Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Christianity: Unconditional Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity: Unconditional Love (4151 Views)

A Gospel of TRUTH, UNITY & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE / God's Unconditional Love For Us. / If God's Love Is Unconditional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity: Unconditional Love by udatso: 11:04am On Jun 07, 2016
The Webster dictionary defines unconditional as
not limited in any way : complete and absolute

According to Wikipedia Unconditional love is known as affection without any limitations, it can also be love without conditions. This term is sometimes associated with other terms such as true altruism, or complete love.

Based on my confrontations with Christians, I have come to realise that the meanings of some English words might be explained differently or according to the Bible which may not be exactly what it is in English language.

On multiple occasions, many Christians usually ask Muslims to prove that there's love in the Quran, or love for the unbelievers. When the proof is brought forth, we are further requested to bring proof of unconditional love.
In most cases, we have made them understand that even though God loves all (evident in his Mercies, favours, provisions....for all Muslims or non Muslims ), the unbelievers would be punished if they die as unbelievers. This is usually followed by the Christians preaching unconditional love....how God loves the sinner, non Christians and all. These comments bring us to some very disturbing questions

1. What is unconditional love in Christianity ?

2. If there's punishment for non Christians for not accepting Christ as their personal lord and Savior, is it still right to call this love unconditional?

3. If there Isn't punishment for non Christians , why bother preaching the word of God to them if at the end of the day, we all make heaven?

I will stop here for now. Your answers might trigger other questions

It would be much appreciated if these answers are provided with biblical verses

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by udatso: 11:10am On Jun 07, 2016
Cc:tola9ja Rilwayne001 Empiree Demmzy15 Ypeace Lexiconkabir Carinmom Sino vedaxcool Tartar9 Mustymatic Yazach haffaze777
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by udatso: 11:14am On Jun 07, 2016
Cc: Parisbookadict truthman2012 true2god Olaadegbu ifeann Annunaki malvisguy212 ayoku77 Pastorkun. .....

Please call out your other brothers and sisters, your attention is needed here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by vedaxcool(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2016
udatso:

According to Wikipedia Unconditional love is known as affection without any limitations, it can also be love without conditions. This term is sometimes associated with other terms such as true altruism, or complete love.

Based on my confrontations with Christians, I have come to realise that the meanings of some English words might be explained differently or according to the Bible which may not be exactly what it is in English language.

On multiple occasions, many Christians usually ask Muslims to prove that there's love in the Quran, or love for the unbelievers. When the proof is brought forth, we are further requested to bring proof of unconditional love.
In most cases, we have made them understand that even though God loves all (evident in his Mercies, favours, provisions....for all Muslims or non Muslims ), the unbelievers would be punished if they die as unbelievers. This is usually followed by the Christians preaching unconditional love....how God loves the sinner, non Christians and all. These comments bring us to some questions

2. If there's punishment for non Christians for not accepting Christ as their personal lord and Savior, is it still right to call this love unconditional?

3. If there Isn't punishment for non Christians , why bother preaching the word of God to Christians if at the end of the day, we all make heaven?

Our Christian friends do the needful and respond to the above question.

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Rilwayne001: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2016
Patiently waiting! smiley

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
Following
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by malvisguy212: 3:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
udatso:
Cc: Parisbookadict truthman2012 true2god Olaadegbu ifeann Annunaki malvisguy212 ayoku77 Pastorkun. .....

Please call out your other brothers and sisters, your attention is needed here.
what you said in the op, that's not how bible explain unconditional love. Do you Love your wife ? Unconditional ? If yes, why do you divorce ? Biblical speaking, unconditional love is when christ die for our sin irrespective of our behavior, Good or Bad. Christ die for us while we were YET sinner. The bible say "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" if God love is unconditional, WHY FEAR GOD ? Because He judge SIN. He punish Law breakers. Unconditional love does NOT say God should ignore sin, but instead FIND A WAY TO FORGIVE SIN PRIOR TO FINAL JUDGMENT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Rilwayne001: 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
what you said in the op, that's not how bible explain unconditional love. Do you Love your wife ? Unconditional ? If yes, why do you divorce ? Biblical speaking, unconditional love is when christ die for our sin irrespective of our behavior, Good or Bad. Christ die for us while we were YET sinner. The bible say "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" if God love is unconditional, WHY FEAR GOD ? Because He judge SIN. He punish Law breakers. Unconditional love does NOT say God should ignore sin, but instead FIND A WAY TO FORGIVE SIN PRIOR TO FINAL JUDGMENT.

