Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? (4125 Views)

Saharareporters : Jonathan Holds Secret Meeting With Former VP Atiku / Oby Ezekwesili, Nigerians React To INEC's Decision To Shift Polls On Twitter / Revealed!!! Dirty Facts About Fomer VP Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2006
The Vice-president`s declaration to run for the presidency is something to really ponder about and why questions should be asked in that respect; to me, it is a high level of indiscipline for one to be on suspension in his political party and disregard the rule of law. governing it.

Alot of corrupt politicians have also declared their intentions to run for different positions in the country growing decmocracy; i really don't understand why some people take joy in destroying what took years to build by disregarding justice and discipline in this our dear country

We cannot grow if this kind of surge continues in our nascent democracy because it encourages corruption and indiscipline; if the top starts decaying it will eventually lead affect the root.

As a matter of fact, Nigerians should truly stand up and support the reforms in our different strata of government and life in Nigeria by the president and his cabinet; especially the fight against corruption.

Please fellow Nairalanders, air your views and lets say no to indiscipline and curruption so that people will know that you cannot fool the people all the time.

You can peruse this link:
http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1122&Itemid=2
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by smile4kenn(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2006
He is one of the best candidate for this up coming election, HE is one of the most qualified, and most experienced. One of his greatest regret is working with an ex military man. He has been longinng to be the president right from the days of Abiola.

He is one of the presidents that Nigeria wants and he will take us to the promise land. He wanted to campaign for the governor of Adamawa when he was called upon to be OBJ's vice. In 2003, everyone looking up to him to campaign, but he said let the south still have the power till 2007.

He have never been involved in any fraud or corruption, but OBJ tried to stain him with one which he defended. Been the VP, he knmows where OBJ has gone wrong, He knows what the masses want. Lets watch out for his plans for presidency when he declares today 25th nov 2006.

PLease Atiku lovers, lets drop a note for him
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by kaylala(m): 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2006
When such happens,does it mean that we have no governing law in our country. What is the constitution says about this,the court,the senates and all the commissions and so on.

Considering the calibre of candidate showing their interest in the next year presidency,alot of them are people of questionable characters.

Anyways,i pray that they make the country livable for us all.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by TayoD(m): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2006
Sirbuddy,

You attention is clearly on the wrong person. You need to begin from the head where the greater acts of lawlessness is perpetrated. I am talking of Baba Iyabo himself. Why wont the likes of Atiku and co be bold about illegality when the greatest illegality was and is being perpetuated by Obasanjo.

Forget the fight against corruption he is telling us about. I lost all admiration for the man with the recent spate of unconstitutional impeachments of the State Governors. He swore to protect the constitution and he empowered EFCC to brazenly violate it in thier quest for vendetta. You don't fight corruption with unconstitutionality, and the greatest sin anyone can commit against a nation is not to break its laws, but to break its constitution. Baba is the greatest of the criminals. I stand to be corrected on this.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by kaylala(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2006
Do we have a working consistituion in Nigeria and which calibre of people does it work for

There are lots of unanswerable question angry

So who is the right leader that you think we need in this country .The people we seems to trust are letting us down,if Baba himself could commit all this attrosities then who will the law hold undecided

Anyways,maybe this is what it is to be a democratic nation shocked
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by joshO: 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2006
Please let's not go there, this man is a desperate con, He has no business being in the presidency. All he aims to do is promote his business interests and that of his family and cronies. God forbid.

Even the way he's been fratinizing with IBB shows his ambition and despiration to be president knows no bounds,

Duke, Odili or any of the northen governors will get my vote over this staggerinly over-ambitious, unprincipled, characterless wannabee,
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by 9ijaMan: 10:47pm On Nov 25, 2006
TayoD:

Sirbuddy,
Forget the fight against corruption he is telling us about. I lost all admiration for the man with the recent spate of unconstitutional impeachments of the State Governors. He swore to protect the constitution and he empowered EFCC to brazenly violate it in their quest for vendetta. You don't fight corruption with unconstitutionality, and the greatest sin anyone can commit against a nation is not to break its laws, but to break its constitution. Baba is the greatest of the criminals. I stand to be corrected on this.

TayoD,
You have indeed spoken the truth. I reserve my comments.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by egbon(m): 11:43pm On Nov 25, 2006
If Atiku can not handle OBJ, please tell me how he can handle Nigeria? This man is a thief, is only agenda as president is to loot Nigeria's wealth. We are tired of all these recycled politicians, whose ONLY motive is to sipphon money!

