Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Finding Love - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Finding Love (52190 Views)

Finding Mrs Right / Finding Me (a true life story) / Thawed... Finding Love Where You Least Expected It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding Love by lolaHikmat(f): 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
This is dedicated to kyrialuv

Lola couldn't understand why in the world Stella acted indifferent to the whole situation, no lady would ever try that with her man and go scout free. What she didn't like is the fact that her brother is hurting her best friend , she really did not know what to do but she decided to make the house a little uncomfortable for Tiara.
At breakfast the following day she kept putting Tiara in check and made sure she minimized her flirting with her brother.
Stella silently watched the battle between her best friend and Tiara, she was enjoying the show.
Her mind went to the reason why she was doing this and remembered everything will be signed over to her tomorrow. After that she will think of what to do with her marriage of pretense. She suddenly felt nauseous and rushed to throw up, Lola immediately followed her to the restroom and held her hair up.
She felt sick and Lola immediately took care of her and prepared a cup of herbal tea for her. A little while later she was feeling a whole lot better. Dare kept checking on her in her room to check on her from time to time. At least he cared she thought.
The day passed without much fun she just kept gisting with her friend.

The following day she made a mental note of visiting the hospital once she is done signing the document at the lawyer's office. Her father signed over her trust fund to her and was in possession of her inheritance. Immediately she was through she had lunch with her dad and the lawyer. She couldn't go to the hospital that day but made a mental note to do so before going to work the next day

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding Love by Missmossy(f): 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Someone is pregnant grin really enjoying the turn out of things. Kudos Lola smiley
Re: Finding Love by Kyrialuv(f): 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
lolaHikmat:
This is dedicated to kyrialuv

Lola couldn't understand why in the world Stella acted indifferent to the whole situation, no lady would ever try that with her man and go scout free. What she didn't like is the fact that her brother is hurting her best friend , she really did not know what to do but she decided to make the house a little uncomfortable for Tiara.
At breakfast the following day she kept putting Tiara in check and made sure she minimized her flirting with her brother.
Stella silently watched the battle between her best friend and Tiara, she was enjoying the show.
Her mind went to the reason why she was doing this and remembered everything will be signed over to her tomorrow. After that she will think of what to do with her marriage of pretense. She suddenly felt nauseous and rushed to throw up, Lola immediately followed her to the restroom and held her hair up.
She felt sick and Lola immediately took care of her and prepared a cup of herbal tea for her. A little while later she was feeling a whole lot better. Dare kept checking on her in her room to check on her from time to time. At least he cared she thought.
The day passed without much fun she just kept gisting with her friend.

The following day she made a mental note of visiting the hospital once she is done signing the document at the lawyer's office. Her father signed over her trust fund to her and was in possession of her inheritance. Immediately she was through she had lunch with her dad and the lawyer. She couldn't go to the hospital that day but made a mental note to do so before going to work the next day
tnx hun i rilli do appreciate.
I guess Stella is pregnant..let me wait and c sha
Re: Finding Love by lolaHikmat(f): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Missmossy:
Someone is pregnant grin really enjoying the turn out of things. Kudos Lola smiley

Thank you so much, you are one of those who keep me writing
Re: Finding Love by Mztemmy(f): 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Loving this already.....following silently
Re: Finding Love by lolaHikmat(f): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Mztemmy:
Loving this already.....following silently
Thank you ma
Re: Finding Love by Shakyroh320(f): 5:10am On Jun 19, 2016
Wen sum1 is loving u,then u too shld say thanking u.lolz,tankx 4 d update
Re: Finding Love by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 19, 2016
Stella don get alert Godwin. GUD JOB GUY

3 Likes

Re: Finding Love by Isiterere(m): 6:53am On Jun 19, 2016
Very captivating and a very good story line. I kinda like the similarity in the way you present your story to "standd" she always makes me glued to her story as well.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Finding Love by anonymousbim(f): 7:01am On Jun 19, 2016
Hmm,
Captivating story, more ink to your pen,
More power to your laptop.
More update please.
Re: Finding Love by AkanniOwolabi(m): 7:03am On Jun 19, 2016
lolaHikmat:
Chapter 3
Your dad was rushed here after he collapsed from heart failure"

