Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? (14931 Views)

Daily Pay Menial Jobs For Short Time Purpose / In Awka Anambra State, Need To Do Some Menial Jobs / Expatriates, Some Semi-skilled, Take Over Even Menial Jobs From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by miz4oxley(m): 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2009
Hi nairalanders in the UK,I will like to know more about getting a job or menial job as a student in the UK, Or a preferred location where you can get a better one kindly reply this post.I hope to read your replies cheers,
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by EAsY6: 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2009
why menial shocked? where about in Uk are ya?
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by iz2much: 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2009
@£a$y

I send my reveiw to Abuja cuz a applied from IB centre, plz do know any thing about that?
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by EAsY6: 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2009
@iz2much, how did you send it by the way?
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Aprilmay(f): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2009
Try and register with one or two agency , you can get some early morning jobs.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 28, 2009
hi guys am a civil servant in nijia having like 900 k savings and my ride like 700k and some parental support got an admission for msc computer sci from the university of wolverhampton would you advice me to leave my permant pensionable federal govt job am still new 1 year and am 28 yrs old for the u.k in the recession and lay off i watch on CNN in u.k,are job easily secured after graduation not menail jobs hoo!!!
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Onyeara: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2009
Alikote, am in Wolverhampton, could you pls drop me a line or email address, there is some thing i will like us to yarn about pls
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by OluMike2: 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2009
Aliko, i was in wolverhapton. believe me its not easy. even if u get a work like i did, its difficult studying and working at d same time. There is no automatic job waiting for u at the end of your study, dat is if u able to finish. believe me more than 70% of Nigerians dat went to Wolverhampton never graduate and they equally found it difficult to return to naija, because noting to fall back on. Only children of the abuja politicians or State Gov and commisioners or big time biz man. survive it easily. I know my advice will not sound popular to you, but i will say it all d same, keep ur job. Go to Uk for Holidays, visits and come back. I thank God i was able to recover back to Nigeria. Now am doing fine in Naija, I only visit UK once in a while, Think twice,

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Again2(m): 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2009
@Alikote,

Becareful, don't help anybody pick up any small bag or parcel from Nigeria, thats all i can say
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Again2(m): 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2009
Olu-Mike:

Aliko, i was in wolverhapton. believe me its not easy. even if u get a work like i did, its difficult studying and working at d same time. There is no automatic job waiting for u at the end of your study, dat is if u able to finish. believe me more than 70% of Nigerians dat went to Wolverhampton never graduate and they equally found it difficult to return to naija, because noting to fall back on. Only children of the abuja politicians or State Gov and commisioners or big time biz man. survive it easily. I know my advice will not sound popular to you, but i will say it all d same, keep your job. Go to Uk for Holidays, visits and come back. I thank God i was able to recover back to Nigeria. Now am doing fine in Naija, I only visit UK once in a while, Think twice,

U said all i wanted to say, hope he undertands it, i went through the system, its not easy 4sure
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by kadman(m): 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2009
Olu-Mike:

Aliko, i was in wolverhapton. believe me its not easy. even if u get a work like i did, its difficult studying and working at d same time. There is no automatic job waiting for u at the end of your study, dat is if u able to finish. believe me more than 70% of Nigerians dat went to Wolverhampton never graduate and they equally found it difficult to return to naija, because noting to fall back on. Only children of the abuja politicians or State Gov and commisioners or big time biz man. survive it easily. I[b] know my advice will not sound popular to you[/b], but i will say it all d same,  keep your job. Go to Uk for Holidays, visits and come back. I thank God i was able to recover back to Nigeria. Now am doing fine in Naija, I only visit UK once in a while, Think twice,

You are supposed to be a masters graduate ? With English like this no wonder you didn't do well in the UK. . .

@ Alikote, a job after graduation is not automatic anywhere in the world,that's what people fail to realise. But if you do can sort out your finance properly you would be glad you did an Msc. It's not all about automatic jobs,it's about long term goals and developing yourself.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by EAsY6: 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2009
lol @ kadman, I like where you hit the nail on head (a job after graduation is not automatic anywhere in the world)
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by erico2k2(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2009
@ Kadman
Dont you think you could have put your point accross without getting shorty with the post made by Olu-Mike?,
what he said there was the absolute truth, how you gonna work and sturday, it aint easy, just to let you know, even Uk citizens who borrow to go to school and payback after the finish and get a Job still have to work p/time,howmuch more of Nigerians who pay Internatinal student rate.

@ Poster, Stay and work in Nigeria got to Uk for Hols,that would be the best decision you ever made regarding JOBS and re location.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by kadman(m): 2:36pm On Sep 02, 2009
The poster asked about jobs after graduation,he said nothing about working and schooling,please don't discourage anyone because it didn't happen for you. Erico2k2, your own location says UK and you're here telling someone not to travel ?
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by iz2much: 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2009
what kinda job can get me 20pound per hour?
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by OluMike2: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ Kadman

That's quite an ignorant, silly and confused remark u have there, I dont know what advice some1 lyk u who hav never made it to the airport have to give. An advice is required from those who know and can advice with facts not from a day-dreamer lyk u. It is necessary to warn those with wrong impressions about travelling and working abroad. Nobody says dont travel abroad, but if you must, be well informed. Learn from those who have gone there before you. Not many still leaving abroad will give you an honest openioin as we are doing. My advice remains; If u can afford it go abroad and study, or go abroad for holidays and for bussiness. But if you have a well paying job here in Nigeria and you are comfortable keep your job. There is no wisdom in leaving certainty for uncertainty. It is not easier abroad.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by zmurda(m): 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2009
kadman:

You are supposed to be a masters graduate ? With English like this no wonder you didn't do well in the UK. . .