OBJ's time will come - 2007. In the meantime, we will continue to watch every of his move.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by boladonas(m): 11:54pm On Nov 25, 2006
TayoD:

Sirbuddy,

You attention is clearly on the wrong person. You need to begin from the head where the greater acts of lawlessness is perpetrated. I am talking of Baba Iyabo himself. Why wont the likes of Atiku and co be bold about illegality when the greatest illegality was and is being perpetuated by Obasanjo.

Forget the fight against corruption he is telling us about. I lost all admiration for the man with the recent spate of unconstitutional impeachments of the State Governors. He swore to protect the constitution and he empowered EFCC to brazenly violate it in their quest for vendetta. You don't fight corruption with unconstitutionality, and the greatest sin anyone can commit against a nation is not to break its laws, but to break its constitution. Baba is the greatest of the criminals. I stand to be corrected on this.

Atiku has been battered and disgraced by OBJ in the last 3 years
He is the most investigated VP in the world and i tell u OBJ has nothing concrete on him otherwise
by now he would have kissed the dust.
I think we should celebrate his bravery, but 4 him OBJ would have railroaded himself to life presidency
I think Atiku is good and fit to be president
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by egbon(m): 12:02am On Nov 26, 2006
For all the ATIKU supported, please tell us what this man has accomplished in the past angry Even sef what "idea/s or vision" does this man have for Nigeria angry angry
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by lewa(m): 1:06am On Nov 26, 2006
Nothin wrong in Atiku seeking Aso Rock!W
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by lewa(m): 1:07am On Nov 26, 2006
Would not get there!Plain as dat
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by otokx(m): 6:45am On Nov 26, 2006
Atiku is in season.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by otokx(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2006
Atiku is in season
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by kaylala(m): 10:14am On Nov 26, 2006
He has alot of desperate plans which i pray that he will not achieve.Reports,records and facts have proven that he not worthy of the presidency position.

His reign will not be different from IBB's.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by habumaks(m): 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2006
Sirbuddy,

Im still very surprise that people lyke you and millions of other Nigerians are still so ignorant of what is going on bewteen the Vice President and his Boss. It is been painted on the wall pop and plain that Obasanjo does want his Vice to succeed him come 2007 (for reasons best known to himself). So all these "RUBBISH" (give me the word) ALLEGATIONS made against the VP is directly a plot to sabotage his political ambitions (especially 2007 presidential race). OBJ has himself sworn sumtyms back that Atiku will never succeed him comes 2007. Well, good for the guy if not because he is focused and strongwilled, he would've been a history by now but people nicknamed him "The Last Man Standing". Everybody is shouting "Thief", who is not a THIEF in this country anyway? All those guyz up there are all THIEFS period!!! All we are saying is "we need a THIEF that can steal and at the same tym remember to work for us NOT Thief that greed has reduced him to a RAT lyk OBJ. we need EXPERIENCED thief.

Where is the socalled anti-corruption institutions especially EFCC when serving governors are spending billions of naira campaigning for number one man in the country? Prior to their election into office only few of them can prove of having 5% of what they are spending today- daring EFCC. But the fact that the EFCC itself is a tool used by the presidency to suppress opposition nothing is even said about them. so many things, just open your eyes buddy.

NB: OBJ does not want to be investigated (disturbed) or wateva u want to call it and therefore his so-called loyalties (or boys) should succeed him and continue (destroying) from where he has stopped. This is so selfish, we need a man with qualities and focus to change the sailing (sinking) ship to the right position (destination).

I am not a PRO-ATIKU or sumthin' just a very good observant, sentiments apart. Let's open our eyes n see things!
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by Roscodaddy(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2006
Atiku is the man to watch,finally he has declared,I cannot wait to cast my precious vote for him,despite what that amala man has done to him,he is still standing,what happened to Andy Uba,is EFCC asleep or that mallam on leave,please you all should leave Atiku alone,I know his running mate might be Bola Tinubu,what a force we have here to destroy PDP.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by kaylala(m): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2006
So you think he is the best candidate for the presidency
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by Roscodaddy(m): 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2006
Atiku is my choice and I stand by it.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by atiku07(m): 2:50pm On Nov 26, 2006
@roscodady i beilieve u are a very talented fella for telling me that u are going to vot 4 aTIKU NOW AM CONVINCED THAT THERE ARE STILL REASONABLE PPL IN NIGERIA WHO CAN STILL LOOK STRAIGHT INTO THE FUTURE AND SEE WHAT IT HOLDS FOR US.

