Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Wrong decision - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wrong decision (10133 Views)

Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! / Please Help! Did I Make A Wise Decision Or Was I Being Selfish? / He Wants Me Back: Wrong Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong decision by Gud1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2009
I knw many guys/ladies out there are dangling with similar situations like mine.

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by vanitty: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2009
You dated her for[b] five[/b] years all the while knowing you had no real intention of marrying her?
You will send her packing to where? Have you got kids?
If you feel trapped it is your own doing.

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2009
It seems like you (several of you) are marrying
for the wrong reasons. Marrying someone (anyone) just so
you won't be unmarried is a recipe for disaster.
Some of these bad decisions can't easily be fixed.
You are on the road to unhappiness and destruction.
I urge you to wake up and take responsibility for your actions. Clean it up.
You are no kid so you understand that you are going down a steep slope.
Don't end up a bitter alcoholic who blames everyone else for personal choices.
Trust me life is not easy, and spending it with the wrong person lipsrsealed
I pray that God will give you the strength to do the right thing and that it's not too late.

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by bhollu: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2009
mehn!!! ure in deep shit!!!wa t were u thinkingforget pressures from family and friends, u put urself in dese fucking mess and im afraid but ure stuck in dis. how could u date her for five years and u know u dont want to marry her5years!!!!! and u knew ure not gonna marry her u8 should know better dan to allow presures cos its not how long but how well, i always tell people, a broken heart in a broken relationship is far beta dan a broken marriage, im afraid its too late to pull out, just try and tolerate all her shit, dats wat it actually takes for a marriage to work, TOLERANCE!!!!! overlook mistakes. takea

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by candyshore: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2009
if u re christain there is nothing u can do now, than to tolerate her talk to her for better for worse o, u got to stick to her its ur cross carry it o. no other choice. just try to do nice things and be a good husband. things will work out with time

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by richard10: 2:24pm On Aug 26, 2009
@poster man i can understand perfectly what you are going through,the same thing happened to me,i used to think i was the only one in such situation but i would want you to try and work on your marriage and let it not end like mine(divorce)try and look at the good side of her,learn to tolerate her more and please dont compare her to anyone else,do try this and i am sure u will come to love her at least little by little,but let me ask does she love you?if she does my man,thats gold

2 Likes

Re: Wrong decision by Junee(f): 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2009
What is wrong with u Please make me understand.

I'm of the believe that men don't just marry just like that, even when they are pushed to marry, they marry whom their heart desires. . . Ooops my bad, i'm of the notion that its women that always have this problem due to attraction to luxury or just to bear a "mrs".

So u tagged along wit her for five years & couldn't be certain if she was ur ideal choice for a wife . . .Ahhh!
what were the things u were actually doing togetherthat made u court her for that long? , is it that u never loved her or did things together that u both cherish? There's more to this please elaborate.

Hey @ Poster
A man can never be pushed to marry whom he does not desire cool

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by touchmeder: 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2009
Gud1:

I know many guys/ladies out there are dangling with similar situations like mine. I got married to this lady because of my family pressure 2 marry her, after dating 4 five yrs. She was not the lady i intend 2 marry[b] but all because of the pressure 4rm friends, family and herself i put myself in this mess[/b]. I'm not happy in my house until when am out with friends, many at times i feel like sending her parking but 2 retain my parent respect in the public makes me to let her be. I really need your advise to be a happy man once again.

Since you bowed to pressure then and are still trying to retian your parents respect in the public, you will continue to bear this burden you willing allowed people put upon you.
Re: Wrong decision by Gud1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2009
Four gud years was a distance dating, we only once in a year. I was not with the intention to marry her, whom i really wish 2 have been marry was not accepted by my families, dispite my rejection i cant even figure out how it happened fast b4 i know the marriage has taking place. I've been rejecting the marriage even when it was four days 2 the D day, but my parents and some relations persuaded me 2 not disgrace the both families. On her part she truely loves me but am really far away 4rm her, becouse i dont even feel for her.

1 Like 1 Share

Four gud years was a distance dating, we only once in a year. I was not with the intention to marry her, whom i really wish 2 have been marry was not accepted by my families, dispite my rejection i cant even figure out how it happened fast b4 i know the marriage has taking place. I've been rejecting the marriage even when it was four days 2 the D day, but my parents and some relations persuaded me 2 not disgrace the both families. On her part she truely loves me but am really far away 4rm her, becouse i dont even feel for her.
Four gud years was a distance dating, we only see once in a year. I was not with the intention to marry her, whom i really wish 2 have been marry was not accepted by my families, dispite my rejection i cant even figure out how it happened fast b4 i know the marriage has taking place. I've been rejecting the marriage even when it was four days 2 the D day, but my parents and some relations persuaded me 2 not disgrace the both families. On her part she truely loves me but am really far away 4rm her, becouse i dont even feel for her.
Re: Wrong decision by MrCrackles(m): 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2009
^ Goodluck!
Re: Wrong decision by r231(m): 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
why did u show up on d wedding day
Re: Wrong decision by Radiant(f): 1:53am On Aug 27, 2009
Dude, u gotta be joking man! grin You don't feel shit for her and u married her? Who are ur parents that they can't be disgraced? What were u guys doin for 5 years anyway? Fucking mates?

