Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 - Islam for Muslims (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 (70662 Views)

Quiz: Where Is Allah? / Quiz: How Much Did The Prophet Of Allah Buy Safiyya, His Jewish POW? / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
Answers loading

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sissie:
Salam alaykum..

Sorry it's coming late
. QUIZ
True or False
a) The Qur’an that Allah (جل جلاله) sent down through Jibreel (عليه السلام ) to Mohammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) has seventeen thousand verses.”

False

b) Surah Al-Ahzab (73 ayats) used to be as long as Surah Al-Baqarah (286 ayats)?

True

c) Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is the seal of Prophethood BUT another man could still be inspired (By Allah) with divine revelations after him?

False

2a, Who is the first ambassador of Islam

Mus'ab ibn Umair

B. What's the dua for travelling?

Invocation for Travelling:
Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Subhaanal-lathee sakhkhara lanaa haathaa wa maa kunnaa lahu muqrineen. Wa 'innaa 'ilaa Rabbinaa lamunqaliboon. Allaahumma 'innaa nas'aluka fee safarinaa haathal-birrawattaqwaa, waminal-'amalimaa tardhaa, Allaahumma hawwin 'alaynaa safaranaa haathaa watwi 'annaa bu'dahu, Allaahumma 'Antas-saahibu fis-safari, walkhaleefatu fil-'ahli, Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min wa'thaa'is-safari, wa ka'aabanl-mandhari, wa soo'il-munqalabi fil-maaliwal'ahli.

Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Glory is to Him Who has provided this for us though we could never have had it by our efforts. Surely, unto our Lord we are returning. O Allah, we ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You . O Allah , lighten this journey for us and make its distance easy for us . O Allah, You are our Companion on the road and the One in Whose care we leave our family . O Allah , I seek refuge in You from this journey's hardships, and from the wicked sights in store and from finding our family and property in misfortune upon returning.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wealthyone: 10:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
Day 19; O Allah multiply my share, in this month, on account of its abundant blessings, make easy and smooth my means and ways to reach its mercy and bounties, and do not prevent me from getting its good, O He who guides unto the clear truth...Ameen

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 10:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
1a
false, Quran has 6666 verses 1b false
1c True,
Prophet issa is coming after prophet Muhammad (S.A.W), he is coming to divine revelation after him, and he is still coming to perish Dajjal.
2a,
Mus'ab ibn Umair, he embraced islam in 614 CE and was the first ambassador of islam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sissie:
Salam alaykum..

Sorry it's coming late
. QUIZ
True or False
a) The Qur’an that Allah (جل جلاله) sent down through Jibreel (عليه السلام ) to Mohammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) has seventeen thousand verses.”

b) Surah Al-Ahzab (73 ayats) used to be as long as Surah Al-Baqarah (286 ayats)?

c) Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is the seal of Prophethood BUT another man could still be inspired (By Allah) with divine revelations after him?

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sissie:
Salam alaykum..

Sorry it's coming late
. QUIZ
True or False

Answer

True

Answer

True

Answer

True

Answer

Mus'ab ibn Umair

Answer

Transliteration

Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Subhaanal-lathee sakhkhara lanaa haathaa wa maa kunnaa lahu muqrineen. Wa 'innaa 'ilaa Rabbinaa lamunqaliboon. Allaahumma 'innaa nas'aluka fee safarinaa haathal-birrawattaqwaa, waminal-'amalimaa tardhaa, Allaahumma hawwin 'alaynaa safaranaa haathaa watwi 'annaa bu'dahu, Allaahumma 'Antas-saahibu fis-safari, walkhaleefatu fil-'ahli, Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min wa'thaa'is-safari, wa ka'aabanl-mandhari, wa soo'il-munqalabi fil-maaliwal'ahli.
'Aa'iboona, taa'iboona, 'aabidoona, Lirabbinaa haamidoon.

Translation

Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Glory is to Him Who has provided this for us though we could never have had it by our efforts. Surely, unto our Lord we are returning. O Allah, we ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You. O Allah, lighten this journey for us and make its distance easy for us. O Allah, You are our Companion on the road and the One in Whose care we leave our family. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from this journey's hardships, and from the wicked sights in store and from finding our family and property in misfortune upon returning.
We return repentant to our Lord, worshipping our Lord, and praising our Lord.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu
'Akbar, Subhaanal-lathee sakhkhara
lanaa haathaa wa maa kunnaa lahu
muqrineen. Wa 'innaa 'ilaa Rabbinaa
lamunqaliboon. Allaahumma 'innaa
nas'aluka fee safarinaa haathal- birrawattaqwaa, waminal-'amalimaa
tardhaa, Allaahumma hawwin 'alaynaa
safaranaa haathaa watwi 'annaa
bu'dahu, Allaahumma 'Antas-saahibu fis-
safari, walkhaleefatu fil-'ahli,
Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min wa'thaa'is-safari, wa ka'aabanl-
mandhari, wa soo'il-munqalabi fil-
maaliwal'ahli.
'Aa'iboona, taa'iboona, 'aabidoona,
Lirabbinaa haamidoon. Translation Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most
Great. Allah is the Most Great. Glory is to
Him Who has provided this for us though
we could never have had it by our
efforts. Surely, unto our Lord we are
returning. O Allah, we ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and
for works that are pleasing to You. O
Allah, lighten this journey for us and
make its distance easy for us. O Allah,
You are our Companion on the road and
the One in Whose care we leave our family. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from
this journey's hardships, and from the
wicked sights in store and from finding
our family and property in misfortune
upon returning.
We return repentant to our Lord, worshipping our Lord, and praising our
Lord. 3

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 11:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sissie:
Salam alaykum..

