Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Why Do Atheists Hate God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Hate God? (10670 Views)

Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Modified: it seems you modified your post. Hmm, doesn't seem to make any difference. Phrases like: "you are the ones...", "all your Christian brothers...", etc shows that you are still generalising I see. Nothing worth a response from me.

Unlike you, I'm not in denial of the fact that I generalise. Yes, I do. I'm comfortable with that. Unless you want to say that generalisations can not be valid statements.
You're the one that generalises, denies it, and then projects your discomfort onto others by accusing them of generalising.

yes, I generalise. However this time I was not generalising, but rather reporting on a fact about the doctrine of many christians. I'll repeat my statement that you find so offensive.

You forget that you are the ones that claim that it is impossible for humans to be morally upright so rather than try to be moral you seek instead to have your immorality covered by the lamb's blood, or as some you put it you seek instead to have the righteousness of God imputed to you.

I made this general claim above. Now, please, if you disagree with me and want to refute this that it is not a tenet of christianity then now is a great opportunity to do so.

I ask you. Is the italicised statement above true of christianity or not? If not true then I deeply sincerely apologise for misrepresenting you.

You forget all your christian brothers who come to say that they are very intelligent and they are going to disgrace atheists and their stupidity

Can you honestly tell me that you do not know of these christians that are so puffed up in some semiliterate pride? If you are unaware just say and I'll direct you to some threads.

and by the way 'all your brother who…' is not a sweeping general statement but a reference specifically to those 'who…' behave the way I said.

Of course you may just duck and not face any of these points that I'm bringing up. Just say 'nothing worth a response'. It's all good. People are reading.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
analice107:

I have a resolute conviction that atheists are all hosts for demons. Some of them are aware that demons live in them, some do not.
Me, interacting with the Atheists in this forum has really helped me understand certain things I didn't understand in the past.
Atheists everywhere in the world think and react the same way towards Christ and Christianity.

I am reading a small book "The Black Boy". An autobiography of a black boy in Alabama when the white supremacy held sway. The book was an attempt to deride God, religion, and Christianity,but using the instrumentality of the society he lived in at the time to dive home his point.
The child hated the concept "God" even before he knew to read. His mother had them two, he was the direct opposite of the brother. Rebelled so fiercely against any form of authority. At four years, he set their house on fire because he was told not to make any noise as his grandmother was lying very sick to death. To show his rebellion he set the house on fire. They barely escaped with their lives.
Demons were living in that boy making him do things that baffled even himself. Demons speaks through him, words just come out of his mouth. He hears himself say these things, but he didn't have control over the words. He kept wondering how those words come out of him, did he actually said those things. for he never heard anyone say them. Words which caused uproar, he was wrong, unagreeable, both at home and in school.
Although from a christian home, but was so against God. He kept wondering what was wrong with him. That was a child possessed by demons without knowing it.
when he was grown up enough to leave the house, he was one of the very first person to join the Communist party when it snuck into his part.
Everything you mentioned, was exactly his problem. Being under authority, no.
The worst was Hellfire.
The moral restrictions. He wanted to do as he pleased. Freedom to commit any kind of act and have no one to account to. The idea that he one day account for his sins, hurts him so much and that inflamed his hatred for God more.
To establish how bad God is, he judged God though the actions of the White supremacists and their cruel treatments if the blacks using Ku Klux klan. He judged God through the actions of his bitter, hungry, oppressed, illiterate immediate family, especially his grandma who couldn't even read the Bible.

And meeting the atheists here, acting and saying the same things, I can confidently conclude that the same spirit binds them through all ages together in one Creed.

Why they can't dismiss this nonexisting God is what even them can't fathom. They know or rather, the demons domiciled in them knows the realities of hellfire, though they whisper to their hosts that there's no hellfire, but the fear or the dread of it can't leave the demons, hence their hosts keeps talking about it.
I see two personalities interplaying here. One part says, there's no hellfire, the other part is dying of anxiety about Hellfire.

I can't see myself running after New Age adherents shouting down at them, trying to disprove reincarnation. There's nothing like that period. It's not up for discussion.
If Islam was independent of my Bible, I would never bother about them.

Well said sis! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Strawman: 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

So are you happy to refute that YouTube comment so that we can be clear. Because I was under the impression that you brought it up because you were in agreement with it. Please be clear, would you now refute it as a daft generalisation?