Think it should be "collapsed of"
Re: Finding Love by adebayo3449(m): 7:11am On Jun 19, 2016
Nice story
Re: Finding Love by CuteChiluv: 7:12am On Jun 19, 2016
Lovely story, more ideas to your brain
Re: Finding Love by AkanniOwolabi(m): 7:18am On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=lolaHikmat post=46538960]After her father was discharged, she was warned to make sure he is not stressed or disturbed and everything he wants to be given to him and he needs maximum rest. She happily obeyed the doctors orders anything to bring her father to his feet. The Adams were really supporting throughout that period, they were the only one who stood by her. She will be forever grateful to them for the support given to her. She was happy she didn't have to face Dare at all for the past three weeks and at the same time it made her heart empty.
"You have a visitor " one of the maid told her .
"who"
"A Young man, ma"
"Okay I will be downstairs shortly"
She wondered who it was, she made her way downstairs and froze at the presence before her.
"Hi" Dare greeted.
"Hi, yourself"
"I wanted to check on, I had what happened to your father"
"Thanks"
"Lola who is there" Her father asked from the stairs
"Father you should be in resting"
"Stop treating me like a minor"
"I am not"
"Introduce me to your friend"
"He is not my friend he is Lola's brother"
" Malomo's son"
"Yes sir, I have heard a lot about you" Dare answered
"Welcome to my house, son. Your father told me you would arrive but due to my ailment I couldn't make it to the welcome party"
"It is Okay sir"
" How about, I host you and your family for dinner tomorrow "
" I would deliver the message "
"okay son, looking forward to meeting you very well"
Stella watched the exchange between her father and Dare and nearly lost it when her father invited dare to dinner the next day.Dare announced that he wants to be on his way and her father bade him goodbye and returned to his room.
"I will see you tomorrow" Dare told her, she saw him to his car and returned inside.

The next came, Stella was busy preparing for the Adams visit. She made sure the food was well cooked and had the maids arranged the dinning well. She bought different fruits. At around 6:30 she changed and made sure she was as simple in look as possible. The Adams arrived 30 minutes later and was welcomed. The men immediately took to discussing business and politics while Lola helped her in preparing the table. Dinner was delicious and Mrs Adams complimented her well. Her father took special liking to Dare to her dismay.
"So when do you plan to return" her father asked Dare
"Sir, I am actually back in Nigeria for good"
"Wow, that is good, so any plan on ground"
"I actually want to start my construction company here"
"That is good"
"I only need someone to help my feasibility study"
"Stella can do that"
"Dad I think Mr Dare can find another person" she pointed out.
"She would be perfect sir" Dare said eying her
"You will help him pumpkin, won't you" her father asked.
She felt cornered and didn't have a choice.
"Yes" she replied.
All through Lola was eying her suspiciously and felt there is something she is not telling her. Dare fixed her meeting with her at her shop and promised to pick her up on Monday.
like seriously, I commend your write up,likewise I ll urge you to punctuate properly where needed and ensure you avoid unnessary typos
[/quote
Re: Finding Love by Billionsmith: 7:19am On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=lolaHikmat post=46431624]The trip from the airport to the hotel felt like forever to her she can't wait to be in her lovers arm. Ruminating on how she met James, she can't help but smile. She felt lucky to have been able to get is attention. They both met when they where an undergraduate in the university and she has always had a crush on him so when he eventually noticed her it was a dream come true.
Who wouldn't have a crush on him one of the most handsome on campus and an African america. So crushed on him for 2years before a drama which involved her dad ensued that got him to notice her she was eternally grateful to God for that incident that led to the beginning of her relationship.
The sound of her phone jolted her to life , it was her business partner and best friend
" Hello Lola, sup"
" Nothing much, just wanted to know if you are there already"
"Yes I am "
"I know I should have adapted but wanted to know why you are hellbent over this guy, I don't just like his character you know"
" I don't know what is wrong with you but I thought I told you that I love this guy and he has been my source of happiness "
"Just can't help thinking he is a leech though" she said
"Lola he is my boyfriend and I would appreciate if you talk to him and address him with courtesy" Stella warned
"Sorry o madam just don't say I didn't warn you"
"Nothing is going to happen" she assured her friend
"OK ma just wanted to know you are save, when you are back we will hangout"
"Yes ma, Got to go I just arrived in the hotel talk to you later OK "
"Okay, but don't get to dirty uhmm. Take care of your self and bye"
"Bye"
That is Lola the one and only friend I have we make a great team she love clothes and is one of the most Beautiful girl I know. It is hard to tell who is the most beautiful between us. I am dark and she is light and I am a little taller. But we are like sisters and we love ourselves a lot. Thou I am older she is like the mom and I am her baby. She is equally wealthy and connected but it is hard to tell because she is too humble.
Erasing Lola's thought she proceeded to the reception. Head turned in her direction and she gave everyone a smile
"Hello " she said to the receptionist
"Welcome ma can you fill this form " Lady replied with her English heavily accented with French
"Sure"
"Here is your key , Enjoy you stay" the receptionists said
"Merci" she replied