Sorry it's coming late
. QUIZ
True or False

1a.....False

1b....True

1c....False

2a....Musab Ibn Umayr(R.A)

2b....Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu'Akbar, Subhaanal-latheesakhkhara
lanaa haathaa wa maa kunnaalahu muqrineen. Wa 'innaa 'ilaa Rabbinaa lamunqaliboon. Allaahumma 'innaa nas'aluka fee safarinaa haathal-birrawattaqwaa, waminal-'amalimaa tardhaa, Allaahumma hawwin 'alaynaa
bu'dahu, Allaahumma 'Antas-saahibu fis-safari, walkhaleefatu fil-'ahli,Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min wa'thaa'is-safari, wa ka'aabanl-mandhari, wa soo'il-munqalabi fil-maaliwal'ahli.
Lirabbinaa haamidoon.

Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Glory is to Him Who has provided this for us though we could never have had it by our efforts. Surely, unto our Lord we are returning. O Allah, we ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You. O Allah, lighten this journey for us and make its distance easy for us. O Allah,You are our Companion on the road and
the One in Whose care we leave our family. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from this journey's hardships, and from the wicked sights in store and from finding
our family and property in misfortune upon returning.
We return repentant to our Lord, worshipping our Lord, and praising our
Lord.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wealthyone: 5:31am On Jun 25, 2016
Day 20; O Allah, on this day, open for me the doors of the heavens, and lock the doors of hell from me, help me to recite the Qur'an, O the One who sends down tranquillity into the hearts of believers...

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Drniyi4u(m): 5:39am On Jun 25, 2016
Sissie:
Salam alaykum..

Wa alaikum salam

Sorry it's coming late

I'm sorry too that the answer is coming late.

. QUIZ
True or False

False

True

False

Mus'ab ibn Umair R.A

Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu'Akbar, Subhaanal-latheesakhkhara
lanaa haathaa wa maa kunnaalahu muqrineen. Wa 'innaa 'ilaa Rabbinaa lamunqaliboon. Allaahumma 'innaa nas'aluka fee safarinaa haathal-birrawattaqwaa, waminal-'amalimaa tardhaa, Allaahumma hawwin 'alaynaa
bu'dahu, Allaahumma 'Antas-saahibu fis-safari, walkhaleefatu fil-'ahli,Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min wa'thaa'is-safari, wa ka'aabanl-mandhari, wa soo'il-munqalabi fil-maaliwal'ahli.
Lirabbinaa haamidoon.

Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Glory is to Him Who has provided this for us though we could never have had it by our efforts. Surely, unto our Lord we are returning. O Allah, we ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You. O Allah, lighten this journey for us and make its distance easy for us. O Allah, You are our Companion on the road and
the One in Whose care we leave our family. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from this journey's hardships, and from the wicked sights in store and from finding our family and property in misfortune upon returning.
We return repentant to our Lord, worshipping our Lord, and praising our Lord.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by dejt4u(m): 5:54am On Jun 25, 2016
Sissie:
Salam alaykum..
Sorry it's coming late
. QUIZ
True or False

False

True

False

Mus'ab ibn Umair

[b]Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu 'Akbar, Allaahu'Akbar, Subhaanal-latheesakhkharalanaa haathaa wa maa kunnaalahu muqrineen. Wa 'innaa 'ilaa Rabbinaa lamunqaliboon. Allaahumma 'innaa nas'aluka fee safarinaa haathal-birrawattaqwaa, waminal-'amalimaa tardhaa, Allaahumma hawwin 'alaynaasafaranaa haathaa watwi 'annaabu'dahu, Allaahumma 'Antas-saahibu fis-safari, walkhaleefatu fil-'ahli,Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika min wa'thaa'is-safari, wa ka'aabanl-mandhari, wa soo'il-munqalabi fil-maaliwal'ahli.'Aa'iboona, taa'iboona, 'aabidoona,Lirabbinaa haamidoon.

Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Glory is to Him Who has provided this for us though we could never have had it by our efforts. Surely, unto our Lord we are returning. O Allah, we ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for works that are pleasing to You. O Allah, lighten this journey for us and make its distance easy for us. O Allah,You are our Companion on the road andthe One in Whose care we leave our family. O Allah, I seek refuge in You from this journey's hardships, and from the wicked sights in store and from finding our family and property in misfortune upon returning.We return repentant to our Lord, worshipping our Lord, and praising our Lord.[/b]

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wealthyone: 8:12am On Jun 26, 2016
Day 21; O Allah, on this day, show me the way to win Your pleasure, do not let Shaytan have a means over me, make Paradise an abode and a resting place for me, O the One who fulfils the requests of the needy.....Allahumo! Innaka Affuwun Tuhibul al-ffuwa Fa'fu anni. Ameen. Please, remember me in ur dua =-)< wink

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
DAY NINETEEN QUIZ: 21st Ramadan 1437

Allah will question Eesa عليه السلام on the Day of Qiyamah, 

1) How will he be questioned? 

2) What will be his response? 

3) And what will Allah say afterwards?

4) Which is the longest Makki Surah? 

5) Allah's Parable;

أَعْمَالُهُمْ كَرَمَادٍ اشْتَدَّتْ بِهِ الرِّيحُ فِي يَوْمٍ عَاصِفٍ........ 

(Their deeds are as ashes, on which the wind blows furiously on a stormy day......) is in reference to which people?

3 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Drniyi4u(m): 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
Wizeboy:

"And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?' "

Surah Al-Ma'idah, verse 116

"... He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen."

"I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness."

"If You should punish them - indeed they are Your servants; but if You forgive them - indeed it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."

Surah Al-Ma'idah, V116-118

"Allah will say, 'This is the Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness'..."
Surah Al-Ma'idah, verse 119

Suratul A'raf, Q7

5) Allah's Parable;
(Their deeds are as ashes, on which the wind blows furiously on a stormy day......) is in reference to which people? 

It is in reference to those who disbelieve in their Lord

5 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by dejt4u(m): 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Wizeboy:

And imagine when thereafter Allah will say: 'Jesus, son of Mary, did you say to people: "Take me and my mother for gods beside Allah?"