Hehehehe cheesy Like I said, he was only wrong to generalise, but I brought it up because his comment is very correct for the case of many atheists, not all. That's why I introduced the comment before addressing "some of them" whom that comment correctly applies to.

I repeat...many...some of them..not all. Like I have already said many times. The atheists I excluded are the ones I said you wouldn't even find in the religion section of a forum. You, on the other hand, happen to be very active in this section today..hmm..I wonder why tongue lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Hehehehe cheesy Like I said, he was only wrong to generalise, but I brought it up because his comment is very correct for the case of many atheists, not all. That's why I introduced the comment before addressing "some of them" whom that comment correctly applies to.

I repeat...many...some of them..not all. Like I have already said many times. The atheists I excluded are the ones I said you wouldn't even find in the religion section of a forum. You, on the other hand, happen to be very active in this section today..hmm..I wonder why tongue lol

You see, you are being untruthful. 'some of them' etc was not something you said regarding the YouTube claim. You didn't say some of them are in denial.

You said Some of them are atheists because of so so so and so…

So that is not true that you said the Youtube comment was only true for some people.

Can I tell you what I really think is going on? You would like some space to be able to make your christian threads and discussions with other chrisitans and also to proselytise to those who might be willing to listen.
however you find that all these pesky atheists keep popping up and challenging you in ways that you have no answer for and it's starting to frustrate you. This has turned into a virulent hatred for these atheists that manifests in many of the posts in NL. Lucky for the atheists that they are online and you can't know them in person. If these guys could be known in person their lives wouldn't be safe.

You guys want a forum that is biased in your favour. The facts show that on a level playing field you cannot withstand the atheists. That is what is causing all these psychological traumas.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by kevoh(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

Can I tell you what I really think is going on? You would like some space to be able to make your christian threads and discussions with other chrisitans and also to proselytise to those who might be willing to listen.
however you find that all these pesky atheists keep popping up and challenging you in ways that you have no answer for and it's starting to frustrate you. This has turned into a virulent hatred for these atheists that manifests in many of the posts in NL. Lucky for the atheists that they are online and you can't know them in person. If these guys could be known in person their lives wouldn't be safe.

You guys want a forum that is biased in your favour. The facts show that on a level playing field you cannot withstand the atheists. That is what is causing all these psychological traumas.
Well said. I could not have typed the above any different.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Strawman: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

You see, you are being untruthful. 'some of them' etc was not something you said regarding the YouTube claim. You didn't say some of them are in denial.

You said Some of them are atheists because of so so so and so…

So that is not true that you said the Youtube comment was only true for some people.

It's a shame how only part of your posts are worthy of a response (the worth is questionable sef) while the rest are just ramblings and ad hominem arguments.

I started by reporting a post from YouTube which says atheists are in denial, and I wasn't supposed to misquote that in any way because it is not my post.

Then I went on to say that "some of them" are atheists for different reasons. I then pointed out that I acknowledge that many of who became atheists for those reasons (and even the ones that became atheists for other reasons), who are constantly on the necks of many theists online are in denial - which relates my own part to the post I introduced. That is why I introduced that comment first, because it relates to "some of them" (the atheists) I was referring to.

Finally, I said the ones who are sure of themselves and don't bother with all this, you won't even find them in religion section of a forum (exonerating myself from generalising)

That was the crux of my post, so...your problem? I don't know what's so hard for a reasonable person to understand in what I was saying sha, but it seems you're just looking for an argument, and sadly I do not have your time.

Find another way to spend this Happy Sunday wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
jjj
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

It's a shame how only part of your posts are worthy of a response (the worth is questionable sef) while the rest are just ramblings and ad hominem arguments.

I started by reporting a post from YouTube which says atheists are in denial, and I wasn't supposed to misquote that in any way because it is not my post.

Then I went on to say that "some of them" are atheists for different reasons. I then pointed out that I acknowledge that many of who became atheists for those reasons (and even the ones that became atheists for other reasons), who are constantly on the necks of many theists online are in denial - which relates my own part to the post I introduced. That is why I introduced that comment first, because it relates to "some of them" (the atheists) I was referring to.

