Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 (12804 Views)

Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US / Car Exhaust Smoke And What It Means For Your Car / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
honmusa:

apologies ,thanks for pointing out my error .it is the o2 socket I meant to say he should remove and confirmed immediately if the issue is due to a faulty o2 sensor but it seems the ops is another trail entirely of swapping what is not faulty.
No worries man we learn each day.
Op in clip it at the clip.just follow the wires frm the sensor upwards
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by stephcruse(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
I know more about Rx300.what i will surgest you do first is to ran a scan then get back to us.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
stephcruse:
I know more about Rx300.what i will surgest you do first is to ran a scan then get back to us.
Thank you all for the suggestions. I really appreciate how helpful everyone has been. I ran the scan today and so many codes were found viz;
1. P0300
2. P0301
3. P0303
4. P0305
5. P0171
6. P0174
7. P0100
8. P0110
9. P0115
10. P0136
11. P0500
12. P1155
13. P0101

Im really scared on where to start on these issues. I will appreciate if any suggestions on how I will start repairing is offered to me on this thread so that i will relate it to my mechanic. Its a shame, most mechanic at Onitsha are still outdated. I really thank God for the advices i got from this thread so far. Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
Etoo:

Thank you all for the suggestions. I really appreciate how helpful everyone has been. I ran the scan today and so many codes were found viz;
1. P0300
2. P0301
3. P0303
4. P0305
5. P0171
6. P0174
7. P0100
8. P0110
9. P0115
10. P0136
11. P0500
12. P1155
13. P0101

Im really scared on where to start on these issues. I will appreciate if any suggestions on how I will start repairing is offered to me on this thread so that i will relate it to my mechanic. Its a shame, most mechanic at Onitsha are still outdated. I really thank God for the advices i got from this thread so far. Any idea would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Wow E plenty, anyways we are watching football, when we finish we shall start with the most serious ones and narrow it down, no need to fear or be worried, it well.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
erico2k2:

Wow E plenty, anyways we are watching football, when we finish we shall start with the most serious ones and narrow it down, no need to fear or be worried, it well.

Thanks man. Im becoming hopeful with ur encouragement. Thanks man
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Omike85(m): 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
please clear, drive and rescan....some of the codes might have actually been stored while you were busy disconnecting and reconnecting during your trial and error thing...
p0171 and p0174....lipsrsealed
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
Etoo:

1. P0300
2. P0301
3. P0303
4. P0305
5. P0171
6. P0174
7. P0100
8. P0110
9. P0115
10. P0136
11. P0500
12. P1155
13. P0101

Why are going back and fort on a simple issue .This thread is becoming unnecessarily long cos of not following the necessary procedure..Call my number @ signature and get a scanner .I am willing to give u a free remote support !!!!
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by kingreign(m): 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2016
Etoo:

1. P0300
2. P0301
3. P0303
4. P0305
5. P0171
6. P0174
7. P0100
8. P0110
9. P0115
10. P0136
11. P0500
12. P1155
13. P0101

Etoo, I'm a lexus technician, we also have a lexus forum on whatsapp and here on NL I didn't see this thread early enough I would had contributed. Hope these issues have been resolved, if not, call or whatsapp me on 07034581213.

Cheers!
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 9:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Etoo:

Thanks man. Im becoming hopeful with ur encouragement. Thanks man
number 1-4 are same thing random misfire, check plugs and injectors. 301,303,305 means cylinder 1,3 and 5 respectively.

Number 5 &6 Code PO171- Lean mix of Bank 1 (passenger side of engine)
Code PO174- Lean mix of Bank 2 (driver's side of engine) Most of the time a P0171 and P0174 is caused by either a vacuum leak--more than likely the PCV hose and valve or a dirty or defective MassAirFlow sensor. Low fuel pressure can also cause this condition. The PCV hose is located on bank one but can affect both sides because the other end is located on the back of the upper intake manifold. Usually they deteriorate and get a hole in it.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
PO100 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Malfunction

Basically this means that there is a problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or circuit.

PO500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction, I take it your speedometer is not working right?I had same problem got the speed sensor changed and speedometer started to work.

PO136 Oxygen O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2).Hmm this has been covered enough on this section of NL I think its the last thing you check

P1155 TOYOTA - Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 2 Sensor 1,Toyota specific code
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2016
erico2k2:
PO100 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Malfunction

Basically this means that there is a problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or circuit.

PO500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction, I take it your speedometer is not working right?I had same problem got the speed sensor changed and speedometer started to work.

PO136 Oxygen O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2).Hmm this has been covered enough on this section of NL I think its the last thing you check

P1155 TOYOTA - Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 2 Sensor 1,Toyota specific code

Thanks man. What of no. 9 thats P0155. Can that code also be the cause of the black smoke.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 9:32am On Jun 27, 2016
Etoo:

Thanks man. What of no. 9 thats P0155. Can that code also be the cause of the black smoke.
Could be it's same as your O2 sensor problem
Problem is ur car consumes way . much fuel. So check everything intake in your carpoint ur mechanic to this direction. Clean your Mass air flow sensor. Check for leaks. The O2 sensor should the third culprit. From your scan you there seems to be no serious problem except your pocket via fuel.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
erico2k2:

Could be it's same as your O2 sensor problem
Problem is ur car consumes way . much fuel. So check everything intake in your carpoint ur mechanic to this direction. Clean your Mass air flow sensor. Check for leaks. The O2 sensor should the third culprit. From your scan you there seems to be no serious problem except your pocket via fuel.
Im sorry for the typo error, the no 9 says P0115. What could that be. Can it also contribute on the black smoke thing.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
Etoo:

