Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day (41241 Views)

Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Open Letter To Wuraola Otiti, Ooni Ogunwusi’s New Queen By Zainab Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bigchee72: 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:
Just a point of correction, African diaspora tends to allign herself with Yoruba religion because it survived outside Africa but tends to key into the Eastern Culture or way of life. A lot of them see some facial and physical resemblance in Igbo people and assume their ancestors were igbos.
I've seen some of them get genetic test just to see if they share dna with Igbos.

In the U.S., yes. Black Americans in particular look like Igbos. My current wife people are Geechie (South Carolina, U.S.) and are from originally from Sierra Leone.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bigchee72: 12:08am On Jun 12, 2016
bayooooooo:
It's not pragmatic to expect Ooni to be given the same treatment as the Queen of England. Much same way a Buhari would not be given the same treatment as Cameron. Also, you are addressed as you dressed; and with the type of socio-economic conditions prevalent in Nigeria at the moment, I don't see how an Ooni or any other traditional ruler from Nigeria would command the sort of respect that some deemed to be standard. After all, Yoruba is not an independent nation; it's just one of several components of Nigeria.

Having said that, I implore our people to get past Owanbes when arranging this sort of visit for a prominent king like Ooni. I don't see the wisdom in Ooni having a reception at Whitehouse when he had not be specifically invited by Obama.It doesn't make sense. Why not secure a slot for him to give a lecture on Yoruba Culture in Diaspora in a top rated university like Harvard and then from there visit other places. That to me will reify his place as a sort of authority on Yoruba tradition than anything else.

Also, he needs to also stay in his palace and get a proper briefing on behavior befitting a king of his STATUS, at least within Nigeria. It is an eyesore for a king of his status to be visiting individuals the way he did. If he is interested in having conversation with Obafemi Martins, the proper thing to do is invite him to his palace. If he is not careful, demeaning stories of his activities, gossips about him, would soon populate tabloids.
I have members from the Hutchins center of African and African American research at Harvard coming to MoCADA to meet with Ooni on Monday. Also, there is a Yoruba/Ife historian who isn accompanying Ooni at MoCADA.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 12, 2016
Bigchee72:

I have members from the Hutchins center of African and African American research at Harvard coming to MoCADA to meet with Ooni on Monday. Also, there is a Yoruba/Ife historian who isn accompanying Ooni at MoCADA.

That's great. We are interested in Ooni's activities because he is not just a king, he is the spiritual head of the Yoruba race and we don't want to see that throne demystified.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by sukkot: 1:00am On Jun 12, 2016
SirShymexx:
Sukkot

You were not shooting in 2013, 2014, and 2015 when the real warriors were fighting real wars. grin

What made you, a junior soldier, brave/brazen enough to confront a field marshal?

My stars and stripes are out there and well known on the forum. grin grin
bruv, saturday night where you at ? you do know I was just trolling you today right ? dont take that shytt personal

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bigchee72: 1:10am On Jun 12, 2016
bayooooooo:

That's great. We are interested in Ooni's activities because he is not just a king, he is the spiritual head of the Yoruba race and we don't want to see that throne demystified.

I put the itinerary together for the event at MoCADA. Invited are the Hitchens, Studio Museum of Harlem, Dance Africa (America's oldest festival dedicated to African dance) and other black organizations from the Diaspora. MoCADA is also moving to a $12million facility next year. They are looking for Yoruba artists to place their footprint in the museum. the intention is to forge ties with the diaspora and spread our culture.

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bigchee72: 2:16am On Jun 12, 2016
SirShymexx:

he would've visited Oyotunji village .

Guess who is in the Ooni's entourage that I just ran into

Mr OYOTUNJI

Happy now?

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by SirShymexx: 4:40am On Jun 12, 2016
sukkot:
bruv, saturday night where you at ? you do know I was just trolling you today right ? dont take that shytt personal

Nyggah, who takes clowns on the seriously? You must be losing it to think I give two fvcks about ya opinions. You chat shyte on the internet and you get banged up there and on to the next one.

