Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,912 members, 7,802,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Ios, Anyone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ios, Anyone? (5764 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2016
I'm opening this thread for iOS users so as to share experience and post problems with all iOS powered devices from iPhone to iPad to iwatch to iPod.
There is a thread for android on this, so iOS users, don't slack, come on in
Re: Ios, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
Here. Ios 9.3.2
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 9:56am On Jun 12, 2016
Running iOS 9.3.2 myself
It's sleek, super smooth and fast
Re: Ios, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2016
opestein:
Running iOS 9.3.2 myself
It's sleek, super smooth and fast

The OS is very smooth. One thing I noticed though is ever since I upgraded to IOS 9.3.2, Safari seems to be signing me out of nairaland sometimes and I would need to enter my credentials again. Something that wasn't there on IOS 9.3.1
Re: Ios, Anyone? by Tolzeal(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

The OS is very smooth. One thing I noticed though is ever since I upgraded to IOS 9.3.2, Safari seems to be signing me out of nairaland sometimes and I would need to enter my credentials again. Something that wasn't there on IOS 9.3.1

I don't even bother myself using the default safari... Try download Opera... It flawless and smooth..
Re: Ios, Anyone? by somehowpenis(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

its not a safari problem but nairaland issue, i created a similar thread for that also google chrome and other browsers do same.. I am on 9.3.2 too and it has been addressed by a workaround seun gave me
Re: Ios, Anyone? by somehowpenis(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
Tolzeal:

I don't even bother myself using the default safari... Try download Opera... It flawless and smooth..
safari is flawless

1 Like

Re: Ios, Anyone? by casttlebarbz(m): 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2016
Pls. am planing to get an i-phone5 to replace my stolen q10..but av never use any i-fone b4..so i just want to know if d sub.is pocket friendly nd d ntwrk wit d cheapest data 4 i-phone. And i also learnt dat it doesnt av a bluethoot and also want to know au i'll go about downloading songs and app.,thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Ios, Anyone? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
somehowpenis:
its not a safari problem but nairaland issue, i created a similar thread for that also google chrome and other browsers do same.. I am on 9.3.2 too and it has been addressed by a workaround seun gave me

I don't experience this on chrome browser on android. And yes it might actually be a nairaland issue because I can't stay signed in on edge browser on Windows 10, in fact edge and nairaland just don't work. Meanwhile no issues with chrome browser on Windows 10. Why I raised this issue is I never get signed out on nairaland in safari when I as on ios 9.3.1
Re: Ios, Anyone? by ib4real95(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
Im glad this thread was opened.. Ive been an android user since 2010 and to be honest im tired of it and need change.. I particularly love the stability and smoothness of ios. Do you think i should get the 5 or 5s?
Re: Ios, Anyone? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
Tolzeal:

No matter how u see it, safari is still the best browser for ios devices. Love the swipe back to previous page without even loading.
Re: Ios, Anyone? by CASTOSVILLA(m): 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

I don't experience this on chrome browser on android. And yes it might actually be a nairaland issue because I can't stay signed in on edge browser on Windows 10, in fact edge and nairaland just don't work. Meanwhile no issues with chrome browser on Windows 10. Why I raised this issue is I never get signed out on nairaland in safari when I as on ios 9.3.1
if you're the type that likes sending, downloading or receiving files, do not try any iphone.

1 Like

Re: Ios, Anyone? by RitzyPrince(m): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
Download Xender app and all the bellow problems solved, with Xender you can take musics, pics, PDFs, etc from any mobile platform, you also have the option of downloading anything you want with it's inbuilt browser…u don't need iTunes dear. ios the best!!
casttlebarbz:
Pls. am planing to get an i-phone5 to replace my stolen q10..but av never use any i-fone b4..so i just want to know if d sub.is pocket friendly nd d ntwrk wit d cheapest data 4 i-phone. And i also learnt dat it doesnt av a bluethoot and also want to know au i'll go about downloading songs and app.,thanks a lot
Re: Ios, Anyone? by RitzyPrince(m): 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
Stop spreading false info…am sure u ain't even using iOS, all the above can be effortlessly done in iPhones....stop writing shitz!!
CASTOSVILLA:
if you're the type that likes sending, downloading or receiving files, do not try any iphone.

2 Likes

Re: Ios, Anyone? by Twistkihd(m): 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
RitzyPrince:
Download Xender app and all the bellow problems solved, with Xender you can take musics, pics, PDFs, etc from any mobile platform, you also have the option of downloading anything you want with it's inbuilt browser…u don't need iTunes dear. ios the best!!
pls Wre can I download xender coz can't find it in d App Store
Re: Ios, Anyone? by RitzyPrince(m): 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
Twistkihd:
pls Wre can I download xender coz can't find it in d App Store
it's there in App Store, just type the name on the search option!! As in the pic below.

