Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) (17576 Views)

UNICAL Lecturer Sexually Harasses 16-Year-Old Girl / 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University / What If Nigerian Female Students Wore This As School Uniforms? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by gevans(m): 1:24am On Jun 24, 2016
Richy4:

That could be the Nigerian way of handling it... ie by asking the student to live the lecture hall... but the fact that they ask them to live the class does not mean it was how the rest of the world does it...

That lecturer could be employed in another country and mistakenly ask a student to live the class thinking it was normal... he could be fired for doing that...In my first degree in Nigerian Uni, what i thought was a heavy offence by Nigerian lecturer's standard was nothing....

Eg. you are permitted to drink soft drinks with light refreshment in the class when lectures was going on.Coke biscuit etc. but u cannot try that in Nigeria.

U are permitted to put your phone in a silent mood or answer your phone in the class when lectures were going on. according to school authority, u never can tell which was an emergency call..but the institution i attended, it is like a taboo.

You can wear anything u want...as long as you registered for that course. it is your right to be in that class because u paid that lecturer to teach you. so he has nothing to do with what u are wearing.his job was to teach nothing more...at the end of every semester, student were given survey questioner to speak about how lecturers performed. and no lecturer would like students to complain about them or for fear of being removed from that course.

so do not be to fast to disagree with me. a lot of male lecturers are helpless around the world due to what female students puts on to school..
Nigerian lecturers are lucky that they can send a female students away even when they have paid large amount to be taught and nothing will happen... it is not so every where...

indecent dressing may b allowed in other countries, but here in naija our culture frown at it. also d certificates issued by Nigerian universities r in learning n xter. d xter here is our culture
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by mikolo80: 5:37am On Jun 24, 2016
reminiscing:
As girls we can't deny that attentions come from the opposite sex but I find it strange when a married man or a lecture does it.Pretty girls are mostly the victimized ones and its something that has eaten deep into the educational system.One time I was on holiday, my phone rang and my lecture called me and towards the end of the call,he said he wants to spend 3nights with me,I laughed seriously and was shocked at the way he had so much confidence to ask me such.My reply was crazy, I said "sir,which church is the night vigil holding at".The man laughed and told me something is wrong with me.

Another lecturer did same when I went to his office on his call.He told me he wants to have an affair with me and I told him "sir,I appreciate the fact you like me but you are married and you are my lecturer.please sir I 'LD like to keep this official and I'll really appreciate if u understand.I promise not to tell anyone about this."

I then left his office. After a long while, he called me and appreciated me for displaying maturity and told me I had good training.He advised I should keep it up and call him whenever I have financial challenges.
Fellow ladies ,these are the things you should do when u are being harrased by your lecturer

1.Do not show sign of fear
2.Dont show any facial expression that will give him the impression that you are helpless.rather be strong and Dont say anything till he is done.
3.if he stands up to start touching and holding you tell him you told your friend you were coming to his office and you beg to leave.
4.Dont be saucy
5.if the lecturer insist ,when next he calls you,record your conversation .
6.Do not blackmail him rather go to the appropriate authority and report. make sure you doñt play the record unless u are asked for evidence.
add yours ........
get your boys to follow you to hotel with high def camera and obtain the baggar
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 24, 2016
My people,sorry I left the thread for a while.I'm back and I will reply ever post I can,love ya all
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Puresolutions: 7:26am On Jun 24, 2016
Oliviaarims:
Honestly, I used to think it was only the bad girls or those who draw unnecessary attention to themselves that suffered such fate at the hands of lecturers...until it happened to me.

When it first started, I was flummoxed. "Why me?" I asked. I was a typical good student, I don't miss classes or tests or get into any situation that would amount to going to my lecturer to start pleading for favours...always early to class, don't talk unnecessarily while the lecture's on, don't dress indecently to school, don't gallivant around the school premises... I actually thought none of my lecturers knew me. But this man still found me and then the others...

OP's points make a lot of sense.

Cc. Amateur.

@Olivia lovely comment..i like this part " But this man still found me and then the others... " but you leave it to us to imagine way so much,when u got found what and what how did u deal with it,spill some of ur gent-mate may need to knw how to deal with theirs with the knowledge from how u dealt with urs

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
Puresolutions:

@Olivia lovely comment..i like this part " But this man still found me and then the others... " but you leave it to us to imagine way so much,when u got found what and what how did u deal with it,spill some of ur gent-mate may need to knw how to deal with theirs with the knowledge from how u dealt with urs

Perhaps, I would have done that if I was anonymous. All the people involved might just be Nairalanders, too.
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Puresolutions: 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Perhaps, I would have done that if I was anonymous. All the people involved might just be Nairalanders, too.

@Olivia my mind wouldnt leave the matter..i wanna hear..i'll..hmmm
Re: What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
jessykings:

Dudette,u neva jam stubborn lecturer yet. Ur cases were kinda 'not so difficult'. Some will want to victmize and intimadate u, D best for me is to flee from every appearance of evil. Don't get too close to ur lecturer, dress decently and be seated in class b4 he enters d class so u won't get 'so noticed'. If d advances get difficult, record d conversions and threaten to report to the appropriate authorities. Btw y will ur lecturer have ur phone number and even calling u @ odd times? Abi na u be course rep grin
Yes I'm the course representative

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ignore Notice To Shave Beards - BSU Management Reacts To Beards Controversy / 2017 WAEC Results By State Ranking / Delta Government Closes Arise And Shine Nursery & Primary School In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.