Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:56 PM

What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (38096 Views)

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings by brocab: 2:58am On Jul 09, 2015
Well done, slowly but surely every Christian who see's this should be free from that tithing curse.
Naijastuv:
Please see the following. The word of God is clear but we let others tell us what it says instead of reading for ourselves

The Truth about Tithing by Pastor Antonio Thomas of Freedom Christian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67wiZovdpl0

The truth about tithing - Malachi 3:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN8hf5vD4Hc

Tithing & New Testament Giving - Tithes & Offerings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHXs5lKCiVQ

No More Tithing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeDi5E16P0

Re: What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings by tayday31: 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
People, the person who wrote the last entry b4 this one I am writing hit the nail on the head. The tithe was never a part of the Mosaic LAW. But it IS apart of our COVENANT with Yahweh. Everyone wants to think that the pastors and leaders want people to give tithes to "fleece" the sheep, as someone said on this forum, when in actuality, there are conditions and benefits that come with giving the tithe. READ IN ITS ENTIERTY...Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 10BRING ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and PROVE me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts
Verse 11 Says THE LORD OF HOSTS SAID IT. When did he start UN-SAYING it!!! I will answer that for you,,, NEVER! Again the tithe was NOT apart of the 10 Commandments. It was a SPIRITUAL COVENANT for the priests (Read Malachi Chapter 2) In the days of the tabernacle there were 2 sects of people who tended to the things of the temple, the Levites and the Koathites. Both made sure that the High Priest and his family had ENOUGH to eat when them and the congregation finished eating.. In other words, meat in the storehouse, Which is still in operation today. Not so pastors can ride around in Jags and wear bling all day either. The tithe was and still is for the STOREHOUSE. NOT the pastors pockets. Unfortunately there have been pastors over the decades that have abused this scripture so now the true pastors of Yahweh have to re-fleece and reteach the tithe to the sheep. Its not about giving "mammon" its about being a figurehead in the local community so that when there is a need in your community, people do not need to go to the government for assistance (which btw is TOTALLY unscriptural) they go to the house of GOD. The Pharisees and the Roman Government did not give the Jews one red nickel! but the were always ready and willing to collect their taxes. We read all day that Jesus says to render unto Caesar what is Caesars but we stop there. We don't read the REST of that scripture which says what? RENDER UNTO GOD what is GOD"S (Mark 12:17). So, now we have the originator of this form (which has a very good handle on the scriptures for contextual value but lets look at CONTENT.) Are the sheep of our pastures MATURE enough to give to Gods storehouse that which is sustainable for the upkeep of Gods house? In other words, give what you want to give sheep because you're mature enough to hear the Voice of Yahweh as to what's needed. We want the blessings of God but we cannot be trusted to give 10% to the work of your local church. We pay more attention to what the Pastor does with the tithe than being obedient to give it!!! Unbeknownst to us, we spend 10% of our paycheck on frivolous stuff at Target Wal Mart and McDonalds and Starbucks like its nothing but moan and complain about keeping 90% when God has blessed you to have the job and the promotion, you cant stretch your faith 10% beyond your normal giving as a first fruit offering which NEVER was done away with, in order to bless the work of your local ministry Are you serious And we wonder why homeless people Single mothers etc cannot go to Gods house for help financially AND SPIRITUAL counseling to go with that I might add, because the people of the house are robbing God but reaping the benefits of good teaching and counseling themselves. Sounds like the Pharisees to me. Jesus called them White Washed Tombs (Matthew 23:27). Knowing it all (the letter) but missing the SPIRITUAL intent. But were the first ones to cry God is good and I'm blessed! NO, you say you say youre blessed because you're COMFORTABLE where God Nerve wants us to be comfortable BUT in HIM and him only. So most of the above forums (with the exception of the one b4 this one) miss the WHOLE point. NO, you do not HAVE to give tithes as a prerequisite for to get to heaven but the WORD says ye are cursed WITH a curse, not because ure not a nice person and you give to charities and community events etc. THAT IS NOT TITHE that's freewill offering, which is ok but it is NOT the WHOLE WORD OF THE LORD. And 1 more thing. We should NOT expect people who want to twist and contort scripture to disqualify a truth. Giving the tithe was not a LAW but it was a TRUTH. The truth makes us all free from the bondage of poverty and a lifestyle that is not contusive to spiritual living (John 8:32). Its funny that some people on this forum try so hard to disprove tithe paying but let me ask those of you a question, would it be a bad thing to just GIVE it not wondering about if it is any longer scriptural? None of us can out give Yahweh anyway. Nowhere in scripture does it say you are or will be cursed if you practice a type of giving that is "supposedly" defunct. Yahweh said PROVE him didn't he? That word prove is a faith concept When did that (faith) ever become unlawful?
Re: What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings by brocab: 2:15am On Nov 13, 2017
They have strong conviction about tithing, only because they were taught to tithe.
We were taught to tithe at the beginning, but through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, He set us free. It's out duty to bring the truth to you, The Word of God have given you verse after verse, and still you refuse the scriptures, tithing is of the law, and cursed is everyone who obey's that law.
{Galatians 2:21} I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteous comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.
{Galatians 5:4} You have become entangled from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by the law, you have fallen from grace.
{Galatians 3:10-12} For as many as are under the law are under the curse, for it is written Cursed is everyone who does not continual in all things which are written in the book of the law, And that no-one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for the just shall live by faith, yet the law is not of faith, and the man who does them shall live by them.
We are of faith, not of the law, tithers are of the law, and not of faith.
{James 2:10} For whoever keeps the hole law, and yet stumbles in just one point, he has become guilty of all.
The law had 613 laws attached to it, you obey one, but you don't obey the 612 laws, you break one law you have broken them all, and you have broken them all, you don't tithe the way God had told His people to tithe..
{Galatians 5:2} Mark my words, I Paul tell you, that if you let yourself to be circumcised, Christ will be of no valve to you at all.
Do you circumcise?
{1 Timothy 6:3-5} Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose godliness is their means to financial gain.
Jesus said: From such withdraw yourselves.
Its just a matter of time, you will realise tithing brings in lukewarm Christians of the street, people that don't need saving, but need the money..
duality:

