Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. (5145 Views)

Evangelist Mike Bamiloye: I Used To Steal & Pick The Pockets At The Age Of 7 & 8 / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Man Tears The Holy Bible And Got Blasted (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 11:00am On Jun 09, 2016
A major issue of contention between Christains and Scientists ,has been, that of the age of the Universe .most Christains believe that world is 6000yrs old .as calculated by Arch Bishop James Ussher. his calculation were based on when Adam and Eve were created .while Scientist using mordern dating  technology believe the world is over 17Billion years old.both groups are partly right.
The Bible revels many important facts about a subject .if one reads all scriptures that pertain to it.using the various  bible verses on this subject ,will help us to understand the truth about the age of the Universe and the greatness of its maker,God.

Genesis1:1-31 The First chapter of genesis contains the primary creation account in Bible but their are other scriptures in the Bible which add important information about the creation of the orignal Earth. that were not included in the genesis account.

In Job38.
      God is speaking to an afflicted man named Job about many aspects of what
God did when He first created the earth and
the entire Universe. He says to Job: “Where
were you when I laid the foundations of the
earth?…Who laid the measures thereof?…
Whereupon are the foundations thereof
fastened? Or who laid the corner stone
thereof; when the morning stars sang
together, and all the sons of God shouted for
joy?” God speaks of making the clouds in
verse 9, setting the boundaries of the oceans
in verses 8-12, and and there is a reference to polar icecaps in verses 29-30 where the “waters” of “the deep” are “frozen.” In verse 33, God asks Job if he knows about the “ordinances” (laws) of heaven? In other words, God asks Job if he knows about the laws of the Universe which govern its movements and its composition.

In Isaiah 45, God also makes references to the time when he first made the heavens and the earth. In verses 12 and 18, God states: “I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded…For thus says
the LORD who created the heavens: God himself that formed the earth and made it… he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited; I am the LORD; and there is none else.” [Emphasis added.]
Notice that while this verse asserts God made the heavens and the earth and created man upon that earth, God does not state that he “made mankind on the earth” as soon as the earth was created.

These “stars” were angels (Rev. 12:4), also
described as “sons of God.” (Of course, literal
stars do not sing.) Notice that it says “all” of them
“shouted” and “sang together.” There were not yet demons at the time of creation in Job38.

This scripture shows that the earth was created in a wonderful and beautiful condition. There was great joy and singing. Now read Genesis 1:2.
This verse is mistranslated and does not reflect
the meaning of the original Hebrew. The King
James Version of the Bible says, “And the earth
was without form, and void.” Three key Hebrew
words are all mistranslated here, thus obscuring,
and actually hiding, the verse’s true meaning.
The word translated “was” is hayah. The words for “without form, and void” are tohu
and bohu. Correctly translated, they mean
“chaotic, in confusion, waste and empty.” In
short, a perfectly created earth ( vs. 1), “became
chaotic and confused” (vs. 2). Tohu and bohu are
translated identically in Jeremiah 4:23. Isaiah
34:11, among other places, translates this phrase
as “confusion and emptiness.”
It is evident that at some point after the
heavenly beings shouted for joy when God
first made the earth “to be inhabited,” God
delegated to Lucifer and his complement of
angels the supervision of the physical earth.
The earth was their place of “habitation.”
When Lucifer later rebelled by leaving his
place of habitation to ascend to heaven in a
rebellion to dethrone God, Lucifer was
defeated and hurled back down to their
proper place of “habitation.” Jesus Christ
stated in Luke 10:18 that he had seen
Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Jesus
had to be referring to his own pre-existent
Divine state (John 1:1-3 , 10-14 , 17:5
, Philippians 2:5-11 ) when he saw
Satan hurled down to the earth. Since the
pre-existent Jesus was the one who “made
all things” in the first place (John 1:1-3 ),
he very likely was the one who threw Lucifer
(later called “Satan”) back to his original
place of habitation.
However, the beautiful earth that God
originally made to be inhabited by Lucifer and
many angels was destroyed in the course of
this heavenly warfare. Jude 6 records that
Satan and the angels who left their proper
place of habitation were placed in “chains
under darkness .” Jude 13 likens them to
“wandering stars” amidst the “raging waves
of the sea , foaming out their own shame.”
This post-rebellion state of the earth (with
raging waves and darkness) sounds exactly as the state of the earth in Genesis1:1

Conclusion
God made a beautiful and perfect  Earth and Universe Billions of years ago.that Earth was destoryed when Satan and his angels who rebelled against God .were thrown out of heaven to earth. the creation account in Genesis 1. is were God restored the earth.this is also confirmed by Psalm 104:30
(Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.)
says God renew the Earth.
The seven days of the creation week
are when God renewed a damaged, injured earth then completely covered with water (Gen. 1:2)
So Man has been on earth for about 6000yrs as accounted by christains.but the Earth and the Universe were made by God almightly billions of years ago before man was created.

