Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:03 PM

Stephen Keshi Is Dead - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Is Dead (89320 Views)

Portion Of Stephen Keshi Stadium Collapses In Asaba,Cars Destroyed. Photos / Stephen Keshi's Son, Stephen Jnr Looks Dapper In New Photos / Stephen Keshi Died Of Cardiac Arrest - Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by ucnwafor(m): 9:25am On Jun 08, 2016
So so bad for Nigerian sports, we ve lost our steven keshi cos our hospitals does not have good equipment to treat their patients since I understand how this strong man passed on cos of some little illness.........I wish he stayed in Europe they have worked on his health challenges

Rest in peace big boss!
Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by Lilimax(f): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2016
AdaNri1:
shocking news. God have mercy on us all and may his soul rest in peace
Amen!

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by purplekayc(m): 9:34am On Jun 08, 2016
And here I was wishing he would come back as coach .. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by JaredNormak: 9:35am On Jun 08, 2016
Rest in Peace Keshi.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by chrisooblog: 9:51am On Jun 08, 2016
i remember

as a child i saw you score that winning goal against senegal in the AFCON 1992 your celebration so passionate

i remember

how you led us to qualify for the 1994 world cup. how you proudly lifted the AFCON trophy in 1994

i remember

how after many years of pain and disappointment when all including myself had lost hope in the super eagles you coached us to an unexpected AFCON victory the joy, the happiness unmeasurable

we criticized you, we abused you, we hailed you, we praised you but now we will most definitely MISS YOU cry cry cry

FAREWELL BIG BOSS #LEGEND

6 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by openmine(m): 9:58am On Jun 08, 2016
such a sad news 2 take Dis morning...RIP Stephen Keshi the boss....chai

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by chimoskyg(m): 10:02am On Jun 08, 2016
RIP Big Boss
May your gentle Soul rest with God

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by amtaken(f): 10:07am On Jun 08, 2016
Painful. Quite painful.

toprealman:
My dear, it is a big shock. We all wish it is a hoax.......adieu Boss, rest in peace!

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by amtaken(f): 10:15am On Jun 08, 2016
May his soul RIP.

2sexycom:
yes, even while he was still coaching Nigeria. I knew he was battling some health issues. Someone who knew Keshi's physique when he coached Togo and when he returned to coach Nigeria would see a huge difference. At one time he was looking very fat but after a while, all that changed and his tummy looked bigger and unfitting for his body.

I had often said that something is wrong with Keshi.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by Pamelayoung: 10:21am On Jun 08, 2016
This is really shocking! Good night Stephen

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by amtaken(f): 10:22am On Jun 08, 2016
May his soul RIP.

2sexycom:
I am not too surprise. Keshi has been looking so emaciated to me. I knew all was not well with his health.

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by Oby1(f): 10:35am On Jun 08, 2016
Rest in Peace our Heroe.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 08, 2016
RIP, Ogamm

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by miqos02(m): 10:43am On Jun 08, 2016
hmmn

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by LifeIsSoEasy: 10:48am On Jun 08, 2016
This is unbelievable! Rest in peace, Keshi.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by 9jatatafo(m): 11:01am On Jun 08, 2016
Very sad and pathetic

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by LeSudAfricaine: 11:03am On Jun 08, 2016
Sad news indeed. Condolences to his family and the Nigerian people. Huge loss for African football

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by LeSudAfricaine: 11:06am On Jun 08, 2016
mercy1998:
Oh no and there were rumours that this week one of the biggest football Clubs in Africa Orlando Pirates from South Africa is going to be coached by him. I'm heartbroken he is the greatest coach ever and our African football giant It is a loss for the entire Africa more especially Nigerians I'm really sorry for your loss.
Yeah he was lined up to be the Orlando Pirates coach.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by missyadorable(f): 11:20am On Jun 08, 2016
So Keshi was a weak man afterall

Dying just 6 months after his wife's death instead of planning for a new young fresh blooded wife is nothing but a sign of weakness

Just big for nothing

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by Omoalaji12: 11:33am On Jun 08, 2016
Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by kennsville(m): 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
benin people dn kill am
Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by Horus(m): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIZQgxPlsmw

[size=14pt]Former Nigeria coach and captain, Stephen Keshi is dead[/size]
Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by ugonna1054(m): 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
Rest in peace Stephen keshi

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by rollywise(m): 1:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
sinkhole:
Sorry Bros, not a joke!

