Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America (61338 Views)

Five People Shot Dead In Florida Airport / Newyear Eve: Gunman Dressed As Father Xmas Opens Fire On Nightclub Killing 35. / Orlando Attack: Woman & Her Son Chat Before He Was Shot Dead At Orlando Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by fastest007: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1X2NVHj0I

Orlando, Florida (CNN)

[Breaking news alert, posted at 6 a.m ET Sunday]
The suspect in the Pulse nightclub shooting in Florida is dead, Orlando police said. Authorities described the shooting as a "mass casualty situation."

Gunfire erupted at a gay nightclub in Orlando early Sunday, with multiple injuries reported, police said.
"Everyone get out of Pulse and keep running," the nightclub posted on its Facebook page about 2 a.m. ET.

Orlando police warned residents to stay away from the area, and urged people not to call their offices. They declined to provide the number of casualties, saying details will be available later.

"This is a fluid scene and we are working on getting you an update," police said.
'Just bang, bang, bang!'
Pulse describes itself as "the hottest gay bar" in the heart of Orlando.
Hours before the shooting, the club urged partygoers to attend its "Latin flavor" event Saturday night.
Jovial, well-dressed crowds heeded the call in an event that turned into a nightmare.
"It was just, bang, bang, bang!" partygoer Christopher Hansen said of the gunfire.
Ricardo Negron Almodovar said he was in the club when the shooting started about 2 a.m. He barely escaped.
"People on the dance floor and bar got down on the floor and some of us who were near the bar and back exit managed to go out through the outdoor area and just ran," he posted on the club's Facebook page.
"I am safely home and hoping everyone gets home safely as well."

Anthony Torres, who was at the club with friends, said he heard shots as he hurriedly drove off.
"The shots did not sound like a regular handgun, it sounded like it was shooting repetitively and it wouldn't stop," he said.

"So we knew what it was and we left there pretty quick. It was over 70 cop cars that were arriving there ... It happened so quick that people got separated from each other."

Tearful relatives waited outside the club as lights from police cars flashed in the background. Some implored the media to help them get word on their loved ones.

'Just a lot of people screaming'

The sound of gunshots echoed beyond the club.
Jose Torres was clocking in to work at a Dunkin' Donuts across the street when he heard them.
"It was something that I never heard before," Torres said. "I had to run inside the store, and I saw just a lot of people screaming, crying. Just screaming and coming out running like crazy."
Torres said he ducked into the Dunkin' Donuts and called 911 as several people dashed out of the club, bleeding. Police and SWAT teams rushed to the scene.
"They don't let nobody in or out," he said. "The SWAT team is inside there."

FBI agents were also assisting at the scene, agency spokeswoman Amy Pittman said.
Authorities have conducted a controlled explosion near the nightclub, according to Orlando police.
Tom Fuentes, a CNN law enforcement analyst, said controlled explosions are used to breach a door or when a subject is barricaded in a room and police want to use a stun grenade to temporarily freeze their central nervous system.

Hospitals on lockdown

Authorities urged caution as police officers hovered nearby with weapons and dogs.
A few miles away, the Orlando Regional Medical Center was placed on lockdown, the hospital said in a statement. Only essential workers are being allowed access into the building.
Arnold Palmer Hospital and Winnie Palmer Hospital are also on lockdown out of an abundance of caution, officials said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
oo
Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by naijacampu(m): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
Islam is a peaceful religion...

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by fastest007: 3:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Here's the original thing I posted not that CNN stuff you modified into my post:
http://www.nglatest.com/2016/06/breaking-islamic-extremist-storms.html
29-year-old Omar Mateen shot at dozens of people leaving at least 50 dead and 48 injured in a terrorist attack that happened 2:AM (12PM in Nigeria) on Sunday June 12th 2016 at Pulse Club in Orlando, Florida, United States. FBI says the man's family is from Afghanistan and he held extremist views of Islam and mostly targeted gays during the shooting.

The man was eventually shot dead by authorities after holding people inside the nightclub hostage for more than two hours.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by modath(f): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
It's sure the excuse of a human being will claim cos it's a gay club that he shot up, he will make heaven... undecided undecided

No one has the right to prosecute evil on the altar of religion..... God does not need assistance!! Evil people.