Finally, I said the ones who are sure of themselves and don't bother with all this, you won't even find them in religion section of a forum (exonerating myself from generalising)

That was the crux of my post, so...your problem? I don't know what's so hard for a reasonable person to understand in what I was saying sha, but it seems you're just looking for an argument, and sadly I do not have your time.

Find another way to spend this Happy Sunday wink

Actually, it seems that you do have my time. And you are deciding to waste it resorting to lies to duck out of lies.

and I wasn't supposed to misquote that in any way because it is not my post.
So did you quote it verbatim or were you paraphrasing? Can you give us the link to the quote so that we can check it?

You don't have to give us a step by step account of what happened. We were there, reading everything you said word by word. If you don't believe I'll tell you what happened:

You made a big generalisation of a claim by saying: Athiests are in Denial.

Then you went on to say some of them were atheists for one reason and others were atheists for another reason. Then you accused me of making generalisations.
No matter how convolutedly you try to explain it the facts remain unchanged. If you retract and say that the YouTube comment was wrong in generalising then that is a big step in your redemption.

I understand that you are trying to disown the YouTube Comment now. That is understandable. After all Success has many fathers, but Failure is an Orphan.

How do you know this? Did you take a survey? Or are you just making things up?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by frank317: 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Strawman:

Lol! Futile? Think again

"Studies on the demographics of atheism have concluded that self-identified atheists comprise anywhere from 2% to 13% of the world's population, whereas people without a religion comprise anywhere from 10% to 22% of the world's population" - The World Fact Book: Religions

"16% of the world's population is not affiliated with a religion, while 84% are affiliated." - Pew Forum on Religion; Public Life. The Global Religious Landscape.

(Those are Demographic References btw)

However/Whenever you see it, atheists are the minority. I don't need to stress how much significance a majority count holds when trying to determine who's successful and who's not.

Btw, you claimed religious people are the ones who started the "chain of claims". After all these years, the inability of the disclaimers/atheists to stop this "chain of claims" that theists started is the real failure on the atheists' part. While the ability to keep the "chain of claims" alive is true success on theists' part. cheesy

In other words, you atheists will have to totally stop this chain of claims that we theists have started before you even consider yourselves successful at what you're doing. Sadly [for you guys], as of now, you have a loooong way to go cheesy Well, except you find it fun in wasting your time.

Sorry if I'm using "chain of claims" too much, I'm starting to like that term grin

Blah blah blah blah blah... still no God or do I worship a dumb God?
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by KingEbukaNaija: 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
Weah96:

Oh, God exists alright, the source of the universe, that is. But you don't stop there. You waka come bring book, come say na d source write am giv im favorite chosen humans, the Jews. Na lie.

Atheists have a large vocabulary. Many don't like to use the word God to replace the phrase source of the universe.

You people have polluted the meaning of the word to the point where it implies your fake Jewish tribe god. Abomination.

"atheists have a large vocabulary " - this is a blatant assertion . Can you provide proof for this claim ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Weah96: 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

"atheists have a large vocabulary " - this is a blatant assertion . Can you provide proof for this claim ?

Yes, they tell you that God doesn't exist instead of first asking what you mean when you say the word God.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by KingEbukaNaija: 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
Weah96:

Yes, they tell you that God doesn't exist instead of first asking what you mean when you say the word God.

How exactly can this be described as proof You claim atheists have a large vocabulary and you can't prove it .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by frank317: 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

How exactly can this be described as proof You claim atheists have a large vocabulary and you can't prove it .

Oh pls can u just shut up for once? seriously, don't u sometimes feel embarrassed by the rubbish u spill?
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by PastorAIO: 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
frank317:

Oh pls can u just shut up for once? seriously, don't u sometimes feel embarrassed by the rubbish u spill?

Ignore him. His sole purpose for coming to NL is to prove that he has the biggest vocabulary and is the most intelligent person here. That's all. It is best to just concede those points to him and then ignore him. You can't get a decent conversation out of him.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by winner01(m): 11:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

Ignore him. His sole purpose for coming to NL is to prove that he has the biggest vocabulary and is the most intelligent person here. That's all. It is best to just concede those points to him and then ignore him. You can't get a decent conversation out of him.
You can say the same for frank317 especially.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:18am On Jun 13, 2016
PastorAIO:

You should also add to ridicule and troll atheists - that's the fun part cool . Funny enough , I dont use much of big words like I do on Twitter . I gain followers just for composing sentences with sesquipedalian words cheesy cheesy smiley . So cool cool . But Im not here to prove that I'm smart .. nope nope nope lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:20am On Jun 13, 2016
winner01:
You can say the same for frank317 especially.

