Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:12 PM

A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland (7541 Views)

Niger Delta Avengers Give Nigerian Government Condition For Ceasefire. / Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) / Hausa-Fulani And Igbos Clash In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by SonOfEl(m): 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Omenka when did you become a whistleblower between igbos and yorubas? Have you not also been attacking igbos before now? Am still loading punches for you, and its coming real soon.

5 Likes

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Wyttcat: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hehehe!

I'm in, so let's see how it goes grin

Please my Yoruba peeps, let's observe this. Let's prove it that we have been on defense.

@All, I hope after this there won't be a question on who the true tribalists are. For those who missed who started what in the past, this is your opportunity to see who the bigots are, you will see who can't survive without blaming others and who is obsessed with the other tribe.

I know a lot of people will now start quoting me to say unsavory things just to see if I'll respond in kind, but sorry I won't.

Oya! Countdown!

Watching!

1 Like

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by ibehKachukwu: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
junketer:
na you cause am. Why you no ask 30 seconds ceasefire? We for manage 30 seconds but not one week abeg. The brown roof mofos no fit endure even 10 seconds without talking trash about igbos.

Please junket and come back and come vote Refiner oh.

Please do.
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Omenka, asking for ceasefire? Wonders shall never end! You of all people? Is it really about the Igbo's and Yoruba's or the content of their words?

You whose hatred for this same people cloud your post. You say it's inescapable but that's not true. There are people here who would never insult your tribe no matter what happens.

You insult IPOB and Shitte in the face of killings and massacre. Even if these people are crazy and violent should their lives be used to renew the blood of our bond? You see nothing wrong in insulting these people.

Your conscience didn't really prick you well. If it did you'd first have to apologize for every display of inhumanity in the face of inhumanity. Lives became nothing because you love Buhari. Lives became nothing. How you celebrated Book Haram before now.

Not even Modath, Beremx, PassingShot, Snailspeed, Tbaba, HungerBad, TheGoodJoe or Gbawe displayyour sort of behaviour. I've come to understand you are Most Despicable Person on Nairaland. I don't mean this as an insult.

Honestly speaking, I am yet to see a Post of yours without an atom of hate in it. You can show me. Do you believe in God or Good? I'm really baffled about your venom. How do you sleep at night? If you don't believe me you can open a thread and ask Nairalanders about the Most Despicable.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Ariani: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Just imagine. The same Omenka that is Afflicted with rabid form of Igbophobia is pretending to be a neutral calling for truce now. You must think folks are blind.
The very fact that it's a rabid Igbophobic individual like the OP that is calling for this truce is the more reason why the whole thing is a joke.

6 Likes

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Victorvexz:
No cease fire for here,OP, sorry for u. We will not allow the people from the list tribe of Israel to insult us without doing anything. We will be ruthless to there compressed flat heads, we will spill more E-blood and break more of there E-bones. Crush the flat heads
You see, he has a point. If you have any iota of human behaviour and science you'd never insult another man because of his tribe. Environment? Possibly. But Tribe? Never. My problem with is his lack of empathy for anyone except those who MUST support Buhari in every thing.
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
Eboes...........

They need to Understand their place!
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ariani:
Just imagine. The same Omenka that is Afflicted with rabid form of Igbophobia is pretending to be a neutral calling for truce now. You must think folks are blind.
Exactly. The same Omenka whose respect for Victims of Book Haram began May 29, 2015. The best he could have done is apologize for all his show of inhumanity and ask others to reflect on their own lives. He's not yet ready to make that transformation. You can still support your party without insulting anyone. Gbawe does it.

5 Likes

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
Wyttcat:
Hehehe!

Please my Yoruba peeps, let's observe this. Let's prove it that we have been on defense.

@All, I hope after this there won't be a question on who the true tribalists are. For those who missed who started what in the past, this is your opportunity to see who the bigots are, you will see who can't survive without blaming others and who is obsessed with the other tribe.

I know a lot of people will now start quoting me to say unsavory things just to see if I'll respond in kind, but sorry I won't.

Oya! Countdown!

