Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

"Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents (37456 Views)

Igbo Ekunie Initiative: Another Pro-Biafra Agitation Group Emerges In Nigeria / "Fresh PDP": PDP Splinter Group Emerges In Abuja / “Gausiyya” Emerges In Markafi, Kaduna - El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by fitzmayowa: 7:49am On Jun 12, 2016
The Kaduna State Police Command has stepped up security following attacks on the residents of the state by a new deadly group called “Yan Shara”.

The spokesperson of the command, Abubakar Zubair, stated this in an interview with newsmen on Saturday.

Yan Shara, which means “Sweepers” in Hausa Language, has carried out series of attacks on some residents of the state, using dangerous weapons like knives.

Its members, which comprise mostly young adults, now operate in major towns in Kaduna, including Tudun wada, Unguwan Rimi, Kakuri, Unguwan Dosa and Kawo.

Mr. Zubair said though the police were not aware of some of the attacks, the activities of the group had been put under control by the force.

He said, “The Kaduna police have all the information about the activities of the gang in some part of the state that include Tudun Wada and Rigasa area and have taken all the necessary steps to bring that to a stop. We never had any other report of such activities from groups like that in recent time.”

“The case of Unguwan Rimi and Unguwan Dosa are new to me now but the police will step up and find out what actually happened. The police are not taking it lightly with such activities of hoodlums in the state anymore.

Governor Nasir El-Rufai had recently assured residents of the state of his administration’s resolve to ensure that the activities of the group were not only curtailed but also totally eradicated.

The governor, who spoke when he visited a victim of the group, Emmanuel Francis, at St. Gerard Hospital Kaduna, warned the people of the state not to impose the tenets of their religions on others.
“We implore everyone to do their duty to uphold peace and security in Kaduna State.

We should not allow differences in faith to be a barrier to harmony or a cause for conflict. Nobody can impose the tenet of his faith on another person,” Mr. El-Rufai said.

“The decision to observe any religious activity is the prerogative of the individual. Let us all remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the security agencies.”

Mr. Francis, a Christian, was attacked last week by suspected members of the group for eating during Ramadan.

A resident of Kakuri, Bala Awwal, has narrated how Mr. Francis was attacked by the group.
Mr. Awwal recounted that the victim was attacked in Kakuri area last Tuesday by members of the group while he was having lunch.

He said the members of the groups protested that he was eating at the time Muslims were observing their fast.

“They even stabbed the man,” he explained lamentably, adding that it was the prompt intervention of the police that saved him from death.

Mr. Awwal said the police had made some arrests in the area.

Also speaking, on Mal Mustapha, said many of the members of the Yan Shara were residents of the same areas where the activities had taken place.

“As a community leader, we keep telling people in the Mosque and gathering to be cautious of these boys,” Mr. Mustapha said.

“Nobody knows what their motives are or what they intend to achieve with such activities. We are calling on the Kaduna state Police and the government to in a matter of urgency hasten taking action on this group’s activities in the state.”

A resident of Unguwan Dosa, Bello Sani, said he narrowly escaped being lynched last week when the group attacked him on his way from the mosque where he had gone to pray.

He said, “It happened after the last prayer of the day, Isha’a at Unguwan Dosa. I was going home from the mosque in Unguwan Dosa when I saw people running and coming my way.

“At first I thought it was a riot. Then one lady who was running overtook me and was shouting run! run! run! the sweepers are coming. I did not understand what she meant by sweepers until I saw some shops close to me closing down and also telling me to run.

“However, before I could run fast, one among them hit me with a big stick on my back. I was able to jump in to a house close to me forcing them to retreat.”

Describing the experience as “horrific,” Mr. Bello said he was very scared because he did not know about the group until last month a friend who lives in Tudun-Wada told hold him about it.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/205127-new-deadly-gang-emerges-kaduna-terrorizes-residents.html

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2016/06/new-deadly-group-yan-shara-responsible.html?m=1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by SleekAboki: 7:55am On Jun 12, 2016
APC>Broom>>Sweepers>>>

Apc and Buhari REALLY swept US all from our feet the very moment they came to power.Perhaps, the gods are angry on US for making a poor decision during the last elections.

I thought Buhari and APC were the lesser evil and voted.

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by alonzoiv(m): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2016
Kaduna again? First it was Shiite, now it's “Yan Shara”. Nigeria is not an Islamic state/country and we wont be held to ransom by some illiterates who hide behind religion to perpetuate evil. You cannot force your religion on another person. May God deliver this nation.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by mrvitalis(m): 8:00am On Jun 12, 2016
The only thing that will save the North is eduction, we need more schools in the North, so that the youths can be exposed and see the truth, if not we the south will feel the effect of their backwardness
But the truth is that their leaders don't want that because they will become more difficult to control and the fulani minority will be relegated to the background

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by fitzmayowa: 8:02am On Jun 12, 2016
Sometimes I begin to wonder if it's compulsory for all nigerians to join in the Ramadan fast, from hisbah police in Kano seizing food during Ramadan to youth attacking people of other faith in Kaduna just because they are eating while they "blood sucking fo.ols" are fasting...

