Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) (48417 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Builds Motorcycle, Grinding Machine In Benue (Photos) / Nigerian Man Converts Motorcycle Into High Heel Shoe That Can Be Moved (photo) / Bmw’s Self-balancing Motorcycle Of Tomorrow : No Helmet, No Steering, No Suspens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by dre11(m): 9:57am On Jun 11, 2016
Danladi Ibrahim, 23, was born and brought up in Unguwan Rimi area in Kaduna metropolis, to the family of a bicycle repairer.

At the age of seven, after school he went to his father’s shop and watched how he repaired different bicycles. He soon developed interest and began to assist his father. But it was not that easy. Every time his father sent him away, he always returned, more determined than ever, until his father relented.

After a decade, Ibrahim had to drop out of Rimi College Kaduna and opened his own shop near his family compound. When he realized that repairing bicycles alone would not sustain him, he ventured into welding and later became a motorcycle mechanic. In addition to this, he also became a lawn mower mechanic, radio, television, computer and electric and gas cooker technician, and most importantly a metal fabricator.

Gifted, Ibrahim uncouples and repairs things formerly strange to him.
“I bought a fairly used electric welding machine at the cost of N13, 000 with my savings, connected it to the power source and started welding in front of the shop. I was mocked but I did not give up,” he said.

“I reconstructed a two-wheel motorcycle to a tricycle shaped like a lady’s shoe. I bought a fairly used Honda CG motorcycle with 125 engine capacity at the cost of N20, 000 and cut off the fuel tank and handlebars. I used some metal sheets and iron rods to design another tricycle shaped like a man’s shoe and attached a car steering for control, a battery box and tool kit to match,” he said, adding that someone mildly advised him to use the concept of a lady’s shoe instead, which is more attractive and will give him more room for manoeuvring.

Ibrahim said it took him two months to complete the reconstruction, fabrication and painting before the test- drive because of funding and erratic power supply.

“I have been riding it for two years and I did the test drive from Unguwan Rimi to Maraban Rido, behind Kaduna Refinery, a distance of about 25 km. Along the way, the police overtook me and asked me to park and I complied. I thought they wanted to arrest me, but to my astonishment, they brought out their phones and took a snapshot of me,” he said.

Danladi said he has not received any funding for the different things he has fabricated, like the lady shoe-shaped tricycle, a motorized speed boat, a motorcycle he reconstructed to a tricycle pick-up which he uses to collect used bicycles, motorcycles, lawn mowers among other from places to his workshop.

However, he said a passer-by once gave him N200 and the people of Maraban Rido contributed N2, 800 for him in appreciation for his visit to their rural community behind Kaduna Refinery.

No government agencies like the National Board for Technology Incubation (NBTI), National Directorate of Employment (NDE) or a technical institution like Kaduna Polytechnic or Technical College Malali has ever contacted him on how he can develop or teach youngsters in a joint partnership.
Danladi said after he was featured in a local television program in Kaduna, some white men and locals came and took his picture with some of his inventions.

“The complex part of the tricycle was the front wheels beam frame and car steering connection which I successfully fixed after many trails.

“I am very happy to have proved myself worthy against the doubts of so many people who felt I was just wasting my time. They watched me as I made those unique items and I’m glad I’ve never been involved in any form of accident.

“Some people had wanted me to construct something unique for them, but after considering the cost they left. If the power supply can be sustained, I would be able to do new inventions and finish new projects on time,” said Danladi Ibrahim.

He urged parents to encourage their children to acquire skills, especially when they are still young, adding that he does not have an apprentice because most of the youth brought to him are teenagers who lack discipline and patience.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-how-i-turned-motorcycle-into-high-heeled-shoe/150648.html

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 11, 2016
Weapon of mass destruction...

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by ayindejimmy(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2016
What's this supposed to do exactly?

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by DjAndroid: 10:25am On Jun 11, 2016
This is not a horseshoe but a motorcycle shoe!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Luckylife(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2016
Only meant for girls abi ?lol!

2 Likes

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Benjom(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2016
So, how are you going to drive this or is it meant for the museum ?
#StillConfused

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by NigerDeltan(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
Mttfcheeeew typical Abok1 invention

Wasting his precious tym doing nothing

Absolutely nothing

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Proffdada: 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
Was he high on heels during the construction
Fibreglass would've made everything easier and lighter
cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
Lols.

When yollo bar man finally becomes creative... This is what you get.

16 Likes

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by dannybomb(m): 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
misplaced priority

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Peacetemi: 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
Well he's got talent, but this is damn hilarious. Please what is that shoe used for now?. What a talent!! The poster above the poster above me is an uttermost and undiluted foooool

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Raypawer(m): 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
whats the economic importance now?

instead of showcasing that shoelike stuff, why not improve upon the knowledge and create something that will add value to humanity, and the so called nigerian society?
Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Focused2day: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Saanu o danladi
Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Nice one, everything now involve computer, if u see d computer please. Like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by mikaelzX(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
what's its use?
Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by ngoben(f): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Should dat be talent...daz for museum only...he need encouragement doe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by MindMatics(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Creative, jst more packaging needed.... @1MindGraphics

3 Likes

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by sandrahnaub(f): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2016
Gabbage

1 Like

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by LEERICIST(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
Jargon!!
Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by linconoyee: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
When the brain is malfunction

2 Likes

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by masterpiece86: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
M
Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by salabscholar01(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
if Oyibo ppl polish that thing now, you go see all these top musicians the buy am in $millions... grin

19 Likes

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Bratking(m): 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
NigerDeltan:
Absolutely nothing
Hehehe
Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by AntiWailer: 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
Creative.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
Derenle would love this shoe

12 Likes

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Godswillnwaoma(m): 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
I appreciate his efforts but this is not interesting to me at all.
Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Rexphobia(m): 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
Weird
Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Hollawaley(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
NigerDeltan:
Absolutely nothing
try to support and not criticize

3 Likes

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Hollawaley(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
NigerDeltan:
Absolutely nothing

4 Likes

Re: ‘how I Turned Motorcycle Into High-heeled Shoe’ (photo) by Dbeze: 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
We will take u serious when u manufacture a tool to tight Buharis ear nut whenever Sm of them want to loose.
NigerDeltan:
Absolutely nothing

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Villagers Kill Huge Python Terrorizing Their Community In Bayelsa. Photos / Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) / Woman Kills Python And Scorpion After Invading Her Home In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.