Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? (122807 Views)

Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries / Salary Range Of Microfinance Bank Workers / Bank Workers Pull Out Of Planned Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by mommaade(f): 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2016
Wemabank pays between 70 & 110k to contract staffs depending on the number of years of experience
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by amdoyin82(m): 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
Larryfest:
Mehn i hate bank jobs....you just get to see or probably touch the millions sef but you get 70k or less at the end...
d same tin applies to those DAT work in a petrol station, dey count millions everyday and yet dey are paid peanut.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by niggi4life(m): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
400billionman:

Kai, where does an Executive trainee earn above N200k monthly ?
I dey tell u confirm wetin I know

Mind u, I don work for bank for more than 6years before I switched to IT
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by niggi4life(m): 11:14pm On Jun 11, 2016
Mekyno:

if d person is sharp n intelligent, d solution is to work 1 or 2 yrs and applied in other banks as full staff. Simple
yes you are right, but the truth is, the previous bank will always ask you about your previous job and your annual income, from there they can easily deduce if you were a contract staff or a full staff and by so doing your market value drops like cossy's breasts when she isn't putting her bra on

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by Carmal90(m): 12:14am On Jun 12, 2016
0955eb027:
where did u get ur figures? Zenith pays 75k, UBA pays 80k, Access pays 90k and u can earn as much as 120k (cos dia contract staffs gat level). PS: I work for one of those 3, as a contract staff.

Accessbank pay 80 plus,pls check ur fact

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by VictorAB: 12:30am On Jun 12, 2016
Adesiji77:

Not entirely accurate. Salary range differs from bank to bank. What you would earn as an unconfirmed staff would be higher compared to when your appointment is confirmed. Besides, a few banks have different salary bands even for the same grade!

By the way, why are you "hyping" bank workers' pay like this? angry

engrrichie92, company500, hardbody

Hypying ?? Really?? Banks like Diamond Bank, UBA, Access Bank pay up to 20% Higher than what I Quoted.

Banks like Stanbic IBTC may actually pay Lower than the ranges I mentioned, as pay in the bank is not determined by grade but by individuals' negotiation.
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by engrrichie92(m): 1:22am On Jun 12, 2016
Adesiji77:

Not entirely accurate. Salary range differs from bank to bank. What you would earn as an unconfirmed staff would be higher compared to when your appointment is confirmed. Besides, a few banks have different salary bands even for the same grade!

I ain't hyping...I presently work with one of the top banks mentioned up there and whatever info I drop about bank's pay is undilutedly first hand
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by Gamesmart: 3:05am On Jun 12, 2016
Adesiji77:

Make it accurate then.

Many of you just like to criticise, but you have nothing to contribute.

Well done, VictorAB.
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by Adesiji77: 4:09am On Jun 12, 2016
Gamesmart:

Make it accurate then.

Many of you just like to criticise, but you have nothing to contribute.

Well done, VictorAB.

I don't have to make it accurate. Anyone who is seriously interested in knowing can discreetly obtain the information.

"Criticize"? Where did you see the criticism in my post? So, making an honest observation is criticism?

@"nothing to contribute" I laughed in Chinese! grin

I do not have to prove anything to you since publicizing the salaries of bankers is your idea of a "contribution".

Banking is supposed to be a conservative profession and IMHO, this should impact on the kind of exposure given to the remuneration of its players.

Anyway, VictorAB has already clarified that what he initially posted.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by Adesiji77: 4:26am On Jun 12, 2016
engrrichie92:

I ain't hyping...I presently work with one of the top banks mentioned up there and whatever info I drop about bank's pay is undilutedly first hand

@"hyping" No hard feelings bro. You actually missed the humour in my post. I initially wrote "why are you exposing bank workers like this?" but modified it to "hyping" cheesy

My comment was just to highlight that the range you quoted is not totally reflective of what obtains in our industry and that's what I meant by "not entirely accurate" before you clarified your position.

It was not meant to obscure the fact that what you wrote is well-articulated smiley
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by 0955eb027(m): 5:16am On Jun 12, 2016
Carmal90:

Accessbank pay 80 plus,pls check ur fact
Dey pay 90k, its even stated in dia recent recruitment plus i have sum1 in. Anoda tin is dia contract staffs can earn as much as 120k, cos dey have level (T.O 1, T.O 2)etc.
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by 0955eb027(m): 5:33am On Jun 12, 2016
400billionman:

Kai, where does an Executive trainee earn above N200k monthly ?
Your comment makes me laugh. Access bank's pay is the best. E.T earns nothing less than 230k. Diamond bank is close, over 200k. Zenith and Gtb pays good as well. At Zenith, E.T is known as E.A, and as an E.A, u are entitled to an upfront payment of about 800k paid in january. The upfront payment is just a fraction of your salary for the whole year, accumulated. The higher you go, the bigger the pay. Plus lots of allowances and profit sharing at the end of the year. As a contract staff though, you are entitled to nothing (even medicals). PS: Those people earn a lot, what kills them is the fact that most of them live large and they dont really save for the rainy days. Plus, there is no job security as you can be fired at anytime. How do i know all this?. I'm a contract staff.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by mandonnels(m): 8:04am On Jun 12, 2016
Mannylex:

Lolz... So Head Offices don't have contract staff?

