Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why (27968 Views)

Don't Delete Your Important Files Because Of Low Storage Space, Try This.. / "It's Time To Delete Your Facebook Account" - Brian Acton, Whatsapp Co-founder / Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by matrixx9(m): 5:09am On Jun 12, 2016
Facebook has decided on quite the way to convince people to
download Moments : by threatening to delete thousands of photos if
they don't.
The notice has to do with a photo syncing feature that was recently
removed from Facebook's main mobile app. Starting in 2012, the
Main Facebook app was able to automatically upload photos from a
phone's local camera roll to a private album on Facebook. They
were kept there for storage, but also to make it easier to later share
them publicly on Facebook.

That syncing tool has now been moved out of the core Facebook
app and into the photo app Moments . Facebook made it clear that
this would happen — and in fact it happened months back,
seemingly without much pushback. What Facebook was less clear
about was what would happen to photos that had previously been
Synced.

At the time, Facebook mentioned that people would be given the
chance to download their pictures in a zip file if they didn't want to
move over to Moments. Now it's clear that offering is because
Facebook intends to completely delete synced photos if people
don't download this new app. (This only applies to auto-synced
photos; not photos a person has personally uploaded.
While Facebook is giving people plenty of time to make the jump
over to Moments, it's being pretty shameless here about what's
going on.

Now you can perhaps argue that anyone actively using Facebook's
auto sync will have already downloaded Moments..

Like the person
in the tweet above, it's entirely possible that Facebook will be
removing photos that people forgot or didn't realize were synced.
But it's still, to say the least, not the kindest of tactics to delete
photos when Facebook certainly has the resources to go on storing
them. It's a blatantly aggressive push to get people to download
Moments, which Facebook seems to be hoping will be its next big
app.

This isn't the first time Facebook has been aggressive about
moving people to another of its apps. Two years ago, it removed
Messenger from the core Facebook app, requiring people to
download Messenger's own app to keep using it on mobile. That
was an annoying shift for some, but maybe not on quite the same
level as what it's doing for Moments — it's not like Facebook would
delete your chat account.

You can check the link below for more information.
Anyone who's used Facebook's auto sync feature in the past has
until July 7th to download Moments or a zip file of their synced
photos. Otherwise, they're going to disappear.
To be on the safe side just download the moments app.

Source :http://www.naijatechguy.com/2016/06/facebook-to-delete-synced-photos-by.html?m=1

Via www.nairaland.com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by feldido(m): 6:16am On Jun 12, 2016
Funny how these companies secretly takes up pictures from your phone without ur consent then later tells you they want to delete them after using it to their advantage (probably to advertising).

Now I see why Facebook gulp much data and memory(RAM)

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by firstolalekan(m): 7:09am On Jun 12, 2016

65 Likes

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by Nutase: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2016
Boring

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by DesChyko: 7:12am On Jun 12, 2016
How does that affect my Opera mini browser?

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by KenModi(m): 7:12am On Jun 12, 2016
I no fit remember wen last I enta that social media platform sef.

Enhen, meanwhile, if you are interested in furthering your education abroad, admission is going on into universities in Europe and America, check my signature if you want to make inquiries

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by leledels: 7:12am On Jun 12, 2016
Facebook is about to make me rich, am so going to see their asses
Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by LivinaPatrick(f): 7:12am On Jun 12, 2016
Alrighto....start d deleting now nah

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by adaksbullet: 7:13am On Jun 12, 2016
While we mack zucarbog dleted mine pic that am snap n am onlod in mine fb acont?angry he's he the one that his payed for mine data?angry abi his he mad?angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by Akshow: 7:14am On Jun 12, 2016
Nutase:
Boring
Where you expecting to read a bedtime story when you opened the thread?

7 Likes

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by koboko69: 7:15am On Jun 12, 2016
People still face book? Deleted my account long ago, those guys breeches privacy more than CiA and every other intelligence agency in the world!

4 Likes

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by chichriso: 7:15am On Jun 12, 2016
ok
Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by Abiagirl777(f): 7:16am On Jun 12, 2016
why does my operaminibrowser keep redirecting me to an old page when I click on the previous arrow.
its so annoying
Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 12, 2016
E don tey wey I deleted dat app(fazbuk) from my phone. Na to delete the main account remain angry lipsrsealed

Facebook gradually turning to/behaving like an apple phone. Tryna control my life?? Karyanku.

7 Likes

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by johnstar(m): 7:18am On Jun 12, 2016
undecided
Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by tulipsmadra: 7:22am On Jun 12, 2016
Was never a facebook fan from day one. Google drive and one drive handles all my synchronised data well.

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:22am On Jun 12, 2016
make them no try delete am i ave about 3200picson facebook... make they no try am ooo
Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by Wizy001(m): 7:22am On Jun 12, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 12, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
make them no try delete am i ave about 3200picson facebook... make they no try am ooo

Who yhu be. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 12, 2016
#mybirthdayistoday #onelovefam #the12th #geminisocrate #TGodMafia #showsomelovefam

16 Likes

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 12, 2016
Facebook has now become so complicated their news are up the wazoo with jargons. After reading all the grammar posted I only have an inkling what the news is about.
Re-registering my Facebook account closed since 2007 in 2013 felt like learning to drive a spaceship; everything looked so different I could swear I was on a different platform. Till today there are so many upgrades done to the site I still've no idea what majority of the new functions do.

4 Likes

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 12, 2016
Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by SmartMugu: 7:27am On Jun 12, 2016
Facebook is going too far by even trying to sync every pix one takes with his or her phone. Who wants all their private stuff anywhere on the internet? These days, I take a pix of anything and Facebook asks if I want to share. Does that make sense to anyone? It's crap to me.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:27am On Jun 12, 2016
search me on GOOGLE and u go see who i be.... grin grin grin
abuayman:

Who yhu be. grin grin
Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by AyoOne01(m): 7:33am On Jun 12, 2016
adaksbullet:
While we mack zucarbog dleted mine pic that am snap n am onlod in mine fb acont?angry he's he the one that his payed for mine data?angry abi his he mad?angry

Take it easy bro, I understand ur plights, I will talk to Zuckerberg on ur behalf…. Sorry ehn

5 Likes

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by teepsee(f): 7:33am On Jun 12, 2016
I already downloaded the app, but it was so boring and not understandable that I have to delete it. Imagine them telling me to create an account, an account for an app that works with Facebook? Why won't it log in using my Facebook I. D
Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by Ayomi088(m): 7:36am On Jun 12, 2016
shocked
Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by kobonaire(m): 7:36am On Jun 12, 2016
Who giveth a F about FB when we have NairaLand cool

4 Likes

Re: Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why by joey4sheva(m): 7:45am On Jun 12, 2016
I've heard

(1) (2) (Reply)

Budget Phones: What Phone Has Excellent Qualities At A Reasonable Price? / Get Etisalat Data Plan.. 2gb For N2000 / How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.