Q5:116

And he will answer: "Glory to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right to. Had I said so, You would surely have known it. You know all what is within my mind whereas I do not know what is within Yours. You, indeed You, know fully all that is beyond the reach of human perception.
Q5:116

I said to them nothing except what You commanded me, that is: 'Serve Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' I watched over them as long as I remained among them; and when You did recall me, then You Yourself became the Watcher over them. Indeed, You are Witness over everything.
Q5:117

If You chastise them, they are Your servants; and if You forgive them, You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise
Q5:118

3) And what will Allah say afterwards

Thereupon Allah will say: 'This day truthfulness shall profit the truthful. For them are Gardens beneath which rivers flow. There they will abide for ever. Allah is well- pleased with them, and they well-pleased with Allah. That indeed is the mighty triumph.'
Q5:119

Surat Aaraf

5) Allah's Parable;

Those who disbelieve in their Lord

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
Wizeboy:

Ans: Eesa (PBUH) will be questioned if he told the people to worship him and his mother as deities.

"And (remember) when God will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O Jesus, son of Mary! Did you say unto men: ‘Take me and my mother as deities beside God?’" Q 5 vs 116

Ans: He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is in them and He has full power over everything.had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours; truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden.

Never did I say to them except what You commanded me - worship God, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things.

If You chastise them, they are Your servants; and if You forgive them, You are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise (Q5 vs 116-118)

Ans:
Thereupon Allah will say: 'This day truthfulness shall profit the truthful. For them are Gardens beneath which rivers flow. There they will abide for ever. Allah is well- pleased with them, and they well-pleased with Allah. That indeed is the mighty triumph.'

To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is in them and He has full power over everything. (Q5 vs 119-120)

Ans: Surah Aaraf

5) Allah's Parable;

Ans: Polytheist (Disbelievers)

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
Wizeboy:

5) Allah's Parable;

"And (remember) when God will say (on the Day of
Resurrection): "O Jesus, son of Mary! Did you say
unto men: ‘Take me and my mother as deities
beside God?’" Q 5 vs 116

2........ He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for
me to say what I To Allah belongs the dominion of
the heavens and the earth and all that is in them
and He has full power over everything. Had I said such a thing, You would
surely have known it. You know what is in my
inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours;
truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that
is hidden.

Never did I say to them except what You
commanded me - worship God, my Lord and your
Lord. And I was a witness over them while I dwelt
amongst them, but when You took me up, You
were the Watcher over them; and You are a
Witness to all things.

If You chastise them, they are Your servants; and
if You forgive them, You are the All-Mighty, the
All-Wise (Q5 vs 116-118)

3....... Allah will say, 'This is the Day when the truthful
will benefit from their truthfulness'... "

4.....SURAT Aaraf

5....... It is the parable of those who disbelieve in their
Lord.

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
1) How will he be questioned? Ans: Eesa (PBUH) will be
questioned if he told the people to
worship him and his mother as
deities. "And (remember) when God will
say (on the Day of Resurrection):
"O Jesus, son of Mary! Did you say
unto men: ‘Take me and my
mother as deities beside God?’" Q
5 vs 116 2) What will be his response? Ans: He will say: "Glory be to You!
It was not for me to say what I To
Allah belongs the dominion of the
heavens and the earth and all that
is in them and He has full power
over everything.had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You
would surely have known it. You
know what is in my inner-self
though I do not know what is in
Yours; truly, You, only You, are the
All-Knower of all that is hidden. Never did I say to them except
what You commanded me -
worship God, my Lord and your
Lord. And I was a witness over
them while I dwelt amongst them,
but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and
You are a Witness to all things. If You chastise them, they are
Your servants; and if You forgive
them, You are the All-Mighty, the
All-Wise (Q5 vs 116-118) 3) And what will Allah say
afterwards? Ans: Thereupon Allah will say: 'This day truthfulness shall profit
the truthful. For them are Gardens
beneath which rivers flow. There
they will abide for ever. Allah is
well- pleased with them, and they
well-pleased with Allah. That indeed is the mighty triumph.' To Allah belongs the dominion of
the heavens and the earth and all
that is in them and He has full
power over everything. (Q5 vs
119-120) 4) Which is the longest Makki
Surah? Ans: Surah Aaraf 5) Allah's Parable; ﺃَﻋْﻤَﺎﻟُﻬُﻢْ ﻛَﺮَﻣَﺎﺩٍ ﺍﺷْﺘَﺪَّﺕْ ﺑِﻪِ ﺍﻟﺮِّﻳﺢُ ﻓِﻲ ﻳَﻮْﻡٍ ﻋَﺎﺻِﻒٍ ........ (Their deeds are as ashes, on
which the wind blows furiously on
a stormy day......) is in reference to
which people? Ans: Polytheist (Disbelievers)

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Wizeboy:

Answer

And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?'

Answer

He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

Never did I say to them except what You
commanded me - worship God, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a
Witness to all things.

If You chastise them, they are Your servants; and
if You forgive them, You are the All-Mighty, the
All-Wise (Q5 vs 116-118)

Answer

Allah will say: 'This day truthfulness shall profit the truthful. For them are Gardens beneath which rivers flow. There they will abide for ever. Allah is well- pleased with them, and they well-pleased with Allah. That indeed is the mighty triumph.'
To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is in them and He has full power over everything. (Q5 vs 119-120)

Answer

Suratul Araf

5) Allah's Parable;

Answer

The Unbelievers

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 8:43am On Jun 27, 2016
DAY NINETEEN QUIZ ANSWERS - 21st Ramadan 1437

Allah will ask him; 

O 'Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?

And he will say; 

i) Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner­-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All­-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

ii) Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: 'Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. 

iii) If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the All­-Mighty, the All­-Wise.

And Afterwards, Allah will say; 

This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) - they shall abide therein forever. Allah is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).

(Culled from Surah Al-Maidah ayats 116 -119).

Surah Al-Araf 

5) Allah's Parable;

The Disbelievers (Surah Ibrahim, ayah 18)

Day Nineteen Quiz Participants 

dejt4u 
Drniyi4u
sodiksan
daprince098
baba11
Akinkunmi0777

3 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wealthyone: 6:29am On Jun 28, 2016
Day 23; O Allah, on this day, wash away my sins, purify me from all flaws, examine my heart with (for) the piety of the hearts, O One who overlooks the shortcomings of the sinners...