Re: Ios, Anyone? by Twistkihd(m): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
RitzyPrince:
it's there in App Store, just type the name on the search option!! As in the pic below.
tanks
Re: Ios, Anyone? by RitzyPrince(m): 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
Twistkihd:
tanks
UWC…hope you found it?
Re: Ios, Anyone? by Twistkihd(m): 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
RitzyPrince:
UWC…hope you found it?
yh I did grin
Re: Ios, Anyone? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2016
ib4real95:
Im glad this thread was opened.. Ive been an android user since 2010 and to be honest im tired of it and need change.. I particularly love the stability and smoothness of ios. Do you think i should get the 5 or 5s?

5s is a great device. But if u are coming from android u need to consider a few things as iphones have their limitations and not for everyone.

U might want to consider ur decision if

1. If u love downloading music on ur phones and play them with ur media player, u might want to check other options. Yes u can download mp3s with ur iPhone but they will not be available on ur phones music player. U can play ur downloaded songs through some apps or from the website but they will not be available on ur music database. It will take some steps to make that happen, on android it is very easy, just download and the songs will be available on ur library.

2. If u love using otg cable to play music and movies then iPhone is not for u. On android I can plug a flash drive with files through otg cable and access the files, even stransfer to my phone.

3. If u love downloading torrents then u might find the iPhone unsuitable. Iphones can play different movie formats. Vlc is available for iPhone that can okay virtually all video formats but the steps is not as easy as on android. U can send movies from ur computer to ur iPhone using vlc but it relies on a webpage and wifi connection, both the phone and the computer have to be on the same wifi connection and transfer can be slow. Unlike android where u can just drag and drop movies in a flash. Transferring a 1gb movie from computer to android can be done in less than 2 mins, for iPhone it might take up to 20 mins depending on the speed of ur connection. This could be discouraging. The easiest way to send files to ur phone is through iTunes and for movies not downloaded from the iTunes store, u will have to convert which is another unnecessary cumbersome step.

4. If u like transferring files from different computers then think twice. Once y sync ur phone with a particular computer, u must only use that computer. Once u connect to a different computer and click sync, it will delete everything on ur phone and then sync stuffs from the new computer.
Re: Ios, Anyone? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
RitzyPrince:
Stop spreading false info…am sure u ain't even using iOS, all the above can be effortlessly done in iPhones....stop writing shitz!!

Dude is right. Yes there are walkarounds but it involves additional steps and it just ruins the experience of the OS. I use both iPhone and Android, love both. But I cannot use an iPhone as my only phone, but I can use an android phone as an only phone.
Re: Ios, Anyone? by Tolzeal(m): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

No matter how u see it, safari is still the best browser for ios devices. Love the swipe back to previous page without even loading.

Lol... When your browser history get cached . You'll definitely enjoy seemless navigation. This doesn't occur with Safari alone but all major browsers
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

safari is one of the best on iOS. It's working fine for me, not signing me out at all. Opera crashes for me
Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
casttlebarbz:
yes it has a Bluetooth but only from an iPhone to any iOS devices.

If u are on any jailbreaked iOS, there is an app that lets u transfer or send files to any other device, like bb, android. Try to google it, I AV forgotten since I've left a jail breakable iOS.

U can also download songs on the Internet with idownloader, and then transfer the songs to ur pc with the latest iTunes. Then u can choose to sync it back to ur iPhone with the same itunes.
THIS APPLIES TO ANY FILE U DOWNLOAD WITH IDOWNLOADER ON UR IOS DEVICE.
U are to go to the app sharing section on ur iTunes to do this.

1 Like

Re: Ios, Anyone? by opestein: 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2016
ib4real95:
Get the 5s, it's fast and same with the 6 except for bigger screen

1 Like

Re: Ios, Anyone? by RitzyPrince(m): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

Dude is right. Yes there are walkarounds but it involves additional steps and it just ruins the experience of the OS. I use both iPhone and Android, love both. But I cannot use an iPhone as my only phone, but I can use an android phone as an only phone.
Choose android over iOS? I drop my case lipsrsealed
Re: Ios, Anyone? by somehowpenis(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

it started like three weeks ago sometimes it redirects, sometimes it logs you out, sometimes it gives one error or the other , its a nairaland isuee , just go on my thread to understand..
Re: Ios, Anyone? by somehowpenis(m): 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
greenhulk:

5s is a great device. But if u are coming from android u need to consider a few things as iphones have their limitations and not for everyone.

U might want to consider ur decision if

1. If u love downloading music on ur phones and play them with ur media player, u might want to check other options. Yes u can download mp3s with ur iPhone but they will not be available on ur phones music player. U can play ur downloaded songs through some apps or from the website but they will not be available on ur music database. It will take some steps to make that happen, on android it is very easy, just download and the songs will be available on ur library.

2. If u love using otg cable to play music and movies then iPhone is not for u. On android I can plug a flash drive with files through otg cable and access the files, even stransfer to my phone.