She rode the elevator with excitement and full of smile.
"I can't wait to surprise him"
When she got to the room the door was opened. "perfect" she thought
She turned the knob and entered.
[/quote)

t is hard to tell who is the most beautiful between us. I
am dark and she is light and I am a little taller.

can I see their pix to determine who is more beautiful? lol
Re: Finding Love by AkanniOwolabi(m): 7:25am On Jun 19, 2016
lolaHikmat:
****chapter 4****

Monday came with Stella been jumpy at work all through she vowed not to let Dare's presence affect her. Lola noticed her mood and asked if she wanted anything which she declined. At around 1pm Dare arrived looking all handsome, his sister attended to him immediately and Stella went to her office to round up the days work.
Lola asked her brother "What is between you and Stella, she has been jumpy and uncomfortable since you returned. She can barely spend 10mins in your presence"
"Nothing, we just have little unfinished business in Paris"
"Unfinished you say"
"Lola are you always this nosy"
"when it is about my friend, Yes"
"The thing is .....
" I am set" Stella announced cutting Dare's sentence midway .
Lola replied "okay dear have fun"
Dare guided Stella out by the arm, and help her settle in the car. The journey was quite until Dare broke it
"Why did you run that morning"
"I didn't run"
"What did you do"
"I only prevented the situation from been awkward",
" You think so"
"Yes"
"That was the best night of my life"
"So this is about sex"
"No but it is part of it "
"Let us just concentrate on getting your business settled"
Surprisingly they got along well and discussed various issues ranging from business to hobbies, the found out they like almost same things. They both shy away from going into their personal lives. Dare liked her character and the way she see things.

They continue their hunting until they found a suitable place not too far from her fashion house. Dare thanked her for her help and asked to take her out so that she can show him where to have fun in Lagos, but she declined.
"What if Lola is included "
"No problem then"
Dare vowed to do anything to get her to spend time with him. They decided to fix Thursday night and Dare said he was going to bring a friend along too.
Thursday arrived without much event, her father is now very better. She told him of her outing and he eagerly agreed.
The club was bubbling when they arrived and everyone was having fun Dare's friend, Subomi was equally very handsome but Stella had eyes for Dare alone. Everyone socialized and was enjoying the moment. Subomi asked Lola to dance which left Dare and Stella alone.
"should we dance"
"Yes"
They all got on the dance floor and soon Stella and Lola stole the show but the men too proved to be good dancers. It was a fun filled night for her.
She excused herself to go outside. She was enjoying the breeze when she felt a presence beside her.
"Did I tell you how beautiful you look" Dare blew to her ears
"No"
"You are so beautiful that I find it difficult to keep my hands off you"
All the pent up emotions came rushing to the surface. She kept on staring at him an found it hard to swallow.
"Come here"
She hesitantly went into his arms. The kiss was urgent. it had the fervor of pent up emotions. They kept on kissing for long.
"We shouldn't be doing this " Stella said when it stopped
"Why not"
"You can't understand"
she said and left him standing confused
"Round up"? Why not "Round off"?

1 Like

Re: Finding Love by AkanniOwolabi(m): 7:32am On Jun 19, 2016
[Stella couldn't sleep well that night, event of the
day kept thinking about the event of the day,
from the kiss to the trust fund. ]
Taking extra time for prove reading will help alot dear
Re: Finding Love by Rashman578(m): 7:40am On Jun 19, 2016
I was supposed to be reading for ma test bt cudnt stopped myself 4rm reading dis all 4rm chapter one..
Fantastic story u bng putting up Hikmah..kip it up
more updates pls.
Re: Finding Love by DankemzI(m): 7:57am On Jun 19, 2016
AkanniOwolabi:

"Round up"? Why not "Round off"?

