Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" (2884 Views)

6 Reasons Your Website Is Not Generating Traffic And How To Fix Them / 16 Reasons Why Your Website Is So Slow / Help: "The Site Ahead Contains Harmful Programs" By Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by gbengs247: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2016
Hello House,

I have a website that runs BULK SMS SERVICE.
I was trying to access the website on a computer two days ago, and i saw a message that says "Deceptive site ahead".
I have also noticed that google can no longer index the website.
Please find below the image i got when i tried accessing the website.
I am presently thinking HOST issues or HACKERS are working on it.
PLEASE HELP SAVE MY WEBSITE!!!

Thank You.

1 Share

Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by yomalex(m): 11:24am On Jun 06, 2016
Your servers might have been used to send malware, spam probably was hacked. What's the history of your domain? Check this justincron.com/deceptive-site-ahead-google-error-message/ Gbengs247
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by yusufabayomio(m): 12:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
You web server has been used to host phishing content. I suggest you contact your hosting company
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by gbengs247: 2:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
yusufabayomio:
You web server has been used to host phishing content. I suggest you contact your hosting company
I am subscribed to a shared hosting service i think. of which i dont even know the hosting company.
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by yusufabayomio(m): 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
Did you develop the site yourself? If no, you should call the developer. The hosting company will be of great help to you on this issue
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by yusufabayomio(m): 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2016
I did a domain lookup for you.

Your site was hosted by "globalwebhost.com.ng".

Are you familiar with them? I tried going to their website and it also gave the same message yours is giving.

I guess the host company itself has an issue.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by gbengs247: 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2016
yusufabayomio:
I did a domain lookup for you.

Your site was hosted by "globalwebhost.com.ng".

Are you familiar with them? I tried going to their website and it also gave the same message yours is giving.

I guess the host company itself has an issue.
Thanks.
But is it possible to do a lookup without the domain?
Because i am surprised you are able to check the host info without having the domain name.
I have checked out the hosting site too, its saying the same thing.
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by gbengs247: 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
yusufabayomio:
Did you develop the site yourself? If no, you should call the developer. The hosting company will be of great help to you on this issue
I did not. i am using a template of the reseller .
You know how those Bulksms re-sellers operate. They get a shared hosting service where they host for other people.
I have been trying to contact the person that sold the package to me, but he has remain incommunicado.
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by seoconsultant(m): 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2016
sorry I cam late for the party smiley
but here are other options to look at
https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/safebrowsing/diagnostic/index.html
and
https://www.google.com/webmasters/hacked/

Most evidently your host will be the right person to post this issue to, 2ndly some one have shared a spam ware using same IP as you (could be another domain on your IP since you are sharing server).
Does two url should help you know what is going on and use them to back your complain to your host.
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by yusufabayomio(m): 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2016
I saw your domain name from the picture you posted

gbengs247:

Thanks.
But is it possible to do a lookup without the domain?
Because i am surprised you are able to check the host info without having the domain name.
I have checked out the hosting site too, its saying the same thing.
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by VocalWalls: 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
Your hosting company is ruining your business... Flee from cheap hosting! Una no dey hear word.
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by ndizzy(m): 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2016
you can do a domain lookup using a concept called 'whois'. whois tells you the owner of d site n were it was registered which might not be where your hosting is coming from...

try www.ping.eu
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by yusufabayomio(m): 9:17am On Jun 07, 2016
I was about saying this. But not as cruel as you have said it ... lol.

So many developers with offer of designing a website for 10k, 15k etc. When they are unavailable when you need them for support or update.

To cheap things most times never last

VocalWalls:
Your hosting company is ruining your business... Flee from cheap hosting! Una no dey hear word.
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by bedfordng(m): 12:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
gbengs247:
Hello House,

I have a website that runs BULK SMS SERVICE.
I was trying to access the website on a computer two days ago, and i saw a message that says "Deceptive site ahead".
I have also noticed that google can no longer index the website.
Please find below the image i got when i tried accessing the website.
I am presently thinking HOST issues or HACKERS are working on it.
PLEASE HELP SAVE MY WEBSITE!!!

Thank You.
it could probably be the template or some malicious codes, plugins, extensions etc on your website. Try change the template and see how it goes
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by gbengs247: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
Thank you all for your suggestions.
I think i know where the problem is coming from.
I was able to find 3 people who are under the same re-seller, and i found out that their sites are giving the same message. i also looked at the site of my re-seller and i noticed the message on his site. Then i do a lookup of my domain name to know my host, and i also noticed their own site is also affected.
so i have now concluded that the problem is from my host.
Please i would want to know the damage this could cause the prospective visitors of the affected websites.
Thank you.
Re: Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" by seoconsultant(m): 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
CONTACT them to give you your files...backed up and relocate. It may take a longer time for them to rectify the issue, as this as to do from your host provider (not the reseller who sold the server to you).
I will suggest you request for your backup or you log into your cpanel (if you can) and do a backup of your files and move on. This are the issues one face when dealing with shared host...if an IP is blocked or have issues the other websites sharing that same IP will be in trouble.
Unlike dedicated servers or VPS where you don't share and if an IP is blocked you can change or switch to another without issues.
I had similar case when I was on a shared server, and my host was actually laid off by their provider "OVH" because one of my host customer had uploaded a malware on the server.
My Ip was not affected but everyone using the malware hosted site was...and it got OVH to terminate contract with them, which lead to everyone relocating.
my host took 2month to relocate everyone of us to new platform...I had to use VPS because with that I have more control over my files.

gbengs247:
Thank you all for your suggestions.
I think i know where the problem is coming from.
I was able to find 3 people who are under the same re-seller, and i found out that their sites are giving the same message. i also looked at the site of my re-seller and i noticed the message on his site. Then i do a lookup of my domain name to know my host, and i also noticed their own site is also affected.
so i have now concluded that the problem is from my host.
Please i would want to know the damage this could cause the prospective visitors of the affected websites.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Who Pays For HACKED Website; Owner Or Webmaster? / Yandex Invalid Contact Error. help!!! / Guidelines To Blogging Every Blogger Should Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.