It was a Saturday and England was playing. I went to the pub to watch football and linked people after. Try that sometimes and stop locking yourself in a house in the Manchester shytehole. Get some fresh air from time to time. Lack of fresh air is the reason why you stay stuck in worshipping constellation and bowing down to a white Jesus/saviour allegory who couldn't save himself, while spamming idiotic verses from a story book about allegories everywhere, you white man's slave. grin

Anyway, it seems you're the only one with the big mouth that stays challenging the Field Marshal. Ya fellow rookies in the politics section know better. And any of you that has a problem with my posts can see me online and get e-smacked, or you can come see me offline and get pistol-whipped. Clowns. grin

The Yoruba Don!

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by SirShymexx: 4:47am On Jun 12, 2016
Bigchee72:

Guess who is in the Ooni's entourage that I just ran into

Mr OYOTUNJI

Happy now?

Nice.

And make sure you tell the Yoruba elders out there to speak to that guy - he's moving like a clown and not a king befitting of the throne.

That's the US - Yoruba culture has been big there way before Yorubas from Nigeria started migrating there en masse. Even as far back as the 60s, a lot of the things the Black Panther Party used were from Yoruba culture. 2pac's mum named herself Afeni way before she mostly had contacts with Yorubas from naij. Kareem Abdul Jabbar said his dad told him they're from the Yoruba people of Nigeria from way back. And Nas' dad changed his name to Olu Dara from way back. Etc. No one is spreading something that has always been there - you just need to keep celebrating it and make the bond stronger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by tayooluwole: 6:37am On Jun 12, 2016
uzolexis:

why are you brewing a fight where there is none? it's yorubas like you that are fueling hate on this thread. Like you rightly said, Igbos are not on this thread, but look through it and you would see your fellow yorubas calling us out. This thread is about how yoruba culture is spreading which is a good thing, can't you just celebrate it in peace

U are one of d igbos that will never make me have general view about the igbo folks... I love dis ur comment and I warmly welcome it. For this, join me in siping this little tea... I never wanted to be tribalistic even for one second but for d experience I have with some igbos here on nairaland that reasons in union with hatred... See, in reality, I only quarel with igbo here on nairaland but in d real life, we are best of friends... I have a lot of igbo guys as friends here in lagos... We reason alike and they are mostly sensible but I must tell u d real fact, reverse is d case here on nairaland...

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by vicadex07(m): 9:28am On Jun 12, 2016
uzolexis:
This thread is full of tribalistic yorubas who think that an acheivement for them must necessarily be a failure for someone else. So far, I have hardly seen any other tribe bashing them instead the reverse is the case.
This is a good thing for yorubas and Nigeria as well, that our culture is being exported and appreciated, celebrate it in peace and stop stirring up unnecessary rivalry.

lol...they are just putting themselves ready in defensive mode from any attack...so they wont be caught napping.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Ogurube: 10:09am On Jun 12, 2016
My friend, I hope the general view you have about Igbo folks would include their resilience, diligence, and independence, as well as being committed (to family, friends, and community), egalitarian, conservative, and competitive.
tayooluwole:

U are one of d igbos that will never make me have general view about the igbo folks... I love dis ur comment and I warmly welcome it. For this, join me in siping this little tea... I never wanted to be tribalistic even for one second but for d experience I have with some igbos here on nairaland that reasons in union with hatred... See, in reality, I only quarel with igbo here on nairaland but in d real life, we are best of friends... I have a lot of igbo guys as friends here in lagos... We reason alike and they are mostly sensible but I must tell u d real fact, reverse is d case here on nairaland...
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by uzolexis(f): 11:14am On Jun 12, 2016
tayooluwole:

my point exactly, there is so much yor vs Igbo rivalry here on NL its appalling. If you have Igbo friends who you get along with, pls ignore the trend on NL, it is very annoying when a nice thread gets derailed as a result of tribal crap, you should not fflw this ugly trend.

thanks for the tea btw wink

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by uzolexis(f): 11:18am On Jun 12, 2016
tooco:
ua new here ?

