Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support (1661 Views)

Come, Where Are All The Xbox One Gamers? / Microsoft Unveils The Xbox One X At E3 2017 / Introducing The Xbox One X! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support by mrcassanova(m): 5:40am On Jun 14, 2016
At the E3 2016, Microsoft introduced the new Xbox One S and a sleeker, streamline Xbox wireless controller.‎

The Xbox One S allows you ‎play the greatest games lineup, including Xbox 360 classics, on a 40% smaller console. Also you get to experience richer, more luminous colors in games and video with High Dynamic Range technology. Stream 4K video on Netflix and Amazon Video, and watch UHD Blu-ray™ movies in stunning 4K Ultra HD.

Prices start at $299 for the 500GB Xbox One S model; $349 for the 1TB model and $399 for the special edition.

Via: http://thegadgetsfreak.com/microsoft-xbox-one-s-with-4k-video-support-and-new-wireless-controller/
Re: Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support by samsard(m): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2016
Perfect, but the price of the base version sounds unbelievable to me; considering its an upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
It only supports 4k video streaming and bluray, but not 4k gaming.
Re: Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support by samsard(m): 6:01am On Jun 15, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Oh!
Re: Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
Well,damn.makes me want to get an xboxone,smaller size xbox only means the power brick will be big as hell.. grin
Re: Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support by samsard(m): 4:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
youmour:
Well,damn.makes me want to get an xboxone,smaller size xbox only means the power brick will be big as hell.. grin
That should be true.
Re: Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support by droopyd: 5:22am On Jun 17, 2016
youmour:

Sorry to disappoint you, there's no big power brick this time because it's internal i.e. you only have a cable from mains to the console.
Re: Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:30am On Jun 17, 2016
will be available by August. waiting to see how Nigerian marketers will try to rip people off with ridiculous prices. mind you base model is only $299
Re: Microsoft Announce The Xbox One S With 4K Support by AKBliv010(m): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
Oluwaseunsodiq:

[s]I believe it would you know. The GPU used has 6Teraflops of compute power....that's more than an R9 290X/GTX970.. I think with good game development they can do 4K at 30FPS...or higher with image quality lowered, I think 4K gaming is possible.
[/s]
edit - This is the Xbox Project Scorpio potentially being released next year

(1) (Reply)

Updating Your Fifa 13 / Xbox 360 Controller Stick Drift Problem / Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.