185 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by fastest007: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
This is devastating.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by buJu234: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
The religion of peace at it again.

The so called moderate Muslim will come and say he is not a Muslim.

but my question is didn't they know abt this guy view eversince. Why didn't they report him to the authority.

All these will now make trump win the coming election

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by erusen: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2016
modath:

I'm sure the excuse of a human being will claim cos it's a gay club, he will make heaven... undecided undecided
thought u were a muslim

3 Likes

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by buharisbae(f): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
blame Islam not muslims

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by modath(f): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
erusen:
thought u were a muslim

Why did you assume so? Cos i support Buhari? Fallacy of hasty generalization..

Does Jona not have muslim supporters? Is the Fat clown Asari not a muslim?

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by erusen: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
modath:

Why did you assume so? Cos i support Buhari? Fallacy of hasty generalization..
Does Jona not have muslim supporters? Is the Fat clown Asari not a muslim?
no bird,o thought u are a Muslim because of ur name

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by papayeye: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
Hurray, this 1 go make Trump win election quick, quick. I don dey fear before. Abeg make November quick come, so Trump go win election. After ein win, oga trump go kia kia sign the sack Sai Bubu from office. I go laff all this zombies tire.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 4:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
KILLING IS UNISLAMIC & BARBARIC

HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THEM ALL DEPORTED TO NIGERIA & GET THEM 14 YEARS EACH.
GUNS EVERYWHERE IN THE U.S. OBAMA SHOULD DO SOMETHING BEFORE HE LEAVE OFFICE

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by DamiG(f): 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
IF Islam is offended by free speech,education
gay marriage, women's rights,atheism,
euthanasia, democracy, bacon and
genuine human rights, it is not time
for us to change. It is time for Islam
to leave. "
- Jurian Janssen

RIP to the innocent souls whose lives were taken by a bigoted extremist who didnt agree with their sexual orientation sad

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by papayeye: 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
erusen:
no bird,o thought u are a Muslim because of ur name
O boy, u dey jones. Modath na proper Rivers boy from bonny. Ein papa no get money send am go school. So 1 fulani Alhaji con knack him ******, den con send am go school. Na den ein con turn Life Talakawa slave to fulani. Nothing wen dey do go bad 4 ein side. Na dem dey buy am everything, pay him house rent, buy am car, even ein boxers, na dem buy am for am. So, just leave him side.

15 Likes

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
modath:
It's sure the excuse of a human being will claim cos it's a gay club that he shot up, he will make heaven... undecided undecided

No one has the right to prosecute evil on the altar of religion..... God does not need assistance!! Evil people.
Who made you the judge
Allahu Akbar cool

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by looseweight: 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Hmmmm.....nawah oooooooo....

Guns everywhere.....

Check my profile for natural weight loss tips

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by clefstone(m): 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Islam sure needs to define itself let us know if it stands with murders like this or not
While the average muslim u talk to will condemn these terrorist acts and denounce the perpetrators, the insanity of killing innocent people in the name of Allah continues
I was watching a press conference on this recent killing about an hour ago and as usual a local Imam came on the podium and condemned the killing
Such condemnation is not enough. Muslims should stop instilling hatred on America and the west in the hearts of their children

31 Likes

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by NigerDeltan(m): 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Muslims ehn!!

I pray Donald Trump win

32 Likes

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by rantmoniker(m): 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
How does this affect Nigeria. People have posted more meaningful stories on Nairaland today worth moving to the frontpage. How does gay stories interest the mods so much. Gay practice is wrong in most countries and termed unholy in many religions. The wages of sin is always death. Ways God will perish the wicked.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by emymeeky: 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
I stand against this.

1 Like

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by peter1994(m): 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
Na wa o

So this happened at a gay club....

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by jamesibor: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
More votes for Trump.

14 Likes

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by EWAagoyin(m): 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
I have nothing to say

4 Likes

Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by RaeMystix: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
It's been called an act of Terrorism.
Re: 50 People Shot Dead At Florida Gay Nightclub In America by YourMajesty(m): 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
So sad.

We shall see the end of 2016.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Massacre Of 147 people In Kenya: Face Behind The Attack / This Is What Will Happen After Queen Elizabeth's Death / Biden Appoints Funmi Olorunnipa Badejo As White House Counsel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.