No i'm not. I know tribal bigotry has been normalised on NL and it should not be so. I am trying in my little way to encourage NLders to desist from it.

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by sukkot: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2016
SirShymexx:

Nyggah, who takes clowns on the seriously? You must be losing it to think I give two fvcks about ya opinions. You chat shyte on the internet and you get banged up there and on to the next one.

It was a Saturday and England was playing. I went to the pub to watch football and linked people after. Try that sometimes and stop locking yourself in a house in the Manchester shytehole. Get some fresh air from time to time. Lack of fresh air is the reason why you stay stuck in worshipping constellation and bowing down to a white Jesus/saviour allegory who couldn't save himself, while spamming idiotic verses from a story book about allegories everywhere, you white man's slave. grin

Anyway, it seems you're the only one with the big mouth that stays challenging the Field Marshal. Ya fellow rookies in the politics section know better. And any of you that has a problem with my posts can see me online and get e-smacked, or you can come see me offline and get pistol-whipped. Clowns. grin

The Yoruba Don!

well am glad to see you are doing OK. i was kinda feeling like shyttttt what if this nigga commits suicide after all the roasting ? well glad to see you are still alive bro wink
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Shym3xx: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
sukkot:
well am glad to see you are doing OK. i was kinda feeling like shyttttt what if this nigga commits suicide after all the roasting ? well glad to see you are still alive bro wink

Lmao @ this delusional nyggah after I left you to bleed to death, whilst confused like the innate idiot you're. grin

Anyway, are you a snitch now as well cos I tormented ya life on this thread? My "SirShymexx" handle has been banned for a month cos I called you a monkey. What part of the game is that? You started shyte, got smacked, and now you had to snitch, my nyggah? grin

Snitches get stitches...stop snitching, biitch arse nyggah. Don't run ya mouth if you don't want to get smacked. grin
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bigchee72: 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
SirShymexx:

If he actually cared about promoting Yoruba culture - he would've visited Oyotunji and graced the Odunde festival in Philly.

He cares, now on to the next thing to hate

LOL

1 Like

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bigchee72: 8:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ this delusional nyggah after I left you to bleed to death, whilst confused like the innate idiot you're. grin

Anyway, are you a snitch now as well cos I tormented ya life on this thread? My "SirShymexx" handle has been banned for a month cos I called you a monkey. What part of the game is that? You started shyte, got smacked, and now you had to snitch, my nyggah? grin

Snitches get stitches...stop snitching, biitch arse nyggah. Don't run ya mouth if you don't want to get smacked. grin

Being that I'm born and raised in New York, hearing Nigerian or Nigerian Brits speaking in U.S. Venacular (talking hood) is beyond embarrassing and is laughed at.

Please....all this "niqqa" talk, "snitches get stitches" doesn't sound right coming out of your mouths. Worse is me knowing folks who live here state side that have actually LIVED OUT that slang you so cutely mimic.

Stop pretending you're hood
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by sukkot: 9:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
Shym3xx:

buahahahaha thats funny. of course I aint no snitch. you gotta understand the game bro, any hot topic on frontpage has active mods looking for offenders and who to ban. me myself after being banned twice in the last 2 months I have stopped being offensive to people on frontpage. I wait till the thread has sunk into the archives before i start ripping niggaz heads off grin
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by sukkot: 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
Bigchee72:

Being that I'm born and raised in New York, hearing Nigerian or Nigerian Brits speaking in U.S. Venacular (talking hood) is beyond embarrassing and is laughed at.