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 5:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
DAY TWENTY QUIZ: 23rd Ramadan 1437

As a Muslim;
1) Why do you Pray?

2) How should you Walk?

3) How should you Talk?

4) In the sciences of hadiths, what's known as the Golden isnad (chain)? 

5) Arrange these schools of Jurisprudence in the orders which they were formed;
i) Hanbali 
ii) Hanafi 
iii) Maliki 
iv) Shaafi
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wizeboy:

As a Muslim;
1) Why do you Pray?

Answer

Muslims don't pray for God's benefit. Muslims do not pray for the benefit of Allah. Allah does not need human prayers because he has no needs at all. I as a Muslims pray because God has command me to do so , and because i believe that I will obtain great benefit in doing so.

2) How should you Walk?

Answer

Qur’an reminds us on how to walk.
“And the servants of the Beneficent God are they who walk on the earth in
humbleness, and when the ignorant address them, they say:
Peace .” (Quran 25.63 )

Now some people like to walk like they own the sidewalk and they have all all the power in the world, sorry but God can send an earthquake to any of us, so be kind to the earth beneath your feet like Prophet Jesus (Peace be upon said).

We all become victims of arrogance at some point in our life’s. This reflects through our everyday behavior such as speech, how we greet people and in the way we walk.

3) How should you Talk?

Answer

Islam has legislated a number of rules that a Muslim should abide by when speaking to others. A Muslim must always remember, without a doubt, that he will account for every good and bad thing that he says. He will be rewarded for his good words, and he will be punished for every bad word that he says.

Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Quaaf, what can be translated as, “Not a word does he utter, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it) .” (Verse 18)

The Messenger (S.A.W.) warned us about the seriousness of speaking. The prophet said, in an authentic hadith reported by Imams At-Tirmithi and Ibn-Majah, that, “A person may say a word that is pleasing to Allah (S.W.T.) and he may not think much of it, but Allah (S.W.T.) will, (because of that word), bestow his pleasure upon him on the Day of Judgment, and a person may say a word that is displeasing to Allah (S.W.T.), and he may not think much of it, but Allah will have, (because of that word) put his wrath and anger on him on the Day of Judgment.”

Speaking can be dangerous. So, we should control it within the limits of Islam, guided by Allah (S.W.T.) and His Messenger Muhammad

Answer

ISNAD (chain of reporters), and t araf (the part, or the beginning sentence, of the text which refers to the sayings, actions or characteristics of the Prophet (P) , or his concurrence with others action). The authenticity of the
hadith depends on the reliability of its reporters, and the linkage among them.

i) Hanbali 
ii) Hanafi 
iii) Maliki 
iv) Shaafi 

Answer

1)Hanafi
2)Maliki
3)Shaafi
4)Hanbali

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wizeboy:

As a Muslim;
1) Why do you Pray?

2) How should you Walk?

3) How should you Talk?

i) Hanbali 
ii) Hanafi 
iii) Maliki 
iv) Shaafi 

1.....We pray so that we can be established so that It reminds us of our God every-time and so that we are not engrossed in this world that we forget our purpose of life.

It strengthens our Faith and comforts us.

It's a sort of regular reminder for us and also a source of food for our soul. Just as we need food to satisfy our physical needs Islam teaches us to pray and worship sincerely to get the food for our souls. That is, inner peace and tranquility.

Also It's much more than just a personal act of worship, It's far more than that. It has political and social implications as well. Which can be manifested in the weekly gathering of the Jumma prayers. In which all Muslims gather in a grand mosque and the issues of the Muslim society are to be discussed in the sermon.

1) Walk on the right side and not in the middle of any street or pathway.

2) Do not walk with pride.

3) Walk in a manner that is not too fast or slow.

4) If someone is stood in the way, do not walk to the person too close, but move so that you do not cause the person any problems.

5) Do not walk in between women but walk on the side.

6) Do not make noise with your shoes when walking as this seeks attention and Beloved Rasool Salla Allahu ta'ala 'alayhi wa Sallam disliked it.

7) If you are talking to someone then move to one side and do not stand in the way.

cool Keep the gaze lowered whilst walking.

9) When you hear tha adhan stop, reply and then walk on.

1- We should speak only if we our speech will be good and beneficial. We should remember the famous saying, “If you do not have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.” Imams Bukhari and Muslim reported that the prophet (S.A.W.) said, “Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him say good or remain silent.”

2-We should be truthful when we speak and refrain from lying: The believer should always tell the truth, and he should never lie even if when he is joking around. Imams Bukhari and Muslim reported that the prophet (S.A.W.) said, "You must speak the truth for the truth leads to virtue and virtue leads to Paradise . One, who always speaks the truth and means the truth, is recorded as truthful with Allah. Keep away from the lie for the lie leads to evil and evil leads to the Hell Fire and one who continually tells a lie and intends to lie is recorded with Allah as a liar.”

3- We should refrain from using bad language or cursing at all times: Never use bad language, even if you are serious or just kidding around, because Allah hates the disobedient, and He hates the one who curses. Disobedient talk includes bad-mouthing others, and cursing. For this reason, the prophet (S.A.W.) warned us in an authentic hadith that , “The believer does not accuse, curse others, disobey Allah, nor bad-mouth others.” and in another authentic hadith , “The curse of a Muslim is a sign of disobedience.” Not only are we prohibited from cursing at the living, but we are also forbidden to curse at the dead. The prophet (S.A.W.) forbade us when he said; “Do not curse the dead; they will get it for what they had done (in this life)” and the prophet even (S.A.W.) ordered us in another hadith to, "Mention the good things about the dead.”

4- We should refrain from Gheebah or backbiting Gheebah means to talk about someone behind their back in a manner that he/she would dislike. Allah (S.W.T) says in Surat Al-Hujurat, in what could be translated as, "And do not backbite one another." Furthermore, we should refrain from Nameemah , which means spreading around rumors that would cause conflict among people. In fact, the prophet said in an authentic hadith , "He who makes Namimah does not enter Paradise .” And when someone is committing Gheebah or Nameemah, then we should stop listening to them, because if we keep listening, then we will share their sins.