Seriously, u must be kiddin or this story is not complete.

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by Fhemmmy: 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
Never marry someone cos of other people, cos they will not be the one to face the sad moments.
Never date a woman, if she is not your type of a wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wrong decision by Aproko(f): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2009
the reason you dated her for 5 years should keep you married to her , & you better treat her right cos shes your wife now!!!

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by hbabe(f): 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Never marry someone cos of other people, cos they will not be the one to face the sad moments.

True talk.

@OP
You married her to please your family and friends; and you do not want to send her packing cos of family and public reaction.  Then you have to learn how to manage your marriage,  learn to be happy and appreciate the good qualities in your wife.  Also talk to her about working on the attitudes you do not like in her.  Remember that it work both ways, you have to change your bad attitude too.  
It is either you do these or face your family and public; stand your ground and send her packing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong decision by Treetop20(m): 1:48am On Aug 28, 2009
you made your bed
now lay in it

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 28, 2009
lol, pissed, sorry.
Re: Wrong decision by Outstrip(f): 5:42am On Aug 28, 2009
What do you mean family pressure? Did they force you to trick her for 5 years? How can you be in a relationship for five years and say yourfamily pressured you to marry her. Don't you think that is a little wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Wrong decision by Fhemmmy: 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2009
Outstrip:

What do you mean family pressure? Did they force you to trick her for 5 years? How can you be in a relationship for five years and say yourfamily pressured you to marry her. Don't you think that is a little wicked.

How we wish the family could be here to come and tell us there own side of the story.
Re: Wrong decision by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2009
She was good enough to date for 4 years but not good enough to marry Duh!!

2 Likes

Re: Wrong decision by olanajim(m): 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2009
Mr. Poster,
Why is it impossible to make independent decision? Tell us you are tired of her and let us hear story!
Re: Wrong decision by xqwysyte(f): 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2009
U married her, u gatta stick with her.

If u married her cos u were worried bout wot her family would say, u better consider also wot they might say if u decide to send her packing,

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by Outstrip(f): 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2009
xqwysyte:

U married her, u gatta stick with her.

If u married her cos u were worried bout wot her family would say, u better consider also wot they might say if u decide to send her packing,

GBAM
Re: Wrong decision by TOPE20001(f): 11:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
Fhemmmy:

GBAM cool
Re: Wrong decision by lannre(m): 12:00am On Aug 29, 2009
More to your story. Its garbage in garbage out. If you did not tell us everything you wont get a good advise.
Re: Wrong decision by D1KeleVra(m): 12:06am On Aug 29, 2009
Boo hoo! 'i maried the wrong person'. . . write to Oprah! grin
Re: Wrong decision by Amaka1725(f): 12:10am On Aug 29, 2009
A lot of people crucifying this guy "might" end up like him grin
Re: Wrong decision by mohawkchic(f): 2:03am On Aug 29, 2009
~Learn To Love Her!!~

~You're so blinded by all the negative circumstances that brought about the marriage,you've not given yourself the chance of Loving her or feeling happy w/ her. . i'm sure there are things you like about her. . you said yourself she loves you. . if you feel obligated married to her,might as well make the most of it instead of spending the next few years miserable & making the life of your wife much more miserable!!

~Bear in mind for as long as you hold this resentment towards her for the decision you were supposedly foced to make. . you will not be happy!! For a minute,try to acknowledge how she muct be feeling knowing she's married to a man who doesnt love her!! Not a good feeling at all!! Try to make an effort. . little things make great impact. . . appreciate her. . .have you ever complimented her? acknowledge things she does for you? See her as a human being & not the source of your unhappiness!!

~If you know there's no way you can bring yourself to Love her,then I say grow some balls & face your parents w/ a decision to let her go. . Karma's a Bitch!!

1 Like

Re: Wrong decision by Secretz(f): 11:15am On Aug 29, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Learn To Love Her!!~

~You're so blinded by all the negative circumstances that brought about the marriage,you've not given yourself the chance of Loving her or feeling happy w/ her. . i'm sure there are things you like about her. . you said yourself she loves you. . if you feel obligated married to her,might as well make the most of it instead of spending the next few years miserable & making the life of your wife much more miserable!!

~Bear in mind for as long as you hold this resentment towards her for the decision you were supposedly foced to make. . you will not be happy!! For a minute,try to acknowledge how she muct be feeling knowing she's married to a man who doesnt love her!! Not a good feeling at all!! Try to make an effort. . little things make great impact. . . appreciate her. . .have you ever complimented her? acknowledge things she does for you? See her as a human being & not the source of your unhappiness!!

~If you know there's no way you can bring yourself to Love her,then I say grow some balls & face your parents w/ a decision to let her go. . Karma's a Bitch!!

Period! Couldn't have said it berra. grin
Re: Wrong decision by sikaz: 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2009
Just tell us you got married for the wrong reason,simple as that!

I've been married to my wife for 24 years now and we've had our ups
and downs yet we're still together enjoying the relationship.

If you've taken your time to study the partner you intend to get married to,then
you should not be regretting the whole affair today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She's A Grandmother -- At Age 23! / Get Protected From Bullet, Poison, Charm And Machete And Witchcraft Attack / How Do You Relate With A Jealous Close Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.