Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,881 members, 7,798,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter (27578 Views)

"I'm Never Buying Expensive Clothes For My Kids Again" - Seun Kuti / Seun Kuti: "Yahoo Boys Are Still Mugus To The Whites" / Femi And Seun Kuti Perform In New York Together (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by RZArecta(m): 6:45am On Jun 14, 2016
In the hint of demands to make June 12, Nigeria’s true democracy day, Seun Kuti, one of the sons of Afrobeat Legend, Late Fela Anikulapo shared a background story on the acclaimed winner of the June 12 election and his wife, Late Simbiat Abiola.

It will be recalled that Fela in one of his song title International Thief Thief (ITT) accused Abiola, Obasanjo, Muritala Muhammed and others of conniving with an international telecommunication company to embezzle money.

Read Seun Anikulapo Kuti’s Facebook post below…

[b]“Give me shít; I give u shít!!:

A certain Simbiat Abiola reported to the Police that FELA ANIKULAPO-KUTI, and his robbery gang stole her red car(make and model unknown) at gun point. Her husband, then a dear friend of IBB and Obasanjo took up the case to the Commissioner. Now this was a blatant lie against a man who never stole a penny in his life unlike them oooo. Fela was promptly arrested and thrown in jail. Abiola and the Police had tortured and bribed three ex convicts as prosecution witnesses to confirm Fela as the leader of their gang. This is a super true story ooo. Don’t be surprised, lemme continue. Fela was charged to court and 2 witnesses had confirmed Felas as their leader and the penalty under military was death! The 3rd witness though, was an ex kalakutian who Fela exiled because he stole. The young man’s conscience couldn’t take it and right there and then in court he spoke the truth that saved Fela lives. Now Fela was acquitted but Abiola and his wife were never tried for attempted murder. This was an attempt at Felas life through his well planned CIA gimmick.

Now to revenge, Fela rents a truck full of shit and goes to Abiola’s house at midnight, the rest is history. Give me shit, I give u shit has been on repeat all morning. June 12 day my gluteus Maximus”

.[/b]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1087198154649351&id=188345707867938&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1087198154649351%3Atl_objid.1087198154649351%3Athid.188345707867938%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1467356399%3A8826426337447292622&__tn__=%2As

With Seun’s story, one can begin to connect the dots of why Fela abhorrs Abiola and the Military rulers of his time who unfortunately are the ones still controlling the Nigeria’s political system till this moment.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 14, 2016
Interesting read!

7 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by RZArecta(m): 6:50am On Jun 14, 2016
Some of our so called "heroes of democracy" were also tyrants in their own rights

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by cassidy1996(m): 6:50am On Jun 14, 2016
F. U . C . K Abiola F. uC .k june 12

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Histrings08(m): 6:55am On Jun 14, 2016
Hmm... Nigerians sha, we don't even know who's who anymore

15 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Kondomatic(m): 6:58am On Jun 14, 2016
The story too short jorr

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by RZArecta(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2016
Kondomatic:
The story too short jorr
you can buy ladder for the story na

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Firstlieutenant(m): 7:15am On Jun 14, 2016
MKO was a crooked SOB, probably why he ended the way he did.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 14, 2016
Heroes Neve Die. Fela Lives On #GOAT

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by RZArecta(m): 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
Histrings08:
Hmm... Nigerians sha, we don't even know who's who anymore
we know who is who, these stories have always been out in the open. Abiola was just served a dose of his own medicine

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Caveatemptor(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
The real story is that Fela was on Decca label owned by Abiola. There was an argument over record sales and royalties, so Fela and his 27 queens and all his band boys headed for Decca records and illegally occupied the place for days until they were ejected by the police. Fela then hired some night soilsmen called agbepoo to go and dump buckets of poo poo(shit) in front of Abiolas house over night such that the occupants could not exit the house in the morning.
Seun should get his facts right please.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Cherishing(f): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
cassidy1996:
Guy Wetin nah

Hope say u no go near Oshogbo ****

Oya receive something if u did

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by sammyj: 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
Seun should go and seat down jooor . Who this information help now. !!! shocked cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Jimadey(f): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
cassidy1996:
Hehehe pained

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by ElPadrino33: 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
Later they'll be blaming PDP for the present state of our country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by femolala001(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Caveatemptor:
The real story is that Fela was on Decca label owned by Abiola. There was an argument over record sales and royalties, so Fela and his 27 queens and all his band boys headed for Decca records and illegally occupied the place for days until they were ejected by the police. Fela then hired some night soilsmen called agbepoo to go and dump buckets of poo poo(shit) in front of Abiolas house over night such that the occupants could not exit the house in the morning.
Hmm.. dis is gettin interesting.. tel us more

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by oodua1stson: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Like I said 2 days ago.

