Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA (63483 Views)

Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / 10 Worst Things About Moving Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by onatisi(m): 7:55am On Oct 16, 2016
ashioba:
my dear brothers and sisters, pls I need your assistance, I want to travel to Ghana in about 2 weeks time, and I want to buy things to go and sell there , pls could you advise on goods to buy from Nigeria to Ghana , goods like foodstuff , or goods within the budget of #100,000 . pls kindly help with this info. thanks and God bless you all
are u going there for another thing but will also like to sell something while there or you are going there basically to sell things
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by ashioba: 8:18am On Oct 16, 2016
yes I want to go there basically to sell and come back
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by onatisi(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2016
ashioba:
yes I want to go there basically to sell and come back
Then forget it. 100k wont be enough.
Even transportation alone cost almost 25k.,cost of moving round Accra,secondly they may not even pay u on time ,you may have to wait for 1-2 weeks depending on the buyer. Money dey scarce In Ghana too ooo
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by ashioba: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
please, I intend bringing in things like palm oil, melon, ogbono, crayfish, etc please can u help me with their prices over there so as to compare with their Nigerian prices, I intend supplying them to their market women, thanks for your kind response. I have transportation money aside the 100,000 for the business, will it be enough?
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by onatisi(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
ashioba:
please, I intend bringing in things like palm oil, melon, ogbono, crayfish, etc please can u help me with their prices over there so as to compare with their Nigerian prices, I intend supplying them to their market women, thanks for your kind response. I have transportation money aside the 100,000 for the business, will it be enough?
I don't know about palm oil but I think melons and ogbono will be okay. At least the Nigeria community will buy from you.
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by ashioba: 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
thanks a lot, please could you help me find out the market price of palm oil, like 25litres
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by ashioba: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
is it possible to sell to those market women and get my money back instantly
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by onatisi(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
ashioba:
is it possible to sell to those market women and get my money back instantly
No No . This is what I always advice ppl,come first and see for urself . But to be on the safer side ,buy some electronic items like laptops and phones,you will sell them easily then you will get familiar with the currency,and also recover your capital back with some profit and during this time move into the market to do ur survey and market analysis
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by ashioba: 5:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
Thanks my brother
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by ashioba: 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
please which will sell easily, new or fairly used laptops/phones
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by ashioba: 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
please which will sell easily, new or fairly used laptops, phones
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by onatisi(m): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
Fairly used . But make sure they are good and clean. They love iphone 6 upwards ,laptops of high configuration. You don't even need to buy plenty just one laptop and one phone . Just to conserve ur money in. If you bring in cash you will spend it that is why I advice on electronic goods.
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by opejole: 8:36am On Dec 02, 2016
Rolly83:

Lol,very funny...You actually need a laptop, Internet connection & a printer(a small one,but if it's not available u can still start).

You can PM me I will send you few websites you can begin working with for a start.
hello bro,pls am also interested ooo.dis is my email opeyemiadebayor@yahoo.com
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by opejole: 8:48am On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=hamlak post=46657579]I could not resist the temptation to respond to this thread after reading from the beginning to the end. I found it strange that almost everyone was talking about how things were more expensive in Ghana than in Nigeria. What about USA, what about U.K. What about Australia? Are things not more expensive in those places? Yet don't we have many Nigerians living and doing well there. Costs is a relative thing. Some people I know in the US pay as much as $2500 as rent per month. What are you saying? Are we now going to say that this makes Nigeria better than USA?

Cost is a relative thing. What matters is whether you can afford it. The people living in Ghana (Ghanians and most foreigners who are non Nigerians) do not know about the cost of things in Nigeria. It is all a matter of what obtains in each country. They do not go pressing the calculator each time they want to buy things. Lets take for instance a man in the US where the cost of rent / housing is in thousands of dollars, are you saying that because average rent is cheaper in Nigeria, that makes Nigeria a better place?