Please....all this "niqqa" talk, "snitches get stitches" doesn't sound right coming out of your mouths. Worse is me knowing folks who live here state side that have actually LIVED OUT that slang you so cutely mimic.

bruv i grew up on the mean cold streets of chicago. when i talk like dat its because i have lived it wink

2 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Shym3xx: 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
Bigchee72:

Lmao...you're a clown! Who gives a shyte about where you were born and raised? I bet you don't know that the word "nigger" is an European word (Latin) and there were black slaves in England, before they were moved to Virginia, when King George decided to start a cotton plantation there and move them there, no? And they were called "niggers". And "snitch" is an English word from the word "snitcher" which can be substituted for "informer". So cos these words were popularised by the hiphop culture (hiphop isn't even really an American thing despite the fact that it started in the Bronx - it had more Caribbean influences at the beginning) - you think it's a US hood thing, yes? You're a clown! grin

You must think black people in the UK only eat tea and crumpet, and we don't have hoods here - effing clown. Hood vernacular is hood vernacular and most of these words are English words popularised by Americans. Just as the new fashion trend of wearing skinny/slim jeans and fitted clothes are European urban fashion from way back when Americans were wearing baggy clothes. Now they've copied our style and popularised it and I bet ya clown arse would also call it US fashion - hysterical.

If you want to know what London is like cos you're stuck in the US...watch and read the following:

1). Juelz Santana kidnapped in London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAtCWfaOKNU

2). Camron chased out of London and narrowly escapes beatdown from 50 London goons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ8SDzrwfDM

3). Ja Rule robbed in London.

^^^Those are ya New York "hood" nyggahs getting pissed on in London lool. Young Joc also got robbed for his big arse chain in London. Come to London and chat shyte, clown. grin
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bigchee72: 10:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
sukkot:
bruv i grew up on the mean cold streets of chicago. when i talk like dat its because i have lived it wink
NO CHICAGO!!

Bwahahahah
I'm from Crown Heights, Brooklyn, born and raised.

The irony of that clown posting something from Dipset considering it was somebody that I knew that shot and Robbed one of them, now doing a life sentence for murdering one of their bodyguards. I take this niche is nonsense very seriously because I've seen actual African-Americans and other blacks die over it.all of this cute "niggah" talk is annoying. I had to put my half-brother in Nigeria in his place for trying some front like he's an American trying to talk to me. If you came here Trying to talk like that there wolves here would eat him alive.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bigchee72: 10:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao...you're a clown! Who gives a shyte about where you were born and raised? I bet you don't know that the word "nigger" is an European word (Latin) and there were black slaves in England, before they were moved to Virginia, when King George decided to start a cotton plantation there and move them there, no? And they were called "niggers". And "snitch" is an English word from the word "snitcher" which can be substituted for "informer". So cos these words were popularised by the hiphop culture (hiphop isn't even really an American thing despite the fact that it started in the Bronx - it had more Caribbean influences at the beginning) - you think it's a US hood thing, yes? You're a clown! grin

You must think black people in the UK only eat tea and crumpet, and we don't have hoods here - effing clown. Hood vernacular is hood vernacular and most of these words are English words popularised by Americans. Just as the new fashion trend of wearing skinny/slim jeans and fitted clothes are European urban fashion from way back when Americans were wearing baggy clothes. Now they've copied our style and popularised it and I bet ya clown arse would also call it US fashion - hysterical.

If you want to know what London is like cos you're stuck in the US...watch and read the following:

1). Juelz Santana kidnapped in London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAtCWfaOKNU

2). Camron chased out of London and narrowly escapes beatdown from 50 London goons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ8SDzrwfDM

3). Ja Rule robbed in London.

^^^Those are ya New York "hood" nyggahs getting pissed on in London lool. Young Joc also got robbed for his big arse chain in London. Come to London and chat shyte, clown. grin

No one gives a damn about all that. "Niqqas" get Robbed everywhere. just stop fronting with black American talk. You're not from here . No one wants to hear Nigerians front saying "nee-gah" (that's how our people back home say it.)

Stop it. Speak your own lingo. It's a clown show hearing Fam speak that when not raised here.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by sukkot: 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
Bigchee72:
NO CHICAGO!!

Bwahahahah
I'm from Crown Heights, Brooklyn, born and raised.

