Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? (1967 Views)

How And Why Is RPG A Game Genre? / Which Game Will You Install First On Your New Device? / Which Game Made Your Childhood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Izic00(m): 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
1:Action
2:Adventure
3:Sports
4:Stealth
5:Sci-fi
6:Horror
And why?

I prefer Stealth based games to any other games because while playing you get 2 think, anticipate and strike it involves patience and it's very entertaining wen peeps r around watching you play they get involved by helping you out... smiley ma favorites are Splinter cell Black list and Metal gear solid V Phantom pain n Ghost recon future soilders... what's yours?

1 Like

Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
I love open world action-adventure games!
A.k.a WRPG
Think of:
GTA V
Saints row 4(all the dlcs)
Saints row 5: Agents of mayhem
Bloodborne
Dark souls 3
Watchdogs
Farcry4
Fallout4
A Bethesda rep just said a remaster is to be expected(cant wait for skyrim legendary edition for the latest generation consoles)
Witcher3(best game of the year 2015)
Batman: arkham knight
The remastered editions of the batman asylum and arkham city
The last of us remastered
Dragon age inquisition(best game of the year 2014)

My world is immersed in outright fantasy mehn! I love ps4

1 Like

Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Izic00(m): 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
Silkmoth33:
I love open world action-adventure games!
A.k.a WRPG
Think of:
GTA V
Saints row 4(all the dlcs)
Saints row 5: Agents of mayhem
Bloodborne
Dark souls 3
Watchdogs
Farcry4
Fallout4
A Bethesda rep just said a remaster is to be expected(cant wait for skyrim legendary edition for the latest generation consoles)
Witcher3(best game of the year 2015)
Batman: arkham knight
The remastered editions of the batman asylum and arkham city
The last of us remastered
Dragon age inquisition(best game of the year 2014)

My world is immersed in outright fantasy mehn! I love ps4
Most of these games r 1st person games cool, open world games r cool wif a cool gameplay and nice story line it'll keep u n ur sit 4 hrs enjoyed MGSV, GTAV, Red Dead Redemption but am lookin forward 2 Ghost Recon Wild lands...

1 Like

Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Arcard(m): 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
strategy games, still looking for age of myth
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Izic00(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
Arcard:
strategy games, still looking for age of myth

Haven't heard of it? Wat platform do u play it?
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Arcard(m): 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
Izic00:

Haven't heard of it? Wat platform do u play it?
its a pc game called age of mythology
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Izic00(m): 7:39am On Jun 08, 2016
Arcard:

Hmmmm!!! I'll go check it out
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Izic00(m): 7:45am On Jun 08, 2016
Arcard:

Have u played "The Witcher Wild hunt" on Ps4 tried playin it but cudnt they kept askin mii 4 updates
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2016
Ah bros! Dey are 3rd person games oh except for farcry! You seriously need to play saints row4 or chill till 5 comes out!
Izic00:

Most of these games r 1st person games cool, open world games r cool wif a cool gameplay and nice story line it'll keep u n ur sit 4 hrs enjoyed MGSV, GTAV, Red Dead Redemption but am lookin forward 2 Ghost Recon Wild lands...

1 Like

Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
To prove just how amazing the genre is! The game of the year awards have so far been going to RPGS. I'm talking back to back!

1 Like

Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2016
Izic00:

Have u played "The Witcher Wild hunt" on Ps4 tried playin it but cudnt they kept askin mii 4 updates

Guy get a data plan with enough gigs and go back and update that game. I dey beg you so.

1 Like

Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Kaycee7(m): 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2016
Izic00:
1:Action
2:Adventure
3:Sports
4:Stealth
5:Sci-fi
6:Horror
And why?

I prefer Stealth based games to any other games because while playing you get 2 think, anticipate and strike it involves patience and it's very entertaining wen peeps r around watching you play they get involved by helping you out... smiley ma favorites are Splinter cell Black list and Metal gear solid V Phantom pain n Ghost recon future soilders... what's yours?
I didn't see any stealth games on your list. Not your fault sha, there hasn't been a good stealth game for some time now. Nowadays, devs are watering down the difficulty of games to attract newbies. I remember the good old days of Hitman: Blood Money, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Sly Cooper, Thief and Tenchu. All these games can make a grown man cry

1 Like

Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Kaycee7(m): 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2016
Izic00:

Most of these games r 1st person games cool, open world games r cool wif a cool gameplay and nice story line it'll keep u n ur sit 4 hrs enjoyed MGSV, GTAV, Red Dead Redemption but am lookin forward 2[b] Ghost Recon Wild lands[/b]...
You just dey wait. I have begun serious fasting and prayer to bind any devil that will cause that game not to live up to expectations. I desperately want that game to be everything Ubisoft promises and more. I want that tattooed guy to go down as one of the most memorable characters in gaming history.
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Kaycee7(m): 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
Silkmoth33:
To prove just how amazing the genre is! The game of the year awards have so far been going to RPGS. I'm talking back to back!
Why won't it be RPG? It has some of the best stories, if not the best stories in all gaming genres. And the role-playing gameplay hardly disappoints since it's not a genre with lazy devs.

