Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect (41081 Views)

Mohammed Idiagbon: "Envious Colleagues Set Me Up" - UNILORIN Lecturer Says / Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Of UNILORIN In Sex Scandal (Audio Clip) / Sexual Harassment In Auchi Polytechnic: Prostitutes Assist Male Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by viviangist: 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2016
Sexual Harassment Audio Tape Forces Top Unilorin Lecturer Out Of Job

An audio clip of a University of Ilorin lecturer sexually harassing one of his students has led to his resignation.

Allegedly caught in the act, which leaked on social media last week, was Dr. Mohamed Sani Idiagbon, the Head of the Department of English. His victim, identified only as “Faith” by the Students’ Union President, is said to be a 200 level student of the department.

SaharaReporters has obtained consent from the victim to distribute this audio .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjGCuYmUmW8
Faith had gone to the perpetrator’s office concerning a Continuous Assessment test she had missed, and the lecturer appears to have seized the opportunity to sexually harass her.

A student of the University who requested anonymity told SaharaReporters that Dr. Idiagbon does his sexual and corrupt acts in collaboration with his colleagues in the department. In that regard, he mentioned another lecturer nicknamed “Michael Alabi Jackson”, as one of his allies.

That student told SaharaRepoters that if the university promises to protect the female students in the department, several of them will come into the open about Dr. Idiagbon’s track record of sexual harassment.

In a phone interview, the University’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Kunle Akogun, confirmed Dr. Idiagbon resignation after he had been suspended and removed as the head of the English department.

Mr. Akogun told SaharaReporters that Dr. Idiagbon refused to honor an invitation of the Staff Disciplinary Committee before he chose to resign.

He further stated that the university is investigating the matter and will ensure that the lecturer is duly punished if found guilty of the allegations against him.

In his words, “The university frowns against sexual harassment or any other harassment at that. The university is making necessary investigation and once we are done, the culprit will be brought to book.”

The sub-dean of student affairs, Dr. Yussuf, told our reporter that the case was reported to the Students’ Support Centre shortly after the Easter break.

Investigations show that the university failed to take the case seriously until the video went viral on social media, suggesting that the institution is normally negligent in such matters. Dr. Yussuf assured that Faith will be protected from any form of victimisation.

Close friends of the victim said she has been traumatised since the video went viral.

Student Union President Idris Alao said his union was pleased by the actions of the university management so far and assured that Faith’s studentship is not threatened in any way.

A bill which recommends five years in jail for teachers who engage in sexual relationships with students is currently making its way through the federal legislature. It provides no option of fine for anyone convicted of the crime.

Source http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/06/sexual-harassment-audio-tape-forces-top-unilorin-lecturer-out-job

See earlier thread on the scandal https://www.nairaland.com/3146350/mohammed-sani-idiagbon-unilorin-sex

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by modestofynest(m): 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
I pity that girl cause other lecturers go join hand frustrate that girls life in that school bet me

66 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by TEEKAY2000: 7:46pm On Jun 06, 2016
Good riddance to bad rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Elyzbeth(f): 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2016
Same shit happening in other Nigerian Univerisities... Our country is full of jokers from the smallest to the largest sector.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by rheether(f): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
That girl should be protected.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by ritababe(f): 9:07pm On Jun 06, 2016
he should be sent to prison not just resign.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by donphilopus: 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lalasticlala, verify this info before updating it on the homepage. That's all I can say!

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Mcowubaba: 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2016
modestofynest:
I pity that girl cause other lecturers go join hand frustrate that girls life in that school bet me
People that think like you are worse than Avengers nd B. Haram

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by dizzydane(f): 1:19am On Jun 07, 2016
eiya... I hope u find a better job...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by biafranqueen: 7:20am On Jun 07, 2016
About time

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by olatpic(m): 8:18am On Jun 07, 2016
Good riddance..
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by shadelek(m): 8:53am On Jun 07, 2016
It's a pity that lecturers like this man still exists in our higher institutions. Now you see your life man. You've put the family into temporary shame, your children into long term shame and yourself into permanent shame. You feel like cheating on your wife, fine. It should be done in a polite way and not in your office and besides, not with your student. I hope other lecturers like you who engage in this shameful act will learn from your downfall. You are so lucky that the bill on 5 years in jail for such act is yet to find its way coz if not, it could have been a different story

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by dedons: 8:53am On Jun 07, 2016
I'm also a lecturer with one YORUBA school and he get this chic wey I don dey eye since cos she dey very loaded.

Please what should I do in order not to end up like this mumu lecturer

Please I need your comment.
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Hawlahscho(m): 8:53am On Jun 07, 2016
THE POSTER ABOVE ME IS HIGH ON ANOINTING OIL

***back to the matter***

That serves the man right.

The way you present yourself matters though.
(that goes to the ladies)

This victim may later be dealt with by other lecturers.

That's why ladies need to pray hard against those stewpeed lecturers.

I just feel like shooting the man.

7 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by stephliet(f): 8:53am On Jun 07, 2016
conji u see? NL guys should learn too..

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by looseweight: 8:53am On Jun 07, 2016
Nice decision

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 07, 2016
Up next is KIRIKIRI

4 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Pavore9: 8:55am On Jun 07, 2016
Power of social media!
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 07, 2016
stephliet:
conji u see? NL guys should learn too..

From what?

How to sexually harass Ritababe or Pinkycute?
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by slye(m): 8:55am On Jun 07, 2016
dizzydane:

If found guilty, I hope he doesn't angry

7 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by kikesblog(m): 8:55am On Jun 07, 2016
grin grin angry angry Before His career ends in a mess
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Pavore9: 8:56am On Jun 07, 2016
dizzydane:

When his name is googled what will come up?

5 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by oostin: 8:56am On Jun 07, 2016
Mcowubaba:

People that think like you are worse than Avengers nd B. Haram

But the person is simply saying the truth. It's really sad but its very likely that that's what will happen to the girl.

That's how bad our academic system is.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by DirtyGold: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2016
This dude didnt apply wisdom, there are many girls willing to be harrassed just to get what they want. So, why force an unwilling one?

BTW, I'm not in support of sexual harrassment, just stating the reality.

What's tha business?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Kaybee14(m): 8:57am On Jun 07, 2016
Ok. Good decision from him.
Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by wizkidblogger(f): 8:57am On Jun 07, 2016
Yeye man. HOD for that matter...

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 07, 2016
modestofynest:

sorry,cos not all 'other lecturers' go join hand...some lecturers are still benovelent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Originality007: 8:59am On Jun 07, 2016
grin i just wonder waiting he go tell him wife and his children.......bush meat don catch d hunter tongue

5 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect by Sasuwa(f): 9:01am On Jun 07, 2016
Good move

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum / Dr Biodun Laja Is Dead (Founder Of Lekki British School) / Burnt UNIJOS Library Rebuilt (New Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.