Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! (4280 Views)

Forbes- Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria 2017 / Dangote Now Wealthier Than Oprah And Trump Combined – Forbes / Nigerian Blogger Gets Published On Forbes Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am Abdullahi Muhammed, the founder and CEO of Oxygenmat.net, a content marketing company. I just got published on Forbes:

www.forbes.com/sites/under30network/2016/06/07/from-5-to-6-figures-how-my-pivot-paid-off/

I’m a Nigerian and have always lived in Nigeria. I was born in a rural community, had a traumatic childhood and started writing on my Nokia 6080 phone (because that was the only tech gadget I had) some 7 years ago. Fast-forward to today, I’m the CEO of a company that’s hit 6 figures U.S. dollars in its first year.

My company has worked on the marketing campaigns of companies like GetResponse, Hostgator, Shopify, Gumtree and Arvixe.

I and my company have also been featured on:

Entrepreneur Magazine: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/274450

Inc. Magazine: www.inc.com/aj-agrawal/how-this-entrepreneur-improvised-his-way-to-success.html

The Huffington Post: www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-scribner/against-all-odds-entrepre_b_10115176.html

World Economic Forum: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/10/4-ways-big-data-can-improve-your-business

Not trying to sell you anything or telling you all these to brag. I’m creating this post in the hope that some of you may be inspired and know that it's possible to be Nigerian, live in Nigeria and use creativity and hard work to make a difference right here in Nigeria (or even globally).

Nothing extraordinary about me. I’m just an ordinary guy always looking to make a difference in extraordinary ways.

I’ve answered some of the most common questions I get asked in the above links when the publications interviewed me.

But if you’ve got any other questions not already covered, feel free to ask. I’ll do my best to answer them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by PureWays(m): 10:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
Great Job man.

I believe you can do more.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by MnenaSadiku(f): 12:14am On Jun 13, 2016
Great!
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by dgr8est(m): 3:35am On Jun 13, 2016
Interesting
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by kyrios: 4:57am On Jun 13, 2016
Wonderful
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by megainvest: 5:02am On Jun 13, 2016
Kudos to you man.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Zdoh(m): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2016
Another milliomaires in the making,kudos.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by millhouse: 10:08am On Jun 13, 2016
Ride on bro
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by yomalex(m): 10:27am On Jun 13, 2016
Big Ups to you
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by DrOladipo: 11:30am On Jun 13, 2016
The can-do-it spirit of Nigeria. Posts like this inspires the mind. More Nigerians are representing us well than the few unfortunate ones soiling the name of our dear country. Bro, please do well to mentor aspiring tech lovers.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Kaykaymil(m): 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
How can You help startups because i see Your campaign budget is in some thousands of dollars and most companies starting up would not have such budget. Basically how can You support small businesses? would be interested in talking about my startup with You
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Capitals: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
Great Job cool cool.
Nigerians making Naija proud.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by ipledge01: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
lalasticala please move this to Front Page
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
PureWays:
Great Job man.

I believe you can do more.

Thanks!
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
DrOladipo:
The can-do-it spirit of Nigeria. Posts like this inspires the mind. More Nigerians are representing us well than the few unfortunate ones soiling the name of our dear country. Bro, please do well to mentor aspiring tech lovers.

That's exactly the purpose of this thread.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
Kaykaymil:
How can You help startups because i see Your campaign budget is in some thousands of dollars and most companies starting up would not have such budget. Basically how can You support small businesses? would be interested in talking about my startup with You

That's because my primary market is the U.S., UK, Canada and Australia. That said, the lowest budget on our contact form is "Under $2,500" meaning we work with even the "small guys"
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by DeCranium: 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
I must say that you are a man I very much respect, Sir. I however want to ask these questions. What is digital marketing all about? How is it that you have been able to gain so much knowledge of digital marketing coming from your status as a citizen of a country which lags behind in technology? Also, how have you been able to prove that you know your onions well, thereby getting clients, in a world of many foreign experts?

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by U09ce: 7:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
Oxgygen, I salute. How do i instigate myself to start writing long essays. The last I wrote was during my WAEC.
And again, what is the secret to English poems? How are they composed? Perhaps you guide to a book detailing its rudiments

Thanks
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by IbnIbrahim: 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
DeCranium:
I must say that you are a man I very much respect, Sir. I however want to ask these questions. What is digital marketing all about? How is it that you have been able to gain so much knowledge of digital marketing coming from your status as a citizen of a country which lags behind in technology? Also, how have you been able to prove that you know your onions well, thereby getting clients, in a world of many foreign experts?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by ubiR(f): 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2016
Oxygenmat:
Hello everyone,

I am Abdullahi Muhammed, the founder and CEO of Oxygenmat.net, a content marketing company. I just got published on Forbes:

www.forbes.com/sites/under30network/2016/06/07/from-5-to-6-figures-how-my-pivot-paid-off/

I’m a Nigerian and have always lived in Nigeria. I was born in a rural community, had a traumatic childhood and started writing on my Nokia 6080 phone (because that was the only tech gadget I had) some 7 years ago. Fast-forward to today, I’m the CEO of a company that’s hit 6 figures U.S. dollars in its first year.

