Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles (5824 Views)

Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Dereformer(m): 10:13am On Aug 26, 2009
I have gone through some of the synoptic Gospels and found out that each time Jesus performs a miracle of healing, He charges the person not to tell anyone. I searched hard to find if there is any where Jesus advertised His miracles but did not find. So is it right to advertise miracles as we see it today. Pls only genuine Christians should respond. Thanks.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 26, 2009
Those who advertise miracles have all been confirmed to be false prophets and con men out to make a quick buck. Prominent amongst them is a world renowned con man and crook popularly called pastor chris.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by ukotmi: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2009
Dereformer:

I have gone through some of the synoptic Gospels and found out that each time Jesus performs a miracle of healing, He charges the person not to tell anyone. I searched hard to find if there is any where Jesus advertised His miracles but did not find. So is it right to advertise miracles as we see it today. Pls only genuine Christians should respond. Thanks.

Go back and read through the synoptic Gospels again. Then come and post.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by 702: 11:33am On Aug 26, 2009
Jesus's coming down here main aim was to talk about God's Kingdom not to perform miracles which was even of secondary importance to his work here. The reason he performed the miracles was just cuz he was really moved,
All these churches forming/advertisin' thses so called miracles surely av their reward in full!!! wink
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by cloud7: 11:38am On Aug 26, 2009
Real Miracles advertise themselves,Those that advertise miracles is subtly and indirectly advertising their church.
The Raw Materials for Miracles can be found in LUTH,UNTH,IGBOBI,General Hospitals,Private Hospitals to mention but few. Let them go there and Heal the sick and set the captives free. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by r231(m): 11:41am On Aug 26, 2009
cloud7:

Real Miracles advertise themselves,Those that advertise miracles is subtly and indirectly advertising their church.
The Raw Materials for Miracles can be found in LUTH,UNTH,IGBOBI,General Hospitals,Private Hospitals to mention but few. Let them go there and Heal the sick and set the captives free. grin grin grin

True
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by chidyke77(m): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2009
Jagoon:

Those who advertise miracles have all been confirmed to be false prophets and con men out to make a quick buck. Prominent amongst them is a world renowned con man and crook popularly called pastor chris.
Ur quite right wt ur answer but wtout mentioning names,they are many. its only few that dont do it bt majority are doing that which is for their selfish interest.are sure that they really performed those miracles? i doubt or may be voodoo.
Any pastor that advertise for miracles is a fake one simple.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Epi: 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2009
@poster

first thing first, there is a difference between bible miracles and modern day imposters.

ooop sorry! did i say good morning. my bad, Good morning to you and all
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by chidyke77(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
Epi:

@poster

first thing first, there is a difference between bible miracles and modern day imposters.

ooop sorry! did i say good morning. my bad, Good morning to you and all
ok,can u tell us the difference cos we wnt to know?
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Nezan(m): 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
Most pastors today forget that evangelisation is suppose to be the main focus of their calling. By advertising miracles, they have already received their reward here on earth in full.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by JobMogul(f): 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2009
Well but the Bible also says that the we (Christians) confound the devil by the words of our mouth and our testimonies. Forgive me but Miracles are a great part of those testimonies. When Jesus turned water to wine it was at a wedding and it was clear for all to see, another example was when he raised the widow's son from the dead, it was a miracle on the streets. So miracles are not truths to be hidden they should be showed to the world so that people would know that we serve a true and living God.

Again, no one has proven that the mention pastor chris is a fraud so please let us stop with name calling o
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by tinucome: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2009
in our responses we should be matured and sensitive.
we don't need to mention names, let's stay with the issues.
pastor chris is not appreciated in this country and i know that most people that take position on his issues are doing so from hear say.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by chidyke77(m): 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2009
but so called pastors main purpose of advertising is to get more flock to their church, which means more customers more money.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by mayrho(m): 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2009
There have been instances when Jesus told them to tell people remember the guy whom Jesus casted out demons from and sent the demons into swine he told him to go tell people so I think its ok
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by chidyke77(m): 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2009
those days are when christianity is still begining and Jesus was trying to covert them with those signs since they cannot believe without seeing the signs.
bt now these so called men of GOD are using it as an avenue of wealth accumulation for themselves.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Spyker: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2009
Pentecostalism, protestanism, catholism and so have one thing in common, they preach Christ. But what is different in them is that some have lost the identity of Christianity. You may ask, what is the identity of Christianity and i will tell you "the cross" or "the crucifix". What we find these days is either the face of the founder of the church or the pastor and his wife and lots more. They have assumed the identity of Christianity which is that Christ died on a cross.
Please Nigerians, help us so that the wrath of God will be light on us. Compare christianity to other religions, for instance Islam, you must see the moon and star symbol. Same for many other religions. Why are our Pastors making mockery of Christianity. They are preaching and advertising miracles because of greed. They want money.
How many of this so called churches use their money to build non-profit institutions and homes like the missionaries did. For example, in Port Harcourt, all the homes (Home for the Elderly, Compassion home, Cheshire home (for disables), the Child (for mentally retarded persons)) and many more belong to the Catholic church. We here pastors building schools with high fees, buying private jets. It is all greed and love of money and not love of God.

Our pastors should look at the life of christ and his apostles and emulate them because they are leading million(did i say millions) billions to damnation and they must account for the souls they end up decieving.

