Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 (2086 Views)

Breaking News :U.S. Airstrikes Hit ISIS Targets Inside Syria / Breaking News!! U.S Congress Approves Strike On Syria!! / BREAKING NEWS: U.S Amb To Libya Killed During Attack On Embassy In L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by eyonigger(m): 9:22am On Aug 26, 2009
[b]BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and news services
updated 4:07 a.m. ET Aug. 26, 2009

HYANNIS PORT, Massachusetts - Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, the liberal lion of the Senate who lost two of his brothers to assassins' bullets, has died after battling a brain tumor. He was 77.

For nearly a half-century in the Senate, Kennedy was a steadfast champion of the working class and the poor, a powerful voice on health care, civil rights, and war and peace. To the American public, though, he was best known as the last surviving son of America's most glamorous political family, the eulogist of a clan shattered again and again by tragedy.

His family announced his death in a brief statement released early Wednesday.

"We've lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism, and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever," the statement said. "We thank everyone who gave him care and support over this last year, and everyone who stood with him for so many years in his tireless march for progress toward justice, fairness and opportunity for all."

Long-serving senator
Kennedy was elected to the Senate in 1962, when his brother John was president, and served longer than all but two senators in history. Over the decades, he put his imprint on every major piece of social legislation to clear the Congress.

His own hopes of reaching the White House were damaged — perhaps doomed — in 1969 by the scandal that came to be known as Chappaquiddick, an auto accident that left a young woman dead.

Kennedy — known to family, friends and foes simply as Ted — ended his quest for the presidency in 1980 with a stirring valedictory that echoed across the decades: "For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dream shall never die."

The third-longest-serving senator in U.S. history, Kennedy was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor in May 2008 and underwent surgery and a grueling regimen of radiation and chemotherapy.

His death late Tuesday comes just weeks after that of his sister Eunice Kennedy Shriver on Aug. 11.

Nancy Reagan: He was an ‘ally and a dear friend’
Former first lady Nancy Reagan said she was "terribly saddened" by the news of Kennedy’s death.

The widow of Republican President Ronald Reagan said in a statement early Wednesday that despite the differences between her husband and Kennedy, the two "could always find common ground, and they had great respect for one another."

She noted that in recent years, she and the senator were united in their support for stem cell research — a position that put her at odds with some in the GOP.

She said she considered the late senator "an ally and a dear friend."

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid said early Wednesday that both the Kennedy family and the Senate have "lost our patriarch."

Reid promised that Congress, while mourning Kennedy's loss, would renew the push for the cause of Kennedy's life, health care reform.

"Ted Kennedy's dream was the one for which the founding fathers fought and for which his brothers sought to realize," Reid said in a statement. "The liberal lion's mighty roar may now fall silent, but his dream shall never die."

Click for related content
Discuss Ted Kennedy's life, legacy on Newsvine
Timeline: Ted Kennedy, over the decades
The Kennedys: Portrait of an American dynasty
Kennedy: Legendary orator, link to history

Surprise blessing
In a recent interview with The Associated Press, Kennedy's son, Rhode Island Democratic congressman Patrick Kennedy, said his father had defied the predictions of doctors by surviving more than a year with his fight against brain cancer.

The younger Kennedy said that gave family members a surprise blessing, as they were able to spend more time with the senator and to tell him how much he had meant to their lives.

The younger Kennedy said his father's legacy was built largely in the Senate.

"He has authored more pieces of major legislation than any other United States senator," Patrick Kennedy said in the interview. "He is the penultimate senator. I don't need to exaggerate when I talk about my father. That's the amazing thing. He breaks all the records himself." [/b]
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by JeSoul(f): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2009
As soon as I heard the news I went over to the local boston boards to see what people were saying and I guessed right . . . more than 70% of comments were either removed or blocked.