BTW, I read Volition's new IP is not exactly Saint's Row 5 but Agents of Mayhem. It's said to be set in the same universe as Saint's Row though.
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
grin grin it's easier to understand the reason I'm excited about the new game when I write saint's row 5grin who in this place knows volition?

Agents of mayhem promises to be awesome

The new world is going to be centred in seoul, south Korea!
Kaycee7:
Why won't it be RPG? It has some of the best stories, if not the best stories in all gaming genres. And the role-playing gameplay hardly disappoints since it's not a genre with lazy devs.

BTW, I read Volition's new IP is not exactly Saint's Row 5 but Agents of Mayhem. It's said to be set in the same universe as Saint's Row though.
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Izic00(m): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
Kaycee7:
I didn't see any stealth games on your list. Not your fault sha, there hasn't been a good stealth game for some time now. Nowadays, devs are watering down the difficulty of games to attract newbies. I remember the good old days of Hitman: Blood Money, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Sly Cooper, Thief and Tenchu. All these games can make a grown man cry

I miss the PS2 dayz Shinobido, Tenchu, Onimusha, Genji... rili missed those Ninja n Samurai games y Dnt they bring them bk on PS3/4...
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Izic00(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2016
Kaycee7:
You just dey wait. I have begun serious fasting and prayer to bind any devil that will cause that game not to live up to expectations. I desperately want that game to be everything Ubisoft promises and more. I want that tattooed guy to go down as one of the most memorable characters in gaming history.

Geeezzz!!! That guy's Badass plus it seems he doesn't talk much just give gestures, if u've played GRFS then u'll feel d thrill waitin 4 GRWL Geeeezzz!!! This is sme game I can't wait 2 play I so luv stealth gamez
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 11, 2016
I love adventure and horror games they fill the body wit adrenaline
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Izic00(m): 7:53am On Jun 11, 2016
ThaCarter:
I love adventure and horror games they fill the body wit adrenaline

Have u tried playin deadspace r slient hill on PS3
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2016
Izic00:

Have u tried playin deadspace r slient hill on PS3
No
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Izic00(m): 8:20am On Jun 11, 2016
ThaCarter:
No

U shud their d most scariest games eva I knw abut...
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2016
Izic00:

U shud their d most scariest games eva I knw abut...
U re right. Dead Space is one scary game. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Macrophage(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
Stealth (Hitman, Thief, Splinter Cell, MGS, Alpha protocol, Deus Ex)
Detective games (The Sherlock Holmes series, The Raven, L A Noire)
Turn based strategy (Xcom)
Horror (Saw 1 & 2, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Dead Space, Outlast, Evil Within, Alien Isolation etc)
A few epic adventure games like the God of War series, The Souls series etc
With a few exceptions, I usually don't enjoy pure shooters.

1 Like

Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by mattmogan88: 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2016
I should hav said stealth cos of assassins creed bt HORROR na best and favourite genre because der are totally disturbing and thrilling.
games like ,silent hill,alone in the dark,evil within,saw and resident evil esp NEMESIS.

7DAYS SALVATION THRILL also
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Hansbireo(m): 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
Action: RPG and tps games.. apparently there's no game with great storyline.
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Izic00(m): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hansbireo:
Action: RPG and tps games.. apparently there's no game with great storyline.

Ur wrong dude!!! Go play d MGS series, Castlevaina 1n2, Beyong Two souls etc
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Hansbireo(m): 11:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
Izic00:

Ur wrong dude!!! Go play d MGS series, Castlevaina 1n2, Beyong Two souls etc

I have seen it bro.. loved it but i never played it on pc or playstation.. would get a ps 4 later
Re: Which Game Genre Do U Prefer? by Samtoby(m): 11:37am On Jun 15, 2016
I love Racing to the point that it's effecting me when am driving for real, that's y I don't drive again grin.

I love Open World games as well and War games (Shooting)... I strongly hate Sword games.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Strictly For Master League Players On Pes2009-who Is The Best Player You Have Unearthed? / The Cast Of Metal Gear Solid Movie? / Truth Or Dare Game For Nokia E71

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.