Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) - Business To Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) (220046 Views)

Palm Oil Supply Within Lagos / Palm Oil Supply Business / Do U Have A Supply To Make, Do U Need Funds? I Will Funds U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by melodies: 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
God bless your business! Please one may have an urgent local order so pairing 3 buyers from same geopolitical zone might make one of them lose biz opportunity. Please your phone contact would be appreciated

1 Like

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by iyke649(m): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
Pls drop ur contact. I will like to go into storage next year towards march when d price haz gone down. I reside in ph.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by alakara(m): 9:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
op, just like someone said now,pls part payment is OK before u move the oil.
In your example, if its someone that is just starting he won't have option than just to concur.

1 Like

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by fredlasisi(m): 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2016
I am very much interested in this palm oil supply business....my wattsapp number is 08096299788....pls i need more detailed information
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2016
melodies:
God bless your business! Please one may have an urgent local order so pairing 3 buyers from same geopolitical zone might make one of them lose biz opportunity. Please your phone contact would be appreciated
iyke649:
Pls drop ur contact. I will like to go into storage next year towards march when d price haz gone down. I reside in ph.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 8:36am On Dec 12, 2016
melodies:
alakara:
op, just like someone said now,pls part payment is OK before u move the oil.
In your example, if its someone that is just starting he won't have option than just to concur.
am grateful for ur contributions, am working on a best way to tackle the issue. God bless you all and HV a fulfilling week ahead.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by Richiez(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
Thanks @donparosky for your quick delivery the last time. I sold everything off in less than a week. The quality is superb! when next will you be coming to supply in abuja? i sent you a mail.

2 Likes

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
Richiez:
Thanks @donparosky for your quick delivery the last time. I sold everything off in less than a week. The quality is superb! when next will you be coming to supply in abuja? i sent you a mail.
u r most welcomed @ richiez, I must also thank you for being a true businessman! I wud contact you once my boys r bout to leave. tanx for doing business wif us sir
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by vekanem(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
A big ups to daporasky for creating the thread, all he has said is true. Sometimes, customers do disappoint and even when you tell a first timer to pay part payment, all he thinks is that ,you wanna take his money away. Its a good business and I am doing my homework well. High time for me to go back to my base in akwa ibom and start all over again. I do imported groundnut oil, but its really on a high side now. So I just decided to stay low for a while. Good luck to everyone and prospective customers and sellers.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 4:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
vekanem:
A big ups to daporasky for creating the thread, all he has said is true. Sometimes, customers do disappoint and even when you tell a first timer to pay part payment, all he thinks is that ,you wanna take his money away. Its a good business and I am doing my homework well. High time for me to go back to my base in akwa ibom and start all over again. I do imported groundnut oil, but its really on a high side now. So I just decided to stay low for a while. Good luck to everyone and prospective customers and sellers.
tanx a lot @vekanem, we need pple like you on this thread. I've done lots of research on palm oil and in one of such I discovered d vegetable oil we r importing can be produced @ a low cost from palm oil. if uve ever seen REFINED, BLEACHED AND DEODORIZED PALM OLEIN on vegetable oil containers, then its made from palm oil. I've promised to share all experience and results on palm oil research on this thread. I wud do that soon. the aim is to encourage young entrepreneurs to go into Agriculture. Earnestly the natural resources are abundant in Nigeria buh d human resources is lacking. let's keep d hustle alive and positive.God bless us.

5 Likes

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by Payper(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
donparosky:
d price to pH had been quoted earlier,24500. you can start wif any amount buh I wud advise u wait till march when d price is a bit down since u r starting. Remember to break into d market ur price must be lower than those of ur competitors, u can only achieve Dis come march - July next yr. if u start now, breaking even may even be an issue. best of luck sir
Thanks man for the candid advice. Hope to do business with you soonest, can I have your contact?
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
Payper:

Thanks man for the candid advice. Hope to do business with you soonest, can I have your contact?
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 10:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
Payper:

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by uboma(m): 3:43am On Dec 23, 2016
@ donparosky,

What is the current cost of Palm oil per 25Ltrs?
Kindly keep us updated here.
Thank you
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by techcloud(m): 5:01am On Dec 23, 2016
Good job donparosky.
I want to venture into this business too.