Anyone's passing is sad, esp when they have family. But Ted Kennedy has done so many wrongs in his time in the senate, his involvement in the death of a young woman decades ago he never faced justice for, he has abused his power and the law. . . I could go on . . . so I would be lying if I said I was sad to see him go. Sorry  undecided
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by sesman(m): 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2009
JeSoul:

As soon as I heard the news I went over to the local boston boards to see what people were saying and I guessed right . . . more than 70% of comments were either removed or blocked.

Anyone's passing is sad, esp when they have family. But Ted Kennedy has done so many wrongs in his time in the senate, his involvement in the death of a young woman decades ago he never faced justice for, he has abused his power and the law. . . I could go on . . . so I would be lying if I said I was sad to see him go. Sorry undecided

I know we shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but what he did to Mary Jo Kopechnie was shocking, She drowned in his car as he sought help from his family and authorities to cover up his crime rather than calling for help. His shocking cowardice and selfishness is how he should be remembered, as it reflects on his life-long career which was marked by a disregard for all human life except his own.

His passing is an opportunity to remember Mary Jo Kopechnie
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by naliakar: 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
sesman:

I know we shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but what he did to Mary Jo Kopechnie was shocking, She drowned in his car as he sought help from his family and authorities to cover up his crime rather than calling for help. His shocking cowardice and selfishness is how he should be remembered, as it reflects on his life-long career which was marked by a disregard for all human life except his own.

His passing is an opportunity to remember Mary Jo Kopechnie

No life, however well lived and admired, is without blemishes. Kennedy's life is no exception to this truth. But these should hardly be the focus when one passes on unless, of course, the idea of "flogging a dead horse" resounds not. There are many things to say about the great legacy of the Kennedys ( in plural) and their altruism that need not be eclipsed by unfortunate incidentals such as you allude to.

Now more than ever is the time to push through and pass the health care reform (with audible public option) as a tribute to his lifelong love for and service to the less endowed in America.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by JeSoul(f): 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2009
Naliakar my cambridge liberal dude, wassup boy?  smiley

naliakar:

No life, however well lived and admired, is without blemishes. Kennedy's life is no exception to this truth. But these should hardly be the focus when one passes on unless, of course, the idea of "flogging a dead horse" resounds not. There are many things to say about the great legacy of the Kennedys ( in plural) and their altruism that need not be eclipsed by unfortunate incidentals such as you allude to.

Now more than ever is the time to push through and pass the health care reform (with audible public option) as a tribute to his lifelong love for and service to the less endowed in America.

You're right no one is perfect, but I believe if we commit an offense we should own up to it & pay for it. If it were just his politics I would be quiet but Sesman is right. Kennedy left a young woman to drown to death while he ran off to hide behind his lawyer and family name - an inexcusable offense that to me is the most prominent mark on his life & will follow him beyond the grave.

One person said now he will be face to face with Mary Jo and God and explain why them left her to die, while the media and america's political elite fawn over his 'legacy'.

And as a final act of shameless hypocrisy what is worse than he requesting Beacon hill to overturn the very same Law he helped pass to ensure Romney wouldn't install a republican senator, but now he wants the law changed so Deval 'cadillac' Patrick can replace him with a Democrat. This brazen, outright, shameless hypocrisy is characteristic of not just him but lawmakers in Massachu and DC.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by naliakar: 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2009
JeSoul:

Naliakar my cambridge liberal dude, wassup boy?  smiley

You're right no one is perfect, but I believe if we commit an offense we should own up to it & pay for it. If it were just his politics I would be quiet but Sesman is right. Kennedy left a young woman to drown to death while he ran off to hide behind his lawyer and family name - an inexcusable offense that to me is the most prominent mark on his life & will follow him beyond the grave.

One person said now he will be face to face with Mary Jo and God and explain why them left her to die, while the media and america's political elite fawn over his 'legacy.

Je Soul
I am good. Commuting to and from Brandeis this Fall.

It was despicable but if nothing punitive and/or retributive could be done in his life time, it would be pointless bringing it up now. For God,s sake he may be standing face to face with his comeuppance even if spiritually.