Yet they tell nigerians to respect each other's faith, sometimes I just wonder how we ended up with this set of animals in the same country called nigeria...SMH

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:05am On Jun 12, 2016
Northern Muslims need Education sincerely cool cool

The should also regulate child birth rate in the north, I wonder how a shoemaker on the street will have 4 wives and over 20kids? which income will he use in feeding them?

Lots of Almajiris are tools for religious extremism.

The likes of Atiku Sons are marrying American Christian women cool cool

Northern youths hold your leaders accountable please cool cool

They all use religion to suppress your thinking abilities so that you cannot question their incompetence cool cool

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by PRYCE(m): 8:07am On Jun 12, 2016
Ai kowa ma na da sinsiya a gidan sa!

Wannan sai dai a Kaduna. Su zo su gwada a Taraba Mana.

Yan Iska, mahaukata wai su musulmi!

If Southern Kaduna doesn't rise up to the occasion, na their water go boil.

20 Likes

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by TheFreeOne: 8:12am On Jun 12, 2016
Sweepers Wetin dem dey sweep
Dem be members of APC

A lot of madness going on up north. The govt should ensure these guys are arrested asap before they become another terrorist group.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by fitzmayowa: 8:15am On Jun 12, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

The should also regulate child birth rate in the north, I wonder how a shoemaker on the street will have 4 wives and over 20kids? which income will he use in feeding them?

They all use religion to suppress your thinking abilities so that you cannot question their incompetence cool cool

If you talk about the bolded in the midst of almajari's they go Lynch you or declare a fatwah on your head...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:28am On Jun 12, 2016
fitzmayowa:

If you talk about the bolded in the midst of almajari's they go Lynch you or declare a fatwah on your head...

Lol I no fit correct Almajiris in the north oooh cool cool They'll just claim you are blaspheming and that's the end cheesy grin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by sinistermind(m): 8:28am On Jun 12, 2016
GEJ started the Almajiri, they no gree go. They prefer to remain primitive. The south should just brace themselves for the looming ethnic cleansing.

2 Likes

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by IrradiatoR: 8:51am On Jun 12, 2016
alonzoiv:
Kaduna again? First it was Shiite, now it's “Yan Shara”. Nigeria is not an Islamic state/country and we wont be held to ransom by some illiterates who hide behind religion to perpetuate evil. You cannot force your religion on another person. May God deliver this nation.

well said my brother, , ,
I do wonder whether these guys read the Holy Qur'an at all.

Like you rightly pointed out on "not forcing your religion on another person", the Holy Qur'an is explicit on it, referencing Qur'an Chapter 109:

In the name of Allaah the Most Beneficent the Most Merciful.
1. Say: O ye who disbelieve
2. I do not worship that which you worship
3. And neither do you worship that which I worship
4. Nor am I going to worship that which you worship
5. Nor are you going to worship that which I worship
6. YOU SHALL HAVE YOUR RELIGION AND I SHALL HAVE MY RELIGION.
(Qur'an 109 verses 1-6)

Truth is the word of Allaah, but I wonder why they always choose to be VIOLENT, with no sound evidence for their actions. The religion is an evidence based one, without which whatever you do is null and void.

Is it not even preferable to preach and win more souls to one's religion than killing in the name of religion

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by bettercreature(m): 8:54am On Jun 12, 2016
SleekAboki:
APC>Broom>>Sweepers>>>

Apc and Buhari REALLY swept US all from our feet the very moment they came to power.Perhaps, the gods are angry on US for making a poor decision during the last elections.

I thought Buhari and APC were the lesser evil and voted.
Your family made poor decision,your tribe is the one distabilizing Nigeria not APC

6 Likes

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by bettercreature(m): 8:57am On Jun 12, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

And what is the different between northern Nigeria and SS/SE Nigeria? Are you people not part of Nigerias problem? You both need education and orientation,saboteur and terrorist are on the same level

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by IrradiatoR: 9:05am On Jun 12, 2016
fitzmayowa:
Sometimes I begin to wonder if it's compulsory for all nigerians to join in the Ramadan fast, from hisbah police in Kano seizing food during Ramadan to youth attacking people of other faith in Kaduna just because they are eating while they "blood sucking fo.ols" are fasting...