Nobody is talking about the fact that in Ghana I do not have to be afraid that the Bus that I enter may not take me safely to my destination because the Driver and the other occupants may be Armed robbers, Kidnappers or people who slaughter people for the human parts they want. Nobody is talking about the fact that I can walk the streets here even at 12pm-1am midnight without anybody attacking and probably killing me. No one is talking about the fact that in the 12 years that I have been here from Nigeria, I have never heard a single gun shot. Nobody is talking about the fact that each day I am not scared that my kids who went to school may not come back because they have been kidnapped.

I am not saying that this place is without any problem, of course there will always be problems as far as we are in this earth. Each country has got its own problems. But what I am saying is that I came here and I loved it.

OP if you want to move to Ghana and you make at least $1000 per month, I will tell you that in Ghana you will live like a king. You may not even spend half of that if you are not extravagant since it appears you are still single and planning to come here alone. Some people wrote that you will need 500 Ghana cedis per month for rent. OP you can get a single room at 50-100 Ghana cedis per month depending on your location. It all depends on you.

If you do not have a job and you want to come to Ghana to look for a JOB, then I will tell you, hell NO. No job here and things are tough. But as an Internet marketer or someone who works and earns online, you will not have it hard. You are kind of independent and can live anywhere in the world. You know what you want. You want constant electricity, you want peace of mind, you want safety, etc. You know why you want to relocate. It is good that you asked, but ultimately you alone is the one to decide.

If you are in Ghana minding your business, no one will harass or molest you. Just like in any other country, the moment you go against the law is where you have problems. We as Nigerians says Ghanians do not like us. It is the same all over the world. Even our neighbors in Benin, and Cameroon do not like us. People in the US, U.K. South Africa and so on do not like Nigerians period. I even heard that Donald Trump said that if he wins the forthcoming US general election, he will send all Nigerians away from the US. We as people should ask ourselves, how did we get to this? Why is almost everyone scared on the name Nigeria? A food for thought for everyone of my country man / woman.

Ghana is not not like Nigeria in many ways. Forget the fact that we share the same colonial Master and speak same official language which is English. I am a Nigerian and spent the first 39 years of my life in Nigeria before moving out, so I know what I am talking about. I have tasted life in other countries and can speak from experience. If you slap someone here, and the person takes you to the police, you will be taken to the court and eventually end up in JAIL if you are not lucky. You will not get away with breaking the law in Ghana. You have to be careful.

Here if a girl is walking alone in a lonely path or street at say at about 12 midnight, if you as much as harass her and she raises an alarm, the people already asleep in their rooms nearby will come out and run after you and catch up with you. You will go to JAIL for attempted RAPE. So everyone is careful. Here someone can be jailed 90-120 yearssmiley That means a life and half jail term.
@hamlak i love ur post,u have said it all pls what advice cn u give ur broda,am a male stylist doing barbing of hair,nails,eyelashes nd some little thing on ladies hair?

7 Likes

Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by opejole: 8:54am On Dec 02, 2016
Venzal:
This puts everything in perspective. If you look at my op very well, you will realize that my mind was already made up before I created this thread. I just needed to find out a few things (which I have). Thanks for your amazing input, this has just helped push me over the fence cheesy

Btw, do you reside in Accra?
@venzal pls what is ur conclusn cos i have decided my mind also wit dis thread nd again am interested in dat online buz pls help ur bro
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by Demonicide(f): 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
onatisi:
Fairly used . But make sure they are good and clean. They love iphone 6 upwards ,laptops of high configuration. You don't even need to buy plenty just one laptop and one phone . Just to conserve ur money in. If you bring in cash you will spend it that is why I advice on electronic goods.
like how much do you think one can sell the phone and laptop you talked abt?
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by ashioba: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
Thanks so much for the information. Like how much is the selling price for the iPhone 6 over there?
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by aditoomuch: 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
Is it easy to break into the movie industry over there as a nigerian female?
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by Xpol: 1:27am On Dec 16, 2016
aditoomuch:
Is it easy to break into the movie industry over there as a nigerian female?
you no even dream small though nothing is impossible but never use tht as ur only reason of going
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by honestpoju: 11:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
Rolly83:

Hello, please I am also interested. do you mind if I send you a pm

Lol,very funny...You actually need a laptop, Internet connection & a printer(a small one,but if it's not available u can still start).