On the last point you are right and I second your sentiments about the motive for tempering with the law to outwit Romney. But you do know that The governor (Deval) and the Lt Governor (Murray) are not bound by that law if my interpretation is correct. It could be overruled although I am saying this with less certainty than I should.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by RichyBlacK(m): 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2009
Ted Kennedy was a GREAT MAN in the truest sense of the word!

May the lion's soul rest in peace. Amen. sad
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by RichyBlacK(m): 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2009
What does one expect from the Republican horde?

Recalling a singular event, an accident made a media frenzy because of some panic-driven mistakes by the survivor, that occurred decades ago in a bid to tarnish the image of a LIBERAL HERO by the hypocritical right, is shameless, foolish, insensitive, idiotic and goes against all the teachings in the Holy Books they claim to read!

My wish is that the passing of THE GREATEST SENATOR OF OUR TIME will galvanize the Democrats, including those wimpy f$%ktards called Blue Dog Democrats, to come together and crush the Republican opposition to passing a health care bill that guarantees health care for all!

Obama MUST NOT compromise with those children of Lucifer called Republicans! No compromise! If any of them is touched by the god they always claim to worship and who they claim is LOVE, they can come over and vote with the progressives on this health care issue. However, Obama MUST go to ANY and ALL extents to push this most important of bills!
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by JeSoul(f): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Recalling a singular event, an accident made a media frenzy because of some panic-driven mistakes by the survivor, that occurred decades ago in a bid to tarnish the image of a LIBERAL HERO by the hypocritical right, is shameless, foolish, insensitive, unfortunate and goes against all the teachings in the Holy Books they claim to read!

My wish is that the passing of THE GREATEST SENATOR OF OUR TIME will galvanize the Democrats, including those wimpy f$%ktards called Blue Dog Democrats, to come together and crush the Republican opposition to passing a health care bill that guarantees health care for all!

Obama MUST NOT compromise with those children of Lucifer called Republicans! No compromise! If any of them is touched by the god they always claim to worship and who they claim is LOVE, they can come over and vote with the progressives on this health care issue. However, Obama MUST go to ANY and ALL extents to push this most important of bills!

It is quite impressive how you can demonize, insult, disparage and declare irrelevant those choosing to not indulge in the current media worship of the kennedy's. I know you're smart and can articulate yourself much better than the above. Bringing up Mary jo's death is "insensitive"? right, tell that to her family.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by JeSoul(f): 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2009
naliakar:

Je Soul
I am good. Commuting to and from Brandeis this Fall.

How long of a commute is it for you? I've done the 1:15 to and from watertown on the Pike for 2 whole years . . . I don't miss it! What are you studying?

It was despicable but if nothing punitive and/or retributive could be done in his life time, it would be pointless bringing it up now. For God,s sake he may be standing face to face with his comeuppance even if spiritually.
Yeah I know not much can be done about it now, his fate is in the hands of God to whom he will give account.

On the last point you are right and I second your sentiments about the motive for tempering with the law to outwit Romney. But you do know that The governor (Deval) and the Lt Governor (Murray) are not bound by that law if my interpretation is correct. It could be overruled although I am saying this with less certainty than I should.
You my dear are living proof Liberals of sense and honesty and sincerity exist. I so much appreciate when people can recognize a wrong and not be blinded by party loyalty. It remains to be seen what city hall will do, and I hope its the right thing.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by olabowale(m): 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2009
am learning alot about forgiveness in christianity by this thread and other things I see and read about how hard is it for the christians to let go of anger bore out of sentimentality of wrongs. in Islam however, when a person dies on good sounding faith, we leave his/her fate to Allah Whose Decision matters and tries to hope good for that person, for we do not wish anyone to enter Hellfire.

Many if not all muslims were sad when Hussaine was hung. However, we prayed for his soul, at least I prayed since he calmly walked to the noose, and began saying the Kalimat Laa ilaha ilallah and died with thaton his tongue, after he had said the daarush on the prophet: Allahumma salli ala sayyidina Muhammad wa alla ale sayyidina Muhammad (AS)!