5- We should refrain from swearing by the name of Allah unless it is absolutely necessary . Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Al-Baqarah, what can be translated as, “And do not make Allah's (Name) an excuse in your oaths.” (Verse 224)

6- We should speak about matters within our knowledge and expertise : If you do not know what you are talking about, then remain silent. Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Al-Isra'a, what can be translated as, “And do not follow [ say] that of which you have no knowledge.” (Verse 36)

7- We should not speak about matters that we hear about, without investigation: We always hear things from others that may not be so truthful or accurate, and some people talk about things even when they are doubtful. So in order to avoid sharing their sins, you should not speak without making sure that what people are saying is true. The prophet (S.A.W.) warns us in an authentic hadith, “It is enough sin a person commits when he talks about everything he hears.”

8- We should make sure that our goals from our speech should be to find the truth. We should not worry about how or who reveals the truth; just make sure that someone reveals the truth in the end.

9- We should refrain from involvement in senseless arguments in which the sole purpose is to put down others and to show superiority: Aimless arguments are signs of misguidance. (We seek refuge with Allah from it). For this reason, the prophet (S.A.W.) warned us in an authentic hadith reported by Imam At-Tirmithi, "A people did not get misguided after Allah had guided them, but they were aimlessly argumentative.

Golden isnad is the strongest chain of transmitters of the hadiths we have in islam.

isnād, (from Arabic sanad , “support”), in Islam,
a list of authorities who have transmitted a
report ( ḥadīth ) of a statement, action, or
approbation of Muhammad, one of his
Companions (Ṣaḥābah), or of a later authority
( tabīʿ ); its reliability determines the validity of a
ḥadīth. The isnād precedes the actual text
( matn) and takes the form, “It has been related
to me by A on the authority of B on the
authority of C on the authority of D (usually a
Companion of the Prophet) that Muhammad
said.…”
During Muhammad’s lifetime and after his
death, ḥadīth s were usually quoted by his
Companions and contemporaries and were not
prefaced by isnād s; only after a generation or
two (c. AD 700) did the isnād appear to
enhance the weight of its text. In the 2nd
century AH (after AD 720), when the example of
the Prophet as embodied in ḥadīth —rather than
local custom as developed in Muslim
communities—was established as the norm
( sunnah) for an Islamic way of life, a wholesale
creation of ḥadīth s, all “substantiated” by
elaborate isnād s, resulted. Since ḥadīth s were
the basis of virtually all Islamic scholarship,
especially Qurʾānic exegesis (tafsīr) and legal
theory (fiqh), Muslim scholars had to determine
scientifically which of them were authentic. This
was done by a careful scrutiny of the isnād s,
rating each ḥadīth according to the
completeness of its chain of transmitters and
the reliability and orthodoxy of its authorities
( see ʿilm al-ḥadīth ).
Early compilations of the most reliable ḥadīth s
(known as musnads) were even arranged by
isnād ; that is, classified according to the
Companion of Muhammad to whom they were
attributed. Most notable of these was the
musnad of Aḥmad ibn Ḥanbal (d. 855),
incorporating about 29,000 traditions. Musnad s
proved difficult to use efficiently, however, and
later compilations, known as muṣannaf, grouped
ḥadīth s according to subject matter.

i)Hanafi
ii)Maliki
iii)Shaafi
iv)Hanbali
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 6:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wizeboy:

As a Muslim;
1) Why do you Pray?

[b]Ans: "And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me" (Q51: 56)

I do not pray because I need benefit from Allah. Allah does not need human prayers because he has no needs at all. I pray as a muslim because Allah has told us to worship Him, and I believe by doing so I can obtain great benefit. More so, Prayer is the Ascension for a Believer. It gives every Muslim the chance to communicate with his Lord. During each prayer, the Muslim recites Soorah Al-Fatiha: This recitation is not a dull monologue by the Believer, but Allah promises that it is a conversation between Him and the worshipper. The Messenger of Allah reported that Allah, the Almighty says: "When my slave says in his prayer: 'All praise is for Allah, the Lord of the worlds,' I say: 'My slave has praised Me' When he says: 'The Merciful, the Compassionate, Master of the Day of Judgment,' I say: 'My slave has glorified Me.' When he says: 'You Alone we worship and your Aid we seek,' I say: 'This is between Me and My slave.' When he says: 'Show us the Straight Path,' I say: 'This is for My slave, and I give My slave what he wants.'"

The Messenger of Allah once said: "Prayer is the pillar of religion." (Al-Baihaqi) He also informed us that Islam is built upon five pillars, the second being to establish prayer five times a day. (Al-Bukhaari) This makes the image very clear: Islam is like a building supported by five columns; remove just one column and the entire building weakens. In the same way, when a person stops praying, his faith becomes weak, and the mildest blows can cause it to crumble. The prayer is so very important that the Prophet said: "Verily, between man and polytheism and disbelief is abandoning prayer." (Muslim)[/b]

2) How should you Walk?

Ans: “And the servants of the Beneficent God are they who walk on the earth in humbleness, and when the ignorant address them, they say: Peace.” (Quran 25.63 )

3) How should you Talk?

Ans: "and when the ignorant address them, they say: Peace.” (Quran 25.63 )

i. The following are some ways a muslim should talk:

We should refrain from swearing by the name of Allah unless it is absolutely necessary . Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Al-Baqarah, what can be translated as, “And do not make Allah's (Name) an excuse in your oaths.” (Verse 224)

ii. We should speak about matters within our knowledge and expertise : If you do not know what you are talking about, then remain silent. Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Al-Isra'a, what can be translated as, “And do not follow [ say] that of which you have no knowledge.” (Verse 36)

iii. We should not speak about matters that we hear about, without investigation: We always hear things from others that may not be so truthful or accurate, and some people talk about things even when they are doubtful. So in order to avoid sharing their sins, you should not speak without making sure that what people are saying is true. The prophet (S.A.W.) warns us in an authentic hadith, “It is enough sin a person commits when he talks about everything he hears.”

iv. We should make sure that our goals from our speech should be to find the truth. We should not worry about how or who reveals the truth; just make sure that someone reveals the truth in the end.

v. We should make sure our speech is serious and to joke around very sparingly: And if you do decide to be humorous, at least make truthful jokes just like the prophet (S.A.W.) used to do.

vi. We should avoid interrupting others while they speak and we should listen to what they have to say until they finish their statement: Afterwards, you should comment on what they have said—only if necessary. We should not waste time by repeating or commenting on everything, everyone says.

