Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Nairaland Having Issues - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Having Issues (4708 Views)

How About Nairaland Having A Face With Moniker / I Am Having Issues Using My ATM Card For Online Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Having Issues by somehowpenis(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2016
Hello seun , I don't understand this has been happening for sometime now and it's frustrating sometimes, this happens only with Nairaland.. Sometimes i will just be browsing and as soon as i click to come on nairaland i encounter a redirecting error issue with safari on iphone, i will put pics below.. I thought it was a browser problem i then tried googling the issue and saw some stuffs saying cookies and contacting the site owner, I downloaded google Chrome and saw almost same error, I downloaded ucweb and it worked fine, i tried safari again and got same error hmm.. I don't know , please fix whatever issue it is cos i d love to go back to my safari.. Also sometimes i get an error green message when browsing nairaland... Seun please fix.. Pics below

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by Seun(m): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2016
Sorry. It has something to do with your ISP. We will keep investigating.
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by Nicolars(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2016
Seun, I also have an issue with nairaland

Whenever I'm using operamini, and I click on any thread or name or anything, the former page just reloads and that's all

It will happen for a while then I'll have to open another tab and start all over
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by Ebubeslym(m): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
Nicolars:
Seun, I also have an issue with nairaland

Whenever I'm using operamini, and I click on any thread or name or anything, the former page just reloads and that's all

It will happen for a while then I'll have to open another tab and start all over
you not alone on this.
Sometimes when i click on a thread from the home page, I'll end up opening another thread below or above the one i clicked.
Its frustrating.
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by somehowpenis(m): 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
Thanks for the action Seun, i noticed this now with Safari, if i click on followed topics or any other segment of nairaland it works fine but when i click the bold green NAIRALAND up top that takes one to the homepage I encounter the very redirecting error hmm.. Might be homepage issue?? This is that error i told you of..

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by PhonePlanet(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
Seun:
He is not the only one, only opera mini opens nairaland.com directly on mobile.

Apart from that every other nairaland links open and I use https://www.nairaland.com/home#featured to access fp

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by Seun(m): 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
None of these failed requests actually reach our servers.
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by ZUBY77(m): 6:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
Things like this happens especially with any site that uses CDN.
Just refresh and refresh, it usually returns within seconds.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by PhonePlanet(m): 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
Seun:
None of these failed requests actually reach our servers.
Try accessing nairaland.com from your mobile browser
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by PhonePlanet(m): 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
ZUBY77:
Things like this happens especially with any site that uses CDN.
Just refresh and refresh, it usually returns within seconds.
Refreshed like 20 times, nothing changed
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by ZUBY77(m): 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Refreshed like 20 times, nothing changed

Then your ISP has something to do with it.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by PhonePlanet(m): 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
With another browser

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by AjayiWrites: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
@Seun, I think you need to do an overall maintance of NL.. The errors are getting too much, maybe you will find time to access it and correct the bug once for all, for example, nairaland.com can't open on its own again unless i used www.nairaland.com/home and it can be very annoying or you see something like this on the attached..

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by PhonePlanet(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
ZUBY77:

Then your ISP has something to do with it.
According to chrome, nothing is wrong on my path
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by weblord1900: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
Seun:

looking at the screenshot, they guy is using airtel network but for me I'm using MTN and am experiencing the same error .
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by Adesiji77: 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
Seun:

Well...maybe, maybe not. The site goes offline too frequently these days angry
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by ZUBY77(m): 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
PhonePlanet:

According to chrome, nothing is wrong on my path

Really, Chrome told you that?
Did you ask them what the problem was?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by obo389(m): 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
so am not the only one on this? i use opera and mine bounces back when clicking on a thread.
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by PhonePlanet(m): 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
ZUBY77:

Really, Chrome told you that?
Did you ask them what the problem was?

This web page has a redirect loop

LessReload
The web page at http://www.nairaland.com/ has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your device.
Learn more about this problem.
Error code: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
This web page has a redirect loop

LessReload
The web page at http://www.nairaland.com/ has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your device.
Learn more about this problem.
Error code: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by tulipsmadra: 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
Ebubeslym:

you not alone on this.
Sometimes when i click on a thread from the home page, I'll end up opening another thread below or above the one i clicked.
Its frustrating.

I thought I was the only one here its so annoying all throughout last week I experienced it.
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by somehowpenis(m): 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2016
Seun actually this morning it got worse.. Now i am forced to stick with ucweb, every other browser bounces up with one error or the other.. Some minutes back i tried safari with it, it opened but the pages were stripped.. Ucweb opens it fine but other browsers either redirects, strip the page or give an error message.. Below is pic of the stripped page..

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by Seun(m): 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
So sorry.
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by ireneony(f): 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
somehowpenis:
Hello se.un , I don't understand this has been happening for sometime now and it's frustrating sometimes, this happens only with Nairaland.. Sometimes i will just be browsing and as soon as i click to come on nairaland i encounter a redirecting error issue with safari on iphone, i will put pics below.. I thought it was a browser problem i then tried googling the issue and saw some stuffs saying cookies and contacting the site owner, I downloaded google Chrome and saw almost same error, I downloaded ucweb and it worked fine, i tried safari again and got same error hmm.. I don't know , please fix whatever issue it is cos i d love to go back to my safari.. Also sometimes i get an error green message when browsing nairaland... Se.un please fix.. Pics below
refresh it again..it will work.
It works for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by somehowpenis(m): 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
ireneony:
refresh it again..it will work.
It works for me.
i have refreshed close to 15times and it doesn't, most times, it comes and goes immediately.. But ucweb seems to be working fine but i hate the browser
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by Seun(m): 3:15pm On Jun 08, 2016
somehowpenis:
i have refreshed close to 15times and it doesn't, most times, it comes and goes immediately.. But ucweb seems to be working fine but i hate the browser
Try www.nairaland.com/home
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by Omotayor123(f): 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
ireneony:
refresh it again..it will work. It works for me.
Yes, it works after refreshing for like 3 to 4 "times.
But, the problem needs to be addressed.
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by somehowpenis(m): 3:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
Seun:
Try www.nairaland.com/home
i did just now, with ucweb it worked good, no hiccups iphone (first pic below).. Then i tried the link with safari, it worked, I refreshed it worked again and i did a third refresh to be sure then the redirect message popped up (second pic)

Re: Nairaland Having Issues by ireneony(f): 3:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
somehowpenis:
use chrome then.
Once it occur, u will wait for 40sec ......press the back button(go back to the original home page) then it refresh again.
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by somehowpenis(m): 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2016
Okay i noticed something with safari now when I refreshed the homepage it changed to www.nairaland.com which gave the redirect error but with the link you gave https://www.nairaland.com/home seun it works.. I tried www.nairaland.com it gave the redirect error again , i tried the link you gave then it worked.. I suggest sticking to that link permanently for the homepage please
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
I've not been able to comment with opera mini and Native browser,only ucweb works perfectly
Re: Nairaland Having Issues by somehowpenis(m): 3:27pm On Jun 08, 2016
ireneony:
use chrome then.
Once it occur, u will wait for 40sec ......press the back button(go back to the original home page) then it refresh again.
hmmm all this stress, nawao, i think i will bookmark the link he gave , thanks for the suggestions (wish the site had a thumbs up smiley to give you)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vandals Bust Another Pipeline In Lagos / Se*x Scandal Rocks Gokomere Mission, Catholic Priest ‘feasts’ On Married Teache / Explicit Photos: Kogi State University Okada Man Caught Sleeping With Mad Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.