Allah forgives all sins except the addition or ignoring Him as your Lord God Creator.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by JeSoul(f): 8:29pm On Aug 26, 2009
Alhaji sir,

you are confusing 'forgiveness' with 'justice'. God in heaven will give each one of us what is due - I have no doubt about that.

Ted K. owes I nor anyone else outside of the family anything and there is no 'forgiveness' in our hands to extend to him. It's between him and her family. Imagine for a moment Mary jo was your daughter, I am certain you will feel very differently on the matter. That he never assumed responsibility for that incident is all the evidence I need as to the kind of man he is and the quality of his character.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by naliakar: 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2009
JeSoul:

How long of a commute is it for you? I've done the 1:15 to and from watertown on the Pike for 2 whole years . . . I don't miss it!

Let us say just for Fall 2009 and Spring 2010 then back to Naija. The Fitchburg train is easier for me to and from Potter Square then into the sub. Tedious still. What am I studying That is an easy one oo. You want my nemesis in Nairaland to outfox me?? NO NO. Let us just say, what I am studying will be good for Naija

JeSoul:

It is quite impressive how you can demonize, insult, disparage and declare irrelevant those choosing to not indulge in the current media worship of the kennedy's. I know you're smart and can articulate yourself much better than the above. Bringing up Mary jo's death is "insensitive"? right, tell that to her family.

What goes around comes around.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by SeanT21(f): 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2009
RIP!!
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by RichyBlacK(m): 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
JeSoul:

You too a smart enough to realize that the July 1969 Chappaquiddick incident was an accident:
The medical examiner, Dr Donald Mills, was satisfied that the cause of death was accidental drowning. He signed a death certificate to that effect and released Kopechne's body to her family without ordering an autopsy.--W

So, why bring up that issue?

1. Are you speculating that he murdered her?
2. Are you doubting that it was an accident?
3. Are you claiming he had no remorse for her death?
4. OR are you toeing the line of Republican fear-mongering and baseless conspiracy?
5. What is your reason for bringing up that 40-year old incident?

@JeSoul,
I respect your views and do not mean to put you down in any way, however, I truly hate Republican-style denigration, especially when a LIBERAL STAR goes out.

May the angels provide sweet heavenly music as Uncle Ted sleeps soundly in the bosom of Jehovah Elohim. Amen.

We'll miss you Uncle Ted, but we'll never stop fighting the good fight!!!
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by naliakar: 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Recalling a singular event, an accident made a media frenzy because of some panic-driven mistakes by the survivor, that occurred decades ago in a bid to tarnish the image of a LIBERAL HERO by the hypocritical right, is shameless, foolish, insensitive, unfortunate and goes against all the teachings in the Holy Books they claim to read!

Your sentiments are valid but only just. Yes Health reform has to pass if only to acknowledge his lifelong passion for the underprivileged. I dont think the GOP is in any position to stop this train. As for the late,  "So mix'd in him, that Nature might stand up. And say to all the world, “This was a man!” William Shakespeare.Cæsar. Act iv. Sc. 3. ,  (1564-1616)  
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by TayoD1(m): 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
@naliakar,

Do you think he will be held accountable, albeit spiritually, for the many innocent babies that were slaughtered in the name of reproductive health that he also championed as a liberal?
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 26, 2009
May he RIP
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by naliakar: 2:27am On Aug 27, 2009
Tayo-D:

@naliakar,
Do you think he will be held accountable, albeit spiritually, for the many innocent babies that were slaughtered in the name of reproductive health that he also championed as a liberal?