Yet they tell nigerians to respect each other's faith, sometimes I just wonder how we ended up with this set of animals in the same country called nigeria...SMH

cry please don't mind them. . .
The religion is not what they are portraying it to be.
There is no evidence whatsoever that allows food to be seized or an individual to be attacked for not fasting. They are just doing what they like, trying to brew chaos all in the name of religion.

If the rulings concerning fasting allows some categories of Muslims NOT to fast during this period, how come is it now an offence for non-Muslims who don't fast onisolenu ni awon ara bi yi o, haba sad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by PhilemonObende: 9:14am On Jun 12, 2016
mrvitalis:
The only thing that will save the North is eduction, we need more schools in the North, so that the youths can be exposed and see the truth, if not we the south will feel the effect of their backwardness
But the truth is that their leaders don't want that because they will become more difficult to control and the fulani minority will be relegated to the background

But we yoruba muslims know that ibos are the problem.

1 Like

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by SleekAboki: 9:17am On Jun 12, 2016
bettercreature:
Your family made poor decision,your tribe is the one distabilizing Nigeria not APC
Howdy sophisticated creature?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by Shukuakukobambi: 9:32am On Jun 12, 2016
PhilemonObende:

ipod! we yoruba muslims like that shukuakukobambi and fuckdmod support the fulani muslims in whatever they do to you christians!

cheesy cheesy

This Osu with an identity crisis is here again!! Haven't you found your family members yet?? You must be reeling from the pummeling of yesterday cheesy

You're the confused clown named Philemon claiming to be Muslim and a loyal slave of the fulani. I'm not a Muslim and I'm happy about that.

May you always remain the loyal slave of the Fulani as you've professed to be. Oya say amen cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by Metallurgist: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2016
to clear this matter. the yan shara aka sweepers are junkies and jobless drug addicts, a product of dysfunctional families who uses any means of chaos and anarchy to get cash for their evil purpose and I wonder how the differ from Axe welding cults groups of the south beheading ppl daily. the north need education, that I agree completely but its not like the south is a Paradise.

5 Likes

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by PhilemonObende: 9:39am On Jun 12, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

cheesy cheesy

This Osu with an identity crisis is here again!! Haven't you found your family members yet?? You must be reeling from the pummeling of yesterday cheesy

You're the confused clown named Philemon claiming to be Muslim and a loyal slave of the fulani. I'm not a Muslim and I'm happy about that.

May you always remain the loyal slave of the Fulani as you've professed to be. Oya say amen cheesy

My full names are Philemon Uztaz Obende. My mother is a christian from Edo my Father is a muslim yoruba.

I am a proud muslim man!

2 Likes

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by Shukuakukobambi: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2016
PhilemonObende:

My full names are Philemon Uztaz Obende. My mother is a christian from Edo my Father is a muslim yoruba.

I am a proud muslim man!

Very good!

Now I pray for you. May you remain a loyal and eternal slave to the Fulani as you've proffesed to me countless times.

Can I hear an amen? cool

12 Likes

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2016
Another Islamic sect again. Must they impose their religion on ppl?, religious dogmas claiming peaceful religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 12, 2016
bettercreature:
And what is the different between northern Nigeria and SS/SE Nigeria? Are you people not part of Nigerias problem? You both need education and orientation,saboteur and terrorist are on the same level
Keep supporting evil.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by mrvitalis(m): 10:06am On Jun 12, 2016
PhilemonObende:

But we yoruba muslims know that ibos are the problem.
How are we the igbos the problem??
We are the only true Nigerians as far as am concerned.... We are the only group that have more investment outside our region in Nigeria

We go to places and do our best to develop them, our leaders don't control us( but was surprised nnamdi kalu used radio to control many)
We are the most educated in Nigeria and that's a fact.. .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by erusen: 10:10am On Jun 12, 2016
herbie27:
Keep supporting evil.
leave the mumu by the time another round of IDP starts im eye go clear

4 Likes

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 12, 2016
erusen:
leave the mumu by the time another round of IDP starts im eye go clear
I no even knw waitin christians dey do for those cursed lands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by oduastates: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2016
Baggage.
Serious baggage.
This is exactly what we've been carrying since 1960.
When will the time come to hop off this tattered bus?

3 Likes

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by ShowYourCertificate: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2016
Our country has been heavily polarised. Thanks to Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by Toosure70: 11:06am On Jun 12, 2016
let us divide this country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents by Consiglier: 11:08am On Jun 12, 2016
mrvitalis:

Someone built model schools and you guys crucified him

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi 80th Birthday: Osinbajo, Akpabio Attend / Boss Mustapha, Malami, Sirika... Ministers Who Will Make Buhari's Next Cabinet / Osun Election: Political Thug Arrested With Charms In IIsale Osun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.