Kunle, I’d like to know the ministry you fellowship with.{ Jst being curious }
i.m not new to this forum, coz I know your  stock-in – trade is to open controversial  threads about Christianity . As if your life depended on it .
I jst said you could say, stop paying taxes  ; after all its being misappropriated
You see, doing this would not stop people who have strong conviction about tithing; b/cos they have Gods blessings to show for it. So IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE CONVICTION , THEN DON’T PAY. Haba!
It seems you don’t read those threads u create coz no matter all you say people still believe in tithing.
So save urself these stress and let God be the judge. Coz YOU ARE NOT GOD.
Re: What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings by brocab: 2:33am On Nov 13, 2017
In Christ we are givers, but if your pastor fills he needs to preach tithing every week shows he, nor you are in Christ.
Datope:
@ KunleOshob

I keep wondering whats with you and tithes.

I want you to always remember that there are two sides to every coin.

If my pastor or anyone can twist the bible for me to pay tithes, anyone be it pastor or not also can twist the bible for me not to pay tithes.

In as much as it is not expressly written in the bible as: Woe unto you that PAY tithes or woe unto you that DO NOT pay tithe[/b]s - We should learn to give our brief and let the holy spirit lead us as Christian.

It is expressly written in the bible that "[b] the fool hath said in his heart, there is no God
" yet so many do not believe in the God's existence. I think we can start tackling things from those areas that are boldly written in the bible.

This is just my own 2 cents. Ciao
Re: What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings by brocab: 2:46am On Nov 13, 2017
He isn't he is just sharing the Word of God, man the bible is full of verses that backs up against tithing, tithing is of the law, and you are cursed if you continual to obey them.
We are used by God to spread the truth, to the nations, Jesus said: go out unto all the nations and spread the gospel.
We are spreading the gospel-like He say's to do, and still the world comes against us for doing such..
Listen to yourself...
Datope:
@ Kunle Oshobu,:

21But test and prove all things [until you can recognize] what is good; [to that] hold fast.

