Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Does Student Traveling To USA Need Only Oneway Ticket - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does Student Traveling To USA Need Only Oneway Ticket (2592 Views)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants / Important Things To Take Along If You Are Relocating To Usa For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Student Traveling To USA Need Only Oneway Ticket by corpROYAL(m): 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
Please l have a brother that got america student visa recently. Is planning to tavel soon and, I want to know if is buying only oneway ticket that is : no need of returning ticket since is going there for studies. Some say the ticketing rules has change that you need to buy both oneway and return. I need someone that is a student that just travel there recently who can give me a current answer because this is causing misconception. Your contribution will be highly appreciated. Thank you all.
Re: Does Student Traveling To USA Need Only Oneway Ticket by slightlyMad(f): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2016
that is not true, you can buy oneway on f1 student visa

2way is for non-immigrants on b1/b2 visas as they will be sent back since that showed they have immigrant intent to CBP
their trip back home is on the airline that brought them.
i believe but not sure, it is a form of agreement signed with these airlines that they have to return people turned back at POE
in order to avoid this business risk, the airlines do their due diligence

1 Like

Re: Does Student Traveling To USA Need Only Oneway Ticket by corpROYAL(m): 10:11am On Jun 14, 2016
slightlyMad:
that is not true, you can buy oneway on f1 student visa

2way is for non-immigrants on b1/b2 visas as they will be sent back since that showed they have immigrant intent to CBP
their trip back home is on the airline that brought them.
i believe but not sure, it is a form of agreement signed with these airlines that they have to return people turned back at POE
in order to avoid this business risk, the airlines do their due diligence

Thank you bro l am grateful for this info. I just want to be sure. I think best thing to do is to findout from from the flight carrier on their current carrier requirement for the f1 visa.
Re: Does Student Traveling To USA Need Only Oneway Ticket by corpROYAL(m): 10:15am On Jun 14, 2016
I dont wabt him ti risk the POE checking because they can be very strict most especially on naija but been a student l dobt think he should have any problem. Immigration visa and f1 student visa can buy only oneway every since but due to insecurity many countires have change their point if entries requirement.
Re: Does Student Traveling To USA Need Only Oneway Ticket by corpROYAL(m): 10:15am On Jun 14, 2016
I dont wabt him ti risk the POE checking because they can be very strict most especially on naija but been a student l dobt think he should have any problem. Immigration visa and f1 student visa can buy only oneway every since but due to insecurity many countires have change their point of entries requirement.

(1) (Reply)

Help: A Polish University Holds Back My Tuition Fees Back / Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America / I Want To Travel Abroad, What Is The First Thing I Must Do???.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.