My company has worked on the marketing campaigns of companies like GetResponse, Hostgator, Shopify, Gumtree and Arvixe.

I and my company have also been featured on:

Entrepreneur Magazine: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/274450

Inc. Magazine: www.inc.com/aj-agrawal/how-this-entrepreneur-improvised-his-way-to-success.html

The Huffington Post: www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-scribner/against-all-odds-entrepre_b_10115176.html

World Economic Forum: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/10/4-ways-big-data-can-improve-your-business

Not trying to sell you anything or telling you all these to brag. I’m creating this post in the hope that some of you may be inspired and know that it's possible to be Nigerian, live in Nigeria and use creativity and hard work to make a difference right here in Nigeria (or even globally).

Nothing extraordinary about me. I’m just an ordinary guy always looking to make a difference in extraordinary ways.

I’ve answered some of the most common questions I get asked in the above links when the publications interviewed me.

But if you’ve got any other questions not already covered, feel free to ask. I’ll do my best to answer them.
Can we interview you in our magazine?
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by ash1akintola(m): 10:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
Your works speaks a lot about ur calibre. You were A sure help to my first Website. (it was like a Website scholarship as u paid most of the fee). The problem I have sir, I am into writing poems which to a large extent dont pull trafic. Not everybody likes poem. But the distinctive part of my work is that I love rhymes so much..... Friends have adviced me to write a book compiling my scribbles,but the fact is, the highest number of visitors on my blog now is just an embarrasing number of 23,the reason why I cant keep subscribing to ipage every year........ For something not worth it. Ur kind advice sir
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
DeCranium:
In addition to this, what major challenges did you face while starting up and how did you overcome them?
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Kaykaymil(m): 11:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
Oxygenmat:

That's because my primary market is the U.S., UK, Canada and Australia. That said, the lowest budget on our contact form is "Under $2,500" meaning we work with even the "small guys"

Okay small guys like us can thrive a bit on that budget sent You a linkedin add up Onochie add let me tell You more about our startup and then we can take it up from there cos we launch in one month.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by PureWays(m): 11:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
ash1akintola:
Your works speaks a lot about ur calibre. You were A sure help to my first Website. (it was like a Website scholarship as u paid most of the fee). The problem I have sir, I am into writing poems which to a large extent dont pull trafic. Not everybody likes poem. But the distinctive part of my work is that I love rhymes so much..... Friends have adviced me to write a book compiling my scribbles,but the fact is, the highest number of visitors on my blog now is just an embarrasing number of 23,the reason why I cant keep subscribing to ipage every year........ For something not worth it. Ur kind advice sir
I think we can work together. I write poems too.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 5:15am On Jun 14, 2016
DeCranium:

Digital marketing is a broad term covering all forms of attracting, engaging and converting users on the Internet to paying clients. What we do is only a subset of digital marketing: content marketing. I've been learning all I can since I started writing online several years ago, regularly reading industry-leading blogs majorly. I still do.

There are many ways to establish your expertise: maintain a blog with regular quality content, guest post on reputable sites and network with already established bloggers and marketers who can give you intros.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 5:18am On Jun 14, 2016
U09ce:
Oxgygen, I salute. How do i instigate myself to start writing long essays. The last I wrote was during my WAEC.
And again, what is the secret to English poems? How are they composed? Perhaps you guide to a book detailing its rudiments

Thanks

It's easy to start writing.

Step 1: Decide you want to start.
Step 2: Sit.
Step 3: Start writing.

I'm not into poetry, but the good thing is everything you'll ever need to learn about it is available for free online. Just ask Google for relevant blogs and then start reading them daily.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 14, 2016
making Nigeria proud,thank you bro.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 5:20am On Jun 14, 2016
ash1akintola:

You need to find a market where people spend. Even if your poetry blog goes popular, are people willing to spend in that niche? If you read my Forbes piece, I had to do that at a point.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 5:26am On Jun 14, 2016
NewSheriff:
In addition to this, what major challenges did you face while starting up and how did you overcome them?

Payment processors. Most of them don't open their doors to Nigerians. I had to settle for some which do, like Payoneer and 2CheckOut.
Re: I Just Got Published On Forbes. Ask Me Anything! by Oxygenmat(m): 5:27am On Jun 14, 2016
Kaykaymil:

Okay small guys like us can thrive a bit on that budget sent You a linkedin add up Onochie add let me tell You more about our startup and then we can take it up from there cos we launch in one month.

Better to use our contact form so the right member on my team can handle it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking For Dealers Or Wholesalers Of Ankara Fabric / Rumor: Glo To Acquire Etisalat / Echo Tech Fueless Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.