ROS MAN TELL ME WHAT CAN THE LIKES OF ODILLI, DUKE, SARAKI, UTOMI OR WHATEVER DO DO DEY THINK NIGERIA IS LIKE SOMALIA ABI NA RUWANDA WEY BE SAY IF THEIR PRESIDENT SNEEZES DEM ALL GO HIDE UNDER THEIR BED FOR THE NEXT ACTION IBEG UR PARDON NIGERIA NEEDS AN EXPERIENCED HAND

AND THE ONLY PERSON IN THE RIGHT POSITION ATLEAST FOR NOW WEY CHOICE NODEY NA ATIKU. ATLEAST HE WAS VICE PRESIDENT FO EIGHT YEARS HE KNOWS WHERE HIS OGA HAS GONE WRONG.

CONCERNING THE ISSSUE OF CORRUPTION I WILL LIKE U TO ASK THE TRUE STORY OF THE MATTER B4 U DECIDE EG. PTDF ASK BABA IYABO TO SWEAR IF IT IS NOT BECAUSE ATIKU REFUSED TO RELEASE SOME FUND FROM PTDF FOR HIS CAMPAING IN 2003. THEN WHY IS EFCC ONE SIDED CONCERNING THIS ISSUE OF ANDY UBA OH MY GOD WHY ON EARTH IS ONLY ATIKU OR OBASSANJO DISLOYALS ARE BEEN TERMED AS CORRUPT THIS IS A REAL PIECE OF SHIT LET GET BACK TO OUR SENSES AND WE WILL KNOW THAT ALL THE SHOUT BY EFCC ABOUT ATIKU OS ALL POLITICALLY MOTIVATED SIMPLE

LONG LIVE NIGERIA

LONG LIVE ATIKU

LONG LIVE HIS SUPPORTERS

YOURS SINCERLY FOR
TURAKIN ADAMAWA

Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by egbon(m): 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2006
I beg where can I pick-up the PDP presidential form? Afterall if someoeone like Atiku can contest why can't I shocked Walayi give me 3 months in the office you will see a change in Nigeria's economy wink

Again I ask what has this man do in Nigeria to seek such a powerful position angry angry 

We will continue to speak against likeminded croonies, particularly IBB and Atiku. These folks are ready to take Nigeria back another 10 years. BTW sit back and watch OBJ's time will soon come angry angry
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by egbon(m): 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2006
I wonder self whether any of these folks understand the "macroeconomic" situation of Nigeria. The only language they understand is LOOT! LOOT!! and LOOT Nigeria's wealth!!!
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by atiku07(m): 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2006
WELL MR EGBON I WANT U TO REALISE THAT ATIKU WAS JUST A VICE PRESIDENT FOR EIGHT YEARS .

I EVEN BEGIN TO WONDER IF U UNDERSTAND WHAT A VICE PRESIDENT MEANS IN THE NGERIAN CONSTITUITION OF 1999 WELL IT IS NEVER UR FAULT SINCE U SPENT MOST OF UR TIME OVERTHERE IN ABROAD U CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON AN MOREOVER THE HIGEST PLACE WHERE U GET UR NEWS IS OVER THERE IN VIETNAM IS ON THE NET SO U ONLY MADE DO WITH WHAT U HAVE LOL!!!!

WELL TO BE FRANK ATIKU WAS MORE LIKE JUST AN ADVISER TO THE PRESIDO AND WHEN EVER DOES JUT THAT IT IS LEFT TO THE PRESIDO TO HEAKEN TO ADVISE OR NOT.

AND ANOTHER POINT IS THAT EVEN THOUGH HE IS DESIGNATED A DUTY BY PRESIDO HE IS ALWAYS BEEN MONITORED SO TELL ME WHERE THE ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT IS FOR HIM I BEG UR PARDON BROS TALK SOMETHING ELSE AND STOP GENERALISING

Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by Jalal(m): 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2006
Well btw IBB and Atiku, if it came to that, i'd rather choose Atiku but IBB seems more experienced.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by kaylala(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2006
embarassed
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by IykeD1(m): 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2006
What a pathetic country? Its not surprising that the country is in the shape its in right now.
I hope you get either IBB or Atiku to rule again as they will only take the country backwards,
but out of sheer ignorance that's what a lot of you love - backwardness!!! I sorry for una!
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by McKren(m): 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2006
It is a shame that people have aloud the fight against corruption as a fight against anti-third term forces. Well Fayose was not against third term, Dariye was OBJ's boy before his ordeals, Wagbara was also OBJ's man.