Tayo

As a leading advocate of sexual and reproductive health. Kennedy should be lauded for helping expand choices in  reproductive health. You know you are lying through your teeth by accusing him of such macabre.  Conversely, this thread could do with humorous paranoia so lets keep on the act. How are the twin cities treating you?
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by Nobody: 2:30am On Aug 27, 2009
the guy singlehandedly introduced the US Visa lottery program.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by preselect(m): 4:43am On Aug 27, 2009
teddy was a hero. he was not perfect. nobody is. he did a lot of things that were wrong . . . that's why he is human.

the young lady that died in his car was an accident(unlike the over I00,000 people who died in irak which was not an accident but a stupid invasion fuelled by greed from the republicans), he messed up, he was panicky and took the wrong decisions with fatal, debatably unforgiveable conseguences. he was in a f-cked up situation and his family came to the rescue. too bad. but that was 40yrs ago, get over it

finally, most of the nincompoops saying rubbish about him today in this thread should realise that kennedy was part of the struggle in the United States Senate in the 60s that helped push immigration reform which enabled the nincompoops in this thread to come to the US to make noise.
apart from that, He was also a strong voice in the senate for civil rights which enabled blacks, even blacks with nigerian names to have a say in the US . . . . . a move opposed vehemently by the republican party at that time . . .and even now undecided

while we may talk about his downside, let us not ignore his good side . . and as jesus would say . . . ''he who is without sin, should cast the first stone''

now i dont think conservative haters will cast any stone here.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by AloyEmeka6: 5:04am On Aug 27, 2009
Tayo-D:

@naliakar,

Do you think George Bush will be held accountable for the many innocent women and children murdered in Iraq in the name of war on terror?
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by Ibime(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2009
pres-elect:

finally, most of the nincompoops saying rubbish about him today in this thread should realise that kennedy was part of the struggle in the United States Senate in the 60s that helped push immigration reform which enabled the nincompoops in this thread to come to the US to make noise.

Without people like Ted Kennedy, Tayo-D would be nothing but a two-bob nigger whose life would be at the mercy of the feelings of his white benefactors. . . . and anytime they change their mind, they can give him the Emmet Till treatment.

Tayo-D is a despicable waste of human seminal fluid who had the ill-fortune to collide with an egg.

As for Je-Soul, she is not a total waste. We can still put her to work in the bedroom or kitchen! cool
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by JeSoul(f): 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2009
Well you fellas are right in that I shouldn't have singled out only his faults without also praising him for the many good things he did. You're right he was instrumental in the passing of many good laws we have today.

As for this:
Ibime:

As for Je-Soul, she is not a total waste. We can still put her to work in the bedroom or kitchen! cool
  I'm not sure whether to laugh or take offense.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by JeSoul(f): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2009
naliakar:

Let us say just for Fall 2009 and Spring 2010 then back to Naija.
wow really? that's cool. Unlike people like me who've permanently pitched their tents here lol

The Fitchburg train is easier for me to and from Potter Square then into the sub. Tedious still. What am I studying That is an easy one oo. You want my nemesis in Nairaland to outfox me?? NO NO. Let us just say, what I am studying will be good for Naija
Nemesis ke? Name the person so I can have a word with him/her.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by JeSoul(f): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2009
RichyBlacK:

You too a smart enough to realize that the July 1969 Chappaquiddick incident was an accident:
The medical examiner, Dr Donald Mills, was satisfied that the cause of death was accidental drowning. He signed a death certificate to that effect and released Kopechne's body to her family without ordering an autopsy.--W

So, why bring up that issue?

1. Are you speculating that he murdered her?
2. Are you doubting that it was an accident?
3. Are you claiming he had no remorse for her death?
4. OR are you toeing the line of Republican fear-mongering and baseless conspiracy?
5. What is your reason for bringing up that 40-year old incident?

Richy I have no ulterior motives or conspiracy theories. I simply said his actions of that day and never taking responsibility for her death forever indicated to me the kind of man he is. Simple. What does this have to do with "republicans vs democrats"? I don't get why you always seem to make everything a party issue.

and declare anyone with a non-leftist view republican. I am a registered independent (about to move to NH where my vote would actually matter) who voted to legalize marijuana, is pro-life but doesn't believe the govt should force women to keep their babies, was against the Iraq war - and still is, watches CNN religiously and who thinks Senator Claire McCaskill & John McCain are honest democrats.

