Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:56 PM

Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos (13447 Views)

Buhari Orders The Immediate Restoration Of Security Aides To Governor Obiano / Ambode Orders Invasion Of Funmi Tejuoso's Residence By Policemen (Video) / Ambode Orders Repair Of Oshodi-Apapa Expressway(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by queenstl(f): 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2016

Governor Ambode gave the directive today as part of efforts to prevent any health hazard associated with pig farming.

Source: http://timenaija.com/ambode-orders-the-closure-of-all-pig-farms-located-in-residential-areas-within-lagos-state/
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by queenstl(f): 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
I think this is good

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Swissheart(f): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2016
Very good.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by meezynetwork(m): 9:56pm On Jun 08, 2016
It shouldnt have been ban. Atleast it should be controlled with strict conditions.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by whirlwind7(m): 6:42am On Jun 09, 2016
I'm all for this move.
Farming is not insanity. Rearing pigs within residential neighbourhoods is unwholesome.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Karm16: 6:43am On Jun 09, 2016
Dem finally close Ladipo market.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by OlujobaSamuel: 6:45am On Jun 09, 2016
as short as this story is, some can't even read while others can't comprehend.
ambo, nice one, pls when will start closing church and mosque with horn speakers within remote area of the state, they are constituting nuisance abeg.

25 Likes

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 09, 2016
They are just after that very big pig farm beside eleganza (multiple structure without meaning) on lekki road after chevron tollgate....

A pig farm that has been there long before chevron hq was even built and there was anything like vgc sef..

Politics in play

Maybe they refused to sell their lands to akande (simple)

15 Likes

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by allanphash7(m): 8:04am On Jun 09, 2016
Better

How do we report to the government
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by allanphash7(m): 8:06am On Jun 09, 2016
Yesterday was mine

HBD dear
uzolexis:
Just here to wish myself a happy birthday
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by igbohausayoruba: 8:07am On Jun 09, 2016
U v made ur Point
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 09, 2016
queenstl:

Governor Ambode gave the directive today as part of efforts to prevent any health hazard associated with pig farming.

Source: http://timenaija.com/ambode-orders-the-closure-of-all-pig-farms-located-in-residential-areas-within-lagos-state/
Good move. How do we report? I think anything livestock should not be done in residential area because health hazard and nose pollution.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by shaddoww: 8:08am On Jun 09, 2016
allanphash7:
Better

How do we report to the government
use d same medium he used in reaching out to u

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Spain007(m): 8:13am On Jun 09, 2016
Happy birthday Uzo
uzolexis:
Just here to wish myself a happy birthday

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Project400: 8:15am On Jun 09, 2016
Interesting
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by allanphash7(m): 8:16am On Jun 09, 2016
Thanks
shaddoww:
use d same medium he used in reaching out to u
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by adaweezy(m): 8:16am On Jun 09, 2016
Esseite:
They are just after that very big pig farm beside eleganza (multiple structure without meaning) on lekki road after chevron tollgate....

A pig farm that has been there long before chevron hq was even built and there was anything like vgc sef..

Politics in play

This was actually necessitated by a complaint published on the punch newspaper of Monday about a pig farm causing environmental pollution at Abule Egba area of Lagos.

8 Likes

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Vcsaint: 8:18am On Jun 09, 2016
Leave thing talk of u presido ear problem
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by chocknolis(m): 8:19am On Jun 09, 2016
They should also provide solution

1 Like

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by uzolexis(f): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2016
allanphash7:
Yesterday was mine

HBD dear

HBD in arrears dear,June borns rock grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by uzolexis(f): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2016
Spain007:
Happy birthday Uzo

lol....thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Exponental(m): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2016
wrong move

1 Like

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by KELVIN086: 8:24am On Jun 09, 2016
Esseite:

Politics in play

Oh I thought that is even a poultry farm , it's like there's money in that pig business for someone to use a very priced property meant for real estate to rear pigs.
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 09, 2016
Next should be churches & mosques in residential areas.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 09, 2016
quemod:
Pork, Pork, Pork Pork Pork!!!

I love my pork

We are in this together. Make some for us for the weekend, it's sure gonna be splendid
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by codemaniacs: 8:35am On Jun 09, 2016
KELVIN086:

Oh I thought that is even a poultry farm , it's like there's money in that pig business for someone to use a very priced property meant for real estate to rear pigs.

In agriculture, its about the hectares of land and not the location.

Why can't the govt ban people from building residential houses near farms.

The same thing happened in ikorodu, from fadeyi to lagos island used to be filled with palm trees hence the name "PALMGROOVE".

Then Nigeria was one of the largest exporters of palm products.

Govt needs to protect and improve agriculture not kill it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by kunle75(m): 8:37am On Jun 09, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
as short as this story is, some can't even read while others can't comprehend.
ambo, nice one, pls when will start closing church and mosque with horn speakers within remote area of the state, they are constituting nuisance abeg.

I share your sentiment

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akpabio’s Defection Puts Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Under The Spotlight / 'Insecurity Is A Test From God' - Sheik Abdulwaheed Sulaiman, Aso Rock Imam / FFK Says He Looks Forward To Helping Against PDP At All Levels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.