Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink (6696 Views)

Aocoed: Upgrade Of The College To A University Of Education Is Before The House / Lecturer Impregnates Nursing Student At Ogun State College Of Health Technology / Is Building Technology A Good Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2016
With the JAMB cut-off point set at 180 for universities and 150 for polytechnics/colleges of education, what becomes the lot of those whose mark went below the lower limit?

In thinking of what step to take next, I strongly encourage you to look the way of a College of Health Technology amidst the many options at your disposal, especially if you have a science background.

Why must I consider such an option, you may want to ask?
Continue with me tomorrow.
Thanks.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2016
3 Major Reasons To Look Favourably Towards The College of Health Technology (CoHT)

1. Low entry requirement
It is "JAMBless" - permit me for this usage. It infers that you can gain an admission without JAMB.

Despite being a monotechnic and accorded a polytechnic status, it's regulatory body the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) have not made it mandatory to enter the school through JAMB.

However, do not be surprised to see some CoHT listed in the JAMB brochure, but the simple truth is that without JAMB you will still gain admission into the listed schools too.

Next: Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination Requirement.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by Brownhypo: 10:52am On Jun 15, 2016
Nice one.
#following
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 10:58am On Jun 15, 2016
Thanks @Brownhypo.

1 Like

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
The SSCE requirements for the CoHT seems quite wide.

A National Diploma in Environmental Health Technology which runs for 2 years, will often attract five(5) "O" level credits while the Environmental Health Technician Diploma course which runs for 3 years will attract between three(3), four(4) or five(5) "O" level credits, depending on the school. The Environmental Health Assistant Certificate course runs for 2 years and requires only two(2) credits in most CoHT.
The take-home is that, a course requirement will fit your SSCE result.

Also, note that with a National Diploma you can proceed to study for a Higher National Diploma - with this you are qualified to undergo the NYSC scheme like any other polytechnic graduate.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
Wow! it is already Friday. I say a big thanks to all my viewers so far. Today, I want to share a thought from an aspiring CoHT student before I proceed to other reasons to pursue a course in the school.

An applicant asked me, if he would not be looked down upon by the society if he attends a school with such a low entry qualification, and will the certificate not place a bar on where he can reach in life?
I sighed and looked right into his eyes, I saw a man who wanted to go places in terms of his career pursuit, and wasn't sure of what was in the offing for him with a CoHT certificate/diploma.

Firstly, I told him a visit to any of the 774 local government headquarters in Nigeria will allay your fear of the relevance of the school or it's certificate. The entry point in the public service may differ with the diploma/certificate received, but they all have the same termination level in the public service.
Coming to the private sector, I listed out many options he could look into if he desires the self-employment route, and where private organizations need their services if he wants it the other way round.
I further told him about Hon. Olalekan Ramoni Mustapha an elected member of the House of Representatives (2003–2007) for the Ijebu North/East/Ogun Waterside constituency who finished from a CoHT.

Finally, I put it to him that the degree/certificate is just a factor in your success journey, the other factor that will make or mar you in life is your sense of purpose or direction and the will to walk the path.

I leave you with this. Have a happy weekend.

1 Like

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by shozz: 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
weccotech:
With the JAMB cut-off point set at 180 for universities and 150 for polytechnics/colleges of education, what becomes the lot of those whose mark went below the lower limit?

In thinking of what step to take next, I strongly encourage you to look the way of a College of Health Technology amidst the many options at your disposal, especially if you have a science background.

Why must I consider such an option, you may want to ask?
Continue with me tomorrow.
Thanks.

and which course can I apply if I have d7 in physics
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2016
Thanks for your interest @shozz,

Health Information & Data Management Diploma course (3 years) and Health Assistant Certificate course (2 years) fits your result for our own school.

Please feel free to ask any other question.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by shozz: 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
weccotech:

Health Information & Data Management Diploma course (3 years) and Health Assistant Certificate course (2 years) fits your result for our own school.

thanks
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello,

I am back. The exigencies of my office took me offline for sometime.

I say a big congratulation to those who had a leeway with JAMB. Likewise, I say don't be dispirited if JAMB did not favour you. The truth is that you have other school options at your beckon and call.

In considering the options you have, I think your focus should be on a course with a high chance of starting something by yourself upon graduation. A vocational course would afford you this opportunity - anything medical or paramedical guarantees this opportunity.

This leads to my second point why you should consider a CoHT - it gives you a vocation with a good head-start in life.

1 Like

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
Due to some questions being asked, it is pertinent to know these facts about the CoHT.

