Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:42 PM

How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) (26737 Views)

I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. / Job Conditions Man Gave To Ex-Corper (Photos) / I Think I've Been Scammed.. Please What Can I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by ayusco85(m): 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
Am not much of a writer, so pls pardon my grammar and punctuation.

It happened today, this morning at about 9:30am, I was on my way to where I hustle, I got an sis which said thus:

" ayuba.How are u i hope fine, am johnson franklin u x copa mate at Abia st cod 3048 can u work with shell OIL COMPAN if yes call me 4 information god bles u". (below is d screen shot of d sms).

After reading it, I was wondering if this was true of fake. I asked myself why will an ex Corper whose name doesn't ring a bell want to help me with a job in shell? I actually studied geology, so I was like perhaps he was touched by God to help me.

I was wondering my nxt step, Den an idea came to me. Instead of calling him instantly, why not let me check my nysc photo album for the owner of that state code number 3048 he quoted.

So I waited until I got home in d evening, I went Tru 5000 photos of the corpers on my nysc magazine looking for d bearer of that state code 3048. Lo and behold the guy with same name as stated in the sms and d same name bearing that state code on the nysc magazine.

Do I decided to call d number. The following conversation ensued...............

Me: hello, pls who is this....

Scammer: who are u? U called me and u are asking who is this.

Me: this number texted me abt one job, I actually checked u out on the nysc magazine and sorry your face doesn't ring a bell, pls whr do u knw me in Abia state whr I served, because I don't know u....... Before I finished he cut in

Scammer: "if you are not interested just forget it" ...

He sounded so rude, as if he was angry I busted him. He hurriedly ended the call.

I felt good with myself because I acted smartly ...

I decided to share this experience so others won't fall victim. I knw this period things are hard, some won't think twice before calling such numbers until they get duped of their little money all in d name of job offer. Pls ex Corpers beware.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by SageTravels: 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
The hustling is really.

very soon ex N-power will be scamming too

11 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2016
Oldest trick in the book. It happens every time a batch of corp members pass out.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by shulamitewoman(f): 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
Happened to me too wen I passed out..they usually do it immediately after NYSC...thank God I was smarter..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by ayusco85(m): 11:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
YungMike:
Lol. You're not much of a writer
You want me to pardon your grammar and punctuations
And you call yourself a graduate

OP, no difference between you and the so-called scammer. grin

No graduate with common sense will be wasting time wondering if that shii is a scam or nah. Haba, bros... Check out na, "shell oil COMPAN"

NB:- Please don't take life and my comment too serious, coz nobody gets outta life alive. tongue

U too harsh. Lol. Thr ain't much mistakes in my write up. I just said it for saying sake

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by ayusco85(m): 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
SageTravels:
The hustling is really.
very soon ex N-power will be scamming too
It's typical of Nigerians, always thinking of hw to scam innocent people.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by ayusco85(m): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
Maxineng:
Oldest trick in the book. It happens every time a batch of corp members pass out.

Yea but we didn't drop our phone numbers in the magazine, I wonder hw they get people's numbers.

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by ayusco85(m): 11:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
shulamitewoman:
Happened to me too wen I passed out..they usually do it immediately after NYSC...thank God I was smarter..

How was d format they tried using on you? Do tell pls
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
ayusco85:

Yea but we didn't drop our phone numbers in the magazine, I wonder hw they get people's numbers.

You sure?. That's strange. Maybe he has access to documents.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by shulamitewoman(f): 11:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
ayusco85:

How was d format they tried using on you? Do tell pls
exactly d same way dey contacted u..tho mine was sms buh I didn't reply..cos I knw noting gud comes dat easy

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by ayusco85(m): 12:16am On Jun 15, 2016
Maxineng:

You sure?. That's strange. Maybe he has access to documents.

He must have had access to a document containing our phone numbers and course of study. Am guessing our Payment Voucher, we fill it during monthly clearance for allowee, and we enter lots of information abt ourselves.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by ayusco85(m): 12:17am On Jun 15, 2016
shulamitewoman:
exactly d same way dey contacted u..tho mine was sms buh I didn't reply..cos I knw noting gud comes dat easy

Mine too was sms, I attached d screen shot. I called d number to find out who was behind it weda I will recognize the voice. I knew it was scam
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by 00Ademi(m): 12:40am On Jun 15, 2016
Compan grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by Damsonkc(m): 12:47am On Jun 15, 2016
It wasn't the guy you saw on the NYSC book that called you. The scammer probably laid his hands on one of the NYSC photo album and picked a random ID to use.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by chachanga: 3:01am On Jun 15, 2016
YungMike:

No graduate with common sense will be wasting time wondering if that shii is a scam or nah. Haba, bros... Check out na, "shell oil COMPAN"

NB:- Please don't take life and my comment too serious, coz nobody gets outta life alive. tongue

You'd be surprised the extent that gullibility and desperation push people too; especially in the face of joblessness, hunger, shame and all the other ills that seem to easily find their ways into people's lives in Nigeria.

See how many people go round borrowing money to "buy" appointment letters from fake sources and their monies get swallowed with egusi without as much as any thankYou once they hear recruitment is on in Federal Civil service agencies, ehn? See people who can't climb 3 flights of stairways without panting for breath all donning white going for NIS screening? and the result of that iiishh? We all know!

Let the guy caution the rest peradventure his warning might help some poor soul, reading this, save their little allawee down the line someday!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by TPAND(f): 5:17am On Jun 15, 2016
YungMike:

Take a pill called "Grow Up". For your condition you need to take 15tablets a day

18 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by Joy83(m): 6:52am On Jun 15, 2016
shulamitewoman:
It happened to me almost 2years after I finished NYSC. He mentioned some interesting details about me.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by duduade: 7:30am On Jun 15, 2016
And you say you are smart... Nonsense... The fact that you could actually go all the length to look for the name shows you could be gullible...

How many times we don shout say such text messages are scams... You don't think at all you delete straight up

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by Twizzy30(m): 8:20am On Jun 15, 2016
The scammer na big time olodo. Couldn't even construct a reasonable sentence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by veekid(m): 9:05am On Jun 15, 2016
Omo ale jati jati
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by amiibaby(f): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2016
Let me comment bfor reading shocked
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by MadCow1: 9:07am On Jun 15, 2016
This is the oldest scam in the Book.. grin

Even me sef received like two of them.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by blacktwist(m): 9:07am On Jun 15, 2016
almost.... thank your star sha o
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by Emmaoga: 9:08am On Jun 15, 2016
I SEE
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by reechest: 9:10am On Jun 15, 2016
Buhari!!! Buhar!!! Buhari!!!
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by Cherishing(f): 9:11am On Jun 15, 2016
Got mine too but wasn't moved cos I saw it coming immediately I saw my mail and phone no. @our passing out magazine
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 15, 2016
very common trick..got such SMS too..never bothered replying them cus I knew it was a scam artist... op there are so many ways they could get your details,during nysc we drop our info at so many places,ppa,CDs,local govt,board of education,photo album,camp.....OP with the structure and grammar in the message did u actually think it was an Shell staff...

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by addikt(m): 9:12am On Jun 15, 2016
The use of AM and I'M though..... ...

Your first word in your trend ...be concious bro..
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Today By A So Called Ex Corper Colleague (screenshot) by banme1(m): 9:13am On Jun 15, 2016
Op. Ur pal who got ur contact wired it to him. Simple. Na inside job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work / Employment Test: 1+1=? Justify Your Assertion / Advice To Unemployed Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.