Yes I know someone will like to say what about Uba or Adedibu. Someone will even say OBJ himself is corrupt. No doubt about all this but for me I think it will be foolhardy to say because we want to checkmate OBJ's dictatorship we now enthrone someone who has a track record of abuse of office and fraud. Guys see what wikipedia holds of Atiku in his 53suitcase scandals. Then there was no OBJ or EFCC witch-hunting yet he dispalyed his traits. People have to wake up and forget sentiments we will not mortgage our future in our quest to give Atiku sympathy votes. This man will take us 30years backwards.

Mr Abubakar came up the ranks of the ruling PDP primarily, due to the pivotal role he played in its formation. He was also an ardent opponent of President Sani Abacha, the late dictator. Atiku's source of wealth has caused some curiosity among Nigerians but that also goes for many other wealthy Nigerians, including his boss - Olusegun Obasanjo. He has said in a new biography yet to be published that he made his money, "through wise investments, hard work and sheer luck of being at the right place at the right time," but many think this statement is just a smokescreen.

He worked as a Customs Officer for twenty years, rising to the rank of Deputy Director before turning to business and politics in 1989. While serving as a Customs officer in charge at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos in 1984, the infamous "53 suitcases" scandal belonging to the late Emir of Gwandu happened. He was alleged to have waived all formality to let the Emir and his entourage through without even searching one suitcase. Most customs officers at the scene were shocked and appalled. It was also later alleged that many of the suitcases were filled with money. This incident incensed the then Head of State, General Buhari and his Deputy, Brig. Tunde Idiagbon, who ordered an immediate and thorough investigation into the matter, to the chargrin of the Head of State's then ADC, Maj. Mustafa Jokolo, who was also the Emir's first son.

The Finance Minister at the time, Onaolapo Soleye and another young but influential Army Officer, Col. Chris Alli, tried in vain to plead Atiku's case before Buhari and Idiagbon. Fate conspired in Abubakar's favour just as his trial was all set to go ahead: General Ibrahim Babangida, in an effort to save his own skin, overthrew the Buhari regime. This worked perfectly well for Atiku Abubakar, who was eventually eased out of office (effectively sacked).

So that if not for IBB's coup against Buhari's government in his quest to protect his wife's drug bussiness scandal this man should either be in jail or an ex-convict.

Guys forget sentiments Atiku is not fit. Going by section 137 of our constitution and the indictment by the administrative panel of enquiry Atiku is not fit.

He is going about telling people he is the most investigated VP in the world. Before he goes about adding that to his CV he should remember that his not being arrested is not because they did not find him guilty rather its because he has an immunity from prosecution. In a civilised society he will resign and allow trial to proove his innocence, even Jacob Zuma of south africa did resign. He Atiku has chosen to hide his sins using Nigeria's immunity.

For OBJ or NOT, Third  term or NOT. Atiku should forget 2007.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by kaylala(m): 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2006
As it is,out of the presendial candidate so far Atiku and IBB seem to be the only two experience cronies interms tasting power at high level,but that doesn't make them the best people that can rule our innocent nation.

Others can shiver by simple military disorder.

I think we should look more inward and look for a way to salvage our drowning nation by reject what they try to impose on us.The time is now because if we don't get it right this time around i guess if we will ever!!!

Already a fool at 40 is a fool forever,i pray it reverses in the case of Naija.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by McKren(m): 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2006
If after all the provisions of section 137 of our constitution and IBB, Atiku, Andy Uba, are campaigning for election. Then Nigeria is a banana republic period. I don't even know what Adedibu is doing why has he not picked the PDP form to contest guber election in Ekiti or Naija president.
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by McKren(m): 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2006
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by Jalal(m): 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2006
coolGod save Nigeria in 2007 cool
Re: VP Atiku's Decision To Run For The Presidency? by kaylala(m): 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2006
Amen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War / Picture Of Teenage Suicide Bomber Resembles one Of The Chibok Girls / Fashola, Tinubu In Battle Royale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.