And then, that is not in line with the real definition of what unconditional love means. Perhaps your Bible was saying some other things and not unconditional love.

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by vedaxcool(m): 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
[s]what you said in the op, that's not how bible explain unconditional love. Do you Love your wife ? Unconditional ? If yes, why do you divorce ? Biblical speaking, unconditional love is when christ die for our sin irrespective of our behavior, Good or Bad. Christ die for us while we were YET sinner. The bible say "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" if God love is unconditional, WHY FEAR GOD ? Because He judge SIN. He punish Law breakers. Unconditional love does NOT say God should ignore sin, but instead FIND A WAY TO FORGIVE SIN PRIOR TO FINAL JUDGMENT[/s].

Answer the Question in the following format:

3. If there Isn't punishment for non Christians , why bother preaching the word of God to Christians if at the end of the day, we all make heaven?

Notice how they are hiding but change the title to something about muslims you will see these trolls in overload mode

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by malvisguy212: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
vedaxcool:

Answer the Question in the following format:

Notice how they hiding but change the title to something about muslims you will see these trolls in overload mode
malvisguy212:
FIND A WAY TO FORGIVE SIN PRIOR TO FINAL JUDGMENT.
Re-read my post one more time.
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by malvisguy212: 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
Rilwayne001:

And then, that is not in line with the real definition of what unconditional love means. Perhaps your Bible was saying some other things and not unconditional love.
What is unconditional Love ? Biblical speaking. And how does the quran explain it ?
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Rilwayne001: 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
What is unconditional Love ? Biblical speaking. And how does the quran explain it ?

We don't have to start another discussion aside from what the op asked. You are expected to answer the question asked which to the best of my knowledge you are yet to answer.

Please no derailing.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by vedaxcool(m): 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
Re-read my post one more time.

It is garbage that doesn't address the question, why are you responding generally to specifically stated questions? Don't let us think you are scared and hiding like a cat.
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by yazach: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
@Rilwayne001 help me book a chair beside you let me see what those yeye people will be vomiting

2 Likes

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Rilwayne001: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
yazach:
@Rilwayne001 help me book a chair beside you let me see what those yeye people will be vomiting

Lol... Of course it is done.
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by malvisguy212: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
vedaxcool:

It is garbage that doesn't address the question, why are you responding generally to specifically stated questions? Don't let us think you are scared and hiding like a cat.
the op said website dictionary, what does it imply here ? Is dictionary bible ? That why in my post I keep on repeating it "biblical speaking" dictionary is not bible. So because God love is unconditional , God should not judge sin ? Very funny muslims.
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Rilwayne001: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
the op said website dictionary, what does it imply here ? Is dictionary bible ? That why in my post I keep on repeating it "biblical speaking" dictionary is not bible. So because God love is unconditional , God should not judge sin ? Very funny muslims.

I already asked whether the Bible was saying something different from the meaning of 'unconditional love'.. So in essence, whenever we see word like LOVE in the bible, it doesn't necessarily mean the English word known to us.

Okay have a nice day.

Allow truth man and co say their own.
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by udatso: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
Could you please quote the question one after the other and answer them. I wouldn't want us mixing things up. Thanks
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by udatso: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
Yeah. That's why am open to the biblical definition of unconditional love. Does God judge sin or the sinner? Please answer this question if and only if you are done with the rest
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by malvisguy212: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
Rilwayne001:

We don't have to start another discussion aside from what the op asked. You are expected to answer the question asked which to the best of my knowledge you are yet to answer.

Please no derailing.
I give what the bible say about unconditional love and you say that's not it, so I ask, what's unconditional love ?
udatso:

Yeah. That's why am open to the biblical definition of unconditional love. Does God judge sin or the sinner? Please answer this question if and only if you are done with the rest
God judge sin.
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by malvisguy212: 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
This thread must have hit the op so hard https://www.nairaland.com/2541133/what-love-quran
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by malvisguy212: 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
udatso:

Could you please quote the question one after the other and answer them. I wouldn't want us mixing things up. Thanks
I don't know how to quote post by post. But wait, are you trying to say God Love is not unconditional because the quran does not thought unconditional love ? Or do you think God will ignore sins because his love is unconditional ? Context give meaning in every explanation, you cannot mix the context in which God judge sin with the one He talk about unconditional love, NO my friend. Just because you Love your wife unconditional does not mean you will not punish her if she do evil.
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Scholar8200(m): 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
udatso:

In most cases, we have made them understand that even though God loves all (evident in his Mercies, favours, provisions....for all Muslims or non Muslims ), the unbelievers would be punished if they die as unbelievers. This is usually followed by the Christians preaching unconditional love....how God loves the sinner, non Christians and all. These comments bring us to some very disturbing questions

3. If there Isn't punishment for non Christians , why bother preaching the word of God to them if at the end of the day, we all make heaven?

