Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day (41245 Views)

Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by ziggy3579: 8:31am On Jun 11, 2016
E pain am grin
canalily:
Wetin concern Obama with Ooni and Ife peopleundecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Victorvexz(m): 8:32am On Jun 11, 2016
Yoruba loves their culture, because they have origin. The Ipob thugs don't have. They have no history or origin. They basically don't know where they came from, that is why they always claim to be Jews, because they don't know who they are, they just trying to identify with another race, lol, no wonder they don't respect their elders. Even their kings are government appointed, instead if hereditary, go to every street in their red mud republic, that is why they have to respect

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 11, 2016
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Scatterscatter(m): 8:33am On Jun 11, 2016
Beautiful
I'm proud to be YORUBA.
Pls, can't Ooni be made the governor of osun state for now as the current governor seems to be super clueless

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by canalily(m): 8:34am On Jun 11, 2016
ziggy3579:
E pain am grin
na ur teethgrin the pain de worry, na em make u open am wider

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by engreo(m): 8:36am On Jun 11, 2016
Ooni jigbini b'ate akun, arole oodua, Kabiesi o, ade apelori, bata apelese, ase apelenu, esin oba ajoko pe o.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by isan(m): 8:38am On Jun 11, 2016
I dey here gallant ready to pounce on any flat head from the red mud that want to derail this thread cool

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Lushore1: 8:39am On Jun 11, 2016
Good news.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by seunny4lif(m): 8:40am On Jun 11, 2016
grin grin grin
Waiting for our brothers and sisters from the other side of River grin grin grin grin

Iya Seun bring my mat ooooh grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by muystoy(m): 8:40am On Jun 11, 2016
I'm sure some people with their heads like bicycle seat will commit suicide with this hypertension inducing news(i no mention anybody o)

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by generalkofosi(m): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2016
Kabiyesi igba keji orisa, iku baba yeye..kadepelori kiileke pe lowo #proudlyyoruba

7 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by tpbehappy(m): 8:42am On Jun 11, 2016
Ise ni ogun ise.
Mura si ise ore mi.
Ise ni a findi eni giga.
Bi a ko ba reni feyin ti bi ole lanri, bi ako ba reni gbekele atepa mose eni.

Carry on Oba.....

Ka Ade pe Ni Ori,
Ki bata pe less. ....

This is what a king needs to do more of...promoting cultural heritage of his people in the diverse world nd promoting unity nd harmony.

I hail all my brothers in all part of Naija. ......my blessed Country. ...You shall be greater again.

18 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by wickyyolo: 8:43am On Jun 11, 2016
they think Obama dont have better things to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Btruth: 8:43am On Jun 11, 2016
What a wise king. Using his throne to bridge the gap created between the government and it's people. His wide exposure will bring more business and development to his region. Already, Yoruba race and her language is known around the world.

Proudly Omo Oduduwa. smiley

15 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by SirShymexx: 8:46am On Jun 11, 2016
Lool.

The man is really the modern day King Jaffe Joffer of Zamunda and isn't shocking Jaffe Joffer also got recognition in New York? Lol

This is just lousy...even the Queen doesn't make too much noise when she visits the US and that's a country founded by King George and the DMV, and Virginia still maintains its direct Britishness.

Hopefully, when he returns to naij, someone will advise him to start staying in his palace more often and also start acting like a proper King.

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by DaFlash: 8:48am On Jun 11, 2016
That is how some bastard babarians from the east poisoned the minds of some dumb edos that their oba is greater than the Ooni orisha of ile ife..........Hmmm i laff in the gods tone.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by nory113: 8:48am On Jun 11, 2016
lonelydora:
This Ooni is balling big time. I don't know between him and Buhari who travels more "

[color=#000000][/color]
Definitely Buhari grin grin grin
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by seunny4lif(m): 8:50am On Jun 11, 2016
angry angry
If I slap You angry angry
SirShymexx:
Lool.

The man is really the modern day King Jaffe Joffer of Zamunda and isn't shocking Jaffe Joffer also got recognition in New York? Lol

This is just lousy...even the Queen doesn't make too much noise when she visits the US and that's a country founded by King George and the DMV, and Virginia still maintains its direct Britishness.

Hopefully, when he returns to naij, someone will advise him to start staying in his palace more often and also start acting like a proper King.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by femeritus: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2016
Wow! That's great.

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by ayindejimmy(m): 8:52am On Jun 11, 2016
WEST side the BEST side!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2016
Proudly Yoruba!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by AuroraB(f): 8:57am On Jun 11, 2016
frankkingston:
cheesy cheesy cheesy oh lawd! Warrisdis undecided

3 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 11, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
Shout out to all Oduduwa people. ..Itsekiris, binis, yoruba, Akokos e.t.c
cool grin Na trouble you dey find grin cheesy grin
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by mightycrown1(m): 9:01am On Jun 11, 2016
GOD I just thank u for making me come from this brown roofed, ewedu-amala eating region. see us going places, displaying our rich culture.
long live Ooni of Ife
long live YORUBA region
long live NIGERIA

proudly Egba Alake

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Allee90: 9:02am On Jun 11, 2016
We Hausa Fulanis enjoy this fight between Yorubas nd Igbos eventhough our support goes to the Yorubas. Hating aint good for Igbos kaji ko

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by frankkingston(m): 9:09am On Jun 11, 2016
canalily:

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by otosa(m): 9:09am On Jun 11, 2016
canalily:
Correct urself, Oni is not only Oba of Ife but Oba of Yorubas.

11 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by tayooluwole: 9:10am On Jun 11, 2016
I have been waiting here with my bottle of coca-cola for long, but no Chukudi yet on d thread. Let d red mud region bring it on nah, where are they hiding... I am here energetic to dish them what they deserve...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by tylerbraid(m): 9:11am On Jun 11, 2016
I thought I was the only one that noticed this? Looool... So true!!!!!!!!!!!
demydea:
Watch how our brothers over the Niger bridge take cover & avoid this thread like plague
[b][/b]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by SirShymexx: 9:13am On Jun 11, 2016
seunny4lif:
angry angry
If I slap You angry angry

Lol. I know you're gassed with the Yoruba day declaration. If you know NY, you would know that you don't a lousy ceremonial day for a lot of them to align with Yoruba, hence it has always been the Mecca of black consciousness in America lol.

A lot of conscious black New Yorkers already align with Yoruba and they worship Yoruba gods and have Yoruba names. There's a massive Afrocentric community in New York and poor righteous teachers who know more about Yoruba history than you'll ever know and they already align with it. So his visit isn't going to add anything to that.

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by chachanga: 9:13am On Jun 11, 2016
tobex23:
Yoruba's repping.... wink shalla to all Omo oduduwas grin
Dat Ooni Guy dey gallant & progressive wella, almost like Bruce Wayne. I doubt if hin no go dey form Batman by night too.

Wey all the tribalist Yoruba-hating mofos now?! And the "we-dunt-know-Oduduwa" memory-loss stunters?!

I just hate wen pple go all anal and tribalistic over every little thing.

6 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by canalily(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2016
otosa:
Correct urself, Oni is not only Oba of Ife but Oba of Yorubas.
why nt allow me to correct myself and u are doing de correctionundecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fatima Abubakar, Sultan's Daughter Graduates From U.K University / Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend / Ashraf Adam Lamido Sanusi Graduates From UK University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.