Ans: Isnad is the chain of authorities attesting to the historical authenticity of a particular Hadith. Hadith include an Isnad that gives the chain of authorities by which the Hadith has been handed down, using the form,

“It has been related to me by person A on the authority of B on the authority of C on the authority of D that the Prophet Muhammad said…

i) Hanbali 
ii) Hanafi 
iii) Maliki 
iv) Shaafi 

Ans:
i. Hanafi (699-767 AD)
ii. Maliki (731-795 AD)
iii. Shaafi (767-820 AD)
iv. Hanbali (780-855AD)

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2016
1) Why do you Pray? Answer Muslims don't pray for God's
benefit. Muslims do not pray for
the benefit of Allah. Allah does not
need human prayers because he
has no needs at all. I as a Muslims
pray because God has command me to do so , and because i
believe that I will obtain great
benefit in doing so. 2) How should you Walk? Answer Qur’an reminds us on how to walk.
“And the servants of the
Beneficent God are they who walk
on the earth in
humbleness, and when the
ignorant address them, they say: Peace .” (Quran 25.63 ) Now some people like to walk like
they own the sidewalk and they
have all all the power in the world,
sorry but God can send an
earthquake to any of us, so be kind
to the earth beneath your feet like Prophet Jesus (Peace be upon
said). We all become victims of
arrogance at some point in our
life’s. This reflects through our
everyday behavior such as speech,
how we greet people and in the
way we walk. 3) How should you Talk? Answer Islam has legislated a number of
rules that a Muslim should abide
by when speaking to others. A
Muslim must always remember,
without a doubt, that he will
account for every good and bad thing that he says. He will be
rewarded for his good words, and
he will be punished for every bad
word that he says. Allah (S.W.T.) says in surat Quaaf,
what can be translated as, “Not a
word does he utter, but there is a
watcher by him ready (to record
it) .” (Verse 18) The Messenger (S.A.W.) warned
us about the seriousness of
speaking. The prophet said, in an
authentic hadith reported by
Imams At-Tirmithi and Ibn-Majah,
that, “A person may say a word that is pleasing to Allah (S.W.T.)
and he may not think much of it,
but Allah (S.W.T.) will, (because of
that word), bestow his pleasure
upon him on the Day of Judgment,
and a person may say a word that is displeasing to Allah (S.W.T.),
and he may not think much of it,
but Allah will have, (because of
that word) put his wrath and anger
on him on the Day of Judgment.” Speaking can be dangerous. So,
we should control it within the
limits of Islam, guided by Allah
(S.W.T.) and His Messenger
Muhammad 4) In the sciences of hadiths,
what's known as the Golden isnad
(chain)? Answer ISNAD (chain of reporters), and t
araf (the part, or the beginning
sentence, of the text which refers
to the sayings, actions or
characteristics of the Prophet (P) ,
or his concurrence with others action). The authenticity of the
hadith depends on the reliability of
its reporters, and the linkage
among them. 5) Arrange these schools of
Jurisprudence in the orders which
they were formed;
i) Hanbali
ii) Hanafi
iii) Maliki iv) Shaafi Answer 1)Hanafi
2)Maliki
3)Shaafi
4)Hanbali
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by superwitboss: 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wizeboy:

As a Muslim;
1) Why do you Pray?

Prayer is the second pillar of Islam. It is obligatory on every Muslim, male or female. It is a tie between the slave and his Lord.

Prayer draws us nearer to Allah The Prophet, sallallaahu álayhi wa sallam, received all Islamic obligations and commandments from Allah through the Angel of Revelation, Jibreel (Gabriel), except for Prayer. It is the only act of worship that Allah directly commanded His Prophet to perform on the night of Israa` and Mi`raaj (Night Journey and Ascension to Heaven). This is attributed to the fact that Prayer is highly esteemed and a noble act of worship in a Muslim's life. Through Prayer, a Muslim transcends worldly limitations
and aspires to attain the Mercy of Allah where he feels he is very near to Him.

The first thing a Muslim will be held accountable for on the Day of Judgment is Prayer. If his Prayer was properly performed, the rest of his acts of worship will be considered correct. On the other hand, if his Prayer was unsound, the rest of his acts of worship will be considered as being also unsound. Prayer is the only pillar of Islam that a Muslim performs in all circumstances:
Prayer is the cornerstone of the Islamic religion.
If a person establishes it, he establishes all pillars of the religion, but if he disregards it, he actually disregards all pillars of the religion. It is the only pillar of Islam that a Muslim must perform regardless of the circumstances he may be in. For example:
A Muslim may not have money and hence no Zakaah is due on him.
A Muslim may be sick and therefore unable to fast.
He may not be able to perform Hajj.
* Yet for Prayer, it must be performed
regardless of one's condition:
A sick person who can not stand up to perform
Prayer may perform it while he is sitting down.
If still one cannot sit down, he can perform prayer while lying on one of his sides.
If one cannot stand up to perform Prayer
because an enemy or a wild beast is chasing him, he can perform it while riding his horse whatever the direction he may take and he can move his head instead of bowing and prostrating.
During battles, Muslims must perform Prayer all according to their abilities even if they are encountering their enemies.
They should perform Prayer regardless of the place where they are or the direction they are taking. Again moving the head slightly is an alternative to bowing and prostrating.
Obligatory Prayer A Muslim must perform five Prayer during the day and night with a total number of rak`ahs of 17. Such Prayer are:
1.Al-Fajr (Dawn) Prayer: two rak`ahs
2.Ath-Thuhr (Noon) Prayer: four rak`ahs
3.Al-Asr (Afternoon) Prayer: four rak`ahs 4.Al-Maghrib (Sunset) Prayer: three rak`ahs
5.Al-Eshaa' (Night) Prayer: four rak`ahs

2) How should you Walk?