You can PM me I will send you few websites you can begin working with for a start.
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by imageghana(m): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hi My name is Kwame Kindly contact me on whats app +233546806650 for a chat on accommodation arrangements and information on how to settle in Ghana. We are at your service until you can find your feet. you can also call me on +233240140482.
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by Loluores: 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
[quote author=opejole post=51563761][/quote]

Exactly! Bad belle too dey worry some people sef for this thread. As if they are the OP's parents or something. Any reason is a good enough reason for a functioning adult member of society to want to move to another location and conduct his/her business. Well said, bro.
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by happymummy(f): 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
henrynick:

Look guy....I'm a Ghanaian but born in Nigeria ......just left GH about a week ago......my brother Ghana hard pass Sudan the economy is messed up and the cost of living is expensive compared to Nigeria ....utility bills went up to like 25% I use 10cedis from 6 pm to 7am the next morning which is almost 9k.....water bill nko.....transportation a liter of fuel is 3cedis 90p....that's like 300 naira ....look take it from me I've being in GH for 7 years Ghana is more messed up than Nigeria presently........the only thing you'll enjoy in Ghana is cheap call and data rates that's all any other thing nah zero

How is the security
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by opejole: 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
onatisi:
One thing u must realize is that moving out of Nigeria because of power supply is not a good reason. Because almost every country in the world have constant power supply ,power supply is the least on the worry list of 98% of countries work wide as it is considered a normal natural thing. With your profession,I think Togo will be ur best bet.
pls do u live in Togo?
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by enet1(m): 10:02pm On Dec 24, 2018
Good Evening all,

I will be visiting Ghana from tomorrow till Saturday with my wife. Please where are the fun places that I can visit at moderate rates and how cheap is transportation by chartered taxi/cab. Any more information that will make my vacation trip interesting will be appreciated.
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by chrisagyei: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2018
enet1:
Good Evening all,

I will be visiting Ghana from tomorrow till Saturday with my wife. Please where are the fun places that I can visit at moderate rates and how cheap is transportation by chartered taxi/cab. Any more information that will make my vacation trip interesting will be appreciated.
Refer to my previous post and contact me for all the help you need on whatsapp.By the way am a Ghanaian also.
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 30, 2019
hamlak:

Yes I am in Accra. Bro like you I was in Nigeria and trying to work online. I found that many of the companies online did not even have Nigeria among the list of Countries when you try registering. I had to relocate. And once outside, no one cared if i was a Nigerian as my address simply changed. I found I could easily register and order from Clickbank and simple stuffs like that. I have no regrets for that decision. I am fine in Accra.
abeg make i know u. I am in teshie, accra
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by hamlak(m): 1:52am On Feb 15, 2019
washingtonklef:
abeg make i know u. I am in teshie, accra

Sent you a mail.

Cheers!
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
hamlak:

Sent you a mail.
Cheers!
I can't view.. Add me on fb.. Adetogun samuel adeyinka
Re: I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA by emmadeking(m): 10:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
bank2k4real:

Pls ooo..as for the exchange rate
Its way different from what you see online

If you are withdrawing from the atm with your naija atm..you get 10 cedis to 1000 naira but if you are chaning at the border then 11 cedis to 1000 naira...pls take note at op

So if you go with 100k now...you getting either 1000 cedis or 1100 cedis

I do biz between naija ,togo and ghana so I know a lot...check my signature below
Please, do you know the current exchange rate?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua And Andy Ruiz Jr Meet In Saudi Arabia (photos) / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic / NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.