Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out (3193 Views)

EBSU 2017/2018 Post-UTME Application Form Is Out, Cut-Off Mark Is 160 / ABU Zaria - 2016/2017 Postgraduate Application Form Is Out / ANSU COOU 2016/2017 Post Utme Screening Form Is Officially Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by Parkac(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2016
The University of Port Harcourt wishes to invite candidates who chose the University as their first choice in the 2016 JAMB UTME and who had a minimum score of 180 to apply for the 2016/2017 Post-UTME Screening Exercise.

METHOD OF APPLICATION

1) Eligible/Cleared candidates are to visit www.uniport.edu.ng and input UTME Registration Number to Confirm pre-loaded UTME details and Print slip for payment.
2) Proceed to any of the following Banks (with e-Transact platform) and make payment of N2,000.00 (Excluding Bank and Access Charges, Processing fee and Result checking):
Fidelity Bank Plc, UBA Plc, First Bank Plc, Access Bank Plc, Ecobank Plc, FCMB and U&C Microfinance Bank.
3) Obtain e-Transact receipt showing an Access Code from the Bank teller confirming the payment.
4) Proceed back online at http://my2.uniport.edu.ng/ to login with your UTME Registration Number and the Access Code on the payment slip from Wednesday 15th June, 2016 to register.
5) Click on the submit button and print Photo Card for examination clearance. Note the date and time of the screening schedules on the Photo card.
Candidates who fail to register within the stipulated registration deadline will not be eligible to participate in the screening exercise.

SCREENING DETAILS
The schedules for the of the screening Exercise are as indicated below;

Thursday, 30th June, 2016 Pharmacy/Agriculture/Education
Friday, 1st July, 2016 Humanities
Saturday, 2nd July, 2016 Management Sciences
Monday, 4th July, 2016 Engineering
Tuesday, 5th July, 2016 Sciences/SSLT
Wednesday, 6th July, 2016 Social Sciences
Thursday, 7th July, 2016 Physiology/Anatomy/Dentistry/Nursing
Friday, 8th July, 2016 Medicine and Surgery (1)
Saturday, 9th July, 2016 Medicine and Surgery (2)

Screening starts 7am daily. Candidates are required to come with the following;
(i) A clear copy of the Photo card printed online.
(ii) A Pen.

NOTE:
a) Inconsistency in name or picture on Photo Card is not acceptable to the University and may lead to disqualification of defaulting candidate.
b) Candidates’ names on their O’level Certificates, UTME results and other registration documents must be the same.
Mobile phones, Ipad, Ipod, Walkman and similar gadgets or any extraneous materials are not allowed into the screening venue or environs.
c) Candidates are to report to the designated screening venues at the same time scheduled on the Photo Card or risk summary disqualifiaction from the exercise.

CLOSING DATE
Candidates must apply within the registration period as the online link for the application form will be disabled at Midnight on Friday, 24th June, 2016.
Parents and Guardians as well as uninvited security agents will not be allowed into campus on the days of the Screening Exercise.

Source: http://campusportalng.com/uniport/uniport-post-utme-form/28800/

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by vicky6855(f): 8:51am On Jun 07, 2016
I thought post utme was scrapped.. I mean no more exams
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by amulet: 8:56am On Jun 07, 2016
this is serious!
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by jaymejate: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2016
Kikikiki grin

Nobody de listen to FG again, i mean the Universities wouldn't want to listen and follow the orders of confused people cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by mohat122(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2016
Strange.....isn't, Nigeria for u
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by otokx(m): 9:16am On Jun 07, 2016
lies, Uniport is not even in session due to student unrest.
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by Parkac(m): 9:23am On Jun 07, 2016
otokx:
lies, Uniport is not even in session due to student unrest.
Go and read the Guardian Newspaper of June 6th before you start your i-too-know. And what has students' unrest got to do with Admission screening? Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 07, 2016
What is unreasonable is simply senseless, not everybody will listen to the clueless suggestion of a mallam, I expect other schools to follow suit.After what JAMB did this year, these candidates deserve a fighting chance. For all those who are scared of post utme exams, I hope it's not too late to change to Eksu and it's league of schools till they find a good Samaritan to tutor them on comprehension one more time, starting with them that ' should' and ' must' mean different things.

2 Likes

Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by DrUche3(m): 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
. gringringrin Joke of the century!
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by DrUche3(m): 3:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
Parkac:

Go and read the Guardian Newspaper of June 6th before you start your i-too-know. And what has students' unrest got to do with Admission screening? Nawa o
Sir, pls be sure of people's profile before countering them next time, especially in public forums...#just_an_advice thanks.
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by promise4040: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
DrUche3:

Sir, pls be sure of people's profile before countering them next time, especially in public forums...#just_an_advice thanks.
who you be sef?? Somebody gave u a piece of advice to confirm an info and u have the guts to threaten him! My friend gerarahere. E-diat
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by DrUche3(m): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
promise4040:
who you be sef?? Somebody gave u a piece of advice to confirm an info and u have the guts to threaten him! My friend gerarahere. E-diat
I am Dr. Uche... "I comment my reserve"... Lol grin grin grin
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by promise4040: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
DrUche3:
I am Dr. Uche... "I comment my reserve"... Lol grin grin grin
Better
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by Parkac(m): 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2016
promise4040:
You shouldn't have wasted your time replying the "doc". Nairaland doesn't have an age restriction like Facebook that stops under 13s.