Watching!

Before you start rejoicing, know you that your people fired the first shot. Go to front page and see deleted comments. You were not here when it started.
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Wyttcat: 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
I just can't believe they did, especially when I know what obtains on nairaland and the post are already deleted. Anyways no problem since the abusive posts are deleted, we can still keep it clean.
iamexcelblog:

Before you start rejoicing, know you that your people fired the first shot. Go to front page and see deleted comments. You were not here when it started.

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by omenka(m): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
Reyginus:
Omenka, asking for ceasefire? Wonders shall never end! You of all people? Is it really about the Igbo's and Yoruba's or the content of their words?

You whose hatred for this same people cloud your post. You say it's inescapable but that's not true. There are people here who would never insult your tribe no matter what happens.

You insult IPOB and Shitte in the face of killings and massacre. Even if these people are crazy and violent should their lives be used to renew the blood of our bond? You see nothing wrong in insulting these people.

Your conscience didn't really prick you well. If it did you'd first have to apologize for every display of inhumanity in the face of inhumanity. Lives became nothing because you love Buhari. Lives became nothing. How you celebrated Book Haram before now.

Not even Modath, Beremx, PassingShot, Snailspeed, Tbaba, HungerBad, TheGoodJoe or Gbawe displayyour sort of behaviour. I've come to understand you are Most Despicable Person on Nairaland. I don't mean this as an insult.

Honestly speaking, I am yet to see a Post of yours without an atom of hate in it. You can show me. Do you believe in God or Good? I'm really baffled about your venom. How do you sleep at night? If you don't believe me you can open a thread and ask Nairalanders about the Most Despicable.
You've been seen. What a fantastic comment!!

Bross, no one is forcing you oo. You may observe it, you may not, that is your prerogative.

I will, and I am.

Next time, try a little to understand a post before commenting- you have a brain don't you?? smiley
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by omenka(m): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
Wyttcat:
Hehehe!

Oya! Countdown!

Watching!
Thanks for the understanding. A ceasefire for a week is all I ask and for that, just as predicted, some people have started flexing muscles provocatively at me. I'm sure some didn't even read the opening post.

I'd resist all temptations to clap back- at least, for the next one week.

Like I said, observing it doesn't make anyone a coward- if anything, it is a sign of maturity.

2 Likes

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by omenka(m): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
I feel sorry for those thinking they stand on some higher moral grounds on this board. We are ALL guilty of one form of tribal bashing or another, especially after 2015 elections when nerves became permanently burned.

Those who don't throw direct punches because they don't wanna be seen as being dirty hide behind the curtains and "like" some of the "vilest" comments targeted at other tribes- that is a FACT!!

So if you like, keep deceiving yourself as to your "cleanliness". Na you sabi oo.

1 Like

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Wyttcat: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
I really admire your courage. This is so very thoughtful of you. We will stay the course for the full week no matter what. Thanks!
omenka:
Thanks for the understanding. A ceasefire for a week is all I ask and for that, just as predicted, some people have started flexing muscles provocatively at me. I'm sure some didn't even read the opening post.

Like I said, observing it doesn't make anyone a coward- if anything, it is a sign of maturity.

1 Like

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by ibehKachukwu: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2016
ajebuter:
Well, as a Yoruba, I don't bash other ethnic groups and even if you bash my group, no be only me dey that group

I simply enjoy watching tribal bigots go for each others' jugular and call down evil on their fore-bearers..

To me, it's downright comical, hilarious and childish these online bashing..

Well, I hope the 'name checkers association' on NL find a better past time and observe this one week of truce

And OP, please, refrain from posting drug and ritualist posts for a week because these are blood-letting topics.

We shall be satisfied with 'Lala's snake' topics for this week... Even if him like, make him add crocodile and tiger, we go manage am

Omenka, first time I say kudos to you...

And I mean it..

Continue lying.