God: General over all Dominion

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by donnffd(m): 11:14am On Jun 09, 2016
blueAgent:
while Scientist using mordern dating  technology believe the world is over 17Billion years old.both groups are partly right.

The age is actually 13.8 billion years, not 17 billion...

So Man has been on earth for about 6000yrs as accounted by christains.

How do you explain the bones of humans that are 200,000years old
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by harlems02: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2016
Thanks...what an expository. Good job
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by dblackninja: 11:22am On Jun 09, 2016
God created the perfect uninhabited earth billions of years ago for the game of chess (a battle ground) to test his strength.
Destroyed it when he was chasing Satan around like Tom and Jerry. Then reconstructed it 6,000 years ago--this time with humans to praise him for his mighty strength in the victory against the agent of darkness Satan.
You can thank me for the summary wink

Christians using any means to justify the many inconsistencies of the bible..making what is already absurd more ridiculous.

4 Likes

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
donnffd:

Those are Pre - Adamites .
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by Brigance(m): 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Those are Pre - Adamites .
What in holy grail is Pre-adamites?
Can this get more ridiculous?

2 Likes

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
Brigance:

What in holy grail is Pre-adamites?

Can this get more ridiculous?

I'm an old earth creationist and there was life before Adam . Do we have a problem here ?

1 Like

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by Brigance(m): 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm an old earth creationist and there was life before Adam . Do we have a problem here ?

Maybe you should chalk up your claims with credible reference.

E.g, Bible.
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2016
Brigance:

Maybe you should chalk up your claims with credible reference.

E.g, Bible.

Let me ask you just two questions

1 . Did the bible ever mention or agree to any age of the earth or universe even tacitly

2. Did the bible mention that Adam was the first man

2 Likes

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by Brigance(m): 7:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Let me ask you just two questions

1 . Did the bible ever mention or agree to any age of the earth or universe even tacitly

2. Did the bible mention that Adam was the first man

Let's make use of your logic.

Let's assume for your sake that the above questions answers negative.

How does that justify your exegesis claim on old earth creationism?

Does proving a wrong prove a right?
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by johnydon22(m): 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
God made a beautiful and perfect Earth and Universe Billions of years
ago.that Earth was destoryed when Satan and his angels who rebelled against
God .were thrown out of heaven to earth. the creation account in Genesis 1. is
were God restored the earth.

God made a beautiful earth then struggled with satan in heaven (Heavenly politics and coup) and then out of all the billions of a trillion planet in this universe remarkable only earth was caught in between the tuff war.

Only earth remarkably a chance it is did God choose to send satan to out of countless other planets.

And then earth had to be restored.. Hahahaha cool story..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
johnydon22:

God made a beautiful earth then struggled with satan in heaven (Heavenly politics and coup) and then out of all the billions of a trillion planet in this universe remarkable only earth was caught in between the tuff war.

Only earth remarkably a chance it is did God choose to send satan to out of countless other planets.

And then earth had to be restored.. Hahahaha cool story..

Clown. God gave the devil the earth to be incharge of, before the devil's rebellion. so it is logical for God to still send him back to the earth.
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

True. those lives that existed before Adam were dinosaurs and Serpertine creatures .proved and discovered by Scientists.
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
donnffd:

Those are bones of Dinosaurs and other monster creatures destoryed during the conflict.
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
harlems02:
Thanks...what an expository. Good job

Thanks
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
dblackninja:
God created the perfect uninhabited earth billions of years ago for the game of chess (a battle ground) to test his strength.
Destroyed it when he was chasing Satan around like Tom and Jerry. Then reconstructed it 6,000 years ago--this time with humans to praise him for his mighty strength in the victory against the agent of darkness Satan.
You can thank me for the summary wink

Christians using any means to justify the many inconsistencies of the bible..making what is already absurd more ridiculous.

You should be ashamed that Science just proved the authenticity of the Bible and that disproves all your Evolution garbage.
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by donnffd(m): 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
blueAgent:

Those are bones of Dinosaurs and other monster creatures destoryed during the conflict.

No, bones of dinosaurs date back to 65million years ago

What i am talking of is "Homo sapiens sapiens" aka Modern humans (your species) bones that are 200,000years old, how do you explain that?
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by johnydon22(m): 9:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
blueAgent:

Clown. God gave the devil the earth to be incharge of, before the devil's rebellion. so it is logical for God to still send him back to the earth.

lol you seem to be in love with the word "clown" .. you argue with emotions and not objectivity.

anyway cool story
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by Brigance(m): 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
blueAgent:

True. those lives that existed before Adam were dinosaurs and Serpertine creatures .proved and discovered by Scientists.