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by DrUche3(m): 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
Parkac:

You shouldn't have wasted your time replying the "doc". Nairaland doesn't have an age restriction like Facebook that stops under 13s.
gringringrin My dear friend, the END of a matter justifies it all! Just wait patiently... Meanwhile, I hope you're aware that NUC has reiterated that the ORDER be strictly adhered to Vanguard will ofcourse do their job gringringrin
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by promise4040: 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
DrUche3:

gringringrin My dear friend, the END of a matter justifies it all! Just wait patiently... Meanwhile, I hope you're aware that NUC has reiterated that the ORDER be strictly adhered to Vanguard will ofcourse do their job gringringrin
it is obvious u don't know universities have senate who have the sole right to admit candidates in any way they want. Even prof dibu said screening is neccessary and i believe screening comes in any form, weda written or oral. U can't deny d fact that this year's jamb exam was a sham, where a candidate posseses more than one result, again where expectations were crushed as a result of computer hitches. This resulted in mass protest. The reason for PUME is to separate the chaff from the wheat,it ensures quality Schools should have some level of autonomy. So my dear prepare well o!! Don't be lazy.

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by Jhnpaul: 7:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
dy said screening did dy say exam?

1 Like

Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by potolistic(m): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
Guess port Harcourt is now under biafra... That's why the Nigerian government has no power over them
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by harpy4(m): 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by amulet: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2016
potolistic:
Guess port Harcourt is now under biafra... That's why the Nigerian government has no power over them
u guessed wrong ....
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by DrUche3(m): 11:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
Jhnpaul:
dy said screening did dy say exam?
I wonder if they listen to/read their own news with Sapele Water... grin grin grin
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by DrUche3(m): 12:02am On Jun 09, 2016
promise4040:
it is obvious u don't know universities have senate who have the sole right to admit candidates in any way they want. Even prof dibu said screening is neccessary and i believe screening comes in any form, weda written or oral. U can't deny d fact that this year's jamb exam was a sham, where a candidate posseses more than one result, again where expectations were crushed as a result of computer hitches. This resulted in mass protest. The reason for PUME is to separate the chaff from the wheat,it ensures quality Schools should have some level of autonomy. So my dear prepare well o!! Don't be lazy.

Yes, to an extent, JAMB 2016 was a sham but is it the first time Post UTME no doubt has it's relevance too... During my time, I doubted my JAMB score and crossed my mind to prove my point with the post UTME which I did...

Bottom line: JAMB need to step up their game, subsequent screening by institutions would no longer be written exams and students should as well read for their lives and reduce social media times...

Let me also put it to you that if University Senates had the sole right to admissions, courses like Dentistry would have had up to 100 People per University and EKSU wouldn't have suspended their PUTME registration... In a nutshell, it's an order from the higher ministry and cannot be flouted... I rest my case.
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by DrUche3(m): 12:26am On Jun 09, 2016
harpy4:
Oberendu! Sharap there! Lol
Who is this one undecided
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by promise4040: 9:51am On Jun 09, 2016
DrUche3:

Yes, to an extent, JAMB 2016 was a sham but is it the first time Post UTME no doubt has it's relevance too... During my time, I doubted my JAMB score and crossed my mind to prove my point with the post UTME which I did...

Bottom line: JAMB need to step up their game, subsequent screening by institutions would no longer be written exams and students should as well read for their lives and reduce social media times...

Let me also put it to you that if University Senates had the sole right to admissions, courses like Dentistry would have had up to 100 People per University and EKSU wouldn't have suspended their PUTME registration... In a nutshell, it's an order from the higher ministry and cannot be flouted... I rest my case.
well said. That school senate has the right to admit candidate does not mean they should be reckless about it. They work with different bodies like the Nigerian medical and dental association that tell institutions the numba of medical student they want. On EKSU, i think ignorance is playing cuz they misunderstood what screening means. You said it all that jamb needs to step up and that u only proved ur mettle thru post-UTME.That's it! So until jamb steps up screening shld continue to separate the chaff from the wheat. Imagine pegging cut-off at 180 where 1.2 million qualified,the only way is screening cuz those who had high score are aware they were just lucky. If i give u 20k,the only way to confirm is to cross check. Thats wat schools are asking for. It is not a sin to screen for competence. Nice day!
Re: UNIPORT 2016/2017 Post-utme Application Form Is Officially Out by DrUche3(m): 12:45am On Jun 10, 2016
promise4040:
well said. That school senate has the right to admit candidate does not mean they should be reckless about it. They work with different bodies like the Nigerian medical and dental association that tell institutions the numba of medical student they want. On EKSU, i think ignorance is playing cuz they misunderstood what screening means. You said it all that jamb needs to step up and that u only proved ur mettle thru post-UTME.That's it! So until jamb steps up screening shld continue to separate the chaff from the wheat. Imagine pegging cut-off at 180 where 1.2 million qualified,the only way is screening cuz those who had high score are aware they were just lucky. If i give u 20k,the only way to confirm is to cross check. Thats wat schools are asking for. It is not a sin to screen for competence. Nice day!

OK you too... we all need the best and nothing but the best. Although JAMB will always have issues ranging from poor network, system misbehaviours or even standardization of scores etc. From experience, UNIPORT PUTME is purely ones performance... No score standardization of any sort and score is displayed on the screen instantly... if Jamb can upgrade to this then we can give them a well deserved thumbs up but until then, their would still be elements of doubt.

My point is PUTME would not be necessary if JAMB is tremendously improved. We're invariably saying the same thing but I don't agree with u on the point that EKSU's mgt. acted out of ignorance. Prof. Dibu said plainly that UNIS can conduct other forms of screening but not written examinations, hence no need for PUTME registration which of course requires payment.

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Medical Schools In Nigeria / Fupre Oral Interview List Is Out / UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.