Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,458 members, 7,801,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? (5338 Views)

Dasuki: I Was Acting On Jonathan’s Instructions / If I’m Shot Today. It’s The Police Acting On Orders From Presidency’ – Amaechi T / Are South South Governors Acting On False Documents? Poor Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by gent2ken(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2009
EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wealth Solution Victims?

As a matter of fact, if Efcc is acting today on debtors, where are they when some group of people came to Nigeria as company and collected people money claimed to be return in a certain time for the name of forex. What are they doing to this over 2yrs?

Because these people claimed to be approved by government on both radio station and news paper before people follow the link and started putting their money for multiple return. They called their self different names like Divine, Wealth Solution, Golotrance, Real and Cool, Penny Wise ''''palm foolish''' etc and packed up one day with millions of people money, many life were lost many run to start their life again.

As independence country, this is not right anywhere and yet nothing as been done to help over 2 years ago. Many Nigeria lost their life,hope and source on this and we claim to have Government. Anything that been advertise on radio station and news paper means legal in any independence country.

Where are this people today? what happen to people money? what government is doing to this? Why do we have to suffer this way even in our own country?  Have Nigeria Forgotten this? What do we think? Is that the end? What happen to all money government retrieved from this people account? Is this people living freely and enjoying peoples sweat with their own family? Are we under any Government? Is any fault to read news paper and radio station? Are this people to blamed? What will happen Next?
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by Donvilo(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2009
This could be some sort of diversion the FG placed on nigerians to make people unaware of what they are actually after. sad
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by walelamina: 10:51am On Aug 27, 2009
I like this topic,,,i mean,,its d very fact ,,was efcc sleepin then,,,,the wonder banks swerved so many people,,,,am a victim,,,n mny of friends n families ,,,,they just do wat they like,,,,
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by abhosts(m): 10:52am On Aug 27, 2009
I cant believe that some people are still dreaming of getting their money back from the Kalo-Kalo schemes of 2006/2007. grin grin

This is like comparing apples with oranges. Banks are Legal Entiities Approved and Regulated by the Government while those so called "Fund Manager" where nothing but Ponzi schemes mostly run by criminals.
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by Bisowo(f): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2009
abhosts:

I cant believe that some people are still dreaming of getting their money back from the Kalo-Kalo schemes of 2006/2007. grin grin

This is like comparing apples with oranges. Banks are Legal Entiities Approved and Regulated by the Government while those so called "Fund Manager" where nothing but Ponzi schemes mostly run by criminals.

Regardless that many of these fund managers were later found to be fraudsters, the question is what happened to all the monies frozen in the accounts of the so-called legal entities (banks). WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE MONIES?? When these fund managers' operations were stopped, Nigerians were told that the authorities would get to the roots of all the mess. Two years after, nothing has been said or done. Only an audible silence. Meanwhile, it's been business as usual for the inevitable beneficiaries (the banks and only God knows who else!). Talk of chop clean mouth! Why were the banks not penalised after it was found that they were also involved in the whole scam? They were warehousing the funds, playing russian roulette with people's lives, and for some, their destinies! Only in a country like Nigeria can this happen. Nigeria, we hail thee o!!!
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by Bisowo(f): 11:25am On Aug 27, 2009
If we must be honest with ourselves, methinks fewer people would have been caught in the web of fraud that these fund managers presented 2 years ago. Truth is, Nigerians are hungry. Nigerians yearn for what is 'normal' in any other normal country. Since these aspirations are definitely way out of the reach of the the ordinary Nigerians, the need to resort to any means to get what is 'normal' readily makes them victims! Hence the mess we later had. But it is sheer injustice, for anybody to seek to profit from this, knowing that the culprits of this mess are mainly the have-nots.
My candid opinion, these banks ought to be made to vomit every single Naira and Kobo they've been sitting on since the freeze on the accounts of the fund managers, and a committee, made up of competent Nigerians, be made to return the monies to their rightful owners. This, of course, is if the monies are still with the banks!
'
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by Bisowo(f): 11:32am On Aug 27, 2009
Here is an appeal to the authorities: every single kobo kept in the accounts of our banks thru the wonderbanks, should be released to their rightful owners. 'De-freeze' the accounts of the wonder banks and let everyone 'investor' be given back their monies. Only then would we know that our leaders are at least, a little sensitive to the needs of the common man. I bet you some of the banks have been enjoying these booties since the accounts were frozen!
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by gent2ken(m): 11:39am On Aug 27, 2009
@abhosts kindly please read this Topic and give little understanding, I'm not making any comparison here but thinking of people lost during the crisis , If efcc today could stand up for bank debtors from the rich men hands where are they when wonder bank crisis was ram pared and people were loosing their lives. This crisis now are on this so called rich and named men of Nigeria, collecting loan in a bank, ridiculous loan promising the executive %on each loan, ,i think that should be their own cup of coffee, but why when millions heads are loosing their lives on this wonder banks organization and nothing came up till now,that crisis turn some lives to astray some to something else and now acting on bank loan.This should be bank issue and loan maker and if this now to be there case, why haven't them lay a good examples before this time or have you forgotten that all this money are collected from one banks to this wonder banks then beside, the point here is they both advertise on radio stations and news paper make it legal to people, Where are they plzzzz?? when advertising on paper and radio if we have good government as they av claim, Will this people forget their money, Some invested more than 2million. If they can forgive can they forget, Can this Happen Abroad without immediate Government action? I live abroad Presently, Be the part to make Nigeria great by fighting for people's right and not for your right alone, Where were the government?
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 27, 2009
@ poster