Hello? Must you quote the whole write up? She asked for constructive criticism not proofreading! Stop quoting the whole story you're occupying space Mbok!

3 Likes

Re: Finding Love by Shollarh(m): 7:58am On Jun 19, 2016
You've got issues switching between present and past tense. SHE CAN'T for example is in almost every chapter. Plus I don't think a virgin would readily give away her innocence like Stella. #myopinion
Re: Finding Love by AkanniOwolabi(m): 8:00am On Jun 19, 2016
very Captivating story dear, flashed back to when I used to be a love bird.
Re: Finding Love by AmiableJay(m): 8:02am On Jun 19, 2016
LolaHokmat, verily verily your story is full of sweetness. It's been long I read any story on Nairaland since the days of Flow1579, Frank etc but somehow your story hit a strong chord.
However, you've a lot of work to do on your punctuations and few typos up there to correct. And while I appreciate the fact that it's a short story so the tempo of the plot must move fast, I feel it's too speed. Someone like me likes suspense a lot and ever since Dare and Stella re-meeting, there haven't been any engaging suspense to sustain interest except of course for Tiara's involvement.
Anyway, you own your story and so the reins are in your hand. But please you can try and include some plot slower to reinforce suspense.
On the overall, you've a simple, yet engaging story dear. Thumbs up and please serve us the next goddamn update. Can't wait!
Re: Finding Love by DankemzI(m): 8:02am On Jun 19, 2016
lolaHikmat I love this story. I don't frequent this section, you glued me here. Next update should be dedicated to me wink
*** HAPPY FATHERS DAY HOUSE
Re: Finding Love by AkanniOwolabi(m): 8:02am On Jun 19, 2016
DankemzI:

Hello? Must you quote the whole write up? She asked for constructive criticism not proofreading! Stop quoting the whole story you're occupying space Mbok!
Lols, and mine is neither a destructive critism, besides I'm learning too.
Re: Finding Love by Mustybad(m): 8:09am On Jun 19, 2016
undecidedY is it dat sweet sweet stories don't get completed heen, it will be very captivating only for person to be waiting till 4eva for d next update.....Hokmat where hath Thou b4 i send ur particulars to my nephew in sambisa...i hope u knw who am refering to
Re: Finding Love by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 19, 2016
lolaHikmat:
I am new here so I need support and constructive criticism is allowed

@signature......u jst want to make common sense u be Murray Bruce
Re: Finding Love by ademiD(f): 8:23am On Jun 19, 2016
update o pls...so loving these story line
Re: Finding Love by lolaHikmat(f): 8:29am On Jun 19, 2016
I am honored, lots of people find my book interesting.
On the typos I am sorry I know there is no excuse for mistakes, so I am going to apologize though I initially want to blame it on the laptop.
(I no sabi English that much o, so no vex)
It is my first book so please accept it that way I promise that the next one I am writing will be a whole lot better. (Thinking of writing a book 2 for Lola).
So to everyone that love the book thank you very much you are my inspiration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finding Love by lolaHikmat(f): 8:31am On Jun 19, 2016
Mustybad:
undecidedY is it dat sweet sweet stories don't get completed heen, it will be very captivating only for person to be waiting till 4eva for d next update.....Hokmat where hath Thou b4 i send ur particulars to my nephew in sambisa...i hope u knw who am refering to
Bros Abeg no vex reach that level o
Re: Finding Love by lolaHikmat(f): 8:34am On Jun 19, 2016
Updating very soon

1 Like

Re: Finding Love by Mrlarry6790: 9:02am On Jun 19, 2016
hikmat where is the rest....
Re: Finding Love by johnp2(m): 9:18am On Jun 19, 2016
Wow I believe you don't sleep with your brain, it work even when you are asleep
Good write up
Keep it up
More grace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

THE BACHELORS.(Sex was only the beginning)-18+ / Lessons From The World's Ugliest Woman- Lizzie Velasquez / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.