Thank God you'[/b]ve been able to recognise that which is good, after testing and proving.

Please let [b]others
also test and prove all things until they are able to recognise that which is good and to that they should be able to hold fast - Just like you.

Please stop making that YOU alone have recognised as truth to be a basis.

My 2 cents once again.

Ciao
Re: What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings by brocab: 3:13am On Nov 13, 2017
{Deuteronomy 14:22-14} Tithing is of the law.
The Mosaic Law of Tithing.
Moses finally came to the conclusion that a tithing system was necessary for the nation of Israel.
This occurred at the beginning of the second year of the Exodus. He told the Israelites that they should henceforth give a tenth part of their seed crops and fruit trees plus every tenth animal to the treasury in the newly erected Tabernacle. {Leviticus 27:30-33}.
The differences we have in Christ-we give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, which is, his image on the coin, and give to God what belongs to God, we are God's image. {Mark 12:17}
Let me explain it this way-The face of Cesar was on the coin so he is saying give Cesar back his coins, and give God what is his, which is yourself. Your soul! Give it back to the one who created you.
Christ avoided the question to avoid being caught in the trap but the answer he gave was of great literary and teaching meaning.
Our souls are worth more to The Lord, than coins.(taxes) are to the Roman tithers.
Most Christians would rather twist this scripture to sound like His asking for the money, it is not about money, this scripture is about giving to God, He isn't interested in your money, His interested in His created beings.
tayday31:
People, the person who wrote the last entry b4 this one I am writing hit the nail on the head.
The tithe was never a part of the Mosaic LAW. But it IS apart of our COVENANT with Yahweh. Everyone wants to think that the pastors and leaders want people to give tithes to "fleece" the sheep, as someone said on this forum, when in actuality, there are conditions and benefits that come with giving the tithe. READ IN ITS ENTIERTY...Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. 9Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. 10BRING ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and PROVE me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts
Verse 11 Says THE LORD OF HOSTS SAID IT. When did he start UN-SAYING it!!! I will answer that for you,,, NEVER! Again the tithe was NOT apart of the 10 Commandments. It was a SPIRITUAL COVENANT for the priests (Read Malachi Chapter 2) In the days of the tabernacle there were 2 sects of people who tended to the things of the temple, the Levites and the Koathites. Both made sure that the High Priest and his family had ENOUGH to eat when them and the congregation finished eating.. In other words, meat in the storehouse, Which is still in operation today. Not so pastors can ride around in Jags and wear bling all day either. The tithe was and still is for the STOREHOUSE. NOT the pastors pockets. Unfortunately there have been pastors over the decades that have abused this scripture so now the true pastors of Yahweh have to re-fleece and reteach the tithe to the sheep. Its not about giving "mammon" its about being a figurehead in the local community so that when there is a need in your community, people do not need to go to the government for assistance (which btw is TOTALLY unscriptural) they go to the house of GOD. The Pharisees and the Roman Government did not give the Jews one red nickel! but the were always ready and willing to collect their taxes. We read all day that Jesus says to render unto Caesar what is Caesars but we stop there. We don't read the REST of that scripture which says what? RENDER UNTO GOD what is GOD"S (Mark 12:17). So, now we have the originator of this form (which has a very good handle on the scriptures for contextual value but lets look at CONTENT.) Are the sheep of our pastures MATURE enough to give to Gods storehouse that which is sustainable for the upkeep of Gods house? In other words, give what you want to give sheep because you're mature enough to hear the Voice of Yahweh as to what's needed. We want the blessings of God but we cannot be trusted to give 10% to the work of your local church. We pay more attention to what the Pastor does with the tithe than being obedient to give it!!! Unbeknownst to us, we spend 10% of our paycheck on frivolous stuff at Target Wal Mart and McDonalds and Starbucks like its nothing but moan and complain about keeping 90% when God has blessed you to have the job and the promotion, you cant stretch your faith 10% beyond your normal giving as a first fruit offering which NEVER was done away with, in order to bless the work of your local ministry Are you serious And we wonder why homeless people Single mothers etc cannot go to Gods house for help financially AND SPIRITUAL counseling to go with that I might add, because the people of the house are robbing God but reaping the benefits of good teaching and counseling themselves. Sounds like the Pharisees to me. Jesus called them White Washed Tombs (Matthew 23:27). Knowing it all (the letter) but missing the SPIRITUAL intent. But were the first ones to cry God is good and I'm blessed! NO, you say you say youre blessed because you're COMFORTABLE where God Nerve wants us to be comfortable BUT in HIM and him only. So most of the above forums (with the exception of the one b4 this one) miss the WHOLE point. NO, you do not HAVE to give tithes as a prerequisite for to get to heaven but the WORD says ye are cursed WITH a curse, not because ure not a nice person and you give to charities and community events etc. THAT IS NOT TITHE that's freewill offering, which is ok but it is NOT the WHOLE WORD OF THE LORD. And 1 more thing. We should NOT expect people who want to twist and contort scripture to disqualify a truth. Giving the tithe was not a LAW but it was a TRUTH. The truth makes us all free from the bondage of poverty and a lifestyle that is not contusive to spiritual living (John 8:32). Its funny that some people on this forum try so hard to disprove tithe paying but let me ask those of you a question, would it be a bad thing to just GIVE it not wondering about if it is any longer scriptural? None of us can out give Yahweh anyway. Nowhere in scripture does it say you are or will be cursed if you practice a type of giving that is "supposedly" defunct. Yahweh said PROVE him didn't he? That word prove is a faith concept When did that (faith) ever become unlawful?
Re: What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings by brocab: 6:13am On Nov 13, 2017
Muslims believe in purgatory.
Muslims Believe in Hell
We all know Christians believe in hell. According to Christianity, people who disobey God and who don’t accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior will go to hell when they die. This is common knowledge throughout the Christian Church.
But what about in Islam?
Muslims believe in hell just the way Christians do except, that their concept of hell is a little bit different from that of Christians in the sense that they believe that for some sinners hell isn’t a permanent place of suffering as many Christians see it.
According to Muslims, the punishment that certain sinners receive in hell is temporary in the sense that these sinners don’t stay in hell forever. Certain sinners will be set free from hell and brought to paradise after paying for the sins they committed while on Earth.
The Catholic Church believes in purgatory too, so where did the Muslims retrieve their teachings?, Was it from the Catholic Church, or visa versa?