I wish you got a quote from those who used the term, at least that's where I would have loved to start from. What I know is that of Grace that we do not work for nor deserve but when received (by Faith in Jesus Christ) transforms our lives. This Grace is unlimited - not given by measure nor with prejudice.

Would you mind telling us which passage your respondents normally coin that term-unconditional love -from?

But considering the Love of God, I would refer you to the parable of the prodigal son.

Did the father love the prodigal son? Yes! Did the father's love prevent the prodigal from the consequences of his decision? NO! If the prodigal had refused to return to the father and died in the field among the swines, do we blame the father for not loving the prodigal son as a father should? NO!
But the prodigal returns to the father and we see a Love that yearns after the rebellious and does all possible to influence his decision homewards but remember, he is a free moral agent and the Father will not violate that principle by use of force !

Does God love those who rejects Christ? Yes. Does His Love mean He will alter His Justice to accommodate their rebellion? NO (else satan deserves an unreserved apology and a reinstatement!). If a man rejects God's revelation about Jesus and dies and finds himself in the devil's destination, who do we blame? The man!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by udatso: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
I don't know how to quote post by post. But wait, are you trying to say God Love is not unconditional because the quran does not thought unconditional love ? Or do you think God will ignore sins because his love is unconditional ? Context give meaning in every explanation, you cannot mix the context in which God judge sin with the one He talk about unconditional love, NO my friend. Just because you Love your wife unconditional does not mean you will not punish her if she do evil.
Oh come on malvisguy212, you have been in Nairaland for not less than 3 years and you still don't know how to quote. Well let me help you out. Input the text in between the tags ([quote][/quote]) Without the brackets.
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by malvisguy212: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
Scholar8200:

I wish you got a quote from those who used the term, at least that's where I would have loved to start from. What I know is that of Grace that we do not work for nor deserve but when received (by Faith in Jesus Christ) transforms our lives. This Grace is unlimited - not given by measure nor with prejudice.

Would you mind telling us which passage your respondents normally coin that term-unconditional love -from?

But considering the Love of God, I would refer you to the parable of the prodigal son.

Did the father love the prodigal son? Yes! Did the father's love prevent the prodigal from the consequences of his decision? NO! If the prodigal had refused to return to the father and died in the field among the swines, do we blame the father for not loving the prodigal son as a father should? NO!
But the prodigal returns to the father and we see a Love that yearns after the rebellious and does all possible to influence his decision homewards but remember, he is a free moral agent and the Father will not violate that principle by use of force !

Does God love those who rejects Christ? Yes. Does His Love mean He will alter His Justice to accommodate their rebellion? NO (else satan deserves an unreserved apology and a reinstatement!). If a man rejects God's revelation about Jesus and dies and finds himself in the devil's destination, who do we blame? The man!
YESSS, the prodigal son, exactly, thank you my brother. God bless. Long time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by udatso: 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
Scholar8200:

I get your point perfectly sir. What you are saying is that Even though God loves us all, those unrepentant disobedient ones will be punished and this doesn't in any way take away His love. This means this love is conditional (only for the worthy) . It's the effect of their actions. This is what Muslims believe in too. Am glad we arrived at this conclusion .

Modified

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Scholar8200(m): 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
YESSS, the prodigal son, exactly, thank you my brother. God bless. Long time.
Indeed, long time! God bless you too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by malvisguy212: 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2016
udatso:

Oh come on malvisguy212, you have been in Nairaland for not less than 3 years and you still don't know how to quote. Well let me help you out. Input the text in between the tags () Without the brackets.
alright. Thank you.
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Demmzy15(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
*Breaks into the thread with an RPG!
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Demmzy15(m): 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
yazach:
¬Bros I dey above your head o grin

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Rilwayne001: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
Demmzy15:
*Breaks into the thread with an RPG!

We ain't playing modern combat here sire grin
Re: Christianity: Unconditional Love by Ranchhoddas: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
I'll advise the OP not to expect any reasonable answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Both Belief In God And Belief In Evolution Are Based On Faith--watchtower / If Eternal Torment Is True, Then Where Is This Plain Teaching In The Tenach / Does Our Worship Benefit God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.