Sharrap there. Wonder Banks was in the "Acient Times". Your Money has been gone and gone for good.
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by gent2ken(m): 11:51am On Aug 27, 2009
Silence is killing Us, Let stop being silent and dieing little by little. Spade is spade scam is scam, even this is an open scam and no action by government,   Return people's money, and I don't want any of this organization staff to reply this Topic else he or she will forbid his/her birth.
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by deor03(m): 11:58am On Aug 27, 2009
Wonder Bank victims all know that they were entering into a SCAM.

The got in to get out fast, and other people down the line will loose.

it's  a case of "scammer" scamming 'scammer"
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by gent2ken(m): 11:59am On Aug 27, 2009
@babaearly I'm sure you don't have a single manners, I'm not in Nigeria then and up till now but I know of many victims and how they felt including lost lives then, Have respect for Nigerian, People living there are the Nigerians, next time I will treat your reply better than this learn how to contribute to matters. Don't be rude to people or thug act online.
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2009
gent2ken:

@babaearly I'm sure you don't have a single manners, I'm not in Nigeria then and up till now but I know of many victims and how they felt including lost lives then, Have respect for Nigerian, People living there are the Nigerians, next time I will treat your reply better than this learn how to contribute to matters. Don't be rude to people or thug act online.

Ok you give us a clue. who are the Wonder bank people that the EFCC should go after to recover your money? Its complicated and its a forgotten issue. Sleep over it. This is Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by gent2ken(m): 12:37pm On Aug 27, 2009
@babaearly, That is what you could have said not telling someone to shut up online,when you don't know him and when his making sense here but believe me they know where they live. They can find them, they know them and where they are but because nobody to fight for us, nobody to speak no one to say it, that is why you see it like that, Imagine a group of organization advertised both on radio,television stations and news paper end up in hanging people's money for years and no action, I think Government should have little feelings for people's under them,
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by atilla(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
I dont think CBN ever recognised all those institutions as banks. In that case its the police that should do somethnig about it not CBN.
Sorry about ur lost money sha
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by gReenmAn(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2009
@babaearly, That is what you could have said not telling someone to shut up online,when you don't know him and when his making sense here but believe me they know where they live. They can find them, they know them and where they are but because nobody to fight for us, nobody to speak no one to say it, that is why you see it like that, Imagine a group of organization advertised both on radio,television stations and news paper end up in hanging people's money for years and no action, I think Government should have little feelings for people's under them,

I don't believe the victims know where the scammers live.

Trust me, they would be dead meat by now,
either through physical or spiritual means.
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
Wonder banks victims were warned
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by kim15: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Wonder banks victims were warned

@Fhemmmy by whom?
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by Nezan(m): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2009
9ja-rians and fraud, when we go repent?
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by mrperfect(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2009
Thank God people are wiser now.I think during that time people where warned, and also encourage to report an activities, but how many of us report the issue?
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by Rollyj: 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2009
Most reactions have just focussed on wonder banks. What of the main culprit in the name of NOSPETCO OIL AND GAS COMPANY? This company collected depositors funds running into billions of naira. Its 2 years now since the company has stopped operations and the chairman and directors are still moving around as free men. One would be tempted to say there is no rule of law in this country or government are collaborators. What is the fate of Nigerians whose funds are trapped in this company? Do we still have hope that the Nigerian Government will do something about this issue?
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by 3kay945(m): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2009
i almost fall in last 2yrs for dis wonder or sharp+sharp money but i was too stingy to release my dough.,if not i wil be tongue my wound now
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by comrado: 5:05pm On Aug 28, 2009
[color=#990000][/color]

I quite appreciate the fact that Nigerians dont 4get things easily even though we are high risk flyers. I do agree that the regulatory authorities have much to do on the issue of WONDER BANKS. Sometimes ago, they attempted bailing us out of the shit but alas, they derailed perhaps they were settled too by the tricksters. Not to worry, very soon, i say very very very soon, we shall now how far in this country.