The irony of that clown posting something from Dipset considering it was somebody that I knew that shot and Robbed one of them, now doing a life sentence for murdering one of their bodyguards. I take this niche is nonsense very seriously because I've seen actual African-Americans and other blacks die over it.all of this cute "niggah" talk is annoying. I had to put my half-brother in Nigeria in his place for trying some front like he's an American trying to talk to me. If you came here Trying to talk like that there wolves here would eat him alive.
yeah I know crown heights. my american girlfriend in the past is from there. its lots of jews there. lots of friction between blacks and jews in the past when she grew up there. but yeah me myself I only talk that nigga shytt on the net. lol. in real life i try to keep it very sophisticated. but you know in a faceless forum you can be as crazy as you want lolzzzz grin
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bigchee72: 12:06am On Jun 13, 2016
sukkot:
yeah I know crown heights. my american girlfriend in the past is from there. its lots of jews there. lots of friction between blacks and jews in the past when she grew up there. but yeah me myself I only talk that nigga shytt on the net. lol. in real life i try to keep it very sophisticated. but you know in a faceless forum you can be as crazy as you want lolzzzz grin

Lol...

I'm from Franklin Avenue, Crown Heights. Mostly Carribean and African American crown heights. The clap at you part of crown heights. I reaaaaally get annoyed hearing Nigerians talking hood knowing what I grew up around in crack cocaine 1980s through the 90s where bodies were being dropped left and right. Especially being around for real "Niqqas" on that talk that Nigerians and Nigerian Brits are forcing it into their vocabulary. For real "Niqqas" you see around the way knowing they have bodies on their resumes. For real "Niqqas" who when you're waiting for your Chinese food, they walk into the restaurant and you're PRAYING Chin Lee finished with your order because you want to get the hell outta there as fast as possible before he has a reason to notice you. For real "niqqas" you're relieved to hear that someone else bodied them. Dudes who aren't rappers.

So understand why I'm annoyed. I made it out of that trash alive. It wasn't an outfit to wear. It's still a part of who I am. That's why I get annoyed at Nigerians appropriating that language. They wasn't raised through this type of gun culture hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Shym3xx: 6:49am On Jun 13, 2016
Bigchee72:

No one gives a damn about all that. "Niqqas" get Robbed everywhere. just stop fronting with black American talk. You're not from here . No one wants to hear Nigerians front saying "nee-gah" (that's how our people back home say it.)

Stop it. Speak your own lingo. It's a clown show hearing Fam speak that when not raised here.

Loool. You are a circus clown (I won't even address you as a yank cos you're a naij clown that got dropped off the boat there lol).

I actually thought you're hood but your bummy arse is from Crown heights of all places. A place that won't even make top 5 hoods in Brooklyn and definitely not top 20 in NYC lol. I know of Bed Stuy, Brownsville, Flat Bush, East New York, and Red Hook. You are a nerd, so stfu when I speak.

I don't need to act hood cos I'm from Peckham the Narm, the grimiest hood in London (only Brixton can compete but my pygs pressured them on their own blocks)...Se15 with a 45 in ya face. The place where US come to pay for protection when they're out in London, you puzzy. A real one with scars, stars, and stripes from back in the day when I was active. I'll slap you in Crown heights and spit in ya face. What do you know about hood? You never banged; never shot food; don't know what a birdie is; never busted a 44 through a 4-door; and sure never learnt no street codes. So what the fvck is ya neeky arse telling me about hood for, you internet nerd?

Even proper yanks know those words are stolen British lingo. The same way they left their baggy clothes for our fashion style. I bet ya bum arse is going to claim the new urban fashion of slim fitted clothes popularised in the US by Kanye and ASAP Rocky after stealing our shyte in London. Heck, I have been seeing "Stone Island" which is our ghetto fabulous designer on US rappers, ASAP rocky, Game, Chris Brown, and Drake lately. Very soon when they popularise it - your bum arse would come here and claim it that it's US hood fashion, you neek lol. Also, all the biggest US hits today have the British sound and the generic form of our house music, created in London. And even the two biggest US hiphop tunes "One Dance" and "Panda" have British sound. I bet ya bum arse would soon claim them as US sound looool.

Yanks stole our words, our fashion, and our sound. "Nigger" and "Snitch" are British words started in the UK and they're part of our urban vernacular, you bum. And you're claiming Crown heights - the softest place in Brooklyn...stop claiming being hood, you neek. Chat shyte and get ya face slapped in Crown heights lol.