muslims too claim hellfire. What's left that they havent borrowed from christianity? grin
Re: What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings by MrPristine: 6:26am On Nov 13, 2017
Very insightful
Re: What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings by brocab: 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
If we are here to spell out the truth, let'd lay it down on the table.
Everybody that say's they love Christ, and refuses to obey His Word, is a liar, and the truth is not found in them.
Christ is the way no-one comes to the Father without Jesus, and Jesus said: One must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God.
Many are called, but few are chosen, not everyone that says to Me, lord lord will enter into the kingdom of heaven, some will say, did I not caste out demons in your name, teach in your name, prophesy in your name, and the lord will say to him, get away from Me, I never knew you.
How many born again Christians each week refuse Christ-how many are truly saved. Jesus said: by their fruit we will know them.
Some believers will see heaven in all it's glory, many of us won't see heaven, because we are to busy travelling the highways of destruction into hell.
Everyday there are believers from all walks of life, spending eternity with their god they had chosen to obey.
What a nightmare to even think down these lines, but the truth is, it's true, our loved ones we once knew, didn't make it to be with the lord, in reality, their past life tells the story, did they make it, what was their final choice before they died?
It's time Christians to check yourselves, to know, if you are ready to front the lord, when your judgement day arrives.
Eternity in hell will break a man, if you are a woman, how much more fear will it be, if we were a child.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet, C.O Mohammed Weds Young Lady (photos) / Order Of Egbesu Brotherhood (OEB) Member Performs Rites In A River In Bayelsa / Answer This Sunday School Question My People. (see Question)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.