Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today (11094 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 71st Birthday Today / President Buhari's 74th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu's 74th Birthday And Thanksgiving Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 8:25am On Jun 13, 2016
Abdulsalami Alhaji Abubakar pronunciation (born June 13, 1942) is a retired Nigerian Army General who was military President of Nigeria from 9 June 1998 until 29 May 1999. He succeeded Sani Abacha upon Abacha's death. It was during Abubakar's leadership that Nigeria adopted its new constitution on 5 May 1999, which provided for multiparty elections. Abubakar transferred power to president-elect Olusegun Obasanjo on 29 May 1999.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdulsalami_Abubakar

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by HungerBAD: 8:26am On Jun 13, 2016
A good man.

I consider this man the father of Nigeria's democracy. And since he left power,he has been quiet and very state man like.

Happy Birthday Sir,you have earned my respect.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by nnadychuks(m): 8:27am On Jun 13, 2016
Lala himself posted it.. Nairalanders fasten your seat belts we are moving to front page

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by SWG25: 8:28am On Jun 13, 2016
It was this man that gave us the useless 1999 constitution. Him and that Ijaw man called Niki Tobi

But he tried anyway.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by buzquet(m): 8:29am On Jun 13, 2016
To him and his family, he's a hero in Nigeria.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by hucienda: 8:30am On Jun 13, 2016
He who helped usher the country into the fourth republic.

Happy birthday General.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by optional1(f): 8:31am On Jun 13, 2016
Happy Birthday Sir.

And Happy Birthday to my lil baby sis.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by nerodenero: 8:39am On Jun 13, 2016
The General wasn't greedy about power. Did what he needed to do and left quietly. Even if he'd looted, successive government have continued to look the other way as compensation for returning Nigeria to democracy.

Happy birthday General!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by Hardaysheenar(m): 8:40am On Jun 13, 2016
Api bdae 2 u baba
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by truthspeaks: 8:41am On Jun 13, 2016
And mu.mu.hari is alredy destroyin his legacy of d 4th republic. Hbd sir
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by NwaNimo1(m): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2016
This man was one of the most prolific thiefs we've ever had - over 1 Billion in less than 1 year!

7 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2016
Okonjo and Abdusalam, na competition una dey do? Hian!!!

HBD to you guys though..... cool
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by Africanspirit(m): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2016
Hapi birthday sir,llnp
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by Ahmedhussain3463: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2016
happi birthday my great general
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 13, 2016
This man midwifed the birth of the fourth republic. He was so eager to leave power that he was literally begging Falae to drop his court case. One interesting fact is: he was the parade commander the day Obasanjo handed over power to Shagari in 1979, twenty years later, he handed over power to Obasanjo as a democratically elected President--Obasanjo has been a very lucky man although he has never acknowledged this...May you see more of this day, Sir.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by firstolalekan(m): 8:44am On Jun 13, 2016
IBB, SARAKI, GEJ AND OBJ can be the biggest thieves in Nigeria, but this guy is the FATTEST AND SMARTEST thief of them all.
Within a time frame of six months, he stole almost the same amount ABACHA stole with four years.
What saved his ass is the easy/non-violent transfer of power from military to civilian government that he allowed.
He has never in anyway attracted the media because his own style is "chop and clean mouth"

Karma is still alive....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by Chykman4ever: 8:44am On Jun 13, 2016
These are the people that messed up Nigeria.. God will visit them one after the other and the poor masses they left in abject poverty will triumph over them .. continue celebrating
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by ElPadrino33: 8:45am On Jun 13, 2016
This man chop our money sha but Happy Birthday to him still.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by Proffdada: 8:45am On Jun 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by monaPhilz: 8:46am On Jun 13, 2016
HBD sire!
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by Nuhusky: 8:46am On Jun 13, 2016
Yes we share the same Birthday with the General! Happy Birthday to me!
Thank you, God, for giving me another year of life. I really appreciate my life even more because of the maturity of my mind and the
reflection of my heart towards GOD and why
am i existing in this world. Forgive me for the hours I wasted, for the chances I failed to take, for the opportunities I missed this past year. Help me in the days ahead to make this the best year yet, and through it to bring good credit to myself, happiness and pride to my loved ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by isbish(m): 8:47am On Jun 13, 2016
Great man. But you steal our money plenty well well O. We have forgotten that only cos you gave democracy life in Nigeria. HBD nonetheless.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by mamabomboy: 8:47am On Jun 13, 2016
HBD, architect of modern Nigerian Democracy. Despite your many faults, Nigerians, will forever be grateful to you, for selflessly handing power over to a civilian democratic government. Also, when you were called upon, by Nigeria to help save us from a selfish, greedy myopic old power monger, you didn't relent. I wish you LLNP.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by chimah3(m): 8:49am On Jun 13, 2016
Hbd
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by MadCow1: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2016
Happy Birthday your Excellency..
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by StepTwo: 8:52am On Jun 13, 2016
the natural father christmas
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by folexy4: 8:54am On Jun 13, 2016
Happy birthday to the real patriotic of this great country.
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by dannyben5: 8:54am On Jun 13, 2016
Hbd sir....2nd pic i luv dat beared it look like snow
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by Mopolchi: 8:54am On Jun 13, 2016
One of the highest Yamers. Mr Corruption!
Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by dermmy(m): 8:55am On Jun 13, 2016
HungerBAD:
A good man.

I consider this man the father of Nigeria's democracy. And since he left power,he has been quiet and very state man like.

Happy Birthday Sir,you have earned my respect.

Father of demo what? The man who killed chief MKO Abiola. cry He refused to release Chief MKO from prison after Abacha's death, south western leaders urged him but this satan you called father of democracy remained adamant until Chief MKO was poisoned., his CSO was there the day the Chief was poisoned, very soon Al-Mustapha will reveal the truth in his book.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by mastengsynergy: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2016
The man need to be asked of "Chief M K O AbiAbiol's" Death.
He knows it all

1 Like

Re: Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today by mastengsynergy: 8:58am On Jun 13, 2016
The man need to be asked of "Chief M K O Abiola's" Death.
He knows it all

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Suspend Petroleum Products Loading / Betta Edu Hails Gov Ayade, Minister As 36,000 Women Get Conditional Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.