1. Which area of health are the CoHT courses geared towards?
Primary health care, which is basically health care at the grass root, local government or rural area.
Albeit, their services also extends to the secondary and tertiary health institutions. Hospitals, irrespective
of its' tier makes extensive use of the health assistant.

2. Do you know why the act for the CoHT was promulgated?
To fill the void of persistent health manpower shortage and close up the gap
between the rural/urban health services.
A recent UN report states that the health worker/patient ratio in Nigeria is about the worst
among country members, with the grass root level/rural area where 2/3 of Nigerians live
being the worst hit.
Look around your rural enclave, does this report not depict what is on ground?
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 3:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
Vital points to note while choosing a CoHT to attend.

1. Is the CoHT approved?
For a CoHT, approval can be through:
Direct accreditation by the National Board of Technical Education (NBTE)
Affiliation to a NBTE accredited government/private College of Health Technology

Most private CoHT start out being affiliated with state/federal institutions because it offers them the ability to tap into existing
institution's experience. They supervise and regulate the affairs of their affiliates and get you approved via their office.
It also offers the private CoHT the opportunity to start with a low budget.
The 'plus' for any student attending a private CoHT is that you graduate with a certificate that bears the name of the parent institution.

Is there a consequence for not attending an approved institution?

You will get to know next week. Have a happy weekend.

Here is a link to vacancy slots at Wecare College of Health Technology http:///oCKdIT

1 Like

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
Wow! It's been quite some time.

Let me finish with my "unfinished" question and delve into the hot trend for now.

The last question: Is there a consequence for not attending an approved institution? Yes! Of what use
is a medical degree without a licence to practice? Only accredited/affiliated institutions sit for
WAHEB (West Africa Health Examinations Board) exams to obtain a practicing license.

So, be wise in choosing an accredited or affiliated CoHT.

1 Like

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
This could be helpful to someone close and dear to you. Please share it.

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 8:38am On Oct 01, 2016
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE TO ALL!!!

To commemorate our independence, Wecare College of Health Technology Iperu-remo
is offering a week long "no-fees lecture attendance" to help post-secondary students
without JAMB and lower SSCE/GCE/NABTEB qualifications decide if a vocation in health
is worth their time.

We strongly encourage students' from Mowe/Ibafo down to Ijebu-ode axis to take up this
"make or mar" opportunity that will commence on 3rd Oct. 2016 by 8.00 am at the
College premises.
This might save you from wasting another year at home.

For further clarifications call 09057119611.

Note: Feeding, transportation and accommodation are at the beckon of the student.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
RE: Week long "no-fees lecture attendance" to help post-secondary students without JAMB and lower SSCE/GCE/NABTEB qualifications decide if a vocation in health is worth their time.

The date for the start-off is Tuesday October 4, 2016, not the holiday-declared Monday October 3, 2016.

Sorry for the inconvenience(s).

WECCOTECH MGT.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 11:02am On Oct 06, 2016
We want to say a big thank you to the good people of Nairaland, who have become our mouth-piece
for the week-long free class attendance for science-based post-secondary students still seeking
admission for the 2016/2017 academic session.

The outcome has been favorable.

The no-cost attendance to help prospective applicants decide if a career in health, at the primary health care level
is worth their time is still running.

Please continue to be our mouth-piece on the effort to negate idleness and promote greatness among
our youths in Nigeria.

A Google search of Wecare College of Health Technology will get you to our doorstep.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 10:01am On May 15, 2017
Good morning to all.

This is another year for our admission-seeking brothers and sisters -
How time flies!

Wecare CoHT is using this opportunity to wish all students writing
the JAMB examination this year - Good success.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 9:35am On May 18, 2017
Hm! Jamb results are beginning to roll in in different shades -
shades I have termed the good, the bad and the ugly.

The bad and ugly shades will worry those whose score
has dim their hope of university/polytechnic/Coe entrance this year.

Rather than worry, I think looking for an alternative route to meet
your educational goal should be your main concern.

I hear someone ask which government accredited/approved path or route, without
JAMB, can make me wear the NYSC khaki, or give me employment with ease, and still
sustain my pride among my mate?

Join me on this thread to decipher this route together.

Have a nice day.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by Akjwyzepal(m): 10:50am On May 18, 2017
weccotech:

my sister did pharm tech at college of health ijebu ilese, and she had upper credit. She graduated last yr and looking for work any help on that?
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 11:25am On May 18, 2017
Sorry, we have no vacancy for now.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 10:56am On May 22, 2017
Welcome to the start of another week.
I pray and hope we enjoy all the "goodies"
the week has in stock.

Straight to the business of the day; A young friend
of mine, told me her JAMB score yesterday, and I was
full of worry and pity for her.
While I tried to comfort her and ask her what her
next step of action will be, she was already in tears.
I could feel her pains because this isn't her first time of
writing the examination.