Im sorry for the typo error, the no 9 says P0115. What could that be. Can it also contribute on the black smoke thing.
That has nothing to do with your black smoke, its your Engine coolant temperature sensor,it needs changing, does your themometer in your car read accurate?
I asked youa question from b4 regarding your speedometer you never gave an answer
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
erico2k2:

That has nothing to do with your black smoke, its your Engine coolant temperature sensor,it needs changing, does your themometer in your car read accurate?
I asked youa question from b4 regarding your speedometer you never gave an answer
Im sorry my guy. The speedometer reads very fine. I ve cleared the code. Im using the car till i get up to 100km before i will rescan d car.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
Etoo:

Im sorry my guy. The speedometer reads very fine. I ve cleared the code. Im using the car till i get up to 100km before i will rescan d car.
Ok cool
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
erico2k2:

Ok cool
After clearing the error and running more than 50km, there were only 2 codes p0171 and p0174. My mechanic checked for leaks but found none, changed a MAF sensor but the codes keep on throwing out. Any more idea.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
Etoo:

After clearing the error and running more than 50km, there were only 2 codes p0171 and p0174. My mechanic checked for leaks but found none, changed a MAF sensor but the codes keep on throwing out. Any more idea.
did you say you changed teh O2 sensors?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by tripoli007(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mullberry:
I could tell you fancy guess work in regard to serendipity than professional meticulous rectification. Whatever, any dead end futility will occur at your own expense.

Oga don't confuse the OP more with all this ur grammar .. Kilode take am easy now .. Wettun concern serendipity, futility,fatality and brutality with car wey dey commot black smoke ... Chaiii

2 Likes

Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Mullberry: 10:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
tripoli007:

Oga don't confuse the OP more with all this ur grammar .. Kilode take am easy now .. Wettun concern serendipity, futility,fatality and brutality with car wey dey commot black smoke ... Chaiii
okay no say.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 4:41am On Jul 06, 2016
erico2k2:

did you say you changed teh O2 sensors?
No, the o2 sensors were not touched
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
Etoo:

No, the o2 sensors were not touched
Well you should check them as one of your codes refers to them
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
erico2k2:

Well you should check them as one of your codes refers to them
Today i rescanned the car after clearing the former code and got the following ;
P0171
P0174
P0136
My mechanic has checked for leakages, even removed out the manifold but there is no leakage. I ve changed the MAF SENSOR
THE BLACK SMOKE LINGERS ON ACCELERATION.

Can faulty O2 sensor cause the black smoke.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
Etoo:

Today i rescanned the car after clearing the former code and got the following ;
P0171
P0174
P0136
My mechanic has checked for leakages, even removed out the manifold but there is no leakage. I ve changed the MAF SENSOR

I thought this is the first thing I told u to check before u decided to start swaping MAF .
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
Etoo:

P0171
P0174
P0136

I thought this is the first thing I told u to check before u decided to start swaping MAF and prefer to complicate a simple procedure .
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
honmusa:

I thought this is the first thing I told u to check before u decided to start swaping MAF and prefer to complicate a simple procedure .
Yesterday i changed the downstream oxygen sensor. The black smoke has reduced but im still monitoring the change. I hope it solves it permanently. I will keep u updated. Thank you all for ur help so far.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2016
Etoo:

Yesterday i changed the downstream oxygen sensor. The black smoke has reduced but im still monitoring the change. I hope it solves it permanently. I will keep u updated. Thank you all for ur help so far.
Downstream o2 sensor is a monitoring sensor not having anything to do with your suppose black smoke .
Is the upstream sensor that we are concerned with.Disconnect the Upstream sensor and immediately rev your car to to See if u are still getting black smoke ,very simple thing to do .This is not an issue of monitoring this for days ,u will see the result immediately.
Seems u are too like Kazeem system of swapping parts to resolve issue
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
honmusa:

Downstream o2 sensor is a monitoring sensor not having anything to do with your suppose black smoke .
Is the upstream sensor that we are concerned with.Disconnect the Upstream sensor and immediately rev your car to to See if u are still getting black smoke ,very simple thing to do .This is not an issue of monitoring this for days ,u will see the result immediately.
Seems u are too like Kazeem system of swapping parts to resolve issue
I did that earlier but that did not solve the issue. The black smoke was even Increased on doing that.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by nissparts(m): 1:08am On Jul 11, 2016
Get a brainbox that matches what you currently have and try it.
Almost sure this will solve your issue
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 6:02am On Jul 11, 2016
Etoo:

I did that earlier but that did not solve the issue. The black smoke was even Increased on doing that.
Get a scanner that has data streaming capability and let resolve this issue once and for all .
call my number @ my signature ,I will take you try what do.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 6:02am On Jul 11, 2016
Etoo:

Get a scanner that has data streaming capability and let resolve this issue once and for all ,this issue has linger too long.
call my number @ my signature ,I will take you tru what do.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
honmusa:

Get a scanner that has data streaming capability and let resolve this issue once and for all ,this issue has linger too long.
call my number @ my signature ,I will take you tru what do.
Ok, I think there is a need for me to order one from these online stores. i will call you once I have one.
thanks man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Bad Habits That Can Damage Your Car / How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? / Innoson Motors Set To Feature On BBC,BBC Correspondence Pays Them Visit(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.