I've been all over Brooklyn and I've got cousins born and raised in Brownsville (Van Dyke projects). Been to the projects and jammed with real Brooklyn thoroughbreds and it's all love cos real recognise real. And every time I meet real yanks who are about that life, it's all love cos real recognise real. They don't tell us we stole their words cos they're enlightened enough to know that they're British words and they know about the hoods in London.

Fvck outta here, puzzy lool. Read ya books and stop watching too much hood movies loool.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Shym3xx: 9:19am On Jun 13, 2016
sukkot:

I don't know why you are dyckriding this bozo. He is not even from a proper hood. Dominicans and Jews run Crown heights...the black people there are mugs and nerds lol. The clown is just trying to feel among and he played himself lol.

Also, unlike the UK where as long as you are black and born/raised in the UK, you are a black Brit - the US is different. African Americans don't even see Nigerians born/raised in the US as part of them. So I don't know why this clown is trying to speak for a group he isn't part of. Talk about a fraud and circus clown.

He should tell me any Nigerian American word I stole - failure to do that would show he's an idiot and a gormless loafer lol.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by sukkot: 11:59am On Jun 13, 2016
Bigchee72:

Lol...

I'm from Franklin Avenue, Crown Heights. Mostly Carribean and African American crown heights. The clap at you part of crown heights. I reaaaaally get annoyed hearing Nigerians talking hood knowing what I grew up around in crack cocaine 1980s through the 90s where bodies were being dropped left and right. Especially being around for real "Niqqas" on that talk that Nigerians and Nigerian Brits are forcing it into their vocabulary. For real "Niqqas" you see around the way knowing they have bodies on their resumes. For real "Niqqas" who when you're waiting for your Chinese food, they walk into the restaurant and you're PRAYING Chin Lee finished with your order because you want to get the hell outta there as fast as possible before he has a reason to notice you. For real "niqqas" you're relieved to hear that someone else bodied them. Dudes who aren't rappers.

So understand why I'm annoyed. I made it out of that trash alive. It wasn't an outfit to wear. It's still a part of who I am. That's why I get annoyed at Nigerians appropriating that language. They wasn't raised through this type of gun culture hell.

Yeah I hear ya chief but you have to understand that speaking hood is a world wide epidemic. any part of the world you enter every youth tries to speak or act like african americans. whites, chinese, japanese, filipinos, koreans, indian youths etc etc all try to speak hood. its just a worldwide trend. you gotta let people choose and follow the trends they want. it is what it is lol. dont fight it. just embrace it wink
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by sukkot: 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
Shym3xx:

I don't know why you are dyckriding this bozo. He is not even from a proper hood. Dominicans and Jews run Crown heights...the black people there are mugs and nerds lol. The clown is just trying to feel among and he played himself lol.

Also, unlike the UK where as long as you are black and born/raised in the UK, you are a black Brit - the US is different. African Americans don't even see Nigerians born/raised in the US as part of them. So I don't know why this clown is trying to speak for a group he isn't part of. Talk about a fraud and circus clown.

He should tell me any Nigerian American word I stole - failure to do that would show he's an idiot and a gormless loafer lol.
dyckriding ? is that what you kids nowadays call tryna have an intelligent and civilized discourse with another man ? shocked grin
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by TerraCotta(m): 2:12am On Jun 14, 2016
Bigchee72:

Lol...

Small world. Should have figured this was you when I was reading this thread earlier. I missed the private reception with the Ooni but i ran into you outside MoCADA. It's O.D... from that other place. Thank you for putting together this program. I was impressed with the turnout, the respect for the Ooni and the culture on display from the entourage. It made an impression on Fort Greene and BK in general tonight.

Shymexx--for what it's worth, I know Bigchee (by any another name though). He's a good dude. The gunman talk doesn't really do anything for you or for advancing Yoruba culture. Conceiving and executing this event deserves a salute.

