Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB (27599 Views)

Funny Tweet Between FCMB Bank And The Nigerian Snake (photos) / Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) / Photos Of The Lady Who Returned N860k Transferred To Her Account By Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by princeryle1: 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
Bisjosh, we are extremely empathetic for the situation you find yourself. I would however like to point out somethings to you.

1. The exchange rate charged by banks upon the use of cards abroad is not static as a reuslt it changes from time to time depending on market forces
2. The amount you were charged i am sure is equivalent to the exchange rate for that particular day.
3.The limit for cash withdrawal on the ATM is 100 dollars and 300 dollars while using POS. That may be responsible for you not been able to withdraw cash
4. The 240 naira you mentioned as charge, is applicable for all cash withdrawal over the ATM and its one of the most competitive charges in the market
5. The official rate quoted by CBN is exclusive for transactions that passes through CBN i.e FORM A AND FORM M.
6. If you however need further assitance, kindly call 234012798800 or send a mail to contactcentreteam@fcmb.com or customerservice@fcmb.com. They are very responsive, attentive and would help you through the best solution.

Thank you for choosing FCMB My Bank and I
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by balancediet(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
Yea, on this u correct. u welcome.
dammydrumz:
FCMB staff spotted. grin
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by omaksaith(f): 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2016
Are you sure its the bank that charged that amount? Cos some pos operator in Dubai charge commission for using their pos.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by iamphill: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
Freciprocal:

"read and come back and read?" Please which school did u attend?

Goooo.aaat!
undecided

Let me educate you heifer, she meant she is scared of being stranded if they continue to charge her the 10k per transaction for all transactions she will make while in dubai..... Sometimes folly does not require a response child

1 Like

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Freciprocal: 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2016
iamphill:

Let me educate you heifer, she meant she is scared of being stranded if they continue to charge her the 10k per transaction for all transactions she will make while in dubai..... Sometimes folly does not require a response child

Interpreter... I guess u are also stranded. Seems u dint see a question mark in my first post. U don't need to express ur frustration online. Please next time quote with sense... now run along child! grin
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by jojothaiv(m): 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
salabscholar01:
FCMB and Lai are like...
Nope, Nigerian Banks and Lai....

1 Like

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by winkmart: 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
gidimasters:
no... of 100000 plus members

how much...watsapp me on 08038606260
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by gidimasters(m): 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
winkmart:

how much...watsapp me on 08038606260
25k... i prefer facebook rather.... check my signature
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by salabscholar01(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
jojothaiv:

Nope, Nigerian Banks and Lai....
... always a bunch of liars.. that's 9ja banks for you grin

1 Like

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by morganbayo: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
Let's know if u need financial assistance. I have been in that stranded situation b4 and I know how it was like. Pls don't hesitate if u need some help. God will be with u. Sorry bro.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by diva90: 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
Why don't u call them direct and speak to a customer service agent who will assist you ?
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by winkmart: 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
gidimasters:
25k... i prefer facebook rather.... check my signature

Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by gidimasters(m): 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
winkmart:

20k LAST
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by teabully(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
kennygee:

Chill bro, i only meant that on a light note.

Everybody body no fit dey hot.
I am wowed by this response, wish "Crazymom". Can take a cue from you.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2016
Dirham to Naira is now 94. Na wa o. Last time I was in Dubai, it was 52 or thereabout.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by winkmart: 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
gidimasters:
20k LAST
k
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by toocoded: 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
240 to a dollar ke? op, u wicked oooo. U want make them sack their workers too. Abi they should run at a loss cos of u. Biko, stop shebe!
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by grandstar(m): 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
ireneony:
Picture of you stranded in dubai undecided
This is no laughing matter!
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by gsalvatore: 8:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
Freciprocal:
10k difference Naim make u dey stranded?
Are you 12yr old?

Do you have comprehension problem? Can't you see with your blindness that he is scared(which is legitimate) to go on with more ttransaction at that rate.

***in Jack Blacks' voice***

Why am I even talking to you...

FCMB is on of the most useless banks in Nigeria...forget the Building architecture... Their services is rubbish... Their Gwarimpa branch is the worst branch of a bank in the whole word...I don't want to mention their wuse 2 branch, the one near Diamond bank Junction...

Very understaffed... With staffs treating customers like it's the customers fault...I only refer my worst enemies to that bank..

The staffs are not even neat...to iron their clothes sef na war..

Nothing monumental about that bank...Unless it's mediocrity.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by amazon14: 9:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
Brother i fill your pain fcmb that will load their ATM machine with fake bank notes, believe me i was a victim. Sorry when you come request for a statement of account from Them from two months to the present. and watch them sweat
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by similialayi(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
Rubbish!!!! I don't seem to understand this bank's probs. That was how i was unable to withrawl cash On different atm. I was just frustrated ... They should look into this situation. Is absurd..
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
Bank rates change every day and I doubt a bank will give you an exact rate you'll be charged throughout your stay that's strange though, I think you should call their customer service the number is have is 012798800 they are usually prompt with responses, as per your spending I think you should rather limit it to what's important since you don't have so much and the exchange rate is high, cheers.
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Vectormike(m): 11:13pm On Jun 09, 2016
Bisjosh:
Hello Nl fam,

It's with anger and frustration am using to write this so pls bear with the typos

I opened an account with Fcmb on 31st May 2016 based on recommendation from a colleague who used his atm card for transactions in Dubai.

I was told by fcmb customer service team that I would have my card activated for the period of time I would use in dubai(short visit)

Fcmb also notified me that I would be charged 240(two hundred and forty)naira as service charge per transaction. Which I thought was ok.

Now I'm in Dubai, I was unable to withdraw yesterday. After countless efforts to use the machine, I resolved to using Pos.

I bought some things worth 930dhs and paid using Pos. Note that exchange rate is 94 naira to 1 dhm.

Instead of 87000, I was debited 97000 naira angry shocked

That's 10,000 naira charge compared to 240 naira I was told.

I have sent a mail to them but no reasonable response yet from Fcmb.
Now I'm even more scared to use my card cos I do not know the amount I would be charged again and it's making me stranded . cry

Please am using this as a means of reaching fcmb cos I cannot over emphasize on the power of social media.

FCMB should tell me why I would be charged 10,000naira as opposed 240 naira for a Pos transaction.

Kindly call the customer
service at 012798800 or Tweet @MyFCMB
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by chachanga: 2:29am On Jun 10, 2016
Temmytea70:

Preposterous and balderdash talk coming out of your vocal cavity

Okokobioko, see Patrick Obaihaisomethingsomething junior sister's cousin's nephew... shocked
"Ermm, bros poster, Uncle Patty is calling you....ehn, you! Yes, he's calling u now now!"
Re: Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB by Miles300: 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
kennygee:

Even for transactions outside the country?
yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Communities, Markets In Sokoto Abandon Naira, Trade In CFA Over Scarcity Of New / FYNESTDEALS: AMAZON ITEM Orders Made Easy: Place your order / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.