I'm based ibadan.

1 Like

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 10:37am On Dec 23, 2016
uboma:
@ donparosky,

What is the current cost of Palm oil per 25Ltrs?

Kindly keep us updated here.

Thank you
d price has dropped a bit. its 18k as of today. cost of tp and rubber not inclusive
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 10:42am On Dec 23, 2016
the price wud kick a Lil bit by first week January and gets to its peak by feb before collapsing by march. thats d usual trend buh God knows best. merry Xmas
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by Peeo(f): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2016
donparosky:
d price has dropped a bit. its 18k as of today. cost of tp and rubber not inclusive

My oga, where do u source ur oil from. Its cheaper now. Send me a mail oluwabiyipeeo@gmail.com. I sent some consignment to abuja and lagos today.

1 Like

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by uboma(m): 11:35am On Dec 23, 2016
donparosky:

thank you for the feedback.

the price is still high.

Do let us know when it okay to buy for storage purposes.

Cheers
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by uboma(m): 11:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Peeo:

My oga, where do u source ur oil from. Its cheaper now. Send me a mail oluwabiyipeeo@gmail.com. I sent some consignment to abuja and lagos today.

how much is yours going for per 25ltrs?
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by gifted21(f): 11:50am On Dec 23, 2016
Peeo:

@peeo, babe how do l get product from u? Are u in Akwa Ibom? How much wit transportation to Ph.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2016
Peeo:

OK ma'am....wud do DAT. am presently in gonigora Kaduna! came for supplies. am delivering 22k all cost inclusive to Kaduna, kano and abuja presently.

1 Like

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2016
@peeo...what's d price from ur location! pls update us here too. Dats d reason for d thread.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
uboma:

thank you for the feedback.

the price is still high.

Do let us know when it okay to buy for storage purposes.

Cheers
sure sir!!
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by Peeo(f): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
donparosky:
@peeo...what's d price from ur location! pls update us here too. Dats d reason for d thread.

@donparosky, As at today, i sold palm oil for #16,500 minus keg and tfare.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
Peeo:

@donparosky, As at today, i sold palm oil for #16,500 minus keg and tfare.
great news! if d yield is much then grasp d opportunity! d prices wud definitely soar up by january/ February. we still processing @ 18k over here until we get fresh fruits by nxt week.
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2016
for those doing storage, its time you start releasing them in bits if u haven't done so. Ensure your drums are empty before January - February 2017. the free fall period is just by d corner. merry Xmas.

1 Like

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2016
And for those intending to store next yr, preparations shud begin by late Feb cum early March. rubber/plastic drums is advisable for long storage. Always choose CPO wif less stearin! best wishes

1 Like

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by Emmitex(m): 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
donparosky:
And for those intending to store next yr, preparations shud begin by late Feb cum early March. rubber/plastic drums is advisable for long storage. Always choose CPO wif less stearin! best wishes
please what do you mean by CPO with less stearin
Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
Emmitex:

please what do you mean by CPO with less stearin
crude palm oil sir, with less fat. usually what we consume here in nigeria is crude palm oil.

2 Likes

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
here are answers to some of your questions, pls feel free to add yours:

a) what is palm oil
Palm oil is produced from the fruit pulp of the oil palm tree (Elaeis guineensis). This tree is native to the area of West Africa near the Gulf of Guinea, which is where its scientific name comes from. Palm trees can grow up to 30 meters tall and produce fruits which are grouped in big, compact and spherical bunches that can contain up to 2,000 fruits each. These tropical fruits are about the size of a large olive, rich in oil (45-
65%), and are naturally reddish in colour because of the fruit pulps’ high carotenoid content. The fruit has a single seed or kernel, which is used to produce a different oil, called palm kernel oil, which has a completely different structure from palm oil (fruit palm oil). Palm oil is extracted by heating and pressing the pulp of the fruit. The refining process is applied to purify the crude palm oil, providing a highly versatile oil, with important functional properties. Subsequently palm oil can be separated into different fractions, liquid (oil) and solid (fats), which can then be processed and mixed according to specific purposes in order to provide exclusive taste and texture in food products.

