Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? (3228 Views)

Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by toshmann(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2006
is OBJ really born again as he said? I would like us to look into this issue. because if he is, then his policies would reflect that. his attitude will also reflect that. but how has he reflected the spirit of God in him(if there is any in him)?

the bible instructs forgiveness-he is said to be vindictive

the bible instructs help for the poor-his policies seem to favor the rich lords of PDP

the bible instructs justice- he openly disobeys court orders and carries out constitutionally questionable actions

etc etc etc
thoughts please

Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by BernieBoy(m): 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2006
@ toshmann
you again. You wont kill me in this house.
Lots of love man. I feel you.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Freestyl(m): 9:16am On Nov 29, 2006
Yeah, the guy is really a born again cos i can see alot of changes in him, come to think of it, the way his is handling the 2007 polls. he also disolved PDP Exco currently in about five states giving room to free and fair election come 2007.

That facts stil remains you can never enjoy any president like OBJ, you are making calls everywhere in Nigeria today who else OBJ.

If people are like me, i would have suggest OBJ to continue till 2011.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Seun(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2006
you are making calls everywhere in Nigeria today who else OBJ.
How many telecom masts did president Obasanjo erect? How many mobile phones did he import? How many TV adverts did he create for the telecom companies? How many recharge cards did he print?

Please, people, the credit for the telecom revolution belong to the people that actually made it happen. The entrepreneurs, engineers, technicians, and customer service people. Not the politicians!

Politicians have a very limited role in technological development - they bully innovators and collect their money.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by BernieBoy(m): 9:56am On Nov 29, 2006
Freestyl:

If people are like me, i would have suggest OBJ to continue till 2011.
@ Freestyl
I'm suprised at your words. Obasanjo have tried in his own way as the president of this country but wishing him to continue till 2007? Ha, angry grin
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by johnnyde: 10:54am On Nov 29, 2006
obsanjo,is a confirmed ogboni man, forget all that talk of born again,is all fronting, is not easy becoming the president of the largest black nation in the world without belonging to an inner caucus, u betta recognise
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by jeffolala(f): 11:15am On Nov 29, 2006
OBJ IS A "BORN AGAINST" OGBONI MAFIA , u better shine your eyes.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Freestyl(m): 11:17am On Nov 29, 2006
@ Seun

Allowing Telecommunication by President Obasanjo in Nigeria alone is a welcome development, for example MTN proposed to President Abdulsalam he did nothing about it. until OBJ came and approved.

And i also want to let you understand that, The entrepreneurs, engineers, technicians, and customer service people are also politicians, e.g. just to mention a few, Engr. Barnabas Gemade the Former PDP National Chairman is a great politician middle belt has ever had. Medical Doctors, Priest ect, are also politicians, you can be one today if you like.

And incase you dont know, On 22 November, 2006, the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) rightly celebrated the launching of their "international" wing by President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Many of us enjoy the peak of communication in Nigeria today by his regime.

Dont get me wrong.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Flodel(f): 11:40am On Nov 29, 2006
Is is possible to serve 2 masters at the same time? i mean God and mammon? its not easy for a politician 2 be born again. NO POLITICIAN IS BORN AGAIN
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by IBEXY(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2006
how else was he going to secure votes/approval from the majority except by pretending to be christian?
common politicians do it everyday.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Genial(m): 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2006
Flodel:

Is is possible to serve 2 masters at the same time? i mean God and mammon? its not easy for a politician 2 be born again. NO POLITICIAN IS BORN AGAIN

Huh? And where are the data to back that assertion?
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Hugoboi(m): 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2006
Huh? And where are the data to back that assertion?

How can a human ask this kinda question.In present day nigeria it simply isnt possible!!
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Genial(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2006
Hugoboi:

How can a human ask this kind of question.In present day nigeria it simply isnt possible!!

Vituperations are a poor excuse for lack of answers. You obviously have nothing better to say.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Hugoboi(m): 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2006
@ Genial
I just expressed surprise @ the question u numbskull.Dont try to cross me ok.Mature mind dont discuss people.u dont want to get me started!!
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by OBJ3(m): 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2006
angry Who the hell is this stupid ignorant poorly brought up street urchin called toshmann. even ur name suggests that u lack wisdom. i don't blame u. it's ur foolish parents that i blame absolutely for ur uselessness.

so this is what u have been busy doing in UK. OLOSHI angry

idiot, nonsense angry
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Jimiyke(m): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2006
Who say so,but all the same the bible made us to understand that we shall not judge any body.also the same bible says that by they fruits we shall know them.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by chelsea4su(f): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2006
obasanjo is a real born again christian that is why a cup of tea fell from his hand when been offered cool
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by babyboy2(m): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2006
Do not know why but i just love this girl.obj are u by any chance single? you are the funniest girl i have met in a long long while.
O-B-J:

angry Who the hell is this stupid ignorant poorly brought up street urchin called toshmann. even your name suggests that u lack wisdom. i don't blame u. it's your foolish parents that i blame absolutely for your uselessness.

