.
If any monarch should offer me a chieftaincy title today, I'd decline and ask it to be given to my dad, as additional title.

I can only succeed his titles (if applicable) when he has gone to relax. Not until then. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Btruth: 11:43am On Jun 06, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
Ooni of Ife the great tourist
Leave the King alone oooo. He's only a young king. And besides, he's doing his job as a great Yoruba leader to co-ordinate all his subjects.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by COLOURS77: 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fashola, looking very much like Tinubu, old and stricken... indeed weary lies the head that wears the crown..
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Lakeside247(m): 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
The Queen does not visit Arab Politcians but the Kings and Royals. This boy called Oni sef! Even a father will think twice before visiting his sons house
SonofDevil:

Does Queen elizabeth visiting the Arabs makes her classes.

We re the 21st century not 18th century where one oba will be forming class by sitting down doing nothing to improve his kingdom rather than to collect and milk his subjects dry.

Oni of ife traveling doesn't make any igwe or Eze in igboland be in his category.

The only monarch in igboland dat can be respected in igboland is obi of onitsha which happens to be a benin stool..according to ZIK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by truthalways(m): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
Quite disappointed with a lot of the comments above

Times have changed, this is the 21st century

Please do away with your archaic manner of reasoning

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Ooni visiting Fashola

He is making frantic efforts to develop tourism in Ife and he needs all the help he can get

Sitting in his palace and waiting for people to come and visit him won't fetch him a dime

This is the way forward

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by kunle75(m): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
princey83:
na waoh. Is it not meant to be the other way round. This Ooni should just resign and join politics.

Imagine an oba of Benin, Obi of Onitsha or Alaafin Oyo visiting every tom, dick and Harry.

That is what they call positioning,the oba stool remain but political stool is temporal,hence his moving around to fraternized with them to get their support for his people especially in the area of govt infrastructural provisions.

he is a wise guy...........after 4 yrs you will come back here and tell us the difference between him and Alafin and other oba`s
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Abukc(m): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
emmyx2010:
they were speaking yoruba

Howw do you know?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by jeje123(m): 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
tyson99:

Did he travel with your money ode
Give him knocking on his head
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by RICHBOI2(f): 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
CLASSLESS OBA! He will soon visit KASHAMU in his bedroom.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Odeyinigbin(m): 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
str8talk1:
This Yoruba Oba has no class at all.
Why not visit Fashola in his bedroom?

Thunder fire u
U re nothing but a clown
How dere u talk to a whole first class like DAT
Does he look like one of ur mumu emir or igwe?
Thunder strike u next tym if u repeat it

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by nwakibie3(m): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
I thought they said buhari ministers no get house for abuja shocked
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by daillest: 1:21pm On Jun 06, 2016
z
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Chivasex: 1:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
this man should respect this throne for once
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by stevecantrell: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2016
princey83:
na waoh. Is it not meant to be the other way round. This Ooni should just resign and join politics.

Imagine an oba of Benin, Obi of Onitsha or Alaafin Oyo visiting every tom, dick and Harry.

Sometimes i wonder if Ooni's true calling is actually politics and not the ancient stool
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by str8talk1: 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
Odeyinigbin:

Thunder fire u
U re nothing but a clown
How dere u talk to a whole first class like DAT
Does he look like one of ur mumu emir or igwe?
Thunder strike u next tym if u repeat it
An Obá dat flaunts a divorcee or let me simply put 'a fairly used wife' dont hv class at all.
Also,who says he is seeking for development of Ifè? Is dat what he told u?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by str8talk1: 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
SonofDevil:

Does Queen elizabeth visiting the Arabs makes her classless.

We re the 21st century not 18th century where one oba will be forming class by sitting down doing nothing to improve his kingdom rather than to collect and milk his subjects dry.

Oni of ife traveling doesn't make any igwe or Eze in igboland be in his category.sorry igbos don't have ancestral king or home..gringrin

The only monarch in igboland dat can be respected in igboland is obi of onitsha which happens to be a benin stool..according to ZIK.

Retards hv invaded NL!
An Obá dat flaunts a divorcee or let me simply put 'a fairly used wife' dont hv class at all.
Also,who says he is seeking for development of Ifè? Is dat what he told u? What social re-engineering has he initiated in Ifè land since he came on board?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Praktikals(m): 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
tyson99:

Did he travel with your money ode
Epic!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Bitterleafsoup: 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
SonofDevil:

Oni of ife traveling doesn't make any igwe or Eze in igboland be in his category.

The Igwe of Nnewi is the greatest and oldest linege.Others were bought or given by colonists.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Bitterleafsoup: 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2016
tsdarkside:

what the hell do you people have with darkness sef??....darkness is good...

do you keep the lights on evn if you have electricity to sleep??...

forget what the western world told you about light....they are not even white,they are red!!!....
While I sleep my refrigerator keeps my food cold, the air cools my body down in my slummber, I need electricity if you don't suit yourself....
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Kfed4ril(m): 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
SonofDevil:

Oga wetin b ur own with Igbo? Can't u just make a sentence without including Igbo in it
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by compoundd: 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2016
[size=28pt]
str8talk1:
This Yoruba Oba has no class at all.
Why not visit Fashola in his bedroom?

fashola too is a minister.?
there is not wrong in inviting people at home. ?
You ignorant, go to school because fashola can not attend to him in his office.

the story was not told corrrectly. we are the yoruba people, we are the once who know the truth.

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by tsdarkside(m): 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
While I sleep my refrigerator keeps my food cold, the air cools my body down in my slummber, I need electricity if you don't suit yourself....

i am talking about light and darkness,,,you are talking about refrigerators...

guy....gbesere ohhhhh....
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by str8talk1: 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
compoundd:
[size=28pt]

fashola too is a minister.?
there is not wrong in inviting people at home. ?
You ignorant, go to school because fashola can not attend to him in his office.

the story was not told corrrectly. we are the yoruba people, we are the once who know the truth.

[/size]

Your construction of English is cr.ap. I think u need to go to school first while I apply for my Ph.D Programme.

Duuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Ademusiwa1: 7:05am On Jun 07, 2016
SonofDevil:

Does Queen elizabeth visiting the Arabs makes her classless.

Oni of ife traveling doesn't make any igwe or Eze in igboland be in his category.sorry igbos don't have ancestral king or home..gringrin

First of all people may not like what I said. And assume I am proud. It is not so. You see. I know Nigeria Security system . and I know why there need to stop putting goat and cow as obas, emir and ezes.

I am not see the correct ppeople been put there, it affect the defense system of Nigeria.

Si I can tell you, the idea of putting goat and cow as obas, eze or emir has to stop.

You ppeople should look for old secret service agent who have retired and ask them if ademusiwa is telling lies.

The secret service when it was good. I don't know about now. Know who I am. So to put goat and cow as obas,. Not is not good. t. I don't want to go further can tell you which obas need to removed because they are not the person to become oba or emir or eze

I am in
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Visits Fashola In His Abuja Residence. Photos by Amujale(m): 2:45am On Apr 20, 2019
You cannot eat a piece of cake and expect it to still be there.
You cannot eat your cake and have the cake at the same time.

Our Royals are keeping up with our times.

God Bless Ooni. God Bless Your Highness.

Humble.

Our Ooni is humble. Is 21st century. Is here and now. What more can one ask of a 21st century Royal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi / A Brief History Of The Ikwerre People Of Rivers State. / 6 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Marriage Process In Hausa Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.