Though in cases, the branches have as little as 6 full staff and others are outsourced.

Now to the OP, salary is not fixed but dependent on grade. Typically the grading in banks begin from GT, ET....GM. The salary of any full staff in a bank from entry level is from 100k and above.
depends on d bank.
some banks have as high 15-20 full staff.
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by mandonnels(m): 8:10am On Jun 12, 2016
0955eb027:
Your comment makes me laugh. Access bank's pay is the best. E.T earns nothing less than 230k. Diamond bank is close, over 200k. Zenith and Gtb pays good as well. At Zenith, E.T is known as E.A, and as an E.A, u are entitled to an upfront payment of about 800k paid in january. The upfront payment is just a fraction of your salary for the whole year, accumulated. The higher you go, the bigger the pay. Plus lots of allowances and profit sharing at the end of the year. As a contract staff though, you are entitled to nothing (even medicals). PS: Those people earn a lot, what kills them is the fact that most of them live large and they dont really save for the rainy days. Plus, there is no job security as you can be fired at anytime. How do i know all this?. I'm a contract staff.
ET is different from EA.
check ur facts again bro.
ET
EA
SEA
ABO
BO
etc hierarchy
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by mandonnels(m): 8:17am On Jun 12, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Banks employ only casual nowadays whether you've got 14PhD and 25 master's degree.

For casual

FCMB 35k usually 25k before
FIRST BANK 60k
GTB. 45k
UNION BANK. 35k for marketer with a target of 35m in 6 months
DIAMOND BANK 40k
SKYE BANK 40k
ZENITH BANK 55k
UBA. 50-60k etc

Staffs are paid 100-150k (All payment are verified)
so wrong.
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 12, 2016
Nezero:

E epp me

Who you epp? grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by Gamesmart: 9:19am On Jun 12, 2016
VictorAB:

Hypying ?? Really?? Banks like Diamond Bank, UBA, Access Bank pay up to 20% Higher than what I Quoted.

Banks like Stanbic IBTC may actually pay Lower than the ranges I mentioned, as pay in the bank is not determined by grade but by individuals' negotiation.

If someone is a branch manager of a bank, what is the equivalent grade in the banking hierarchy?

The same as head office Manager grade or lower?
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by Carmal90(m): 9:28am On Jun 12, 2016
0955eb027:
Dey pay 90k, its even stated in dia recent recruitment plus i have sum1 in. Anoda tin is dia contract staffs can earn as much as 120k, cos dey have level (T.O 1, T.O 2)etc.

no, they are not paying 90k, a agreed that u can earn as high as 120k depending on your year of service with them, but at entry level for CONTRACT staff. it is strictly 80+
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by sashx(m): 10:09am On Jun 12, 2016
400billionman:

Absolute lies..

Poor man's mentality. I worked in GTB and earn N208k per month and a quarterly allowance of N84k nd half yearly allowance of N125k. Making me earn twice my salary every 2 mnths in a yr. Now m in Access and earn N338k afta oll deductions and a Med allowance of N400k.

B4 u say sum1 is lying, abeg go check ur facts Secondarian.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by Adesiji77: 11:13am On Jun 12, 2016
Gamesmart:

Then you have nothing to contribute, so please "conservatively" keep quiet on the issue and stop criticising, sorry I meant "observing", people who are providing information in your desperation to impress and show you are relevant on the issue.

Like seriously? grin grin

"Desperation to impress"? Who in particular? You? Or is there a medal or trophy for making comments on Nairaland?

I will not stoop down to your level by trading insults with you on a forum like this since that seems to give you the kicks.

The last time I checked, everyone has a right to make his contribution(s) to topics of interest even if it's not everyone that can get the sense of it.

I derive pleasure in sharing information about the industry, but not necessarily the specifics about salaries.

So, Mr Oga, I cannot cure your obsession for bankers' salaries, please swerve, keep swerving >>>>>>>>>>

Consider yourself ignored going forward, so save your MB and don't bother to mention me henceforth.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by VictorAB: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2016
Gamesmart:

If someone is a branch manager of a bank, what is the equivalent grade in the banking hierarchy?