ETIQUETTES OF WALKING (Brothers)
Walk on a medium pace in the way.
Do not rush to become, an object of ridicule for the onlookers, nor drag your feet so wearily that people might think you are ill and start making anxious enquiries after your health.
Walk with poise and dignity with eyes cast down.
Do not continue to look sideways at everything along the path Walk humbly with even steps.
Do not walk arrogantly and proudly.
Strictly observe the following etiquettes while walking along the road. Do not stop or sit on the way with the object of staring at the passers-by. If on occasions you must stop or sit on the way, you should follow these rules:
Keep your eyes downcast;
Remove harmful bits and pieces out of the way.
Respond to the ‘salam’ of others Persuade the people to do good and prevent them from doing evil. Show the way to travellers who have lost direction. Help those’who are in trouble or are facing hardship

ETIQUETTES OF WALKING (Sisters)
Whenever righteous women have to pass along the road out of any need or necessity, they should wrap their bodies, garments and all pieces of physical adornment carefully with a ‘burqa’ or a
sheet and cover their faces with a veil.
If there is any other kind of adornment that is hidden, women are forbidden to make any movements that would reveal what is hidden, because Allah says: (And let them not stamp their
feet...) to the end of it.
From that, women are also prohibited from wearing scent and perfume when they are going outside the home, lest men should smell their perfume. Abu
`Isa At-Tirmidhi recorded that Abu Musa, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Prophet said:
(Every eye commits fornication and adultery, and when a woman puts on perfume and passes through a gathering, she is such and such) --
meaning an adulteress.
By the same token, women are also forbidden to walk in the middle of the street, because of what this involves of wanton display.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) affirmed: “Collision with a mud- stained swine drenched in stinking slush is tolerable, yet it is inadmissible that a stranger should rub shoulders with a female”.

3) How should you Talk?

Islam comprehensively addresses all
aspects of life, and requires a Muslim to be distinct in his character, creed, worship, manners, etiquettes and appearance.
When a muslim want to talk or have conversation or discussion, a Muslim must maintain some qualities because
Allah commands us to guard our tongues and His Messenger warned us against setting them loose.
Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported: “I heard the Prophet saying: “A person utters a word thoughtlessly (i.e., without thinking about whether it is good or evil) and as a result, will plummet into the fire of Hell deeper than the distance between the east and the west.” ” [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Before addressing others take a glance at
yourself, and ask yourself whether this is an occasion which demands speaking. If the answer is in the affirmative, then speak, otherwise silence is much better. To avoid talking unnecessarily on appropriate occasions is a worship of great rewards.
' Abdullah bin Masood says:
"By the Being other than whom there is no God, on this earth there is none more deserving of long imprisonment than the tongue."
(Tibrani)
Abdullah Ibn Abbas says: "Five things are
more valuable than the ,horses with the black-striped legs:
1. Do not indulge in senseless talk, because it is useless and absurd, and I am uncomfortable from the fear of your committing a sin.
2. Talk purposefully when there is an occasion for it, for there are many people who talk without an occasion. This is a drawback.
3. Do not indulge in hot discussion with an intelligent man or with a fool. If he is
intelligent, he will be angry with you and will hate you, and if he is a fool and uneducated, he will try to harm you.
4. In the absence of your brother speak of him in the same words in which you would like him to speak of you in your absence, and consider him innocent of the thing which you would like him to consider you innocent of.
5. Act like a man who thinks that he will be rewarded for a good deed and will be
punished on committing a crime."
(lbn Abi-al-duniya)
A Muslim can develop these attributes in
himself only when he keeps his tongue in
control, and is able to keep silent wherever necessary. He should be able to hold the reins of his tongue in his hand; wherever necessary he should speak, and wherever it is not necessary he should keep quiet. Those who are ruled by their tongue, they are pushed back, and in the fields of life they receive insults and disrepute.

Golden Chain is the soundest of all chains of hadith transmission the narrations of Ahlul Bayt were often referred to as the Golden Chain of Narration.
The isnad : Ash-Shafi'i ---Malik --- Nafi' --- 'Abdullah ibn'Umar

i) Hanbali 
ii) Hanafi 
iii) Maliki 
iv) Shaafi 

Hanafi
Maliki
Shafi'i
Hanbali
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Drniyi4u(m): 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wizeboy:
As a Muslim;
1) Why do you Pray?

Prayer is the second most important pillar of Islam, that shield man away from evils (“Verily, prayer restrains (oneself) from shameful and unjust deeds…” Qur’an 29:45), enriches soul, washes away sins (Qur’an 11:114) and create unity among Muslims. It is also man's first deed that will be checked on the day of Qiyaamah.
It also establish connection to Allah, as prophet (SAW) said “When any one of you stands to pray, he is communicating with his Lord, so let him pay attention to how he speaks to Him.”

2) How should you Walk?
1) Walk on the right side and not in the middle of any street or pathway.
2) Do not walk with pride.
3) Walk in a manner that is not too fast or slow.
4) If someone is stood in the way, do not walk to the person too close, but move so that you do not cause the person any problems.
5) Do not walk in between women but walk on the side.
6) Do not make noise with your shoes when walking as this seeks attention and Beloved Prophet disliked it.
7) If you are talking to someone then move to one side and do not stand in the way.
8 ) Keep the gaze lowered whilst walking.
9) When you hear the adhan stop, reply and then walk on.

3) How should you Talk?
One should say good and beneficial things as prophet said "Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him say good or remain silent.", and who should always say the truth, refrain from using bad languages, backbiting, and saying things we've not investigated.