Mko abiola was a scum, the worst of it to say the truth.

There's nothing worth celebrating in his stoopid life.

He deserved everything that happened to him

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by felifeli: 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
RZArecta:
In the hint of demands to make June 12, Nigeria’s true democracy day, Seun Kuti, one of the sons of Afrobeat Legend, Late Fela Anikulapo shared a background story on the acclaimed winner of the June 12 election and his wife, Late Simbiat Abiola.

It will be recalled that Fela in one of his song title International Thief Thief (ITT) accused Abiola, Obasanjo, Muritala Muhammed and others of conniving with an international telecommunication company to embezzle money.

Read Seun Anikulapo Kuti’s Facebook post below…

[b]“Give me shít; I give u shít!!:

A certain Simbiat Abiola reported to the Police that FELA ANIKULAPO-KUTI, and his robbery gang stole her red car(make and model unknown) at gun point. Her husband, then a dear friend of IBB and Obasanjo took up the case to the Commissioner. Now this was a blatant lie against a man who never stole a penny in his life unlike them oooo. Fela was promptly arrested and thrown in jail. Abiola and the Police had tortured and bribed three ex convicts as prosecution witnesses to confirm Fela as the leader of their gang. This is a super true story ooo. Don’t be surprised, lemme continue. Fela was charged to court and 2 witnesses had confirmed Felas as their leader and the penalty under military was death! The 3rd witness though, was an ex kalakutian who Fela exiled because he stole. The young man’s conscience couldn’t take it and right there and then in court he spoke the truth that saved Fela lives. Now Fela was acquitted but Abiola and his wife were never tried for attempted murder. This was an attempt at Felas life through his well planned CIA gimmick.

Now to revenge, Fela rents a truck full of shit and goes to Abiola’s house at midnight, the rest is history. Give me shit, I give u shit has been on repeat all morning. June 12 day my gluteus Maximus”

.[/b]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1087198154649351&id=188345707867938&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1087198154649351%3Atl_objid.1087198154649351%3Athid.188345707867938%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1467356399%3A8826426337447292622&__tn__=%2As

With Seun’s story, one can begin to connect the dots of why Fela abhorrs Abiola and the Military rulers of his time who unfortunately are the ones still controlling the Nigeria’s political system till this moment.

[size=14pt]Tell him to shut up. He probably wasn't yet born at that time. angry angry angry[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by oodua1stson: 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
Caveatemptor:
Seun account of the story is correct. Yours is wrong and crap.

My Dad told me about this story way b4 now and most of the evils done by abiola the scum

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by henrydadon(m): 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
kiss
They are both true legend of their time

And do I also need to state the fact that they are both

Yorubas

May their soul continue to rest in peace

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Proffdada: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
oodua1stson:
Like I said 2 days ago.

Mko abiola was a scum, the worst of it to say the truth.

There's nothing worth celebrating in his stoopid life.

He deserved everything that happened to him
shocked lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by OLUJOSHINS(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
hmmm

I think this Seun guy should embark on a path that leads to self discovery

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by EROMS38(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
dis one na food for thought oooo
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by frubben(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
Fela my man. Fela is one man that was always saying the plain truth in all facet of life. I still have his full album on my phone

11 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Vladm(m): 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
Corruption in Nigeria is lyk fashion, same routine buh slightly tweaked. The past becomes the present and the present becomes the future.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by NovusHomo(m): 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
Cherishing:

Guy Wetin nah

F-U-C-C Fela! God knows how many women he infected with the Aids virus.
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Pray(m): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
Even the military doesn't trust Abiola that's why they never handed over to him.

7 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by kenzysmith: 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
Oga hw the encounter take helps in other news wIZkid considering marrying anna banner tank u
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by NovusHomo(m): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
Cherishing:

Guy Wetin nah

F-U-C-K Fela! God knows how many women he infected with the Aids virus.
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Pangea: 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
angry
In the tragicomedy, called Nigeria
No one is innocent!
I just pitied all those whose lives were wasted for June 12

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beyonce And Usher Were Flirting / Oritsefemi Celebrates His 32nd Birthday With His Friends With A Ram (pics,vids) / Terry G Poses With Lord Maine, Toyin Lawani's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.