I have ignored so many insults from him and PastorAIO seems to go blind temporarily when he sees the insults . Atheists are so hypocritical af
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:31am On Jun 13, 2016
frank317:

You are such a choleric man who attacks me to hide the chagrin of being ridiculed by me every damn time you spew specious arguments .

PastorAIO , see on Twitter , I would have gained a follower for that sentence undecided . Suppress that ego and learn from me . I can learn from you too . I learn from everyone with these fastidious eyes of mine . Observation cool

smiley grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Weah96: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

There is precision in language. By dismissing the word God, the atheist is signaling that his vocabulary contains more precise words that better describe it's acceptable connotations.

My brother Folykaze will call an influential person God. My atheist brothers use the phrase influential person instead of God because it is more precise.

I use the word God to mean the source of the universe only. You use it to describe the source of the universe who dictated commandments to his chosen humans, the Israeli Jews, and even managed to walk among us as an Israeli person.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by KingEbukaNaija: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
Weah96:

There is precision in language. By dismissing the word God, the atheist is signaling that his vocabulary contains more precise words that better describe it's acceptable connotations.

My brother Folykaze will call an influential person God. My atheist brothers use the phrase influential person instead of God because it is more precise.

I use the word God to mean the source of the universe only. You use it to describe the source of the universe who dictated commandments to his chosen humans, the Israeli Jews, and even managed to walk among us as an Israeli person.

undecided . Because atheists use different words to describe God therefore atheists have a large vocabulary undecided . Kai .

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by KingEbukaNaija: 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
@Weah96 - we both know that comment makes no sense .
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

undecided . Because atheists use different words to describe God therefore atheists have a large vocabulary undecided . Kai .

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by KingEbukaNaija: 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=Elohim1 post=46542611][/quote]

Daft . Christians also have different descriptions for God so I can also conclude that Christians have a large vocabulary . Well everyone is happy now
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Weah96: 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

God is ambiguous. It invokes different ideas and images. Atheists use more precise language instead. Wetin dey worri u? Why do you feel slighted?
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by winner01(m): 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I have ignored so many insults from him and PastorAIO seems to go blind temporarily when he sees the insults . Atheists are so hypocritical af
Frank317 is the most unintelligent atheist on nairaland, at least by assessing his posts. He regurgitates the same words over and spices it with insults.
I can point out an insult on almost every christian thread he visits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by winner01(m): 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
Weah96:

God is ambiguous. It invokes different ideas and images. Atheists use more precise language instead. Wetin dey worri u? Why do you feel slighted?
Atheists rage at anything God. Isnt it surprising that you are the only "atheist" that has this idea of a God as the source of the universeundecided.
You have the views of a deist.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Weah96: 8:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
winner01:
Atheists rage at anything God. Isnt it surprising that you are the only "atheist" that has this idea of a God as the source of the universeundecided.
You have the views of a deist.

But everyone believes that the universe had an origin. They prefer not to taint such a clear notion with a loaded word like God. That's only because the word has been hijacked to imply a talking book author of Jewish or Arabic decent.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by winner01(m): 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
Weah96:

But everyone believes that the universe had an origin. They prefer not to taint such a clear notion with a loaded word like God. That's only because the word has been hijacked to imply a talking book author of Jewish or Arabic decent.
Everyone? Thats seriously incorrect. Maybe you should open a thread asking atheists if the universe has an origin and then analyse their responses, that will help you know a little about your worldview. You dont seem to know what you're into.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Weah96: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
winner01:
Everyone? Thats seriously incorrect. [b]Maybe you should open a thread asking atheists if the universe has an origin [/b]and then analyse their responses, that will help you know a little about your worldview. You dont seem to know what you're into.

I've never seen anyone argue that here, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by winner01(m): 8:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
Weah96:

I've never seen anyone argue that here, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.
How come you are the only one who argues in favour of a known source. Like i said, open a thread.
Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by Richirich713: 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2016

Re: Why Do Atheists Hate God? by winner01(m): 7:05pm On Jun 15, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? / I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.