2 Likes

Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by macof(m): 2:29am On Jun 14, 2016
gunther6:
No no no... This is gbegiri news, Obama is receiving Obi of Onitsha not Ooni of Ife infact Donald Trump will attend the next ofala festival, pls op correct the news, it is a well known fact that Igbo's own 40% of the properties in New York City, we developed it... cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by Bigchee72: 5:49am On Jun 21, 2016
Shym3xx:

Loool. You are a circus clown (I won't even address you as a yank cos you're a naij clown that got dropped off the boat there lol).

I actually thought you're hood but your bummy arse is from Crown heights of all places. A place that won't even make top 5 hoods in Brooklyn and definitely not top 20 in NYC lol. I know of Bed Stuy, Brownsville, Flat Bush, East New York, and Red Hook. You are a nerd, so stfu when I speak.

I don't need to act hood cos I'm from Peckham the Narm, the grimiest hood in London (only Brixton can compete but my pygs pressured them on their own blocks)...Se15 with a 45 in ya face. The place where US come to pay for protection when they're out in London, you puzzy. A real one with scars, stars, and stripes from back in the day when I was active. I'll slap you in Crown heights and spit in ya face. What do you know about hood? You never banged; never shot food; don't know what a birdie is; never busted a 44 through a 4-door; and sure never learnt no street codes. So what the fvck is ya neeky arse telling me about hood for, you internet nerd?

Even proper yanks know those words are stolen British lingo. The same way they left their baggy clothes for our fashion style. I bet ya bum arse is going to claim the new urban fashion of slim fitted clothes popularised in the US by Kanye and ASAP Rocky after stealing our shyte in London. Heck, I have been seeing "Stone Island" which is our ghetto fabulous designer on US rappers, ASAP rocky, Game, Chris Brown, and Drake lately. Very soon when they popularise it - your bum arse would come here and claim it that it's US hood fashion, you neek lol. Also, all the biggest US hits today have the British sound and the generic form of our house music, created in London. And even the two biggest US hiphop tunes "One Dance" and "Panda" have British sound. I bet ya bum arse would soon claim them as US sound looool.

Yanks stole our words, our fashion, and our sound. "Nigger" and "Snitch" are British words started in the UK and they're part of our urban vernacular, you bum. And you're claiming Crown heights - the softest place in Brooklyn...stop claiming being hood, you neek. Chat shyte and get ya face slapped in Crown heights lol.

I've been all over Brooklyn and I've got cousins born and raised in Brownsville (Van Dyke projects). Been to the projects and jammed with real Brooklyn thoroughbreds and it's all love cos real recognise real. And every time I meet real yanks who are about that life, it's all love cos real recognise real. They don't tell us we stole their words cos they're enlightened enough to know that they're British words and they know about the hoods in London.

Fvck outta here, puzzy lool. Read ya books and stop watching too much hood movies loool.

This is phony as all hell. You try too hard.
Re: Obama To Honour Ooni Ogunwusi As NYC Declares Yoruba Day by chachanga: 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
uzolexis:

But who is the tribalistic person now pls look in the mirror lipsrsealed

Not so, i just abhor the hateful b@ck&forth bickering. it pains me much seeing fellow compatriots damaging whatever fragile ties remain between us. That's why I'd keep calling out any group heading to the extremes per time.

It pays more to dwell on personal antecedents than wide-range generalizations, dontcha think?!

Am ready to celebrate any outstanding Nigerian or even so-called "ordinary" man-on-the-street doing his honest best.

As for all those "yeeboo ipob" vrs "yellowbar" chanters; I think they're all jerks, abeg, waving tribal flags every time, smh.

Thx

N.B
Just for the records, below's my thoughts about the same yooba folks u thought i ws defending:

chachanga:

Most yooba leaders are a disgrace to the word.

Ain't leading sh!t, the lot of them. Dey can't even lead their dysfunctional families right talkless of charting a course and framework for the future of generations of their followers.

A bunch of selfish, sellout inglorious baerstards that God will punis in due time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fatima Abubakar, Sultan's Daughter Graduates From U.K University / Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend / Ashraf Adam Lamido Sanusi Graduates From UK University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.