Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? (5074 Views)

Robert Macall(the Equalizer) Vs John Wick / Quentin Tarantino And Robert Rodriguez, Who Is A Better Film Maker? / Who Is Better: Robert De Niro Vs Al Pacino (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by bgees(m): 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2009
Lets' compare these two great actors.

Taxi Driver

Godfather 2

Raging Bull

Once upon a time in America.

Analyze this.

Good fellas.

vs

Scarface.

Dog day afternoon.

Insomnia.

Carlito's way.

Scent of a woman.

Heat.

I think Robert De Niro is a better actor,he is more versatile and his characters are stronger.
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by SeanT21(f): 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2009
AL Pacino.
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by Sauron1: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2009
bgees:

Heat.

I don't think there's any movie that can match the action on HEAT when those robbers came out of the bank.
That is the best cinematography in the history of Hollywood.
It was as real as crazy. . . .

AL PACINO by a thousand miles. Robert de Niro should beat Travolta first before challenging Pacino.
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by jaybee3(m): 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
no comparison.
tony montana wins hands down
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by mohawkchic(f): 8:33pm On Aug 27, 2009
~Based on the Characters they played in movies you cited. . Al Pacino. . I Love the Man!

~Usually am torn between who's the better actor but you made this choice easy for me!
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by omar22(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2009
Robert De Niro
2 Oscar

Al Pacino

No Oscar

In fact De Niro has had more blockbuster movies, commands more money, has gone from the Hero to Villian, from thriller to comedy, Al Pacino is not even in the same class, Al Pacino is in the same class as the morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkin or gene hackman level, when you talk about De Niro, then you think of Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood, Marlon Brando etc.
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by bgees(m): 3:03am On Aug 28, 2009
Robert de Niro has made more movies, won more awards. Can anyone remember his performance in Raging Bull? You also need to read Mario Puzo's Godfather and note how he describes the young Vito Corleone to really appreciate his performance in Godfather 2. He played that role perfectly.

In HEAT, he was clearly the better actor. His versatility also shows in ANALYZE THIS and MEET THE PARENTS.

@ Sauron,

Their meeting and conversation in HEAT is a classic on its own.
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by Sauron1: 1:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
bgees:

@ Sauron,

Their meeting and conversation in HEAT is a classic on its own.

And you don't think Al Pacino's classic performance in SCARFACE whoops anything Robert de Niro has done in the past?
What about Devil's Advocate?  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2009
De Niro is more of an all-rounda. He's been in action movies, thrillers, comedies and one or two horror movies as well.
If we had to cast our votes based on the genres of movies they've been in then De Niro wins hands down.

On the other hand Al Pacino cannot be over looked.
His performance in 'Scarface' kicks any of De Niro's movies.
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by bgees(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

And you don't think Al Pacino's classic performance in SCARFACE whoops anything Robert de Niro has done in the past?
What about Devil's Advocate?  undecided undecided undecided undecided

OMO IBO:

De Niro is more of an all-rounda. He's been in action movies, thrillers, comedies and one or two horror movies as well.
If we had to cast our votes based on the genres of movies they've been in then De Niro wins hands down.

On the other hand Al Pacino cannot be over looked.
His performance in 'Scarface' kicks any of De Niro's movies.

De Niro's performance in Raging Bull[/i]l was better in my opinion. Scarface was a classic but was his performance really that great? In [i]Dog day afternoon and maybe in Insomnia undecidedhe was better. and of course in Devil's Advocate
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by mamagee6(f): 12:42am On Sep 01, 2009
Al Pacino.
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by KNUCKLES50: 11:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
Both are good, just depends on the part they play and script, Better see them in HEAT. Huh LAST DON IS GUD, seen DEVISL ADVOCATE? intimidating
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by beeswax: 7:30pm On Sep 02, 2009
de niro anyday cheesy , love dat guys movies. even when he is in comedies he is both funny and still tough

sometimes i think al pacino over acts his parts
Re: Robert De Niro Or Al Pacino. Who Is Better? by yoji: 9:32am On Sep 06, 2009
Truth is de niro can play the roles played by pacino but i cant see how pacino will fit in SHOWTIME alongside eddie murphy or MEET THE PARENTS alongside ben stiller that was so good it had a sequel. De niro is better even though i prefer Pacino cos he has given me more classic moments.

(1) (Reply)

Did You Ever Watch Agbara Nla? / Video: Wizkid, P-square,dbanj Flavour, Phyno, Performance @colourful World More / How Many Movies and Countries Can You Identify In These Pictures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.