b)Why is palm oil the most widely-used vegetable oil in the world?
Palm oil has been used for domestic cooking for centuries in Southeast Asia and tropical Africa.The Food industry has adopted palm oil in its refined form in recent decades because of its functional benefits, versatility and widespread availability. Its main advantages are:
High stability over time: Palm oil helps to maintain the products taste along its whole shelf life, because of its higher stability to oxidation compared to other vegetable oils.
Neutral taste and smell: deodorized palm oil can be used in many different foods without affecting their taste; due to its neutral taste it doesn’t mask the flavor of the other ingredients such as milk, cocoa, hazelnuts.
Palm oil is a very versatile vegetable fat due to the possibility to be fractionated in different parts: liquid and solid. The possible mixes of these fractions make it suitable for different requirements of texture and flavor in the final product.
Smooth and creamy texture: food products with palm oil have an excellent mouth feel with specific characteristics for each product. For example, palm oil contributes to the smooth and creamy texture and spreadability in chocolate spreads.
Alternative to trans-fat: palm oil is a good replacement for partially-hydrogenated fat containing snacks.

c)Does palm oil contain a high level of saturated fats?
Palm oil fat composition is equally distributed: approximately 50% of saturated fats and 50% of unsaturated fats. It should be taken into consideration that even if other vegetable oils (sunflower, rapeseed, soy, etc.) have a lower saturated fat content, they would need to undergo a chemical process called hydrogenation to obtain the same creaminess and consistency typical of palm oil in the final product.
Does palm oil have adverse health effects?
d)Contrary to some misleading communications, it is unfair to affirm that palm oil is harmful to health. In food products, palm oil is used because of its intrinsic properties and qualities without resorting to the hydrogenation process. Hydrogenation, in fact, leads to the creation of fatty acids called "trans", which are recognized by the authorities and by the scientific world as being harmful to health. The attack on palm oil is not new. Already in the 1980s in the United States, palm oil was the subject of a prolonged campaign about the alleged harmful effect on health, principally driven by other local producers of alternative vegetable oils. But in the end, the campaign was proven wrong by the scientific world which, on the contrary, recognized how useful palm oil is as a primary substitute for harmful hydrogenated fats. Consequently, the consumption of palm oil in the USA and throughout the world still continues to constantly and significantly grow. Palm oil has been used for thousands of years in human nutrition. There are many scientific studies demonstrating the neutrality of the effect of palm oil on the metabolism as part of a balanced diet.

e)Uses of Palm Oil
the oil palm produces two types of oils, palm oil from the fibrous mesocarp and palm kernel oil from the palm kernel. Palm oil and palm kernel
oil have a wide range of applications; about 80% are used of food applications while
the rest is feedstock for a number of non-food applications. Among the food uses, refined, bleached and deodorised (RBD) olein is used
mainly as cooking and frying oils, shortenings and margarine while RBD stearin is used for the production of shortenings and margarine. RBD palm oil, which is the unfractionated palm oil, is used for producing margarine, shortenings, vanaspati (vegetable ghee), frying fats and ice cream

f)What is Crude Palm Oil ?
Crude palm oil (CPO) is the oil obtained from the mesocarp part of palm oil fruit. fresh fruit bunches (FFB) are used to produce CPO. The crude palm oil (CPO) produced, is further processed to yield either red or bleached cooking oil or detergents.

source:http://www.palmoilandfood.eu/en and other useful materials.

hope you enjoyed it!!!!

5 Likes

Re: PALM OIL BUSINESS( Productions, Sales and Storage) by donparosky(m): 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
buyers pls ensure u empty @least few gallons from ur deliveries to confirm quality before payment.what I saw today @ Abj was terrible. some folks now fill dbottom of 25litres wif chemicals while d top is ur usual oil. the low price is used as bait for customers.just be sure u test and examine them before paying.best wihes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (134) (Reply)

Where to Get quality Grade A Okrika Bale / Introduce Your Business / Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.