RIP Keshi!

Ah ah? Do things just happen like this? It doesn't add up at all! Do people just die like that? I'm scared. I'm shocked. What hope do we have then? God spare me!
Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by titosantana(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
So painful! May God comfort the bereaved.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by JuanJO(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
histemple:

You are really praying for certain people to die?
capital YES, abi u need make i dance am
Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
so sad to hear this..Rip boss.#legend

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by kobonaire(m): 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
irunooboo:

U are bitter cos i no reply ur pm. tongue
i was PMing you to give you the phone number of a good lobotomist grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by queenDD(f): 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
What a shocking news and he wasn't sick or something.. RIP Coach

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by oladam23(m): 3:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
This is so shocking..... just like that, THE BOSS is gone. May your soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by wayodude(m): 3:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
This is a very sad day.

Most Nigerians, football fans or otherwise, young and old, male and female, have over the decades assumed the iconic figure of the Big Boss as a massive and perhaps permanent part of our footballing family.

It would be impossible to discuss the successes of Nigerian Football in international Ccmpetitions without it reading like a biography of the Big Boss.

We all at different times argued over his actions as a player and as a manager, we debated and took sides for and against him as he went on about his work as best he could. I remember berating him on social media when the 2014 World Cup Squad was announced for taking Gabriel Ruben and Uchebo with the team to Brazil. having said all that I thing we can never take away from Keshi was his love and commitment to his country. He gave all he had.

He was so passionate, I remember watching our final 1994 World Cup qualifying game against Algeria in Algiers which we drew 1-1. Finidi scored our goal that day in the first half and we had to defend for our lives in the 2nd half as the Algerians were on rampage, we needed at least a draw! The big boss led our defense and secured our first ever qualification for the World Cup. After the game the big boss cried like a baby. Such was his love for Nigeria.

The big boss we have hated and loved you at different times as we do our family members, you were our family..now we can only love and miss you dearly. Rest in perfect peace. You will NEVER be forgotten.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Is Dead by AmenhotepZuid: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2016
THE GOOD DIE YOUNG, RIP STEPHEN KESHI.
As a Orlando Pirates fan I was looking foward in seeing you at the SEA ROBBERS.
embarassed smiley smiley Orlando Pirates has a long history with players from your region. smiley smiley

[b]08 Jun 2016 06:58:34
Keshi was heavily linked with a possible move to Orlando Pirates after he recently signed with South African-based football agency Quality Talent Sports owned by Tim Sukazi

Former Nigerian national football team coach Stephen Keshi has passed away at the age of 54.

Keshi reportedly suffered a cardiac arrest in the early hours of Wednesday while he was preparing to return to the United States.

Emmanuel Ado, a family spokesperson, confirmed the passing of the Nigerian football legend in a statement to Premium Times.

"With thanksgiving to God, the Ogbuenyi Fredrick Keshi family of Illah in Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State, announces the death of Mr. Stephen Okechukwu Chinedu Keshi," Ado said in the statement.

“Our son, brother, father, father-in-law, brother-in-law, has gone to be with his wife of 35 years (Nkem ), Mrs. Kate Keshi, who passed on on the 9th December 2015.

"Since her death, Keshi has been in mourning. He came back to Nigeria to be with her. He had planned to fly back today Wednesday, before he suffered a cardiac arrest. He has found rest," continued Ado.

"With thanksgiving to God, the Ogbuenyi Fredrick Keshi family of Illah in Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State, announces the death of Mr. Stephen Okechukwu Chinedu Keshi."

Reports surfaced last week that Keshi was close to joining Soweto giants Orlando Pirates, but 'The Big Boss' as he was affectionately known, later refuted the claims.

His agent Tim Sukazi however, confirmed weeks ago that he was in talks with several South African clubs as Keshi appeared very keen to coach in the PSL next season.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Get's a yellow Card For Looking At Southampton's Tactics Sheet / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k / Mary Atole: Ighalo Names Boots After His Late Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.