However, I summoned the courage to tell her that crying a
bucket full of water will make no difference in her score; she
had better put her head up and think of an alternative route
to getting to her educational goal.

I made her understand that some people's path to achieving things in life seems quite
straightforward, but for some, the crooked path lies ahead and no alteration
can change it.

So, for someone with below expectation JAMB result, worrying or suicide is
not a good option, but entering a good college of health technology
without JAMB is a better option - where opportunity exist for you to move
to the university after your higher licensing by the various health boards
involved with your choice of course.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 11:57am On May 26, 2017
Hello.

Today is freebies Friday.

Have you ever taken your time to objectively search out
the most suitable career for you?

It's been shown overtime that, a step to fulfillment in life is
doing the work you are most suited or cut- out for in life.

This is a free online test to check your career fit -
www dot 123test dot com slash career dash test slash (I hope you
can decode it).

Have a pleasant weekend.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
With WAEC 2017 result ready to hit the ground any moment from now,
what becomes the fate of someone with below expectation result?

God forbid I hear someone scream! Or I believe a miracle will happen.
These statements remind me of my days as an undergraduate, when I
do poorly in an examination. I will believe God for a miracle but add an
addendum prayer that, God please give me "let my people go grade" if the
miracle of a higher mark is not possible.
With this stance I simply face reality because I don't want to raise
my hope too high.

Realities are going to be faced with below expectation WAEC result, because
results will be stratified since our mental prowess is not equal. This is simply
the bitter truth.

One way of facing reality is actually getting education in sync with your
academic ability.

Let's continue tomorrow.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
Do you know that with less than THREE(3) credits in WAEC/NECO/GCE
you can undergo various technician courses in a College of Health Technology?

The post-secondary education system is designed in such a way that entry qualification
gets lower from the top (University), down to the Colleges of Education (CoE).

The vocational institutions which the Colleges of Health Technology (CoHT) belong
to does not require JAMB mandatorily. You will be accepted whether or not you write
or pass JAMB.
You may want to ask why? Simple! To encourage vocation education and for people
not to feel derived of education because of low academic ability.

What courses are categorised as technician courses? Let's meet tomorrow.
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2017
We run the following technician courses at Wecare College of Health Technology:
1. Environmental health technician
2. Dental surgery technician
3. Community health extension worker
4. Health information management technician

All technician courses run for 3 years. With the exception of nos. 2 & 3
above which require 5 credits at 2 sittings, the others require lesser
credits for entry. See our Facebook page for the e-poster listing the entry
requirements for each course.

All technician courses will give you an ordinary national diploma in addition to
a practice licence via the West Africa Health Examination Board.

With this professional diploma, what next?
Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2017
Use this information to your advantage.

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 8:25am On Jul 20, 2017
Does your WAEC result fit into any of this course?
If yes, we look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by Meel: 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2017
weccotech:
Does your WAEC result fit into any of this course?
If yes, we look forward to hearing from you.

pls I need a clarity on these college of health tech.

Do you offer Medical laboratory tech, pharm tech, .

Who are the one that works in the lg maternities that white and ash color cloths.

you made mention of it equivalent to ND, since it is a college does it make provision for HND.??

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by weccotech(f): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
Meel:
pls I need a clarity on these college of health tech.

Do you offer Medical laboratory tech, pharm tech, .

Who are the one that works in the lg maternities that white and ash color cloths.

you made mention of it equivalent to ND, since it is a college does it make provision for HND.??

Thanks

Sorry for the belated reply.

Question 1: We do not offer medical lab. tech. and pharm tech for now.

Question 2: The ash and white uniformed personnel are the community health
extension workers'. They first run a 3 year programme to obtain
an equivalent of ND, and can proceed for an HND if desired.

Please feel free to ask further questions.

1 Like

Re: Giving The College Of Health Technology A Rethink by lawrencewalton9: 11:29am On Sep 19, 2022
If you're looking for the best essay service online, you have a few different options. One way to choose a trustworthy service is to check out customer reviews. These reviews are often written by actual customers, and they should be legitimate. Reputable review platforms like Trustpilot and SiteJabber will ensure the integrity of the content. Many services also publish customer reviews on their websites, and some even have them available in video form. You can also contact the reviewer directly to ask questions about the quality of their work.

(1) (Reply)

Unity Schools: Cut-off Mark For Anambra Is 139 While Yobe Is 2, Zamfara 4, why? / Olabisi Onabanjo University (oou) Post Utme/ume Date Has Not Change / (photos) Are You At The Campus, Have You Noticed This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.