Dia is one 12d camera hidden in d sky washing u
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Beamborla(f): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
I dare not say i've not been entertained by this thread and its likes. the hilarious nature of some comments/insults can not be overlooked(even the ones shot at my tribe) Nigerians are guilty of so may crimes...first, you are guilty of being black as far as the world is concerned, you are guilty of being a Nigerian even to fellow Africans. As if that is not enough, you are finished if you happen to belong to any of the three majos tribes especially yellowba and Igbo. It's such a shame you do not have a say in chosing your race, nationality and tribe. Yet you'd fill your mind with hatred for other tribes... Seun is the only winner here. he's the only one who gets paid while we display our stupidity for the whole word to see

1 Like

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Babacele: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
omenka:

Amicable09 ,you see y I'm supporting ya to go for OM.......before some nice looking chocolaty NsukkaOsun babe schooling in the UK snatches him away from you......oh I forgot to add u don't have worry of any daughter of Eve, it has been taken care of...
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Sirsubway1: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lolzzz. I will always give it back to any Ibos that comes my way, we have nothing in common and it should be like that.

The hundredhundred guy alone is enough to wipe there ass. Abeg, make everybody bear there papa name.

The mod should always try to be neutral and not one sided, I cant count the nos of times Obinoscopy and the former proud mod Ngwakwe have ban my handle and allow his brothers continue the bashing. Be neutral and allow us settle it our way.

2 Likes

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by amicable09(f): 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
Babacele:
Amicable09 ,you see y I'm supporting ya to go for OM.......before some nice looking chocolaty NsukkaOsun babe schooling in the UK snatches him away from you......oh I forgot to add u don't have worry of any daughter of Eve, it has been taken care of...
Hahahaha... OM is pulling weight o! Hot cake!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Gimme his portfolio Babacele, I need to act fast! grin

But you are also e-single na... no controversy with you and and somehow it's like your Kachy gf is no longer on NL wink, I can stand in her place until she comes uno cool
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Babacele: 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
amicable09:

Hahahaha... OM is pulling weight o! Hot cake!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Gimme his portfolio Babacele, I need to act fast! grin

But you are also e-single na... no controversy with you and and somehow it's like your Kachy gf is no longer on NL wink, I can stand in her place until she comes uno cool
hahahaha ....Amicable badooo ....u sure u can tolerate me putting all my savings in some crazy projects like an animal opharnage?.....your CIA nose ehn...
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by amicable09(f): 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Babacele:
hahahaha ....Amicable badooo ....u sure u can tolerate me putting all my savings in some crazy projects like an animal opharnage?.....your CIA nose ehn...
Hahahaha... What da heck is that!? Are you also one of those who are busy advocating for animal rights Animal rights activist?

Please, let's do humans orphanage biko. We can even adopt like three or four of the disadvantaged kids sef.

You know I dey sha see and observe things! *winks.

1 Like

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Sammy0two(m): 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
E no go beta for the mod wey ban me and hide my comments
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
omenka:
You've been seen. What a fantastic comment!!

Bross, no one is forcing you oo. You may observe it, you may not, that is your prerogative.

I will, and I am.

Next time, try a little to understand a post before commenting- you have a brain don't you?? smiley
That's the point. If you really have changed you should be concerned about my poor understanding if there's anything like that. But you are far from knowing what you are doing to yourself. You don't really know. If you know what you are doing you won't be doing them.

I don't need your lens to observe it. I've been observing it. You'd see tremors, tremors and lots of tremors in your soul's window pane but it is yet to begin. You'd see men who died listening to you and you are still yet to begin. You see, this is the picture of what evil does to us. Do you like this?

1 Like

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2016
omenka:
I feel sorry for those thinking they stand on some higher moral grounds on this board. We are ALL guilty of one form of tribal bashing or another, especially after 2015 elections when nerves became permanently burned.

Those who don't throw direct punches because they don't wanna be seen as being dirty hide behind the curtains and "like" some of the "vilest" comments targeted at other tribes- that is a FACT!!

So if you like, keep deceiving yourself as to your "cleanliness". Na you sabi oo.
You see man, our thoughts if they remain so only harm us but our thoughts if transformed into words also include our listeners or readers. People can influence and if you can influence that means you can project your personal demons unto others.