@ Alikote, a job after graduation is not automatic anywhere in the world,that's what people fail to realise. But if you do can sort out your finance properly you would be glad you did an Msc. It's not all about automatic jobs,it's about long term goals and developing yourself.

C'mmon matey, we are Nigerians, not speaking English like the queen is no guarantee you ain't smart enough to get a job.

That was some cheap pot shots you took dude. You should apologise to the gentle man!

iz2much:

what kinda job can get me 20pound per hour?

Hope you ain't thinking of menial jobs? You won't get 20 pounds per hour on those. For menial jobs it ranges from 5-9 pounds an hour. You might get over 12 pounds if you work as a security person/supervisor (more at night and weekends). I don't know how much things have changed really!
You could potentially make more money as an IT person, project consultant and myriad of other things!
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by deji2009(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2009
@miz4oxley to get a menial job in the Uk, you can look in your local newspapers, internet and register with agencies just like

someone has said. but you need no more than 15 hours a week(part-time) so it wont affect your studies.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by oadaji: 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2009
Alikote, you have to be very careful. things are not that rosy or sweet as fellow Nigerians here paint it to you guys back home and like you see on TV. At this moment I will advise you to remain in your job and only come to further your studies here when you are sure that if you decide to go back home there is something waiting for you.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by deji2009(m): 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2009
@miz4oxley just a bit of curiosity. are you in the UK at the moment or still in nigeria ?
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by PAININASS: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2009
oadaji:

Alikote, you have to be very careful. things are not that rosy or sweet as fellow Nigerians here paint it to you guys back home and like you see on TV. At this moment I will advise you to remain in your job and only come to further your studies here when you are sure that if you decide to go back home there is something waiting for you.
Aliko! here is the best advice for you,
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2009
@Poster, you can get menial jobs in the UK by registering in some agencies but mind you,u are restricted to only work for 20hrs a week during term time, to be honest,it is hard combining work and studies especially when doing an Msc programme,the coursework alone will surely take most of your time let alone doing a part time job, it depends on you anywais,if you can manage your time very well then u don't have a problem, as regarding Jobs after Graduation, as someone said, it is not automatic anywhere in the world,but don't ever look down on urself that because some people are not getting it you won't put in your best, i have applied to different organisations in the past  here in the UK and all the response i get was that am not suitable for the role but that didnt weigh me down, i kept applying till a day i got 2 great offers, just believe in yourself, on a lighter note am sure u know in some areas in the UK like Wales when applying for cleaning jobs u must show u have experience in cleaning cheesy, and also make sure u are ready to face panel even to sweep offices, Guy,u must be rugged if you want to survive in the UK grin

1 Like

Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by deji2009(m): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2009
Alikote, you have to be very careful. things are not that rosy or sweet as fellow Nigerians here paint it to you guys back home and like you see on TV. At this moment I will advise you to remain in your job and only come to further your studies here when you are sure that if you decide to go back home there is something waiting for you

precisely
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by koolchicco: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2009
Again2:

@Alikote,

Becareful, don't help anybody pick up any small bag or parcel from Nigeria, thats all i can say

ROTFLMAO
grin
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2009
Olu-Mike:

Aliko, i was in wolverhapton. believe me its not easy. even if u get a work like i did, its difficult studying and working at d same time. There is no automatic job waiting for u at the end of your study, dat is if u able to finish. believe me more than 70% of Nigerians dat went to Wolverhampton never graduate and they equally found it difficult to return to naija, because noting to fall back on. Only children of the abuja politicians or State Gov and commisioners or big time biz man. survive it easily. I know my advice will not sound popular to you, but i will say it all d same,  keep your job. Go to Uk for Holidays, visits and come back. I thank God i was able to recover back to Nigeria. Now am doing fine in Naija, I only visit UK once in a while, Think twice,
WTF shocked shocked shocked shocked
There is nowhere called Wolverhapton in the UK
It is Wolverhampton
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by mayordee(m): 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2009
lol @ MrCrackles grin
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2009
mayordee:

lol @ MrCrackles grin
It is true naw. .
How can someone live in Wolverhampton and not know how to spell the fucking darn name!
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by presido1: 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

WTF shocked shocked shocked shocked
There is nowhere called Wolverhapton in the UK
It is Wolverhampton

That is typo dude.

@Poster Wolves is a small city it is even hard to get menial job everywhere in UK now. Follow your heart nothing good comes easy.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2009
presido1:

That is typo dude.
Oho oooo. . .Typo
I don hear. . . .Infact i laugh in swahili! grin
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by remoranger(m): 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2009
@kadman

what is wrong with you?
kadman:

@ Alikote, a job after graduation is not automatic anywhere in the world,that's what people fail to realise. [b]But if you do can sort [/b]out your finance properly you would be glad you did an Msc. It's not all about automatic jobs,it's about long term goals and developing yourself.

what of this bombshell? chill out bro. it's a forum not a "do you know i dined with the queen last week joint" okay?
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by CarlosVent(m): 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2009
getting a good job here is far better.
Re: How To Get Menial Jobs In The Uk? by Hesperus(m): 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2009
mayordee:

lol @ MrCrackles grin

Mayordee, you de Cardiff for real?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customer Care Officer At Standard chartered Bank / 7 Jobs Being Taken By Technology / 300k Job In Lagos Or 120k Job In Nasarawa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.