Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out (3937 Views)

How Suswam Betrayed Me – Benue Gov-elect, Dr Ortom / “I Am Too Disciplined To Stoop So Low” – Orubebe Denies Plotting To Kidnap Jega / Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by ndelta1(m): 7:47am On Aug 26, 2009
They want to kidnap me - Benue Gov cries out

John Akpodovhan, Makurdi - 26.08.2009

BENUE State governor, Mr. Gabriel Suswam, has said that some groups of criminals are planning to kidnap him and members of his family.

Governor Suswam told newsmen, on Tuesday, that he was informed of the plot by a victim abducted by an armed group after a burial in the state, at the weekend.

The criminals’ plan, the governor said the victim told him, is to break through his security network, abduct him and his family at the Government House to an unknown destination.

According to the governor, “the kidnappers told their victim that the paramount target is to kidnap me and my family members and take us away.”

Suswam, who announced he would be going on vacation, did not hide his concern about the illegal acquisition of arms by mentally-deranged individuals whose target could be anybody in the state.

“High-profile killings are assuming worrisome dimensions. I don’t know why a lecturer, who is not a politician and not seeking appointment as commissioner, will be assassinated. Tony Udu was a union leader (Chairman, Trade Union Congress), who did not have any problem with me. He was a gentleman and was killed by deranged men.”

He disclosed that recently, the police apprehended a 19-year-old boy who was well armed with an automatic weapon, a development he said portended danger to the lives and wellbeing of the people of the state.

“There are so many arms in the hands of young men in the state. A boy of 19 years was caught with an AK rifle with the magazine loaded with ammunition. Your mere looking at him will tell you the guy is not normal and if you fail to report criminals in your neighbourhood, you could be the next victim. Nobody knows who is next.”

Suswam stated that his administration was doing all within its power to step up security, disclosing that he bought Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs), which the president had given approval for, to help security operatives in the state to perform their duties better.

“I am getting worried and you remember when I took over, I had to ban the movement of Okada riders from 8.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. because the crime rate was high. None of you, during the period, could stay outside till 8.00 p.m. Security should not be left in the hands of the police alone; you should be part of that. You have to give the police information.

“The good thing about death is if they get at you, you will not be alive to know it. It is your duty to report to the police the movement of that strange face in your area. That is what the whites do and that is why there, no one gets away with his criminal activities.”

The governor said he was uncomfortable with the decision of the Inspector General of Police to withdraw police orderlies from wives of governors and asked that the decision be revisited in the face of the security threat posed by the indiscriminate acquisition of arms by criminals in the country.

It will be recalled that some suspects, who were arrested by the police in Niger State, confessed that Benue State was the major source of weapons in the northern part of the country.
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 26, 2009
“The good thing about death is if they get at you, you will not be alive to know it. It is your duty to report to the police the movement of that strange face in your area. That is what the whites do and that is why there, no one gets away with his criminal activities.”

LOL. . . most nigerians are deranged, their leaders are even worst off.

The Suswan guy is crying like a baby because he was threatened (a condition nigerian masses go through everyday) even with his high security details. The idiot just realized how the white man lives but wont put proper structures to achieve such things he admires of them.
He should stop whining, get back to work and stop using the same rogues he's accusing of being assassins to harass his opponent during elections or simply be honorable by resigning.
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by kokoA(m): 9:13am On Aug 26, 2009
This no news. Lets wait till he is kidnapped first. I bet that story will reach 30 pages on Nairaland. grin
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by MrCrackles(m): 9:14am On Aug 26, 2009
Topic
I laugh in Boko Haram. . .
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Eagle1(m): 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2009
Suswam, who announced he would be going on vacation,

When will this guys ever be serious?
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by otukpo(f): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2009
If i were to be in the biz of kidnapping, i will kidnap only the politicians and their family members. They are the ones enjoying what rightly belong to all of us and impoverishing us.

Suswan shldnt be afraid, the kidnappers wld only ask for their own share of the loot he has been enjoying. chikena
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2009
Good news, at least now politicians will know they aren't safe no more. . . Come to think of it o, kidnapping is being more lucrative by the day! I berra get maself some AK!!! grin cheesy Na OBJ, Yaradua and Babangida I wan kidnap! cheesy grin Then I'll be Nigeria's Hero!!! grin grin grin
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Utaroz(m): 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2009
“The good thing about death is if they get at you, you will not be alive to know "