There would be a radical bail out, means.

comrado
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by NosaHenry(m): 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2009
As at the time most of those wonder banks were closed they were still fully operational. Nospecto for instance paid till the last day it was forced to close down. Since govt frozen their accounts nothing meaningful has been heard of people's hard earned investments. The painful thing is most retirees put in their pension funds. Some people have died out of frustration of see their money go just like that. Govt should do something about this gross injustice.
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by gent2ken(m): 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2009
Nosa-Henry:

As at the time most of those wonder banks were closed they were still fully operational. Nospecto for instance paid till the last day it was forced to close down. Since govt frozen their accounts nothing meaningful has been heard of people's hard earned investments. The painful thing is most retirees put in their pension funds. Some people have died out of frustration of see their money go just like that. Govt should do something about this gross injustice.

The government just have to do something, it over 2years now and I bet you people life are still at stake. I know government know where they are and all their banks account frozen so what government are waiting for if they av all this,let them have a sure link of everyone that presently av money with them get their money refund as a good government should do, They know this people and they can ind them, I was told some o this people av many properties their in ibadan and build mighty houses at oluyole estate,living big and their children with people money, Imagine those pensioners what life do you think they are living now, If government is not helping people by providing job and facilities for free use,cant they help them in getting back their money from this thieves , Im still giving 1more years and I will consider that country as non governor country,
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by adebayo111: 2:44am On Aug 29, 2009
The truth of the matter is that the govt is only trying to exonorate themselves from the incident claiming that people were warned before the incident.
Can anybody who claims that ''the investors are greedy'' tell me in which publication and on what date did the government warned the people.
Is it the warning that came four years after the existence of nospecto, or the warning and eventual declaration by cbn that they are scam. All this were done to encourage savings and keep the banks from falling. The warning was not meant to save the masses from loosing their money but to make the cbn achieve its post consolidation target. What the government ought to have done is to ask them to register with the right regulatory bodies and also deposit an amount with the apex bank. If anyone of them cant do it alone they can be made to merge. Government should not shy away from its responsibilitier, it is the duty of the government to foresee this things before they happened.
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by adebayo111: 3:01am On Aug 29, 2009
In a country where the illiterate level is high and the number of people living on less them $1 a day is high, they look up to the government for hope. Its a shame that the government cant live up to expectations. The government in this country is meant for the few rich people around. Where was the government when it all started, they only wade in when its obvious that their existence will threaten the survival of charles soludo consolidation exercise. The exercise is a pure failure. Look at what is happening to the banks just three years after consolidation. I want all electorate to believe in God only, no politician can salvage this country from the jaw of poverty. They are all liars, infact they should be asked to resign for deviating from their manifesto
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by fyneguy: 9:14am On Aug 29, 2009
My people

Let's organize a protest match to EFCC's office next week.

Let's demand the recovery of wonderbanks' investors' funds, since EFCC is in a debt recovery mode.
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by aaidel(m): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2009
Abi all those in support should contact me for ashoebi wey we go wear that day na only 1500
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by poh: 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2009
the case of wonder banks are in the court and i think we should give the courts a chance. i am also a victim and i have been following all the proceedings in court. i think we should wait for the final judgement. the case is almost over
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by jamace(m): 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2009
The issue is that the judiciary is not immuned from the corruption in Nigeria, that is why Nigeria is such a convoluted maze with everybody asking "Who shall deliver us?". The immediate injunctions always placed by the judiciary on every issue leaves me in a more demoralised state, and a conviction that the judiciary in Nigeria has become strength for the highest bidder. Nothwithstanding, i will adopt a wait and see attitude to this wonderbank issue, hoping the judiciary will prove me wrong.
Re: EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? by 3kay945(m): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2009
ill issues!! abi when re we goin to rejoice in dis country?, as one closes another unfoldin, the beautiful ones re yet to reincarnated

(1) (2) (Reply)

IBB Is Confused, Says Jonathan / Northern Leaders To FG: Demilitarise The North Now / Nigeria Is Africa’s Top Investment Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.