Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Why Aren't We Going Aggressive On Solar? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Why Aren't We Going Aggressive On Solar? (563 Views)

Need Information On Solar Powerbank That Can Charge PC / Frequently Asked Question On Solar Power Solutions In Lagos, Nigeria / Run Your House On Solar Power Today At A Very Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't We Going Aggressive On Solar? by COMPAQ(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2016
Below is a link that details how an international airport in India has become self sufficient in electricity by developing solar panels over 40 acres of its unused land. The project delivers 12MW, cost $9.5m and took 6months!!

What I wonder is with chronic power shortages in Nigeria, why have we not gone the route of large scale wind and solar? I know it's not automatic, but an extrapolation of the example above means a 1000MW solar plant would cost circa $775mln. Surely we can use some of the recovered loot for that!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34421419
Re: Why Aren't We Going Aggressive On Solar? by bizgenius1: 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
COMPAQ:
Below is a link that details how an international airport in India has become self sufficient in electricity by developing solar panels over 40 acres of its unused land. The project delivers 12MW, cost $9.5m and took 6months!!

What I wonder is with chronic power shortages in Nigeria, why have we not gone the route of large scale wind and solar? I know it's not automatic, but an extrapolation of the example above means a 1000MW solar plant would cost circa $775mln. Surely we can use some of the recovered loot for that!

You are so on point but they won't answer they will even prefer to inflate it more
Re: Why Aren't We Going Aggressive On Solar? by drizzit(m): 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
Chile is generating so much electricity from solar that it is giving it away for free....
Re: Why Aren't We Going Aggressive On Solar? by Icecream4U(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
COMPAQ:

well, if they do and you have constant electricity, what else will politicians campaign about?

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't We Going Aggressive On Solar? by COMPAQ(m): 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
Lol @ ice cream!

But really the lack of critical thinking and aggressive action in this country baffles me.
Re: Why Aren't We Going Aggressive On Solar? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 24, 2016
COMPAQ:
Lol @ ice cream!

But really the lack of critical thinking and aggressive action in this country baffles me.

Hello, my email seems faulty.

(1) (Reply)

Solar Power Lantern For Sale / We Help Businesses Who Need Customers To Find Them -businessinfopage.com / Blackberry Z30 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.