Reading through this quote it's evident you are yet to reach that place. That place where we look, our stained eyes fixed on the face of God. No, I don't mean that God. You can do some soul searching. The unexamined life is not worth living. If you die today what exactly do you want to be remembered for?
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Babacele: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
amicable09:

Hahahaha... What da heck is that!? Are you also one of those who are busy advocating for animal rights Animal rights activist?

Please, let's do humans orphanage biko. We can even adopt like three or four of the disadvantaged kids sef.

You know I dey sha see and observe things! *winks.
yes ma.

1 Like

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by decomaniaboss(f): 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
Mbanu!!!!! Till dead!!!! grin grin grin
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by jornie(m): 11:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
Thank God for this calm.....wheeww!!!As at morning and afternoon it was soo bloody..e-worriors running helter skelter, nairalanders hiding behind screens of all sorts for cover.Hmmm,it was a terrible day indeed.I only thank God for our ever brave and gallant brother Omenka ...He escaped shooting point-blank, about twelve(12) shots i think,evaded bombs and RPGs...At a point i thought it was going to be the beginning of another civil war on Nairaland.Thank God, it rather turns out to be the morula of the end of every so called Tribal bigotry/warfare on here.Today exists to prove for the first time in record history, that Nairaland can have people(Igbo and yellowbar) coexist and forebear despite tribal differences,for the sake of peace. Today marks the beginning of a new era,"The Dawn" and I pray that after "the Dawn" peace shall continue to fester and we shall gradually see our dear brothers drop their arms and weapons of tribal warfare till we see "The Day".This means we all therefore, have a moral responsibility to ensure that the dawn thrives,Till we see "The Day". Everyone on-here is morally obliged to condemn every act of tribal lashing/strife otherwise he is also guilty because it is said "not to speak is to speak and not to Act is to Act".
God Bless you brothers!! And together we say, One Nairaland! One Nigeria! One people!

Kind regards.
Ex-Zonal Coordinator, South-West axis NCAN grin grin
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by omenka(m): 6:53am On Jun 15, 2016
jornie:
Thank God for this calm.....wheeww!!!As at morning and afternoon it was soo bloody..e-worriors running helter skelter, nairalanders hiding behind screens of all sorts for cover.Hmmm,it was a terrible day indeed.I only thank God for our ever brave and gallant brother Omenka ...He escaped shooting point-blank, about twelve(12) shots i think,evaded bombs and RPGs...At a point i thought it was going to be the beginning of another civil war on Nairaland.Thank God, it rather turns out to be the morula of the end of every so called Tribal bigotry/warfare on here.Today exists to prove for the first time in record history, that Nairaland can have people(Igbo and yellowbar) coexist and forebear despite tribal differences,for the sake of peace. Today marks the beginning of a new era,"The Dawn" and I pray that after "the Dawn" peace shall continue to fester and we shall gradually see our dear brothers drop their arms and weapons of tribal warfare till we see "The Day".This means we all therefore, have a moral responsibility to ensure that the dawn thrives,Till we see "The Day". Everyone on-here is morally obliged to condemn every act of tribal lashing/strife otherwise he is also guilty because it is said "not to speak is to speak and not to Act is to Act".
God Bless you brothers!! And together we say, One Nairaland! One Nigeria! One people!

Kind regards.
Ex-Zonal Coordinator, South-West axis NCAN grin grin
Lmao! U no well walahi. cheesy
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Caseless: 7:10am On Jun 15, 2016
Ceasefire ke?
Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2016
Omenka pls just shut up and crawl back to your hole. You'd be better off hibernating there in this cold.
wouldn't be missed.

2 Likes

Re: A Genuine Call For A One Week Ceasefire Between Yorubas And Igbos On Nairaland by Leopard2A7: 7:39am On Jun 15, 2016
omenka:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

If only we could see those that 'Like' our comments. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Spend N3 Billion On Fuel, Generators / Onnoghen’s Trial Resumes Today / Aminu Shagali Gives N19M To Students For Scholarship In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.