So as a word to all leave the republican and democrat labels at the door, and don't presume to know the moral compass and fundamental ideologies of whom you are debating with. This is the problem America as a whole is having throughout this entire debate - everyone stubbornly thinks their ideas/beliefs are the right ones. When the last time I checked it was only God who truly knows everything.

@JeSoul,
I respect your views and do not mean to put you down in any way, however, I truly hate Republican-style denigration, especially when a LIBERAL STAR goes out.

May the angels provide sweet heavenly music as Uncle Ted sleeps soundly in the bosom of Jehovah Elohim. Amen.

We'll miss you Uncle Ted, but we'll never stop fighting the good fight!!!

And you are entitled to feel this way about him Richy! you certainly are, just like I'm entitled to feel otherwise and not be so brazen enough to declare my feelings the "right" one/reaction. When you look at someone who doesn't feel as you do and declare them "children of lucifer" what does that say about you?
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by TayoD1(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2009
@naliakar,

As a leading advocate of sexual and reproductive health. Kennedy should be lauded for helping expand choices in reproductive health. You know you are lying through your teeth by accusing him of such macabre. Conversely, this thread could do with humorous paranoia so lets keep on the act. How are the twin cities treating you?
What are the consequences of the so called reproductive health you are talking about? It is the mass-killing of innocent babies. Do you think Kennedy should be held accountable for the consequences of his action or should we only judge the good intentions?

@pres-elect,

the young lady that died in his car was an accident(unlike the over I00,000 people who died in irak which was not an accident but a stupid invasion fuelled by greed from the republicans), he messed up, he was panicky and took the wrong decisions with fatal, debatably unforgiveable conseguences. he was in a f-cked up situation and his family came to the rescue. too bad. but that was 40yrs ago, get over it
What about the millions of babies that have been killed through his support of the so-called reproductive health? Do you think those deaths were by accident too? Or should we ignore the consequences of that action too?

@Aloy-Emeka,

Do you think George Bush will be held accountable for the many innocent women and children murdered in Iraq in the name of war on terror?
Absolutely! Next question!
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by bawomolo(m): 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2009
why should Ted take responsibility for her death?
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by TayoD1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Ibime,

Without people like Ted Kennedy, Tayo-D would be nothing but a two-bob nigger whose life would be at the mercy of the feelings of his white benefactors. . . . and anytime they change their mind, they can give him the Emmet Till treatment.

Tayo-D is a despicable waste of human seminal fluid who had the ill-fortune to collide with an egg.

As for Je-Soul, she is not a total waste. We can still put her to work in the bedroom or kitchen!
Who let you out of the asylum and forgot to give you your meds? Or are you still waiting in line for the NHS to determine if you are worthy of the $5 meds it takes to give you some lucid moments of sanity?
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by TayoD1(m): 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
@pres-elect,

apart from that, He was also a strong voice in the senate for civil rights which enabled blacks, even blacks with nigerian names to have a say in the US . . . . . a[b] move opposed vehemently by the republican party at that time[/b] . . .and even now
You know this is an outright lie. I have often ignored this accusatin that you've made on nairalanad several times. You might want to go back and study your history, thereby correcting yourself. Spewing Leftists propaganda on the www does not make it true.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by bawomolo(m): 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2009
lots of southern democrats moved to the Republican party as a sign of opposition to the civil rights bill.
Re: Breaking News: U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy Dies At 77 by TayoD1(m): 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2009
@bawomolo,

lots of southern democrats moved to the Republican party as a sign of opposition to the civil rights bill.
But this was after the Bill was passed. There definitely was more to why they moved than the Bill. If they moved because of the Bill, it'll be to cement thir position with the DNC.  Afteral, far more percentage of the Republicans in the House and Senate voted for the Bill.  On the other hand, far more percentage of Democrats in the House and Senate voted against the Bill.  This is a fact.

By the way, you think pres-elect's assertion is correct?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Actress Caught Romping With Boy Young Enough To Be Her Son [PHOTOS] / Russia Officially Announces Annexation Of Four Provinces In Ukraine / US Airforce Unveils S-400 Missile Killers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.