Golden Isnad is the chain of narrators of an hadith. For example, the bolder part in the hadith below is the Isnad

"Yahya ibn Bukayr narrated to us from Al-Layth from `Uqayl from Ibn Shuhba from `Urwah from `A’ishah who said, “Whenever the Prophet was given an option between two things, he used to select the easier of the two as long as it was not sinful; but if it was sinful, he would remain far from it.”"

i) Hanbali 
ii) Hanafi 
iii) Maliki 
iv) Shaafi 

i)Hanafi
ii)Maliki
iii)Shaafi
iv)Hanbali
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by dejt4u(m): 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wizeboy:
As a Muslim;
1) Why do you Pray?

Prayer represents the individual’s affirmation of servanthood before the Lord of Creation and submission to His Omnipotent Will. It also represents a willing acknowledgment of our weakness and neediness by seeking Divine Grace, Mercy, Abundance and Forgiveness. Prayer, then, is a willful, directed action by the believer, seeking direct, unmediated communication with Allah, for Muslims believe that every human being is of interest to the Divine. It also represents a concrete manifestation of the Islamic conception of freewill, in that the decision to pray is one that must be made by each individual. In this way, prayer is a uniquely “human” form of worship, for all other creatures submit without question to Allah’s Will and are engaged in His praise, glorification and remembrance

2) How should you Walk?

As a Muslim, one should walk humbly with even steps and not walk arrogantly and proudly.One should walk on a medium pace in the way, not rush to become an object of ridicule for the onlookers, nor drag feet so wearily that people might think one is ill and start making anxious enquiries after one's health.Walk with poise and dignity with eyes cast down. Do not continue to look sideways at everything along the path.

3) How should you Talk?

1. Do not indulge in senseless talk, because it is useless and absurd, and I am uncomfortable from the fear of your committing a sin.
2. Talk purposefully when there is an occasion for it, for there are many people who talk without an occasion. This is a drawback.
3. Do not indulge in hot discussion with an intelligent man or with a fool. If he is intelligent, he will be angry with you and will hate you, and if he is a fool and uneducated, he will try to harm you.
4. In the absence of your brother speak of him in the same words in which you would like him to speak of you in your absence, and consider him innocent of the thing which you would like him to consider you innocent of.
5. Act like a man who thinks that he will be rewarded for a good deed and will be punished on committing a crime."

Isnad (chain) refers to the order of transmitter of Ahadith. Isnad is one of the factors to be considered when classifying Ahadith

i) Hanbali 
ii) Hanafi 
iii) Maliki 
iv) Shaafi 

i)Hanafi
ii)Maliki
iii)Shaafi
iv)Hanbali
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 9:24am On Jun 29, 2016
DAY TWENTY QUIZ ANSWERS - 23rd Ramadan 1437

As a Muslim;
1) Why do you Pray?

Allah says;
........ And perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat). Verily, As-Salat prevents from Al-Fahsha' and Al-Munkar (Surah Al-Ankabut, ayah 45).

2) How should you Walk?

Allah says;
And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance. Verily, you can neither rend nor penetrate the earth, nor can you attain a stature like the mountains in height (Surah Al-Isra, ayah 37).

3) How should you Talk?

Allah says 
And be moderate (or show no insolence) in your walking, and lower your voice. Verily, the harshest of all voices is the voice (braying) of the ass." (Surah Luqman, ayah 19).

Golden isnad;
Imam Malik ibn Anas from Nafi (freed slave of ibn Umar) from Abdullah ibn Umar from The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. 

i) Hanbali 
ii) Hanafi 
iii) Maliki 
iv) Shaafi 

In order which they were formed;
Hanafi ⏩⏩ Maliki ⏩⏩ Shaafi ⏩⏩ Hanbali .

Day Twenty Quiz Participants 

dejt4u 
Drniyi4u
sodiksan
daprince098
baba11
Akinkunmi0777
superwitboss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
DAY TWENTY-ONE QUIZ: 24th Ramadan 1437

1) What will be the greatest fitna to befall humanity? 

2) The Prayer of Fear (Salatul-Khauf) was hinted at where in the Quran? 

3) Madiha made an oath to do so and so if Allah granted her something, she was granted the thing but failed to fulfill the oath. How should she expiate for this?

4) Eesa عليه السلام is ibn Maryam, who's ibn Matta?

5) The Angels do not enter the house in which there's an animate image or a Dog......... Does this mean the deeds of the inhabitants of such houses won't be recorded by the Recording Angels?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Drniyi4u(m): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
Wizeboy:
DAY TWENTY-ONE QUIZ: 24th Ramadan 1437
1) What will be the greatest fitna to befall humanity? 

Dajjal (Antichrist)

2) The Prayer of Fear (Salatul-Khauf) was hinted at where in the Quran? 

And when you are among them and lead them in prayer, let a group of them stand [in prayer] with you and let them carry their arms. And when they have prostrated, let them be [in position] behind you and have the other group come forward which has not [yet] prayed and let them pray with you, taking precaution and carrying their arms. Those who disbelieve wish that you would neglect your weapons and your baggage so they could come down upon you in one [single] attack. But there is no blame upon you, if you are troubled by rain or are ill, for putting down your arms, but take precaution. Indeed, Allah has prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating punishment."
[Surah al-Nisa’ 4:102]

3) Madiha made an oath to do so and so if Allah granted her something, she was granted the thing but failed to fulfill the oath. How should she expiate for this?

Since she deliberately failed to fulfill the oath, she'll have to give Kaffarah for it, which means she should set a slave free, or should fully feed ten indigent persons, or should provide them with clothes. And if she is not able to perform these acts, she should fast for three consecutive days.

4) Eesa عليه السلام is ibn Maryam, who's ibn Matta?

Yunus (Jonah) (A.S)

5) The Angels do not enter the house in which there's an animate image or a Dog......... Does this mean the deeds of the inhabitants of such houses won't be recorded by the Recording Angels? 

The angels meant in the context are the angels who go round with mercy, blessings and prayers for forgiveness, but the recording angels NEVER leave human beings for any circumstances.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats / From A Model To Islam - Joy From Delta State Convert To Islam / Exhumed Corpse Of Woman Who Died 4Years Ago Shocks Ibadan Residents.Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.