Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,127 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. (938 Views)

Facebook Set To Begin Crack Down On Fake News That Leads To Violence. / Google To Release Its New Set Of Smartphones Tomorrow - October 4th / Facebook To Delete Your Synced Photos By July 7th - See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by AdisaGaniyu(f): 6:36am On Jun 15, 2016
Social network attempts to convince users to install its new photo-sharing app by threatening to remove all photos synced from the Facebook app.

Facebook users could lose a slew of photos taken with their smartphone or tablet under new rules announced by the social network.

Users who fail to download Facebook's Moments photo management app will see any photos backed-up via the Facebook app deleted for good, it warned.

The warning is part of an ongoing push towards the Moments app, which Facebook says offers an easier way for users to upload and backup photographs from their phone or tablet in one album linked to their account.

Previously, Facebook allowed the automatic back-up of photos taken on a phone into a separate album on a user's Facebook account, with photos being automatically uploaded as a way to ensure that nothing important was ever lost.

However this function was stopped back in January as Facebook looked to push the use of the Moments app, which was first launched in June 2015.

Facebook will now delete any snaps stored using this back-up functionality, unless users install Moments by July 7 2016.

Both iOS and Android devices are affected by the move, with some users having already received emails from Facebook warning them about the change.

Facebook confirmed the move in an official blog post:
"Photos you privately synced from your phone to Facebook will be deleted soon.

"Earlier this year, they were moved to Moments, a new app from Facebook.

"If you want to keep these photos, download and log into Moments before 7 July. If you don’t want Moments, download these photos directly to your computer from your Facebook profile before 7 July.”

The site was keen to point out that even if photos are deleted, this will not affect any other photos or videos shared on Facebook separately from the specially synced album.

Users are also able to download all the pictures stored in the synced album to their PC before the July 7 deadline.

The news comes as Facebook previewed a major change to how it handles your Timeline.

The US social network pushed-out a new option to some users that offered a new News Feed-only option for users looking to share on the social network.

SOURCE

1 Share

Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by osenbarak: 6:30am On Jun 23, 2016
mcheew n.a. was oooh Facebook is fumbling
Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by nnasino(m): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2016
hmmm., they shouldn't delete my pics o
Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by sorextee(m): 7:49am On Jun 23, 2016
Been planning to deactivate my fb account since sef. Fb is now a ghost town. Maybe this development will hasten my decision. Let them help me delete my pictures first. Then I do d rest.
Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by Reeberry: 8:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Mumu CEO. He thinks people still give a damn about his app.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by LuveU2(f): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2016
nnasino:
hmmm., they shouldn't delete my pics o
Lol mine too ooo

btw dear, pls i need you to vote for my candidate right in my siggy, just like you voted last year, 2015
Voting commences next week and i will surely notify u with the appropriate link when it starts. Thank u!

Awaiting ur reply! smiley
Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by nnasino(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2016
LuveU2:
Lol mine too ooo

btw dear, pls i need you to vote for my candidate right in my siggy, just like you voted last year, 2015
Voting commences next week and i will surely notify u with the appropriate link when it starts. Thank u!

Awaiting ur reply! smiley
Alright, that's fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by LuveU2(f): 10:24am On Jul 19, 2016
nnasino:

Alright, that's fine.
Thank u cheesy
Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by easrael(f): 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
Little by Little

facebook is falling apart and it won't be funny at this rate they are going
Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by mutvy: 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
Blessing in disguise. Facebook is getting boring by the day and I have been looking for ways to quit.I believe the time is now.Please go ahead and delete my account.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by fetty2008: 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
mutvy:
Blessing in disguise. Facebook is getting boring by the day and I have been looking for ways to quit.I believe the time is now.Please go ahead and delete my account.
Please, we are still enjoying it
Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by LuveU2(f): 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
nnasino:

Alright, that's fine.
Helo dear. U remember me? smiley
Come and cast your vote here smiley https://www.nairaland.com/3263244/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination#48103668

Just type I vote falconey Cc NLJega Thats all

I see u are off line now, anyway voting ends at 6pm and continues tomorrow @10 am
Re: Facebook Set To Delete Users Back-up Photos If You Don't Install Its New App. by Justiyke4u: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
Abeg make them delete biko.

(1) (Reply)

Gionee M5 Mini Needed / See What Happened To This Man While Using His Samsung Note7. (pix) / Airtel Free Browsing Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.