3. If u love downloading torrents then u might find the iPhone unsuitable. Iphones can play different movie formats. Vlc is available for iPhone that can okay virtually all video formats but the steps is not as easy as on android. U can send movies from ur computer to ur iPhone using vlc but it relies on a webpage and wifi connection, both the phone and the computer have to be on the same wifi connection and transfer can be slow. Unlike android where u can just drag and drop movies in a flash. Transferring a 1gb movie from computer to android can be done in less than 2 mins, for iPhone it might take up to 20 mins depending on the speed of ur connection. This could be discouraging. The easiest way to send files to ur phone is through iTunes and for movies not downloaded from the iTunes store, u will have to convert which is another unnecessary cumbersome step.

4. If u like transferring files from different computers then think twice. Once y sync ur phone with a particular computer, u must only use that computer. Once u connect to a different computer and click sync, it will delete everything on ur phone and then sync stuffs from the new computer.
someone doesn't know about tongbu, someone doesn't know about video dl , someone doesn't know about appcola software, someone doesn't know about itools, someone doesn't know about ifunbox, all these are different softwares with which you can use to copy anytype of movie into your iphone and watch, or even copy out from the phone to your pc after you download, i am not jailbroken , i am on 9.3.2 but all you mentioned has and will never be a problem to a good iphone user, i even also download youtube movies if i like with a touch , i download full movies with movie box, i authorized the apps , so no app crashes till enternity.. Coming to music it is very very easy putting any song you wish to your default music player with same softwares uptop , i have forgotten when last i opened iTunes..... Below is a list of season films i copied unto my device to watch with my default video player, I don't have vlc sef... And I don't need any acct or sync ishhh...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ios, Anyone? by Xbox222: 9:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
Iphone 5s how good is the battery
Re: Ios, Anyone? by Twistkihd(m): 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
Not only 5s iPhone battery generally can som1 help with an insight review of it
Re: Ios, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2016
somehowpenis:
someone doesn't know about tongbu, someone doesn't know about video dl , someone doesn't know about appcola software, someone doesn't know about itools, someone doesn't know about ifunbox, all these are different softwares with which you can use to copy anytype of movie into your iphone and watch, or even copy out from the phone to your pc after you download, i am not jailbroken , i am on 9.3.2 but all you mentioned has and will never be a problem to a good iphone user, i even also download youtube movies if i like with a touch , i download full movies with movie box, i authorized the apps , so no app crashes till enternity.. Coming to music it is very very easy putting any song you wish to your default music player with same softwares uptop , i have forgotten when last i opened iTunes..... Below is a list of season films i copied unto my device to watch with my default video player, I don't have vlc sef... And I don't need any acct or sync ishhh...

Most of the apps u mentioned here don't work. Did u just say movie box? That stupid app that doesn't do anything, they just list old movies from yify and no way to download. No wonder it gets 2 stars on the app store. Like I said there are apps that u can use to get stuff on ur iPhone, but the experience can never be like android where u can just go to a movies or music website and download directly into ur device. I like my movies organised, I download subtitles in form of srt and add to all my movies, something that would require additional skills to do with the iPhone. Can u download torrents with ur iPhone? I can download music from websites like notjustok and download tracks and they are right there in my music library. On iphones u need additional steps to make that music available on ur library.

I have an iPhone 5s and a galaxy s6. Trust me I don't bother using my iphone to download media because it is a lot more easier with my android. Just drag and drop that sh^t or download directly from website. Oh did I also mention otg? U can do a lot with that feature. There was a day I needed to access files from my flash drive, if I had only my iPhone that day it would have been impossible, but with my android all I needed was plug an otg cable and voila. There is no denying ios is a great os, but in terms of functionality it is way behind android.

Just put it, ios is for people that want something that works easily, people that prefer streaming to downloading. People that subscribe for movies and music services like amazon, iTunes music/movies, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Ios, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
Twistkihd:
Not only 5s iPhone battery generally can som1 help with an insight review of it

IPhone 5s battery though might be small (1,560mah) but it gets the job done. For a moderate user it can easily get u through the day. That phone has one of the best if not the best standby time. U can leave it at 100% by 11 pm and go to sleep, by 7am u will still have 100%. In fact my iPhone battery lasts almost 2 times longer than my s6 with a bigger battery. Maybe because I use my s6 more but whatever, it still lasts longer even if I use them at the same rate.

Sometimes I get up to 7 hours screen on time on my 5s and sometimes I charge it once in 2 days. Incredible for a 1,560mah battery. Yes u are not going to get battery life of the tecno L5 or Gionee m5 with monster batteries, but it lasts longer than lots of 3,000mah android phones.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recharge Card That Works With All Network / Do You also Get 4G Internet Service In Nigeria? / 10 Most Expensive Mobile Phones In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.