Your humour doesn't fall short of awe.

So, there was a beginning before the beginning recorded in the bible where the best of God's imagination were dinosaurs?

lol..

I wonder what sins those ones committed before he sent them extinct..

or dinosaurs were homosexuals too shocked

1 Like

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2016

Haha Creationist Always Trying To Chip In Lie To Explain The Bible And Still Don't Mk Any Sense Eh
This Same Creationist That Don't Believe In dinosaur Kia When Will U Guys Stop Lying??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by dblackninja: 3:15am On Jun 15, 2016
blueAgent:

You should be ashamed that Science just proved the authenticity of the Bible and that disproves all your Evolution garbage.
{Science+} and {Bible-} Can never ever harmonize. How can science, which shows the truth give proof for a
fa ble -- the bi ble ? Delusion I call it.

Destruction and renewal of earth because of a single, mischievous entity created by god? Lmao cheesy
That even shows the omnipotency of your God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 9:28am On Jun 15, 2016
dblackninja:

{Science+} and {Bible-} Can never ever harmonize. How can science, which shows the truth give proof for a
fa ble -- the bi ble ? Delusion I call it.

Destruction and renewal of earth because of a single, mischievous entity created by god? Lmao cheesy
That even shows the omnipotency of your God.
Ww

I laugh at your ingnorance.which Science shows the truth? the same science that cannot explain the origin of Man,Life and the Universe without contractdicting itself?

Science is overhyped. it is proffession like any other.it is non-human.it does not even understand its on princples and how they came about. like gravity,elements,magnetism,force,motion,life.

Just quit fooling yourself.
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 9:28am On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=Brigance post=46578580]

Your humour doesn't fall short of awe.

So, there was a beginning before the beginning recorded in the bible where the best of God's imagination were dinosaurs?

lol..

I wonder what sins those ones committed before he sent them extinct..

or dinosaurs were homosexuals too

How does this make the Bible creation story and the age of the universe invalid?

Try and put your brain on, before you talk.
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2016
johnydon22:

lol you seem to be in love with the word "clown" .. you argue with emotions and not objectivity.

anyway cool story

You fit the word clown.whats the objectivity?are you saying that God can't decide were to place the Devil?
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 9:38am On Jun 15, 2016
donnffd:

No, bones of dinosaurs date back to 65million years ago

What i am talking of is "Homo sapiens sapiens" aka Modern humans (your species) bones that are 200,000years old, how do you explain that?

There is nothing like Homo sapiens.stop believing all those Evolution crap.invented to decieve people.
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by johnydon22(m): 9:40am On Jun 15, 2016
blueAgent:

You fit the word clown.whats the objectivity?are you saying that God can't decide were to place the Devil?

Its a very cool story
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by donnffd(m): 9:58am On Jun 15, 2016
blueAgent:

There is nothing like Homo sapiens.stop believing all those Evolution crap.invented to decieve people.

LOOOOOOL, ok sir, i would stop...lmao

People would never cease to amaze me

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by urahara(m): 10:14am On Jun 15, 2016
blueAgent:

Looooooiooooooooooooooolz. grin grin
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by urahara(m): 10:15am On Jun 15, 2016
[quote a cryuthor=KingEbukasBlog post=46420486]

Those are Pre - Adamites . [/quote]

Ebuka stop doing this to yourself cry cry

1 Like

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by urahara(m): 10:18am On Jun 15, 2016
johnydon22:

anyway cool story

The way and manner xtians cook things up to defend their fairy tales.

1 Like

Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by blueAgent(m): 10:39am On Jun 15, 2016
donnffd:

LOOOOOOL, ok sir, i would stop...lmao

People would never cease to amaze me

Am happy i did. if you have facts let see them. about the Homo sapiens and your evolution.
thats how we learn.
Re: Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. by KingEbukaNaija: 10:54am On Jun 15, 2016
johnydon22:

Its a very cool story

This is a cooler story ; nature created man and other living creatures and would obliterate him using epidemics , asteroids , global warming or evolution by mistake cheesy . But no atheist condemns uncle nature and seems to have accepted these events as the fate of man . And just somehow brother blueagent , they feel uncomfortable when they knew God would destroy his own creations in Hell .

Only fools would be deceived paying attention to these lots

I know how atheists will respond . They'll say its reality but somehow just somehow they are uncomfortable with the fairytale undecided

And I thought common sense was common grin grin grin grin

cc : urahara , dblackninja , Brigance , donnffd

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Faith Really? / What Man Must Do To Have A Right To The Tree Of Life / Is Religion A Hoax? - Watch the "truth" about The Greatest Story Ever Told

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.