Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,196 members, 7,780,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry (2902 Views)

Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / How To Make Your Whatsapp Application Work Again On Your Blackberry / How To Use Airtel Blackberry Plan (NGN 1000 For 3GB) On Android And PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by vicsoj007(m): 11:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
BlackBerry was loved for its smartphones that offered the tactile hardware QWERTY keyboard and the infamous BlackBerry Messenger which helped make it a trend setter. The youth took to it, while the US Government preferred it thanks to the state-of-the-art security and enterprise solutions, making it one of the hottest selling mobile phones.
However, times have changed and BlackBerry is no longer the smartphone everyone wants. While the company is still around, it has certainly lost its charm.

Interestingly, when President Obama entered office, he was a ‘BlackBerry Boy’ and was using it until recently when he confirmed that he’s ditched his BlackBerry for a new device. While he hasn’t confirmed exactly which smartphone he is using, but at a recent appearance on a talk show, he spoke about how he was given a new smartphone this year.
Obama had entered office in 2009 as a “high-tech president” with his BlackBerry and at that time, BlackBerry maker RIM (Research In Motion) was making good money. The coming years saw the development of Android and Apple coming in with iPhone, but Obama stuck to his BlackBerry for obvious security reasons.

At the talk show, Obama told Jimmy Fallon, “I was the first president to have a BlackBerry, and so years passed and no one else has BlackBerrys. Then finally this year they said ‘Good news Mr. President, we’re going to give you a state-of-the-art smartphone instead of a BlackBerry.’ I thought, alright, this is cool I’m excited, and I get the thing and they’re like, Mr. President, for security reasons it doesn’t take pictures, you can’t text, the phone doesn’t work, you can’t play your music on it.”

What do you think Obama has been given? Android or iOS?

SOURCE: http://www.tech9ja.com/2016/06/blackberry-loyalist-president-obama.html

Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by vicsoj007(m): 11:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
cc lalastica
Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by lifezone247(m): 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
vicsoj007:
cc lalastica
Commot here make I comment abeg. undecided

1 Like

Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by bravitudenatura(f): 11:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
grin He's been given Nokia torchlight!

3 Likes

Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by ayourbamie: 1:50am On Jun 15, 2016
calculator

1 Like

Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by Clarinett(m): 5:25am On Jun 15, 2016
Kpalasa

1 Like

Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by captainbangz: 5:50am On Jun 15, 2016
iOS I guess
Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by OmoIyaMero: 7:44am On Jun 15, 2016
In case....
Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by Benbisco(f): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2016
What are supossed to do with this piece of information?

2 Likes

Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by RealAdewole(m): 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
bravitudenatura:
grin He's been given Nokia torchlight!
Nokia torchlight can text now, d phone na DEAD phone or maybe lasisi69 will have another name for it
Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by jmichlins(m): 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
RealAdewole:
Nokia torchlight can text now, d phone na DEAD phone or maybe lasisi69 will have another name for it
samsung s4 but modified that it can not text not to talk of camera
Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by Temitoppe(m): 5:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
it's a pity Facebook app and Whatsapp won't run on BlackBerry phones as from next year
Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by Lildav: 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
Temitoppe:
it's a pity Facebook app and Whatsapp won't run on BlackBerry phones as from next year

Bros My Bold 5 whatsapp is not running, I don install new version yet same issue! How did u get dis ur info?
Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by Temitoppe(m): 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
Lildav:

Bros My Bold 5 whatsapp is not running, I don install new version yet same issue! How did u get dis ur info?

I upgraded my whatsapp (bb10)....then checked the 'about'

Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
Blackberry is near Extinction.... Whatsapp is slowly creeping out from several BB devices...

It's time for full migration... Android or IoS...
Re: BLACKBERRY LOYALIST: President Obama Finally Lets Go Of His Blackberry by tulipsmadra: 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
Let them just try custom Android OS with BB10 UI like Touchwiz and MIUI

(1) (Reply)

How To I Start Importing UK Used Iphones? / My Airtel Free MB A Scam? / Cheap Etisalat Data Bundle For Mtn Sme Data-share Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.