The same as head office Manager grade or lower?

Being a Branch Manager with Relation to grade is a function of the Location and or Balance sheet of the Branch.

By Location I mean Urban or Rural Branch. Higher grade Bankers are appointed BMs in Urban Areas and Lower grade Bankers are appointed BMs is Rural areas.

However there are Urban branches with small balance sheets that are manned by Lower grade Bankers.

Eg1: An Assistant Banking Officer (ABO) can be a BM of a Branch in Suleja , Ikorodu, Oshogbo, otukpo, etc which may be termed a rural are by the bank. Usually these branches termed Rural have a balance sheet if about N500m to N1bn

Eg2: A Senior Manager grade upward can be a BM in a branches located in Maitama, Lekki, Apapa, Victoria Island, Port Harcourt etc . Usually theses branches termed Urban have a balance sheet of about N5bn to N50bn

Eg3: However an ABO can be a BM in Branches located in VI,Lekki, Apapa,Asokoro,Maitama if the Balance of the Branch is less than N1bn.

NB: Branch Manager is just an "Office", any grade can occupy that office as deem fit by the Bank.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by charlsecy(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2016
Love Machine:
If bank staff earn this high,why do they steal from customers?
Has a bank cashier ever stolen money from you as you make a deposit?

Xtaceeey:
What kinda business are u engaged in sire?
I sell ceramic tiles.

Abduletudaye:

More profits to you... wink
It is well with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by amila20042001: 11:47am On Jun 12, 2016
Engrpj:
GT Bank, Diamond, Zenith and Stanbic IBTC Pays between 180k-210k for permanent staff. Entry Level

Access and First Bank pays around 130-150 for permanent staff. Entry level

UBA pays around 80k-100k for permanent staff... Entry level

All contract staffs get 50k-70k.

Don't ask for source .

Bro when u don't have an authentic info, don't give a fake one. where on earth did u get those figures from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by Gamesmart: 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
VictorAB:

Being a Branch Manager with Relation to grade is a function of the Location and or Balance sheet of the Branch.

By Location I mean Urban or Rural Branch. Higher grade Bankers are appointed BMs in Urban Areas and Lower grade Bankers are appointed BMs is Rural areas.

However there are Urban branches with small balance sheets that are manned by Lower grade Bankers.

Eg1: An Assistant Banking Officer (ABO) can be a BM of a Branch in Suleja , Ikorodu, Oshogbo, otukpo, etc which may be termed a rural are by the bank. Usually these branches termed Rural have a balance sheet if about N500m to N1bn

Eg2: A Senior Manager grade upward can be a BM in a branches located in Maitama, Lekki, Apapa, Victoria Island, Port Harcourt etc . Usually theses branches termed Urban have a balance sheet of about N5bn to N50bn

Eg3: However an ABO can be a BM in Branches located in VI,Lekki, Apapa,Asokoro,Maitama if the Balance of the Branch is less than N1bn.

NB: Branch Manager is just an "Office" any grade can occupy that office as deem fit by the Bank.

Okay, thanks. Now it is more clear.

Insightful, structured and fantastic contribution, sir.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by 0955eb027(m): 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2016
mandonnels:

ET is different from EA.
check ur facts again bro.
ET
EA
SEA
ABO
BO
etc hierarchy
I understand. Why i said that is not all banks use E. A. Take zenith for example, their E.A is an E.T at access in terms of heirarchy. At Zenith, you are either employed as a contract staff (G.A), or full staff (E.A).
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by 0955eb027(m): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2016
Carmal90:

no, they are not paying 90k, a agreed that u can earn as high as 120k depending on your year of service with them, but at entry level for CONTRACT staff. it is strictly 80+
Owk. Thanks
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by Engrpj(m): 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
amila20042001:

Bro when u don't have an authentic info, don't give a fake one. where on earth did u get those figures from?

When on earth will u abide by instructions I said don't ask for source... Meanwhile you can be a gentleman by correcting the figures if you think they are wrong...
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by mandonnels(m): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
0955eb027:
I understand. Why i said that is not all banks use E. A. Take zenith for example, their E.A is an E.T at access in terms of heirarchy. At Zenith, you are either employed as a contract staff (G.A), or full staff (E.A).
full staff in zenith is ET.
contract is GA
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by 400billionman: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
0955eb027:

The figures are staggering though.

My days as ET and ABO we no see these kind figures though more than 5 years ago.
Re: How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? by lonelydora: 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ifyjuli25:
My hubby doesn't want me to work in bank ooo...

I hope you are not my wife with another moniker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COREN Registration Thread / Electrical Engineering: Aspirants and Practitioners / The Ranks In The Nigerian Military: Army, Navy And Airforce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.