so this is what u have been busy doing in UK. OLOSHI angry

idiot, nonsense angry
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Labans(m): 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2006
[b]Who says president Olusagun Obasanjo is a Born Again, Nigerians should be very careful the type of comment we make, i repeat we should be very very careful, watch our tonge, and mine what we say, all i know is that the Man claims to be a Christain, don't ask me because i do not know[/b]
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by BlackMamba(m): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2006
chelsea4su:

obasanjo is a real born again christian that is why a cup of tea fell from his hand when been offered cool

Early signs of Parkinson's disease.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by LuciferFan(m): 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2006
OBJ is a born again! Why yea doubt him. Just let him lay his hands on you and your life will be transformed.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Radiant(f): 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2006
Ha ha. . . OBJ born again? HELL has been shut down!!! grin grin grin
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by nigeriaone: 8:17pm On Nov 29, 2006
Seun write """Quote
you are making calls everywhere in Nigeria today who else OBJ.
How many telecom masts did president Obasanjo erect?  How many mobile phones did he import?  How many TV adverts did he create for the telecom companies?  How many recharge cards did he print?

Please, people, the credit for the telecom revolution belong to the people that actually made it happen.  The entrepreneurs, engineers, technicians, and customer service people.  Not the politicians!

Politicians have a very limited role in technological development - they bully innovators and collect their money.""""

Seun here is my reply to what you said.  Seun, President Obasanjo would go in Nigeria history as the best president Nigeria ever had.    You would not be sitting in ogun state using your computer if not for obasanjo projects,  find out who build all the power supply project in Nigeria which your computer is using,  it was during obasanjo military era,  apart from Kainji and egbin,  which he signed before leaving office,  And now he is constructing another 10 power stations in nigeria.  Meaning, nigeria would have 17 power generating stations,  and Obasanjo would have built 15 of the 17.   Ask buhari, IBB, abacha, Gowon, Belewa and other what did they do, 

Nigeria shipping line: Obasanjo before leaving office made sured that they had 27 ships, all paid for,  they had none by the time he came back to power in 1999.

Telecommunication:  we had 500,000 lines before 1999 and in less than 5 years , we now have over 20million lines. That is another achievement for the man who gave the company free hand. Seun, they use to give project like this to their friend. Go and ask IBB how he award important projects to his friend , who could not execute them.  while nigerian suffered,   Obasanjo owns this credit, 

University:   Over 20 private university in 7 years,  may not be the best for now,  but with time they would improve, 

Debt: Obasanjo paid all the debt Shagari, Gowon, IBB, Abacha all acquired ober the years.  Another kudos to the man obansojo that you people hate so much, 

External saving:  we have over $40 billion dollar saved,  by this same man obasanjo. Ask IBB , abacha, buhari, shagari what did they save, 

Please see the good in this man,  the bible says to him that deserve praise, that you should not hold it away from him.  Obasanjo deserve praise of every Nigerian, he is not prefect,  but he tried his best,
  May God bless Obasanjo yes, he may have some fault against him but it is based on human limitation,   he would go to heaven if i was God.

Unedited,  no time.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Radiant(f): 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2006
Did you say unedited? You joking, right? I certainly believe you can't write any better. No excuses! undecided
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by nigeriaone: 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2006
the bible says if you listen to fools , you find your slave also insulting you.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Radiant(f): 1:06am On Nov 30, 2006
lmao. . . You forgot to give the chapter and verse undecided

I'm waiting for the edited version please wink
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by Dauda(m): 3:21am On Nov 30, 2006
OBJ - born again? Water and oil don't mix.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by RiffRaff: 10:52am On Nov 30, 2006
shocked if increasing fuel price every now and then is being born again then he's born again
if using our money to by shares in TRANS-CHOP and yell university is being born again then he's born again
the so called telecom companies are ripping us like tissue paper
dont forget he's a member of [b]P[/b]eople [b]D[/b]ecieve [b]P[/b]eople's party.
Born again my yansh cry
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by IBEXY(m): 11:04am On Nov 30, 2006
OBJ is a christian as much as Bush is a saint.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by maxxdjinx(m): 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2006
Kai?@$%&
Haba***** shocked tongue
wallahi, jama'a akwai matsalla.[People there's a problem]
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by scribe(m): 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2006
An interesting question, but who can be sure of the answer. A born-again child of God who is living a life of compromise will very much look like a cronic unbeliever. Also, anyone can pretend to be born-again. Only God can expose the truth. We can only pray that the answer should be YES he is born-again. Then we will know that the Spirit of God can make him do what is right if we continually pray for him.
Re: Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? by toshmann(m): 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2006
@seun,

why move this thread to religion? angry this isn't about religion. it is about how his policies as president are or are not a reflection of a born again christain.

abeg bring am back to politics b4 I explode angry

wetin dey worry u sef angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? / I Believe In Aliens, Let's Talk About Them Here. OUR ORIGIN / Gay Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.