I really frown at advertising miracles anyway
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by chidyke77(m): 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2009
Spyker:

Pentecostalism, protestanism, catholism and so have one thing in common, they preach Christ. But what is different in them is that some have lost the identity of Christianity. You may ask, what is the identity of Christianity and i will tell you "the cross" or "the crucifix". What we find these days is either the face of the founder of the church or the pastor and his wife and lots more. They have assumed the identity of Christianity which is that Christ died on a cross.
Please Nigerians, help us so that the wrath of God will be light on us. Compare christianity to other religions, for instance Islam, you must see the moon and star symbol. Same for many other religions. Why are our Pastors making mockery of Christianity. They are preaching and advertising miracles because of greed. They want money.
How many of this so called churches use their money to build non-profit institutions and homes like the missionaries did. For example, in Port Harcourt, all the homes (Home for the Elderly, Compassion home, Cheshire home (for disables), the Child (for mentally retarded persons)) and many more belong to the Catholic church. We here pastors building schools with high fees, buying private jets. It is all greed and love of money and not love of God.

Our pastors should look at the life of christ and his apostles and emulate them because they are leading million(did i say millions) billions to damnation and they must account for the souls they end up decieving.

am nt a catholic neither am i suppoerting any sect bt this writer hits the point.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by mystikal(m): 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2009
whoeer said pastors shd invade Hospitals 4 miracles, I bet Christ would have done the same?

Miracles demonstrate the awesome power of God.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by ud4u: 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2009
cloud7:

When Jesus was on earth did He go into the hospitals to heal the sick?

You rather read your bible very well.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Oluschenco(m): 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2009
Those announcing miracles are in search of money, If truly God has sent them, they should go to UCH and other government hospitals to raise the sicks and deads.

Jesus did this kind of a thing to the woman at the river of Bethsaida.

Jesus did not invite the mad man of Gadara, but rather helped him out.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by topsy25(m): 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2009
Hi fellow Nlders,

There's nothing wrong with miracles. It's part of Christ's mission and God's gift to mankind. That is why the scripture said: ", going about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil because God was with him."

God has in the past and at present use miracles to draw unbelievers to Himself and the bible recorded it that many believed on Jesus first because of the miracle they saw and later His words e.g the Samaritan woman and the Samaritans.

Notwithstanding, a genuine servants of God would not have to advertise or fake miracles before people gets to know they can perform miracles. Genuine and God-given miracle will advertise itself. We should also note that these are the last days and fake and pastors from the pit of hell abound to deceive people with signs and wonders; only those with the Spirit of God and good knowledge of the Word will escape.

Beware!!!
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by topsy25(m): 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2009
ud4u:

When Jesus was on earth did He go into the hospitals to heal the sick?

You rather read your bible very well.

Maybe u should go back to that bible again and read well. Then, you'll realise Jesus was going about healing all that were oppressed of the devil. Whereever he saw them (hospital or on street and not just the synagogue) he was moved with compassion and heals the sick.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by No2Atheism(m): 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2009
@topic

Absolutely NO
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by No2Atheism(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2009
Spyker:

That is exactly the reason why the post and job of a pastor is the most dangerous job on the planet. Because you can actually destroy lives without carrying a gun or robbing a bank. To make it worse, the destruction of those lives can also be eternal.

That exactly is the reason I frown at so many so called pastors of nowadays,
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by candyshore: 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2009
please name callin is not right just say wat u ve to say, moreover its watever dey know they are doing dats why i redeem they dont advertise miraces, although know condemnation o
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Dereformer(m): 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2009
@Ukotmi,

if u have any instance of where Jesus advertised any of his miracle please let me know.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Akforall: 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2009
Jesus said; ye are the light of the word,,  let ur light so shine before men that they may see ur good works and give God glory.

Another passage states: A man's gift find a way for him and make him stand before kings.

Jesus also said; come unto me all ye that are labor and heavy laden I will give you rest
That was a bublic declaration. And Jesus was well known for his acts (miracles) because he's always willing to do miracles

Jesus also said without signs and wonders men will not believe

As we all know that information is very important becouse it gives direction, if miracles are not made known to the public by pastors, people will not have a clear direction of where to get a solution to their problems they might take a wrong step. God delight in solving problems (miracles)

Considering the points above, I think there is nothing wrong in advertising miracles (it's an information that has to be passed across because miracles are the act of God)
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by fyneguy: 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2009
topsy25:

Maybe u should go back to that bible again and read well. Then, you'll realise Jesus was going about healing all that were oppressed of the devil. Whereever he saw them (hospital or on street and not just the synagogue) he was moved with compassion and heals the sick.

Topsy, may be you should desist from making subjective statements.

That Jesus went about healing the sick does not suggest precisely that he visited the hospitals to heal the sick.

Jesus went from places to places telling them about the kingdom and at the same time healing them, with emphasis on faith.

Have you read in the bible where Jesus saw the sick and still asked him what he wanted Jesus to do for him?
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Witi(m): 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2009
There is no where Jesus advertise miracle in the bible the credibility of some of these guys that call themselves Bishops, Pastors or G.o Whatever is questionable at times magic may look like a miracle especially people that the bible refer to here: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ear 2 Tim 4:3 (KJV) Christians should start reading the bible and yield themselves to the spirit for interpretation of what is written there not to one man.  But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. Job 32:8 (KJV)
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by DeepSight(m): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
Church = Business Centre

Pastor = Managing Direcor

Congregation = Customers

Tithes = Fool's money

Charge = Obtaining by False Pretenses

Defence = "Touch not his anointed"

Needed? CBN (Church Ban in Nigeria) wield the big stick, these guys deserve to be arrested alongside the Bank CEOs who have not robbed this country more than the so called BusinessMen of Cash God
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by akhigbeble: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2009
cry
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by SmashingM(f): 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2009
Oh! you guys have started noticing it? Na woah but that's what we like now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do You Go To Church? / ISIS Just Took Over Quaragosh, The Biggest Christian City In Iraq / Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.