Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) (17575 Views)

UNICAL Lecturer Sexually Harasses 16-Year-Old Girl / 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University / What If Nigerian Female Students Wore This As School Uniforms? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 08, 2016
As girls we can't deny that attentions come from the opposite sex but I find it strange when a married man or a lecture does it.Pretty girls are mostly the victimized ones and its something that has eaten deep into the educational system.One time I was on holiday, my phone rang and my lecture called me and towards the end of the call,he said he wants to spend 3nights with me,I laughed seriously and was shocked at the way he had so much confidence to ask me such.My reply was crazy, I said "sir,which church is the night vigil holding at".The man laughed and told me something is wrong with me.

Another lecturer did same when I went to his office on his call.He told me he wants to have an affair with me and I told him "sir,I appreciate the fact you like me but you are married and you are my lecturer.please sir I 'LD like to keep this official and I'll really appreciate if u understand.I promise not to tell anyone about this."

I then left his office. After a long while, he called me and appreciated me for displaying maturity and told me I had good training.He advised I should keep it up and call him whenever I have financial challenges.
Fellow ladies ,these are the things you should do when u are being harrased by your lecturer

1.Do not show sign of fear
2.Dont show any facial expression that will give him the impression that you are helpless.rather be strong and Dont say anything till he is done.
3.if he stands up to start touching and holding you tell him you told your friend you were coming to his office and you beg to leave.
4.Dont be saucy
5.if the lecturer insist ,when next he calls you,record your conversation .
6.Do not blackmail him rather go to the appropriate authority and report. make sure you doñt play the record unless u are asked for evidence.
add yours ........

42 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by SuperSuave(m): 5:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Its a pity a good thread like this died before it was given birth to.

Username: Lalasticlala
Password: snake, scorpion, tonto dike's cleavage

15 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by foolinlove(f): 5:18am On Jun 23, 2016
Only one solution. Go ask his wife what he means by all this attention he gives you. Problem solved.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Chuksemi(m): 5:28am On Jun 23, 2016
I concur. This would help alot of ladies. I still think avoiding any sort of physical contact with any known randy lecturer remains the best. No time for long story. sad

7 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by eitsei(m): 5:39am On Jun 23, 2016
This makes sense
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by lonelydora: 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Before going to see a lecturer, please reocrd all your conversations.
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Dymaco(m): 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
but some gals like it...

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by bunmioguns(m): 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
nice idea
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Engrr(m): 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
Chuksemi:
I concur. This would help alot of ladies. I still think avoiding any sort of physical contact with any known randy lecturer remains the best. No time for long story. sad

Them go gree?
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by ErnieSmallzz(f): 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
smiley

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
Very useful thread

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Chogzee(m): 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
OP u v said it all....
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by OKOROXXX: 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
SO WHAT IF IS A FEMALE LECTURER LIKE MY OWN CASE? WHAT SHUD I DO?? AND IM GETTING TEMPTED ALREADY. FREE SCORES, MONEY, AND FREE KPEKUS....

5 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ol
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by shamsuRana(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
reminiscing:
As girls we can't deny that attentions come from the opposite sex but I find it strange when a married man or a lecture does it.Pretty girls are mostly the victimized ones and its something that has eaten deep into the educational system.One time I was on holiday, my phone rang and my lecture called me and towards the end of the call,he said he wants to spend 3nights with me,I laughed seriously and was shocked at the way he had so much confidence to ask me such.My reply was crazy, I said "sir,which church is the night vigil holding at".The man laughed and told me something is wrong with me.

Another lecturer did same when I went to his office on his call.He told me he wants to have an affair with me and I told him "sir,I appreciate the fact you like me but you are married and you are my lecturer.please sir I 'LD like to keep this official and I'll really appreciate if u understand.I promise not to tell anyone about this."

I then left his office. After a long while, he called me and appreciated me for displaying maturity and told me I had good training.He advised I should keep it up and call him whenever I have financial challenges.
Fellow ladies ,these are the things you should do when u are being harrased by your lecturer

2.Dont show any facial expression that will give him the impression that you are helpless.rather be strong and Dont say anything till he is done.
3.if he stands up to start touching and holding you tell him you told your friend you were coming to his office and you beg to leave.
4.Dont be saucy
6.Do not blackmail him rather go to the appropriate authority and report. make sure you doñt play the record unless u are asked for evidence.
add yours ........

record the damn conversation in the first place,before it gets far.Lecturers of this days have graduated to just using fear tactic,juju is always in reign.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by cana882(m): 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
The so-called authorities you're reporting to are the same cabal.. you'll just give yourself automatic extra year for no reason. Solution: handle it yourself by blackmail (threaten to inform his family and church) and he'll stay far from you as far as you don't leak his secret.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Chuksemi(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
Engrr:

Them go gree?

Stubborness. Some of them seek to be seduced sef
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Bigajeff(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
Good approach
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by DExplorer1: 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
Some lecturers can be so stubborn, rooted in the act and desperate for their preys.
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by fernandoc(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
Never knew there are still girls with sense like this. All hope is not lost. Thank God for your life.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Wolexdey(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
Informative.
Well said @ Op.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by saintdennis(m): 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
reminiscing:

4.Dont be saucy
add yours ........

U haven't addressed the elephant in the room which is "how did those lecturers have ur number in the first place'?

8 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by AmenJoan(f): 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
very enlightening
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by jideprof: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
Lol, might be helpful but not in all cases... You must have been seeing too much of nollywood movies

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by dammytosh: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
Claim you are a virgin.

That there is a curse on who will deflower you without marrying you. That you don't mind if he is ready to marry you.

With this you can escape most randy lecturers.

A lot of them will avoid complications when they can jump on the next girl.

Then, you have to be the type that dress decently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Agimor(m): 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
reminiscing:

4.Dont be saucy
add yours ........
No pics to give credence that you're that beautiful. Bike biko political section.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
reminiscing:

4.Dont be saucy
add yours ........

There is a Sexual Harassment bill in the senate that addresses this and would be passed by next month or so.

So this will no longer be an issue.

Meanwhile, your story only works because the Lecturer that approached you had a crush on you and not that he wanted to molest you.

He even offered to assist you when you have financial challenges.

Those are two different things entirely.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by korel9: 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
Tell the lecturer you have AIDS grin

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by searchng4love: 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
reminiscing:
As girls we can't deny that attentions come from the opposite sex but I find it strange when a married man does it

the Op is shallow, so a married man can not talk to a young lady who's single or even ask her out again or even marry her? the entire writeup is hogwash, nothing stops harassment like saying NO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by hexy40: 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
Simple steps;
1)act as if you are intrested.
2) When he starts making advances, be a step ahead of him, if possible be the one to go and lock the office door.
3)while at it explain to him, gently and in a sexy voice that your doctor said that if you use protection, you will not contaminate your partner with H.I.V. grin grin

Note: Rumor might spread that u have AIDS

5 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Ralphdan(m): 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
You Gals are the reason why Lectures harass you in school.why won't they when you dress like B*chez.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Cherishing(f): 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
Is a question for students
but if am to advise my fellow ladies.... even guys too grin Please don't do what will lead your lecturers into temptation.
Biko kwa.

Forget what Op said about recording and reporting, most of these lecturers have powerful links to the government that can turn the table against u.

U dressing like a hoe is enough harassment to them, so who is the one harassing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ignore Notice To Shave Beards - BSU Management Reacts To Beards Controversy / 2017 WAEC Results By State Ranking / Delta Government Closes Arise And Shine Nursery & Primary School In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.