undecided This chap is supposed to be the Chief Security Officer for the State, right? embarassed cry
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Nezan(m): 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2009
I thought politicians were the sources of those arms as election rigging materials undecided
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Elgaxton(m): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2009
Time for some politicians to have a lil taste ha? cheesy
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by redsun(m): 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2009
I wish they kidnap him and cut off his KINI,dickhead.
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 26, 2009
^abi.
I hope they kidnap him and lock him up in an hell hole for the period he is being held hostage. Look at how scared he is! Why is it that our long-throat politicians hardly ever or never do anything to help Nigerians unless their personal wellbeing is threatened?
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by jamifa(m): 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2009
Well, I hope he doesnt get kidnapped. First cos it will send a wrong message about the state (which I happend to come from too) & Nigeria too.
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by eShegz(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2009
If the Chief Security Officer of a State is credited with this statement for real, then we need more than prayers in the country!!!
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Azera(f): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2009
That story of his is just a sham,he is bemoaning d fact dt his wife's security was withdrawn, simple.after al,aren't they the major source of arms influx to d state.he hasnt stated wat d real issue is, i can bet its not d kidnappers scaring him,it just maybe sumtin political.
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by danexd(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2009
Suswan is a nice man personally, but come to think of it, if he's kidnaped who will pay the ransom, but if dooshima is kidnaped, he'll be there to sign the cheques, i think there is a political tune to his crying out, upan de ver
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by greateliso(m): 2:38pm On Aug 26, 2009
this kidnapping of a thing is becoming rampage, the government should act fast before it become a full time profession (Kidnapping  Nig. Ltd).

Lets all Pray for Nigeria (our country)

GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT NATION!
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by otukpo(f): 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2009
jassie:

Good news, at least now politicians will know they aren't safe no more. . . Come to think of it o, kidnapping is being more lucrative by the day! I berra get maself some AK!!! grin cheesy Na OBJ, Yaradua and Babangida I wan kidnap! cheesy grin Then I'll be Nigeria's Hero!!! grin grin grin

if only u can do that
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Donvilo(m): 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
In as much as I fear the rate at which kidnapping is rising, the guv'nor is only alerting for his own security whereas many of nigerian citizens are been kidnapped everyday! angry
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by markemmi(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2009
otukpo:

if only u can do that

why not as for me i go kidnapp 5 at a time. and to be honest it can be easy. i just need very powerful maCHINE GUN
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Witi(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2009
jassie:

Job seekers should look into this kidnaping biz I think it is very lucrative. Early this month some Nigerian graduates presently employed as kidnappers, Kidnapped 2 chairman and their wives in Kogi-State under 6 days they went home with 80 Million Naira!!!!
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by MUZBO(m): 5:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
If only they can keep their kidnappings strictly on politicians and leave our actors and lecturers out of the fray, I'd be ok with it. At least it will force the govt to take security seriously.
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
jassie:

grin grin grin
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by rasputinn(m): 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
[size=14pt] grin grin grin grin
Gabriel Suswam is just a chicken governor who deserves to be laughed to scorn for showing palpable panic just because he heard tell he was going to be kidnapped
For Pete's sake,I thought he was the GOVERNOR
[/size]
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is what happens when you continue to embezzle state funds, meant for health, accommodation, education and security

so get bloody kidnapped already, if they cannot get the benefits of democracy legally, then by jove , they will get it any other way.

Prepare for more kidnappings, abi no be una dey show off wetin un atif.
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by oge4real(f): 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2009
Panick Governor! tongue tongue
Maybe now, they will take this Kidnap issue very serious.
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by vikiviko(m): 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2009
If a Governor can be crying for kidnappers i wonder what common man will cry of.

I thought he has detailed security operatives at his disposable.

If dem catch you Suswan your belle go come down
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by JAZES(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2009
LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Yeye man,
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by chrisical(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2009
The reward of embezzlement ad misappropriation of public funds.Anu ofia. grin grin
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2009
otukpo:

if only u can do that
Just wait till I get ma AK 47!

Witi:

Job seekers should look into this kidnaping biz I think it is very lucrative. Early this month some Nigerian graduates presently employed as kidnappers, Kidnapped 2 chairman and their wives in Kogi-State under 6 days they went home with 80 Million Naira!!!!
Na so mehn! That one sef pass Etisalat money wey banky w dey shout! grin

Omo I wan form kidnapping squad o! Anybody care to join? hahaha grin
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by pcicero(m): 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2009
cheap publicity stunt
Re: They Want To Kidnap Me - Benue State Governor Cries Out by otokx(m): 12:14am On Aug 27, 2009
Like CECILIA, i used to hold this SUSWAM in high esteem but now i know he is nothing more than a cheap criminal. All these our politicians who are stealing our money, one day is one day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bapapupa Salutes Ben Akabueze:: Best Budget Planner In The Land. / Gov Uduhagan To Take Ogboru To The Tribunals : / Prof. Tam David West Analysis On Fuel Subsidy; This Is Revealing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.